tridymite

ANSWERED:Please bring back 3 day drops for new releases

For how long do you want new releases to drop in one biome before they mix with other breeds?  

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Fully support a 24 solid drop. These short starts for new releases is just pitiful and makes people crazy. Kinda takes the fun out of it since most end up incredibly frustrated.

I got 2 on my first attempt at the 7:00 AM EST hourly, and I just woke up and am half asleep O.O I would be in favor of a 24-hour drop if it didn't affect ratios, but I fear it would.

Edited by PieMaster

I got 2 on my first attempt at the 7:00 AM EST hourly, and I just woke up and am half asleep O.O I would be in favor of a 24-hour drop if it didn't affect ratios, but I fear it would.

Well, I think the nice thing on new releases is that everyone should have their chance of getting ar least a couple of eggs, even if the dragon then results to be a rare and almost impossible to get.

But at the beginning everyone should be able to get it. Otherwise simply don't "release" it but just make the eggs drop like everything else.

I'm for a 24hr drop, and make the newly released dragons immune to the ratio so people would have enough time to collect them.

Really I'm in cave time but I can't stay up 'til all hours of the night. I got lucky on the tri-horn release but my one cb blusang was gifted to me, my second gens I have traded for and been gifted.

Unless this dragon has the same rairty as gold and silvers we really should have a longer time to catch them exclusvly

Aaand another release for which I'm not around at the start. There's definitely a HUGE difference between being in or near cave-time and being anywhere else in the world - I experienced it myself when I was in the EST timezone for six months. Back then I was around in the first minutes of a new release; now it's back to normal: I get online about 10 hours after the start. Which means a lot of frustration and no new-release-only drops.

So, yes. Support here too. At least 12 hours exclusive, if not 24 to really give everyone across all timezones a chance.

(Also, meh. Just misclicked a sunset/rise in the 5 minute drop because there was only one speckle-throat.)

3 days might be a bit much, but I'd definitely support a 24 hour drop. That way people from all timezones have a fair chance.

Considering that TJ usually starts a release around midnight, a longer drop would help US users too. I want to actually go to bed at a decent time instead of waiting until late at night on the hope a dragon might be released. I had felt bad yesterday because of allergies and definitely wasn't going to stay up late. I was admittedly disappointed to find that they aren't dropping continuously by the time I woke up.

I think that the least amount of time they should be dropping continuously is twelve hours. I don't think that would a terrible inconvenience to those wanting to hunt other eggs, but allow people at least SOME time to get them. Twenty four hours would be best, but I do think three days is pushing it.

Edited by Nectaris

I'd like to clarify this was the most recent hourly drop, so I was disadvantaged too.

I'd like to clarify this was the most recent hourly drop, so I was disadvantaged too.

I got one one the most recent hourly drop too, and another on a five minute drop. That said, I still don't want to deal with such stress when I first wake up in the morning, especially as it gives indications that if I wait any longer, they will be really, really hard to get.

Wanted to bring up something. I joined after the GW and RB release but was around for the horrible seasonal breeding, won't this release in the alpine mixing so early cause another seasonal drought as people grab misclicks?

Hm, I have to say that I actually like the way new releases are handled now. And I did not manage to get a single Speckle-Throat yet. wink.gif

But by now I have most CB dragons on my scroll and new releases are one of the most interesting things/goals that are left. So I really like that I HAVE to hunt/trade a bit more for new eggs and can not just walk in and grab them right away, complaining afterwards that I have nothing left to do until the next release a month later. wink.gif

(Okay, personally I'm massively into lineage bredding now, but you get the point ^^)

I can see why so many people find it frustrating, though.

I really support a 24 hours release, this way people from all timezones would have a chance to get their eggs.

I'd like to emphasize this. At the moment, anyone out of the US is fairly disadvantaged. I live in the Netherlands at the moment, and I aways miss the start of the drop - so when I join in, it's near impossible to get anything.

Furthermore, the current system doesn't take into account the number of players competing to get eggs from the release.

New releases used to be fun and exciting back in the day, but now they're just stressful, frustrating and irritating. Is that really what they're supposed to be like?

I fully support a 24 to 48 hour long drop of new release eggs, in their designated biomes. That would give all DC players a chance, for a change. This problem simply can't be ignored anymore. mad.gif

Would like to say I agree with this... I live in Belgium. Again, we non US players are disadvantaged. It would be nice to have 24 hours of good drops, so people all around the world have a chance at catching some. After that the drops can decrease.

I do feel that we should not be made to pay for not living in the US, this sort of thing is beyond our control.

Believe me, East Coast USA residents are disadvantaged as well. For holiday drops, when we know they are coming, staying up until midnight is not a big deal. But to stay up that late every night just in hopes of a new egg drop happening someday?

I was lucky that I did just happen to be up late last night and grabbed two in 5-minute drops between midnight and 1am, but I am usually in bed before midnight.

I really wish the drops could be exclusive for at least 12 hours.

8 hours of hunting for nothing.

I hunted 10 hours to get 0 Blusongs - 10 hours for 0 Tri-Horns

I also have a life.

Good luck everyone - I am giving up.

Would like to say I agree with this... I live in Belgium. Again, we non US players are disadvantaged. It would be nice to have 24 hours of good drops, so people all around the world have a chance at catching some. After that the drops can decrease.

I do feel that we should not be made to pay for not living in the US, this sort of thing is beyond our control.

I totally get where the frustration is coming from, especially with so short a dedicated release, but this is really not a US thing. The timezone that the cave works on means that new releases begin at midnight. The majority of players I know - especially the younger ones cannot stay up until midnight just to see if DC releases any eggs.

Honestly, the people with the most luck for this kind of thing are probably folks in Japan or Australia where it's actually still daytime/early evening. And, realistically, there is always going to be a timezone that benefits simply by being mostly awake during the release's start (unless they were staggered, which I don't know would happen).

I do still agree that this should be changed, I just don't think that living in the DC time zone would give people the advantage they think it would.

I totally get where the frustration is coming from, especially with so short a dedicated release, but this is really not a US thing. The timezone that the cave works on means that new releases begin at midnight. The majority of players I know - especially the younger ones cannot stay up until midnight just to see if DC releases any eggs.

Honestly, the people with the most luck for this kind of thing are probably folks in Japan or Australia where it's actually still daytime/early evening. And, realistically, there is always going to be a timezone that benefits simply by being mostly awake during the release's start (unless they were staggered, which I don't know would happen).

I do still agree that this should be changed, I just don't think that living in the DC time zone would give people the advantage they think it would.

Skauble I think that the fact that people were complaining that they don't live in est was what made purplehaze state that we don't have an advantage either.

I think that there should be a serious look at the release system before any new dragons are released (perhaps with dumby releases on a seperate page where TJ tests some volunteers against snap links to simulate all the players going after them to find a balance).

Believe me, East Coast USA residents are disadvantaged as well. For holiday drops, when we know they are coming, staying up until midnight is not a big deal. But to stay up that late every night just in hopes of a new egg drop happening someday?

I was lucky that I did just happen to be up late last night and grabbed two in 5-minute drops between midnight and 1am, but I am usually in bed before midnight.

I think you are right, there is not really this big an advantage for living in cavetime. But a full day off drop would help there too. All people regardles off where they life should be able to be online once a day (be it midnight coming home late from work, early before leaving for school/work, in the lunch break...).

So it would be fairer for all timezones if a full circle off time is available.

While I like the ability to be able to trade new release hatchies to impatient people, this is a little harsh. 1 hour before mixed drops, ouch. 24h was more fair. People still had to be lucky enough to be online when it happened for it to be easy. (i actually missed the blusang drop by 3 days)

I think you didn't get my point purplehaze... With a 24h time span before drops start mixing again, everyone has a chance of being on at one point in their day and getting some. Be they from the West Coast, the East Coast, Europe, Asia or anywhere else. This is the best idea in my opinion and judging from the posts I've been reading here I'm not alone in this.

The problem here is, this 1 hour time span is a lot too short and only profits some people (as you say, maybe not even the younger US players). Since this is an international site with players of wildly different ages I feel it should try to give everyone a fair chance. 24 hours definitely isn't an exaggerated demand.

I am usually up at drop time and actually had slots open ohmy.gif

but I to believe that they should drop un- mixed for at least 12 hours then another 12 with only minimal mix I'm sure even the cave hunters could live with that--

And when everyone starts dropping misclicks the cave gets clogged restricting everyone to the hourly drop rolleyes.gif

Edited by dragonpuck

Exactly. Being in the cave's time zone doesn't help at all if you're planning to go to bed as usual and then off to work in the morning. The only hourly I'm going to see until this afternoon is the 8 a.m. one (and maybe the 9 a.m. but then I risk being late to work) and even then some of the refreshes had no new eggs.

I'd definitely support a 24 hour unmixed drop for new eggs, even if it's just for the top of the hour and the 5 minute drops to have no old eggs mixed in.

Perhaps they only dropped for a little while because they are more rare?

I don't know. I think a 24 hour release would be fine, fair for everyone (different timezones) but three days, no. I'd be tired of them by then xd.png

And I'm not sure it's such a big deal, really... alright you missed the spawn, but these are PERMANENT eggs...

And I'm not sure it's such a big deal, really... alright you missed the spawn, but these are PERMANENT eggs...

This argument always pops up, and I beg to differ. For some of us with slow collections (or that do not have much time to spend on DC for various reasons) and nothing valuable to trade, the only way to get uncommon eggs is when they are released, and then we have to breed the ones we got at the release. So yes, being able to catch eggs at the release is a big deal. For some of us it is the only time we will have easy access to those eggs.

Again, 24 hours is not that much to ask for.