Rarek

The Skies of Rain Handbook ~ OOC Thread

blink.gif

Uhm yeah, that is quite a bit to forget wink.gif.

But Derek's background says he did 1 year of private firearms school and then 4 years as a Commando. How did he combine that with working as a field medic, studying law enforcement, studying medicine and working at a hospital? Given his age, it must have been simultaneously and not consecutively.

Edited by Mistress of Whispers

Hmm...don't think I need to add too much about Lani...

She can basically figure out how to make/fix anything. It may take a while, and may look like a pile of wreckage, but whatever she makes works just fine. Most of the time. If not, she's pretty cranky until she fixes it.

*flails around arms endlessly*

Only way's to increase his age then - otherwise, he'd know basic medicine and what he's learnt from being a field medic.

Soo... he studied medicine, and then in the military he was the field medic of the team. So, that way, he has experience and at the same time he doesn't go full surgeon-style. I can edit my post, too.

Really should've thought him through before writing what he knows... *clutches head because of headache*

So I fixed it up a bit so that he knows a bit more than basic medicine yet he can assist in an operation with a bit of trouble. Second last post's where I edited. Think this is good enough, is it not?

Edited by SkullKrusher

Before you edit and rewrite, I think it is be a good idea to stop and review what you want from the character.

Based on your current background (firearms school, commando, on plane as a guard) I had the impression that you envisioned him as a combatant type character. If that is the case, I think you can leave the background as-is and add that because he saw a lot of wounded people during his Commando time, he knows his way around a med kit (aka advanced First Aid). You could also switch to a medical type character, but that would require a lot more rewriting or adding to Derek's background.

From a practical point of view: We might be desperately short another medical character *now* but once Wolfsong's exams are over we'll have two already (Karrin and Silas). Plus Rarek wrote in the setting that we're not the first ones here, so we might have need of a combatant in the future, more than we'd have need of a third medic.

Edit: I'm slow and you edited while I typed smile.gif.

So instead of 1 year firearms school and 4 years commando, Derek did 1 year medical school and 4 years field surgeon's assistance? That does work as a background, but are you sure you want that? Like I said: I had the impression that you were aiming for a fighter type character with Derek, and while we have a lot of medical emergencies going on *now*, I doubt it will stay that way.

Strike through because I'm SUPER slow and you responded while I edited. I'll respond to your post below with a new reply of my own smile.gif.

@MissWhispers: Yeah, the first one practically passes. Since of the fighting that he's done, along with helping the medic when he called him, he could easily learn past a basic med kit yet not know even a fourth of it. I'll fix the post once again to match what you said. Thanks for the tip, by the way smile.gif

Yes, that works I think.

Sorry for picking at it btw. I've been RP leader in a lot of tabletop and live RPs, so I tend to 'visualize' timelines and character skills, and I couldn't piece Derek's together so I thought I'd ask smile.gif.

For the record you guys have compleatly lost me on all medical talk. So my next fews post will be light-weight. So forgive me if i'm out of line. I'm working it out.

^ _ ^

For the record you guys have compleatly lost me on all medical talk. So my next fews post will be light-weight. So forgive me if i'm out of line. I'm working it out.

^ _ ^

laugh.gif Sorry about that!

In simple terms:

Karrin is done suturing Cody's leg and she gave Derek something to stop/slow his bleeding. If she's done with a bandage that will keep applying pressure to Derek's shoulder, Feli's next job is to bandage Cody while making sure his wound stays clean and sterile.

Edit: Karrin has smelling salt in her bag. I propose we use that IC on Cody once his leg is bandaged to Rarek can come back into play.

I'm gonna have to ask you to take your pick SK, a full on field medic and full on commando does seem a bit excessive. You can be really good at one or the other, or kinda good at both, but a professional in both kinda defeats the purpose of our RP. You can't be good at everything tongue.gif

If you need to rewrite anything for your sheet, you can send it to me via PMs smile.gif

Edited by Rarek

Is anyone up for a timeskip? If not, I can wait it out for a page or so.

I'd rather not.

However, I am aware that two players are currently sitting by the sideline and I am trying to get as much done in one post as I can because of that. My next post will be suturing Lani and giving her something to wake up and hopefully Shyrus can have Feli bandage and wake Cody in her next post. So that should put everyone back in the field soon.

Thank you for the explanation. It helps tons. smile.gif

Sure, i can do that. Easy. smile.gif

Uh, bump? MissWhispers?

I wanted to give Rarek a chance to get Cody back in the game. But I'll reply later today smile.gif.

What is a 'bump' anyways?

(that was probably the most stupid question. ever.)

What is a 'bump' anyways?

(that was probably the most stupid question. ever.)

It's a post that you make when you don't really have anything new to contribute, but want to push the topic back to the top of the page of attract the attention of the people following the topic. It's called 'bumping' because that's literally all it does: bump a topic back up.

thank you, MoW.

Also, please ignore the fact that my previous post is childishly stupid. However I am not doubting that i had fun wrighting it (because i most definatly did.) but it's stupid... i regret nothing.

xd.png Actually, it's a good indicator of what might happen under severely unfavorable conditions. Anything seems like a victory.

Just a small thing Whispers, I pointed out the bird in my last post, not Derek tongue.gif

Just a small thing Whispers, I pointed out the bird in my last post, not Derek tongue.gif

Thanks for pointing that out! I knew it was Cody, but mistyped smile.gif. Fixed it now.

Fun fact: the native people of The Amazon use piranha jaws to cut hair. No, this isn't totally random, I was considering adding that to Lani's wonderful string of conversation.

that's a cool fact, Shadow, But...

who's the poor fella who had to fish up those piranhas? Poor guy. ._.

Piranha actually aren't all that dangerous, usually. Most of the time, they strip things to the bone during food shortages. And the ones with red sides and a yellow belly are edible.

I wonder if they taste good...

This is an interesting knowledgefact. Thank you for it. *bows*