Acridic

What do you use the AP for?

I use the AP to find dragons I'd like more of, or dragons I'm collecting for projects, like Sunsongs and Nebulas. In that case, the lineages don't really matter at all, so I just take whatever I can get.

I look for Flamingos in the AP, as well. It's really easy to find CB Flamingos there since most people are looking for CB Pinks instead. I also pick up random commons to use as dummy eggs on reserved gift trades, or sometimes I'll look for commons and pygmies I haven't caught yet, but don't feel like looking for in the cave.

Sometimes I'll hunt for rares... but I don't really find anything. And I'm rapidly refreshing during Holidays, of course.

Depends on what I feel like searching for, really.

Right now I'm using it to collect lower time CBs for a couple of new lineage projects I'm working on.

Sometimes I'll browse AP lineages just looking for inspiration/admiring the pretties. I'm very picky about lineages so I rarely keep them. If I find one I know someone's looking for I'll gift it.

I almost always have at least one slot open for any rares I happen to find, most of which I throw back (long/messy/inbred) or gift away because again, really picky.

At the moment I grab a 4 day 22 hour egg, incubate it, sign it up to all the click sites I can find, get a hatchie, name it, go to the AP, select another egg...

and so on. This provides you with loads of hatchies (provided you have enough reds)

I've been away for a while, so I've been using it for grabbing the releases I've missed. I normally go for CBs so I can start my own breeding lines, but if it's got an interesting lineage then I'll keep it.

I look mostly for CBs, since it can shave a couple days off of the time it takes for them to hatch (most of the AP eggs are somewhere around 5 days time). However, if I find a nice lineage that I like or have a mate for already, I'll keep it.

I get most of my dragons from the AP, I love seeing what sorts of ancestors they have, and the shortened hatching time is a nice bonus. Occasionally I'll toss one back if I find it boring AND it's messy, but usually I keep even the messy ones. I rarely bother with the cave/biomes unless I specifically NEED a CB for something, since CBs are boring and take too long to hatch.

Of course, this AP habit tends to get me thoroughly scroll-locked dry.gif

Trying to find hatchlings when I'm egglocked, mainly.

Also filling my scroll up in desperate attempts to reach the next trophy.

I mostly just use the AP to swipe hatchlings after I lock myself with CBs. After stalking the forums, I've become a little obsessive about lineages, so I keep the ones that fit my standards.

A lot of the time, I'm just searching for nice lineages. It's always fun to see the sort of breeding styles different people come up with.

But I also search for CBs of whatever breed I'm looking to collect towards my goal at the time.

Or eggs that will eventually be frozen as hatchlings.

Having that lower time is really great overall as well. X'D

I look mostly for CBs, since it can shave a couple days off of the time it takes for them to hatch (most of the AP eggs are somewhere around 5 days time). However, if I find a nice lineage that I like or have a mate for already, I'll keep it.

Same here, both parts.

Every once in a while I stumble across a prize someone dropped, but I never go there expecting one.

I use it to track down nice mates for lineage projects. In theory, anyways. I haven't done much breeding just yet, though I do have plans for when I'm done collecting CB pairs of each dragon.

I like to check out the guardians. If they are CB I keep them. And I'll keep pretty lineaged guardians. I've acquired some very nice shimmer kin guardians that way. Sometimes I grab low time eggs to hatch and freeze. And if I need a specific common CB, I check it out first. Low time, FTW!

The AP is always the first place I go to collect eggs. I've picked up quite a few hatchlings there, including the first dragon I had survive (before I knew about fansites). The AP is a good place to pick up commons. I really only use the Cave to hunt for rares, as CB commons are pretty darn common in the AP. Finding pretty lineages is always a plus, too.

Lately I've been using it to try and find CB commons from the releases I missed while on hiatus this year. But as an impulse clicker, I often find myself with loads of hatchies from the AP as well, and sometimes a shiny or two. xd.png

I used to be similarly general to many of the posters - I just went to the AP to scrounge for low-time CBs or neat lineages. Now, however, I have so many lineage projects that I go to the AP with very specific goals in mind, although I'm still tempted into keeping stunning lineages sometimes. (Lately, my AP goals have generally been '2nd gen seasonal or seasonal-fail,' to help me with my summer checkers this season and start stocking up mates for other season checkers.)

I look for caveborns, purebred 2nd gen black/vine eggs hoping they go ALT, 2nd gen hybrids, 2nd gen Avatars, and any tinsels or shimmers I luck into. I collect prizes of any type; messy, inbred, anything.. I just love the sprites.

I don't collect codes or lineages I don't breed myself. I don't keep anything 3rd gen or higher unless it's a prize.

Basically the same as Cinnamin Draconna, except I'm a little pickier with Tinsels/Shimmers.

I mostly just check the AP if I'm tired of stalking the biomes... or if I know I can get a lower-time common without a lineage.

Mostly I use it for any non messy hybrids and tinsel/shimmers. I always keep an eye out for cool sunsong lineages though.

When the time is lower than 5 days, I look for CBs and keep anything else I pick up that has a pretty lineage.

I mainly look for CBs and pretty lineages.

And messy eggs with a timer below 4 days to freeze.