Mewtie

Write on your scroll

Hello, sorry if this was suggested before but I couldn't find something like this (except a BSA, see below).

My suggestion is that you can just write on your scroll without naming a dragon because I can no longer see how people freeze any dragons or take adults just to name them like "Oo CBs oO". That's not a name. I saw that it was suggested for olive dragons as a breed specific action, but I don't think you need a dragon for this. You can write a dragon's name on your scroll, so why not titles?

It could be found under "Account" and then you can choose where you want to place the title (it can be between two dragons, at the top or at the end of your scroll) and write what you want to write there. It shouldn't be a large texts, really just titles. Of course there can be more than only one person which writes the same text. Inappropriate titles would cause that all your titles will get deleted and if it occur in repeated your scroll can get burned. Something like it is the case with the names of your dragons. I don't know if there should be a limited number of titles you can create, you shouldn't create a title for every dragon, I think. If you have suggestions for this post it, please.

You should have the possibility to write something by yourself, but there could be an auto-title option too but you should be able to write something like "Welcome on my Scroll" and "My forum name is..." as well as titles for your order.

Opinions? Thoughts? Critiques? Suggestions for this?

Suggestions:

-This option could appear in the Custom Sort.

-Account -> Change Sort Order -> Titles

-There could be automatic titles which fit your order (if you activate them) and custom titles which you can write yourself.

-You could view the titles also on the breeding page.

-Maybe you could hide titles.

Edited by xDragonia

That's a good idea. Mainly scrolls are made of paper and there's no reason not. Perhaps it shouid be with the Custom sort?

I really like this idea. I've wanted to sort my scroll some other way for the longest time, but as I get up there with numbers it becomes harder and harder to find things, so I don't really want to change the order I've had since I started playing on DC. Though I've seen plenty of people use dragons and frozen hatchlings as placeholders, I couldn't bring myself to name my dragons something silly like 'XXX CAVEBORNZ XXX'. This would solve that problem by lots.

As an extension of Bronzebird's suggestions... It could be with any sort, really; sorting by color could list the color as a title, sorting by breed could have 'Breeds A-E', 'Breeds F-J', etc. Custom sorting could let you set your own.

I definitely support anything like this. I really don't want to have to use hatchlings/dragons to divide my scroll, but that's the only way to do so currently :/

It is a good idea. I support.

Although I don't think there should be any limit to titles. It's not like it's giving us extra egg space. It would be something similar to a post-it note. tongue.gif

That's a good idea. Mainly scrolls are made of paper and there's no reason not. Perhaps it shouid be with the Custom sort?

I thought it could be something like "Welcome on my Scroll" and so on too, nice idea though.

I am glad you like the idea. :3

@DragonNighthowler: Thank you for your opinion. smile.gif I am still thinking about it, I don't think that anyone takes the trouble and writes a title over every dragon. xd.png

Edited by xDragonia

Support. It makes me sad when people use dragons as dividers, but that's the only way people can divide their scroll currently. sad.gif

I support this.

What if the titles didn't have to be unique, like dragon names?

So two players might both be able to write, "Welcome to my scroll."

I support this.

Of course you could. :3 I will edit the first post to avoid uncertainties.

I support this. It makes sense that scribbling on your scroll doesn't have to be unique.

Makes total sense to me. I probably wouldn't need it, but it would be great for people who are currently forced to use dragons as dividers. Definitely support.

support, because i really want to use dividers that aren't dragons.

Or perhaps small text in a white tile, with a number.

And there'd be a little legend off to the side, telling which number corresponded to which title.

Or perhaps small text in a white tile, with a number.

And there'd be a little legend off to the side, telling which number corresponded to which title.

i would rather not have a wolfquest-esqe feature. custom titles are so much better than premade ones. unless you meant from ones you've already created?

I love this idea! I was actually thinking of the same thing! I want to sort my scroll, but I can't bring myself to freeze a little hatchling or name a dragon something ridiculous like o0 WELCOME TO MY SCROLL 0o. This would also be helpful if you wanted to find a certain dragon, or if you have lineages/roleplay.

Extreme support.

I would much rather not use hatchlings to divvy up my scroll. But lately, now that I've been accumulating more and more dragons, I've started to heavily consider doing so just to make it easier on myself to find a certain breed rather than scrolling through pages and pages of dragons.

i would rather not have a wolfquest-esqe feature. custom titles are so much better than premade ones. unless you meant from ones you've already created?

Yes, a legend from the titles you've already created.

Perhaps there could also be a little small button at the bottom, in the whatever sort window, that said "Make new custom divider".

I have absolutely no idea what wolfquest is.

Personally I don't mind using dragons as dividers (I have no actual dividers between dragons at the moment, though, the only ones I have are at the beginning of my scroll, with some information on them instead of names). But I like this idea, would make things much easier :3

Edited by ZzelaBusya

I would love to be able to have custom pages to sort them in different ways... or dividers WOULD work. I freeze hatchies to name sections right now...

Ah, my lovely frozen whites. They must be freed from the tyranny of terrible names with lots of 'o's.

Supporting.

Yes please! I really want to sort and label my dragons, and using frozen hatchies for it just seems kind of cruel