tridymite

ANSWERED:Please bring back 3 day drops for new releases

For how long do you want new releases to drop in one biome before they mix with other breeds?  

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Perhaps they only dropped for a little while because they are more rare?

If this is the reason, then this is quite a really unfair release, with people from certain part of the world (those who were online when it started) able to lock their scrolls with the new eggs and everyone else with really less chances to get them, both now during the release and next days/weeks if they are so rare.

If this is the reason, then this is quite a really unfair release, with people from certain part of the world (those who were online when it started) able to lock their scrolls with the new eggs and everyone else with really less chances to get them, both now during the release and next days/weeks if they are so rare.

THIS. THIS THIS THIS mad.gif

Here is my concern with this every time the topic is brought up.

Under the current ratio system, I believe (although I am not sure of this) that having a forced long timered drop of a non-event dragon would kill the ratios for it.

This would have the side effect of making them an instant rare, and anyone who missed the initial drop would be even more out of luck than they are under the current system.

Hence I propose this.

On the first day of a release, perhaps have a cap of how many of each new species you can get (3, maybe? This leaves room for gifting.) This would give people more time to get them before they start heavily mixing in with regular releases, and hopefully without harming the ratios. Once that first day is over, all bets are off.

Someone should make a badge : I support 24 hour releases ! or something. That way we could show our support.

I really support a 24 hours release, this way people from all timezones would have a chance to get their eggs.

YES!! To make it fair worldwide - as it should be! ANd don't give me that crap about 'It's no big deal that you missed the initial release - they'll be around.' What's fair for one part of the world should be fair for ALL parts of the world, and please spare me the rare should be rare argument too. With hourlies lasting less than 60 seconds and being mixed drops instead of all new eggs - just smacks of I'll cater to those chosen few and the rest of you can just go play with yourself.

I'm on cave time and miss the start of every new release because of it. I am in bed when the drop starts at midnight. I normally get up around six am, and by that time the drop is already mixed. I was lucky to get one egg this time, and a bunch of misclicks, so now I have to wait five more hours and try to catch the new release, and by that time there will be more commons mixed in. It seems that the new releases have been getting harder and harder to catch. I wish something would be done to make it a bit more fair all around. As it is now people in other timezones where it is daytime hours have the advantage over everyone else.

Just wanted to add that most people on cave time are at a disadvantage, as most people here are asleep at midnight, especially during the week when many have school or work the next day.

Edited by annageckos

On the first day of a release, perhaps have a cap of how many of each new species you can get (3, maybe? This leaves room for gifting.) This would give people more time to get them before they start heavily mixing in with regular releases, and hopefully without harming the ratios. Once that first day is over, all bets are off.

If there is ever a cap implemented, please let it have an even number, so we can have CB pairs, plus odd numbers in this context make me twitchy. smile.gif

I stated my support for a solid 24 drop, and I am one of the ones where the current system is very favorable, as midnight cave time is 9 pm my time plus I'm a night owl.

Under the current ratio system, I believe (although I am not sure of this) that having a forced long timered drop of a non-event dragon would kill the ratios for it.

Assume that these are indeed supposed to be super rare. You'd be right that a 24hr continues drop would kill the ratios, but here's the problem: if they are super rare, then the first people in line being able to grab 5-7 while the rest of the people get nothing, is even MORE unfair than if they were more common. So for super rares especially, we need a better system than 'first come get all they want and everyone else gets censorkip.gif."

How about this:

Option 1)

Mix them in with regulars right from the start. That way everyone will be faced with the same drop, no matter if you're online immediately after release, or hours later.

Option 2)

Limit of 2 for the first 1-2 days. We'd still have to contend with the super-grabbers trading theirs and getting back into the cave every 5 hours, but it'll be better than what we have now.

Edited by Mistress of Whispers

I'm really liking option #2 there Miss Mistress! Let's opt for fairness for all!!

*WAVES banner and lights torches and grabs pitchfork*

I don't think 2 is enough because those 2 may very well be the only 2 CBs I get (this has happened to me several times).

Maybe 4 ? That means two pairs. I can deal with that. I don't think anyone could complain about 4.

Edit : I still don't see how 24 hours of drops would skew everything. It used to happen before (even sometimes longer !) and nobody died. We're not talking about 3 days here, just 24 hours. It remains the fairest alternative in my opinion.

Edit 2 : Looking around it seems that 4 is a goal for many other people, not just me. It seems like the most reasonable limit, if there has to be one, which I am still not convinced of.

Edited by Anna Selka

YES!! To make it fair worldwide - as it should be! ANd don't give me that crap about 'It's no big deal that you missed the initial release - they'll be around.' What's fair for one part of the world should be fair for ALL parts of the world, and please spare me the rare should be rare argument too. With hourlies lasting less than 60 seconds and being mixed drops instead of all new eggs - just smacks of I'll cater to those chosen few and the rest of you can just go play with yourself.

I agree with this completely. Well said.

When I got out of bed this morning, and started trying to catch these, the drops were already mixed. Now I have managed to snag two eggs, but I've been at it for hours, and I've had some major frustration. The frustration isn't even over, as I am hoping to get more than two for my collection. A longer drop would be fantastic. 24 hours sounds great to me, if that can be done without killing the ratios. A 24 hour exclusive drop would give people in all timezones and with different schedules more of a chance at getting them.

If a 24 hour long exclusive drop is impossible, then my wish is at least to somehow make it fair for everyone. I don't know how many people got the benefit of the initial drop, but in any case it hardly seems right to me that only some should get that benefit.

Edited by Nimrodel

The only good reason for limited releases like this one are the ratios. And no, you can't say to me that it becomes boring if the release is too long - you have five other biomes, AP and breeding. I think that's quite enough options. Not to mention, the unblocked AP gives more time to the cave hunters. For example, I've just caught a CB Bluesang. My second self caught Bluesang, and that was just because the cave was unblocked.

I just don't want the cave itself to give advantage to different users.

Supporting the 24 hour release.

At the rate things are going, I'm one of the lucky ones with just two eggs. (Caught at 5am my time, midnight cave, before work)

How can we look forward to new releases if they're only ever going to be for the chosen few who are in the right country and can be here for the first few hours? Yes, I'm angry.

Totally support a 24 hour release - I'm already annoyed that ANOTHER species is released in the Alpine, not to mention I was ready for the hourly drop and in 2 minutes, all of the eggs were gone. I didn't get a single thing and I'm a decent clicker. It was insane how fast the eggs were rotating through and yet I turned up empty-handed even with mixed-drops.

I got an egg--a misclick which is so easy to do now that I'm not very happy mad.gif. Like I've posted before I'm all for this, and if TJ09 Doesn't want to do it then I have a couple other suggestions he might take into consideration.

1. Have a special biome for the release that only allows you to grab 1 cb open for three days. If you want more than that you have to brave the biome, but for those of us who are having trouble we can at least grab our first one before going to the biome

2. Have the cb's of the first day release immune to rations and then allow then to drop normally after 24 hours at the rate they would need to drop to even out their ratio in a year.

3. Have no interupted drop for 24-72 hours.

4.Come up with a task to get the egg (each egg thats released) and after adults grow up have them in the biomes. Until TJ09's grow up anyone can start the even, if you finish it before a week after TJ09's dragons have grown up you get a cb that is immune to the ratios.

Honestly I like 1-3 better.

I support this even though I was online for today's release and caught 4 eggs, because if I hadn't noticed before I went to bed, I probably wouldn't even have seen a single new egg.

If we want to be able to have longer releases without screwing over the ratios, maybe make old dragons count towards the ratios for a bit longer so that there's more room for the new breed?

Could we have a poll please? say, "stays the same" or "full 24 hours in biom new egg is dropping in"?

I support a day or three long new releases.

I do NOT support a cap of any sort, shape or fashion, for any time period. If the eggs drop for a full 24 hours of just them, then the people with fast connections will lock very quickly and then those with slower can get it.

I personally prefer a release of 3 days of just the new egg in their specific biomes. But 2 days, or 1 day, or hell, 12 hours! Would be a ton better than what we have now. This is ridiculous. I was on at midnight, but didn't happen to check the cave. As such, the first I heard of it was when I checked at 8 am, Cave time. I've a fast connection and good reflexes (was able to get plenty of all the other recent releases), and I've caught one of the new ones already, but.... I think it would be much fairer if the drops lasted longer.

Cheers!

C4.

Edited by cyradis4

Option 1)

Mix them in with regulars right from the start. That way everyone will be faced with the same drop, no matter if you're online immediately after release, or hours later.

I think I may be only the second person in this thread to be OK with the mixed drop. It's in the spirit of the game: everyone in the pit flinging elbows and snatching eggs is very fair. I support mixed drops from the very start.

Solid X-hour drops of a new breed and caps on catching don't sound (to me) like a fairness issue but an assumption of rights--that I have a right to those new eggs too, even if I'm not in the optimal time zone, and therefore the drop should be adjusted to ensure I grab at least one. But I don't have rights to those eggs--I have a right to get in the pit with everyone else and lunge for them as I spot them. It's the nature of the game.

And no, I've not caught any yet. I hoped my misclicks would at least pay off when a gold and silver flew by, but no such luck. smile.gif

Solid X-hour drops of a new breed and caps on catching don't sound (to me) like a fairness issue but an assumption of rights--that I have a right to those new eggs too, even if I'm not in the optimal time zone, and therefore the drop should be adjusted to ensure I grab at least one. But I don't have rights to those eggs--I have a right to get in the pit with everyone else and lunge for them as I spot them. It's the nature of the game.

But why should there be an optimal timezone ? That in and of itself is blatantly unfair. And it's not something we can help either.

Yes, I think we all have a right to a fair shot at getting these eggs smile.gif You can't guilt me for that. What is the point in playing a game if the stakes are piled so high against you ? This has to stay enjoyable. From the outpouring of disappointment I am seeing here, this release is not enjoyable.

I approve of the 24 hrs or longer drops, that way everyone can get their chance to catch new dragons and there'd be a lot less frustrated, unhappy players out there and there's actually be fun and excitement during every release instead of what we're facing with every new drop. smile.gif

It would be better to have 24h releases, so that everyone in every country can catch an egg without having the released already mixed with other breeds. At the moment only the people with cave time can catch those new eggs without any problems.

I'd like to see new releases drop heavily for at least the first 24 hours. That way it wouldn't matter what time zone people are in. New releases generally happen in the middle of the afternoon for me and it's still hard enough to get them then. I pity the people who are asleep when they happen!

perhaps have a cap of how many of each new species you can get (3, maybe? This leaves room for gifting.) This would give people more time to get them before they start heavily mixing in with regular releases, and hopefully without harming the ratios. Once that first day is over, all bets are off.

Have to open my mouth again and say NO to the cap. A central theme of this game is that you are free to take as many eggs as you want. There is no such thing as 'hoarding' or being 'greedy'.

Even capping it for one day goes against that philosophy. :S

And again I'll point out since it's a permanent release, I don't think it's necessary to try to make it 'fair'. Some eggs are rarer than others - that's just how the game is played. If you can't be on at the right time or can't allocate as much time to the game as someone else, that's your 'fault', it's no fault of the game. The game should not bend over backward to accommodate you.