Acridic

What do you use the AP for?

When you go to the AP what do you use it for? Some times I use it to find Hatchlings or CB's exlusively, other times I use it to find tinslefails or second gens.

But what do you use it for? Do you use it to find great lineages or fancy funny codes?

I have often wondered how many others out there use the AP just for helping clear it out from inbred and unwanted dragons, to how many are like myself and extremely picky in what they want to use it for.

I guess over all I use the AP 90% of the time to find second gens to fuel my lineages.

I'm almost always looking for Tinselkins. I pick up other stuff - way too much stuff. laugh.gif And I love interesting 2nd gen metal fails (sometimes 3rd even gen fails).

Frankly it's why all of the CB in there drives me nuts. Especially because people are always saying that breeders clog the AP, but over half of the eggs I pick up (and then have to put back) are CBs.

But it's definitely a wonderful place to be pleasantly surprised by a great TK line.

I find catching something and looking at its lineage to be far more interesting than knowing I'm going to get a caveborn, plus refreshing a page is more interesting to me visually when it has colored eggs on it.

Practically everything except codes. I'm trying to collect one blue moonstone per week for my Pendragon Lineage and it's much easier getting it from the AP than trying my luck in the cave.

If I drop on a lovely lineage, then that's brilliant, it gets a good home on my scroll.

If I see an extremely low-time egg, I'll grab that and save it too.

I don't go looking for good codes, so it's a nice surprise when I occasionally drop on one.

I often have a look through the codes, but the cave's usually better for that. Recently I've just been grabbing incuhatchable eggs to stock up on CB commons and hatchies to freeze.

I look for nice lineages (latest obsession are 2nd gen metal fails), ER eggs, and sometimes for commons that are easier to find there then in the cave.

I look for CB eggs, nicely lineaged dragons, hatchlings, and lower-time eggs. I don't usually care about codes, but if I find a dragon with a nice code I keep it.

I usually go looking for particular things. like CBs that people have dropped or BSA dragons. I always look for hatchlings, even though I rarely find them.

But, I do enjoy clicking interesting eggs and seeing their lineage. I keep quite a few that I like, and eventually try to build a mate for them. wink.gif

Right now, I use the AP to catch CB commons that will hatch quickly (very helpful for trades & breeding projects), and often to find pretty lineages (I'm a major sucker for tinselkin and even-gen whites). It's also helpful for collecting BSAs on occasion. But I, too, am super picky about the lineages I'll take.

Edited by LibbyLishly

I mainly use it to find inbreds that I can freeze. If I find really nice lineages I keep them, though. I don't usually code-hunt, but if I find an egg whose parents have awesome names I usually keep it (like this daydream or this pygmy, for instance). Lately the AP has also been the best place to catch rares--I've gotten several tinsels and metals there in the last week or two. If I find nice or low-gen tinfails I also keep them, but only so I can give them away to people who collect them.

I use the AP for collecting BSA eggs, although breeding and looking for them in the cave are better. I also look for lower-time eggs, especially with the new format.

Hunting Metals or hatchies

I did catch 3 Silvers in around 10 mins....

I usually use it to look for incu-hatchable eggs. That a bunch of the eggs are CB and I have a better chance at rares is just a bonus to me.

CBs, rares that were gifted to the AP or autoed, hatchies or lowtime eggs to incuhatch and freeze. I also look for eggs with nice lineages.

Good codes. The AP lately has rarely been disappointing me in this regard. ER eggs are nice too.

My scroll goals are to have a male/female/frozen hatchie of each type of dragon and I generally don't care about lineages so I go to the AP to try and clear some blockage out. Low time eggs and hatchies are always a bonus and it's always fun to find a pretty lineage.

I get most of my eggs from the AP. I like giving homes to other people's offspring, I also like finding ER eggs, hatchlings, and Tinsels there, and the only time I hunt for CB eggs in there is when I have Vampires off cooldown. I won't bite bred eggs, regardless of how messy, because I don't like the idea of killing someone else's offspring. However, I like to find a CB "caveblocker", bite it, and if it turns I toss it back into the AP for someone else to find. c:

I get ALL my eggs from the AP (or gifts) because I'm horrible at memorizing things, and it's easier to just look at the eggs themselves than going to a biome and trying to figure out which is which from the descriptions. tongue.gif

The great thing about the AP (especially as it currently is, and as I devoutly hope it stays) is that it's possible to see (not necessarily catch, lol) just about anything in there, so that one may look for particular things, but one can't even begin to guess at what one may find.

You plunge into The Whole Sort of General Mish Mash and you never know what you may come out with...

But personally, I'm often hoping to find any of several different things, depending on current priorities, which alter with circumstance.

Low-time CB common eggs.

2 days less wait in getting a CB common hatchie tongue.gif

Also: nicely lineaged eggs (I like collecting even gen eggs, even if it's only an even 4gen mint)

CB uncommons (black, stripe, etc)

Messy/inbred commons for freezing.

I impulse-click all Whites, Embers and other uncommon dragons to see if they have pretty lineages - if they do I always keep them, which explains my enormous horde of Whites with all kinds of nice lineages from Tinselkin stairsteps to silver/white checkers and even a Dorkface tongue.gif Why is it that almost all White dragons have nice lineages? I also nab anything rare and keep it even if it's inbred - my poor Silver Tinsel being a prime example... However I rarely use the AP for breeding projects now the cave's never locked.