Rarek

The Skies of Rain Handbook ~ OOC Thread

OOh that's right. Sorry i was going by the count of posts what everyone had. I forgot about thhe whole roleplay part. *herp derp*

I'll be wrighting my reply soon.

Rarek, I think the way Shyrus described it, the pack belonged to an adult on his way to see his/her child, not to the child itself.

Hmm. I suppose so. I'll leave it though since it can be open to misinterpretation. Besides, it could add to the mystery that way, of what really happened with the pack. There can be some evidence later that proves one way or another.

Mow is right but Rarek has a poitn as well. I guess we'll just go with 'there will be eveedence later'

And as always, ignore my typos and mispellings, i'm not supposed to be on and it's late. ^-^

From my post: "... showering the four survivors in dried leaves, bits of bark and a rain of small spiders."

The spiders that fall down from the branches are mostly babies, so the size of our average house spiders. A few of the larger fist-sized ones might also fall down.

Regardless of the 'spider rain', I will keep it at Karrin being bit only twice. After all, the spiders have to find purchase and prepare to bite and by that time she would have dislodged most already (with all her jumping around). The same probably goes for the other characters? I think the bigger threat would be if something heard the noise we're making (dumdumdum).

Edited by Mistress of Whispers

Darnit Whispers, you're too good at reading into things xd.png There'll be something larger on its way, but I'd be interested to hear some ideas for a large creature. Post them here, I'll try to fabricate a creature using a few of those ideas.

Actually I was thinking - we're in the middle of spider territory, so one of the huge spiders would make sense but that would be a bit quick (not enough build-up of tension). So what if we attract.... dumdumdum... nothing? No seriously, think about it. Here we are, making a huge ruckus and probably getting wounded again, yet no predators appear? That should send off alarm bells that something is claiming this territory and that it's big and scary enough to keep away big cats, anaconda's, etc. It would add to the tension and then we can run into the 'something' (aka the huge spiders) later.

PS @ Shyrus - I'm holding off on replying since my last is already the one before Rarek's, so I figured you might want to go next smile.gif.

So sorry guys! Things have been busy here! My family and I are working on getting rid of the second sickness we've caught this week, i was bombarded with school work, and a project my sister and i are working on.

Real life sucks. :/ I'll try not to do that in the future. Sorry about my disapearnance.

I'm posting now.

The first entry for the field guide on page one is up now! If further entries would like to be entered, just follow the same style smile.gif

Also, exciting news! I will be getting some artwork done for Skies of Rain's title page and the guidebook. We will officially have the coolest looking title pages on the forum happy.gif I'll keep you all updated with news on those.

*fist pump* Ahh i'm excited!

So, where can i find the feild guide?

The Field Guide is in the first page of this topic (the OOC thread) right under the link to the main topic. It's not very prominent and doesn't stand out right now, but that will change in the near future. It'll be Field Guide 1.0 tongue.gif

Ooh i see it now. Well that just goes to show how observant i am. tongue.gif

So basiclly it's a book that has small facts about things that have occured or that we've seen. A little bit like a jornal in a sence.

It's mainly a list of creatures we've discovered. I may add landmarks later.

Small Green-Eyed Spider

Discoverer: Karrin

Day of Discovery: 2

Location of Discovery: Jungle near Crash Site

Recent Description: A fist-sized, hairy spider with green luminescent eyes.

Field Notes: Aggressive and territorial, the small green-eyed spider's bite is only mildly toxic - comparable to a wasp sting. Nevertheless, their preferred method of hunting in groups and from ambush often makes that mild toxicity enough. And, of course, the full-grown specimens don't need to be toxic.

Uuuuugh... yo guys, I'm... mostly back!

I know I really left with like, no notice or warning, but... yeah, had a busy summer (going around doctors, finding a new place to rent out, buying stuff, etc.) and now I'm back. I'll have better internet soon in the other city where I study (practically, this week if I have luck, and if not I can post with my modem.)

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo... do you have any idea how I can apologize and maaaybe just join in again?

Hey Skull. Personally i wouldn't mind if you joined back. We could use another player. However it's not up to me to decide. It's nice to hear from you again though.

@MoW, concerning to Feli and the little puma, no screaming or fighting has taken place as the mother of the puma hasn't shown up yet. I don't know if i plan to or not, but i just put in the puma because if we find ourselves stuck with what to do at the roleplay we can bring that up later. Much like the tin mug, it almost became useful when the helicopter came.

again, no spell check.

Edited by Shyrus

Hey Skull!

The decision is Rarek's, since it's his RP, but I'd be fine with Derek re-joining the group smile.gif. We (ic) have been making rather slow process, what with the trailblazing, being attacked by spiders and nearly getting lost, and we've said from the start that they were following a pre-determined route that was agreed on with Derek, so he could easily catch up with us.

Hello again Skull! Good to see you've returned, we've left the door open for you to come back, so please feel free to rejoin us smile.gif I would ask though that you rejoin in a manner which makes sense to the story thus far. We had Derek stay at the camp in order to ensure the helicopter could be waved down if it returned, so the party is a fair distance away by now. Perhaps you can give a bit of Derek's trek through the forest before returning to the crowd. Shouldn't be more than a post or two.

Glad to see your return, looking forward to a returning RPer smile.gif

Well, since everyone agrees on me returning, I'll make sure to post a slightly dramatic post and then post one or two times until I catch up with you guys.

-Threshy

Since we've been walking 'only' half a day and are not making good time (caught in a snare, attacked by spiders, stopping to get our bearings) and exploding helicopters aren't exactly quiet, I've RPed that the explosion can still be heard by the group.

@ Shy, given that Karrin is probably making a lot of noise running, there's a chance that puma will take off - cats don't like unexplained ruckus.