tridymite

ANSWERED:Please bring back 3 day drops for new releases

For how long do you want new releases to drop in one biome before they mix with other breeds?  

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

SUPPPORT!

If not 3 days, then make it at least 2 (48 hours), Especially for a single biome release like this one. No other cave was blocked, so if anyone wants to hunt for different breeds, they have 5 other caves to choose from.

I didn't even realize there was a drop when the topic came up. I'm used to having a theme post name, "Mod Madness", "Beat The Heat", ect. but seeing a breed name pop up just made my eye slide over it, thinking it was just the top post in Suggestions or something. Anyways, it was two hours into the release before I realized anything was up. I got lucky and landed on the third hourly drop and was able to grab two. But by the fourth hour drop I nearly reflex clicked on a nocturne.

Commons were being mixed in by the 4th hour?! Even the GWs and moonlights dropped almost exclusively for about 8 hours with minimal mixing.

I also think releasing more than one breed at a time would also be a way to help this. The whole player-base was basically camped in Alpine, even if you could get there in time. You're trying to hit three targets against 200+ other people, everyone's refreshing like mad, and your particular refresh is lagging because of the server strain. Not good odds (I'm pretty sure between my frantic refreshing and clicking on the leftmost egg. I must've been clicking the same egg, even after it had been grabbed by someone else.)

And again I'll point out since it's a permanent release, I don't think it's necessary to try to make it 'fair'. Some eggs are rarer than others - that's just how the game is played. If you can't be on at the right time or can't allocate as much time to the game as someone else, that's your 'fault', it's no fault of the game. The game should not bend over backward to accommodate you.

Again, this is the argument that is always touted by people who have actually caught all they wanted. For some of us the releases are our only chance at CBs, as I have explained before. Yes these eggs may be rare, but that doesn't mean the release should be so hard that many of us get none or only one. It's great that you're satisfied, but there are other people out there who live in timezones which make it very difficult to be on when the release starts. And no, that is not somehow our "fault".

The game should be enjoyable, because otherwise what is the point ? The problem we are pointing out here, is that this type of release is not in the least enjoyable for many of us. This has nothing to do with bending over backwards, just adjusting so that a maximum of people get to play in a fulfilling manner, not scratting around madly only getting misclicks if any at all, for hours on end.

Good for you if the system satisfies you, but it doesn't work for many people. We are searching for a solution which would help people that have difficulty, but it would in no way impact you, since you are already satisfied. So why try to deny this to other players who are not quite so lucky ?

But why should there be an optimal timezone ? That in and of itself is blatantly unfair. And it's not something we can help either.

Yes, I think we all have a right to a fair shot at getting these eggs smile.gif You can't guilt me for that. What is the point in playing a game if the stakes are piled so high against you ? This has to stay enjoyable. From the outpouring of disappointment I am seeing here, this release is not enjoyable.

I'm not trying to guilt anyone--I'm simply expressing a different opinion.

I agree that we all have a right to a fair shot at getting these eggs; I don't agree that a set drop period gives that fair shot. I think mixed drops from the start do that, since they eliminate there even being an optimal time zone.

The current argument is that the 1-hour drop was unfair, so it should be lengthened to 12-24 hours, but you'll still have folks who argue 12-24 hours is unfair because they weren't online that day at all and now with the mixing they have no chance, etc. We had that same argument given around Halloween, with the changed drop date.

Right now, I have flumptymillion things to do apart from hunting eggs. The odds are not in my favor, and I know I'll be hunting these babies for a while now. But I (me, personal opinion, which can be different from yours) prefer a longer time spent hunting to tweaking the odds so that everyone online during a set period is guaranteed an egg.

Well, I'm sure the eggs will be easier to get for those who landed on site on the second day after the release, because all the others will be locked with the new eggs. And since these are permanent, it won't be much of a problem.

I'm just hoping that these will end up being commons.

I also remember not having any issues hunting when Trios were released. I know I caught at least 1 of each in release day and my internet connection at the UNI was worse than this one.

IIRC, I've seen more Trios back then than I've seen these eggs now.

Trios dropped for at least 3 days solid (and we had just 1 biome at that time)

As for me, i didnt even caught a CB blusang since the first day. Since then i am hunting still behind them. Same for the tsunamis. Man i even cant get a black on a regular basis or GWs or nebs.

Most favour the 24h in here. Will wait 1-2h and edit that into the first post.

PS:

How do i add a poll - ask a mod?

You should be able to add it by editing the first post?

I think? Never done it before.

Cheers!

C4.

And again I'll point out since it's a permanent release, I don't think it's necessary to try to make it 'fair'. Some eggs are rarer than others - that's just how the game is played. If you can't be on at the right time or can't allocate as much time to the game as someone else, that's your 'fault', it's no fault of the game. The game should not bend over backward to accommodate you.

I don't agree. It can be your "fault" if you don't spend as much time to dragoncave as somebody else. It can be your "fault" if you have bad reflexes.

But it can't be your fault if you live in the "wrong" part of the world and it was the middle of the night when new eggs were dropping alone, before mixing with other eggs.

If the game should not bend over to accomodate someone, then it should accommodate no one. Let's make new release be mixed from the start. It will be more difficult to get the new eggs, but at least it would be more difficult to everyone at the same way.

I don't agree. It can be your "fault" if you don't spend as much time to dragoncave as somebody else. It can be your "fault" if you have bad reflexes.

But it can't be your fault if you live in the "wrong" part of the world and it was the middle of the night when new eggs were dropping alone, before mixing with other eggs.

If the game should not bend over to accomodate someone, then it should accommodate no one. Let's make new release be mixed from the start. It will be more difficult to get the new eggs, but at least it would be more difficult to everyone at the same way.

Absolutely. There is no BLAME attached to where someone lives, and if TJ wants to make a living from this game, he needs as many players as he can get. biggrin.gif Mixed from the start would at least be fair.

But why should there be an optimal timezone ? That in and of itself is blatantly unfair. And it's not something we can help either.

Yes, I think we all have a right to a fair shot at getting these eggs smile.gif You can't guilt me for that. What is the point in playing a game if the stakes are piled so high against you ? This has to stay enjoyable. From the outpouring of disappointment I am seeing here, this release is not enjoyable.

Exactly. We should all be able to play on an equal field.

Or the other extrem:

No mixing for a day, and mixing from then on. But all should be treated the same way. A few hours easier catching for some, not as fair as

1) difficult for all from the start

2) easy for one day

It is your 'fault' not to check in a complete day, but no one is at 'fault' for getting enough sleep, working or going to school.

GWs and Royal blues dropped for three days straight, and the alpine was full of them for a week before their ratios evened out.

Support longer times for new release drops. I do seemed to remember it wasn't this short before. What with the growing community and all, it should be longer so that everyone at least have a chance to grab an egg. I'll also like to point out that new release is not an event and as such no one will be prepared for it. I'm sure people will have eggs on their scroll that they'll rather not drop into the AP. So a longer time would be nice. cool.gif

I'm really not comfortable with the idea of blame or fault being placed here. It is not my fault that I had to travel across the country for my grandmother's funeral. It is not my fault that after attending two memorial services for her, several family events, and nine hours of driving home I needed to sleep rather than check in on DragCave.

I agree that the game shouldn't have to "bend over backwards" or "cater" to my life. I don't agree with this idea that asking it to not favor the players who can be on every night at midnight is bending over backwards. If the game isn't going to give an advantage to me then it shouldn't give an advantage to anyone, imo. And a short drop at midnight is favoring certain players if the current trade offers are any indication.

I support an extended 24 hour drop. I wouldn't mind seeing the drops mixed from the beginning. I wouldn't like to see that change made, but at least no one would be favored.

I feel either a 24 hour drop or mixed from the beginning is fair. I would prefer a 24 hour drop as it gives everyone an equal chance to get on for the drop.

This thread exists under the false assumption that I manually "set" the cave to drop new eggs for a given amount of time.

Given that this base premise is not true, I am going to close the thread.