Rarek

The Skies of Rain Handbook ~ OOC Thread

SkullKrusher, did you have any plans for Derek's wrist injury? That shoulder will keep him out of commission long enough, so maybe only a (bad) sprain?

Rarek, Karrin was already working on Derek's wrist, so I'll retcon slightly do have her do his wrist before Cody's splint.

Sorry about that! That's fine, you worked it in well.

@ Shadow_claw, sorry for putting Lani's lighter at 'half/almost empty' like that. Rarek said somewhere that he wanted the survival to be as 'natural' as possible so I wanted to introduce something to take the lighter out of commission over time. If you disapprove, we can always say that Karrin's fatigue caused her to misjudge the weight of the lighter!

@ Rarek, could you put a link to the OOC thread in the OP of the IC thread and vice versa? That would save me a little searching when I post.

Sure. I'm not sure why I didn't in the first place to be honest :S

Oh that's right! thanks. I forgot. I'll edit my post then. smile.gif

Given that used and bloodied medical supplies are a health hazard, I figured Karrin would want to take care of those first. With that out of the way, she'll help Feli with the lean-to in her next post, assuming there's still enough light to build anything by then smile.gif.

Hey guys.

I haven't been posting because i just wanted someone elce to post one more time before i do.

I just had to clear that up because for some reason i feel like everyone's waiting on me. Blame my brain that has random feelings and crap like that.

Girl-question for Shyrus and Shadow_claw:

Since Karrin only has her medical bag with her, she'll need to borrow fresh clothes eventually. She'll probably first ask the one who matches her build best, so I was wondering if either of you have a body-type in mind for your character? I always picture Karrin as part Latina (possibly Cuban), so she'd be curvy and slightly smaller than average.

So guys don't need to change clothes... genius. But Derek and Cody are in two different categories of mass, so he won't be able to ask for clothes from him. At which point, he's practically screwed if he falls into some mud. Except if he has another pair of clothing in his bag, but that's up to Rarek to allow... well, I screwed him over.

So guys don't need to change clothes... genius. But Derek and Cody are in two different categories of mass, so he won't be able to ask for clothes from him. At which point, he's practically screwed if he falls into some mud. Except if he has another pair of clothing in his bag, but that's up to Rarek to allow... well, I screwed him over.

Derek grabbed his normal bag when he left the plane, didn't he? I'd assume that has at least one spare set of clothes in it.

Lani doesn't really have much of a shape. Not really. Most of her clothes are big on her in places, and she prefers a tank top and baggy pair of jeans. I bet they'd be able to trade clothes at some point.

I never really thought of her shape... hmm....

She's skinny and has slight curves but it's not that noticeable. Actually i pictured her wearing things like Lani just mentioned.

Sounds like the three of them could all squeeze into each other's clothes then; that makes it easier since they won't be near a laundro'mat anytime soon xd.png. Karrin only has the one set she's currently wearing and after playing ER, it's probably pretty blood-stained (though she won't even notice until she's had some sleep wink.gif).

Also: I wonder if worrying about ic clothes is a girl thing, or if men have that too laugh.gif.

Personally I don't think about it too much unless it really defines my character. In RL I usually wear baggy Camouflage pants and a black t-shirt. Or just white capris (sp? ) with a random t-shirt.

Rarek, Skull, do you ever worry about Ic clothes?

... not much, really. Except when there's something important, like a wedding or party with my buddies - then I go looking for different things to put on. Otherwise, slap some pants on there, put on a tee, add shoes and that's it.

laugh.gif

I'm not talking about looking *good* though. I mean being aware of what they are wearing and how that might affect them, regardless of how it looks. Like realizing your PC will get cold if it starts snowing and they're wearing shorts and a t-shirt, or that their clothes are caked in blood and mud and will need washing. That sort of thing.

IC posts have slowed down - are we all busy with other things, or are people waiting for 'action'? If the latter: we could do a montage scene covering a full week? I.e. everyone makes one post describing what their PC does the first week, the routine they settle into, what the campsite looks like after that time, etc.

I think 'stay put and wait for help' is the first rule of surviving a crash, but after a week they could start to realize that no help is coming. It will also will give all PCs a chance to heal their wounds. So after the montage scene, they would have some important decisions ahead of them (remain patient and stay put, or try their luck and strike out).

Opinions and thoughts?

I think we should skip the night once evryone goes to sleep. Then i think we should carry on normally. I only slowed down because of things i have to do IRL. Sorry i haven't been posting. But i just posted.

I apologize as I have been swamped in things to do for a while. >.< I'll try to get back into things soon.

My plan is for the lean-to to be finished, they all crowd under it and we time skip to the next morning, where something happens that makes them realize they need to get moving in order to be rescued.

As far as clothes are concerned, if you took your regular pack you should have a couple sets for a reasonable trip. Karrin may be SOL on that one.

My plan is for the lean-to to be finished, they all crowd under it and we time skip to the next morning, where something happens that makes them realize they need to get moving in order to be rescued.

Sounds like a plan happy.gif.

Let's try to wrap up day one. See if we can finish up our shelter so we can move on.