tridymite

ANSWERED:Please bring back 3 day drops for new releases

For how long do you want new releases to drop in one biome before they mix with other breeds?  

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

24 hours, 12 hours - please! The only tri-horns I were able to get, after missing the initial first hours, were gifted to me by a wonderful user and one I won in lotto. I don't believe I've caught any in the AP, either. I bred and did lineage swaps for the rest I have. I was lucky enough to take a break from midterm writing to check the cave and catch myself two of the speckleds.

Depending on how often they drop and how wanted they are, eggs can be hard to catch in the cave or the AP (if you even see them in either). I know people complain when drops are too long, but I would like a tiny bit longer drops to help with where everyone is located. Perhaps after a few hours biomes without a new release can start dropping eggs again, but only new release eggs will drop in their biome (if that's possible)?

I don't believe it's necessary to have new releases drop everywhere (I think it will only be confusing in the long run), but I do think a nice compromise would be to allow normal things to drop in other biomes after a while so people can hunt and catch new releases.

Only a few years older then me Fuzz smile.gif

Got a misclick as well - at least I now my clicking works. blink.gif

By the way - this is my 5th hour with nothing

Edited by Troya-Shel

I support this. There are waay more users right now in DC. 2 or 3 days of solid drops would be a great thing, since we wouldn't have to worry about being locked on release day and we can nab the new ones 2 days later when we're not locked anymore and still be able to do it and enjoy the new pretties.

Yeah, I just got up as well and waited for the hourly drop, just to get something else, that's not the new egg.

*huggles her CB black anyways*

I got a couple new eggs right away, and I personally don't have much trouble with new eggs get mixed in with older ones.... but I do support new eggs dropping for 1 to 2 days. Three days is a bit much, in my opinion. One day of them dropping by themselves, the second day they're mixed, and the third day it's back to normal.

This has certainly been the most frustrating drop I've ever encountered, even, in my point of view, the Blusang release was easier. Feels less fun than usual for some reason sad.gif But that's just me and I know some people would say 'the game is meant to be challenging so stop whining'. I also do feel that other time zones are being discriminated against in these situations so I'm in total favour for a full 24hr drop. 3 days would certainly be too much, 48hrs also would be pushing it a little, but after noticing someone mention about how there are a lot more DC players nowadays then maybe 48hrs would be more acceptable actually.

I would say it would be better for times of a single release egg then 24hrs/48hrs would be better, for releases where it's more than one egg at a time then 3 days would be more suitable.

I am against a drop in all biome - new releases arent events wink.gif

Think i caught 2 tsunamis and blusangs on their first day release. And the others i needed to trade for sad.gif

Edited by tridymite

One HUGE support from me!

Back in the old days when the new release drops lasted for a longer time, I was actually able to snag at least something. And now it is pretty much "No egg for you, other than later on in distant future, if even then."

So YES PLEASE!

Edited by Moonlightelf

Can't remember now. I am very old....

The speed they are going I think people are using snaplinks... AND I MISCLICKED sad.gif

snaplinks don´t work for quick catching.

The time you need to mark the eggs, they are long gone.

AND, yes. Longer releases! Not only the first hour!

I have SEEN so many people complain about it, it´s getting tedious. I am a quick catcher, and pride myself on my catching skills, but if NEW releases do NOT DROP, how to catch them!

I definitely support increasing the duration of new releases. Heck, I'd be happy for 24 hours. I mean, I've already pretty much given up the hope of scoring a spot on the Thuwed list (farewell, beautiful GW x RB pairing ;n;) since I'm rarely online when they're bred, but I do wish the regular drops weren't so exclusive too. x_X

Timezones is one thing, a constantly growing community is another. Please let the drops be more accommodating? :)

Timezones is one thing, a constantly growing community is another. Please let the drops be more accommodating? smile.gif

Yes - growing community - now you fight with around 400 people for one egg.

100 was challenging - this is now impossible.

Only a few years older then me Fuzz  smile.gif

Got a misclick as well - at least I now my clicking works. blink.gif

By the way - this is my 5th hour with nothing

FOURTEEN YEARS, sweety !

I am not in favour of all-biome drops - but longer, PLEASE longer.

I can't see why snaplinks wouldn't work; when I think of the time I accidentally snaplinked my scroll.... It was very fast and very annoying !

Edited to remove snark !

Edited by fuzzbucket

I do not want new eggs being released for three day straights. In my opinion after two days, All timezones have been given two attempts at catch the new eggs and so would be really fair for everybody.

In fact I would prefer just 24 straight hours of it dropping in its respective biome and then the 24 hours after that being a gradual decline in the new breed until it reaches how common it is suposed to be.

Other then that, I greatly support this :3 I think it could help out with how a decent amount of people end up having trouble catching the new eggs.

I usually don't lure out trading, but I think that I have to give my two cents here.

I also agree with the idea of 24 hours of new release only in its own biome. I am spanish and here, when releases pop-up we are sleeping or waking up to go to work (it's 6 a.m. here when DC time is 0:00). And well... we are not Billy the kid everyone. Fast clickers can made it to grab up to 7 CB in seconds and lots of us even don't see the description. I have logged in 30 minutes ago and I was only able to see one of the new descriptions. And not only that, I even misclicked and got an electric which will be stuck at my scroll during five hours...

Tri-Horns release was different. Even when they were released on the desert biome, they were only Tri-Horn eggs and normal eggs started popping 24 hours after. Now, the speckled throat ones are disappearing at such a fast rate that we, slowhanded people, can only see them go away with a WTF? face...

So, 24 hours of new release only on its biome would be fantastic. Maybe that would make this more fair. But I think that maybe limiting the new breed to two per user during a couple of days would also work. I mean, when the new breed is released, they would behave just like Valentine's or Christmas dragons. And then, when two days (or even 24 hours) have passed, the limit must disappear and then the faster players got more eggs.

This is just an idea, I do support what it has been proposed by Immaling at 100%.

One complete day would be wonderfull. And would give all timezones a go at the dragons. At the moment some are at a great disadvantage!

I'd like to emphasize this. At the moment, anyone out of the US is fairly disadvantaged. I live in the Netherlands at the moment, and I aways miss the start of the drop - so when I join in, it's near impossible to get anything.

Furthermore, the current system doesn't take into account the number of players competing to get eggs from the release.

New releases used to be fun and exciting back in the day, but now they're just stressful, frustrating and irritating. Is that really what they're supposed to be like?

I fully support a 24 to 48 hour long drop of new release eggs, in their designated biomes. That would give all DC players a chance, for a change. This problem simply can't be ignored anymore. mad.gif

Huh. A little off-topic, I s'pose, but I didn't realize some people have had trouble catching Trihorns. I would've been catching and gifting if I'd known - they often sit in Alpine for as long as winters currently do.

To address the real topic at hand, longer release drops sound like a decent idea, or possibly a flood of the new releases every couple hours for non-US time zones. That might help strike a balance between those who think release drops are too brief now, and those who think they're too long.

I don't think it's fair to say these suggestions won't be implemented. The site is coded and updated and debugged by one dude who does all of this for free, and literally just implemented longer hourly drops after they were suggested. Changes don't occur immediately due to logistics issues and probably the fact that there's rarely any solid consensus on cave alterations.

I'd also be very happy about 24 h releases. The only reason I am online atm is that I'm ill. If I weren't I wouldn't stand a chance catching those things. And even now I don't think I'll be able to get one.

Lots of support for the 24 hour release from me as well. People in different time zones, after all, and everything else everyone else has said. It just seems waaay too short.

Support for a solid 24 hour release. I live in the UK, woke up not long ago and just tried for the hourly drop, opened a ton of tabs trying to dodge regular eggs and got nothing. It's unfair to rule out different timezones.

And miss all the fun of the few people that come on here gloating about how they caught 10, 6 for themselves and 4 for others and how they will be pleased to be a catcher for 20 more lucky people because their computer is so much better?

dry.gif

I would definitely support a longer, more solid release. Even if we eventually get a "new rare" it wouldn't hurt anything to give them a big push.

Also, longer releases would slow down some of the trade craziness that goes on. I'm not against trading, and I understand asking super high prices if that's what the trade market will support. But if more people had a realistic shot at these, then there wouldn't be as much panic and trading wouldn't be so fierce. Again, nothing against trading, but if so many people aren't trading away eggs every 5 hours, then they won't be back in the cave grabbing 7 more 5 hours later (also why I don't think we should remove the 5 hour wait limit to teleport eggs).

On a side note, the release timing actually isn't something that's geared toward giving preference to those in the cave's time zone. While there are players who are up at midnight, that's really not the optimal time for egg grabbing, given people's work and/or school schedules. Even 9 pm on the West coast is past the time that a lot of players have logged off their scrolls for the evening.

Which in no way means that I don't think that everyone in every time zone should have an even shot here - I do think they should, so I support this idea. It's just that I don't think that people who live in the cave's time zone are all that enriched by eggs that drop at 12 am for them.

I can't see why snaplinks wouldn't work; when I think of the time I accidentally snaplinked my scroll.... It was very fast and very annoying !

Snap links are horribly inaccurate, and once the other eggs started back in (which was super quick this time) SLs are actually a detriment as they stick the user with mostly eggs they have to hold for 5 hours. Also, drawing the box around the eggs is more difficult than simply blindly clicking on every new egg that pops up regardless of the description.

Edited for conciseness and clarity.

Edited by skauble

I really support a 24 hours release without mixing!

This way people from all timezones would have a chance to get their eggs and people outside America wouldn't be that more advantaged.

The disappointment of being locked by misclicking really spoils the fun of the new release sad.gif

I'm constantly seeing that people outside the US are always at a disadvantage. So is anyone within the US who have a schedule that can't permit them to be online at the time of the drops. It's not so much were you live, but can you log in at that time. I haven't been able to be around a midnight drop for a long time. I have to share a computer and I can't stay up until midnight because I have class in the morning and I wake up at 4 AM cave time just so I have a chance to check on things and get any homework done.

So it's not just people who live outside the US, it's everyone who can't be logged in at the time. I very much support a continuous 2 or 3 day drop.

I also feel that 24 hours would be better. At the moment, it's only those with great internet/computers that stand a chance, and as I live in Africa, I do not have either. I have not even caught a blusang and they've been around for a long time, so what are the chances of me getting a speckle-throat.

I also feel that 24 hours would be better. At the moment, it's only those with great internet/computers that stand a chance, and as I live in Africa, I do not have either. I have not even caught a blusang and they've been around for a long time, so what are the chances of me getting a speckle-throat.

I have a very fast internet connection and it is now my 7th hour without being able to catch one.