Ruins

Neverending Nightmare OOC

So... all upper-class ponies should expect a invitation for the exclusive party in the park in their mail the next night cycle.

Durppie, Moon Blitz probably has that invitation for Letterform. I'm going to try to make Moon Blitz's actions as vague as possible in my next post.

Well... the question is what the other ponies who aren't upper-class do? I mean, Twilight doesn't even have a home to speak of...

I'd imagine they tried to survive. The ponies in the slum to get to middle class, and the middle class to not get thrown back in the slums. If your talking about the "to be festival parties". All the classes would attend the festival, and the others would get back to work while the higher ups live it up. Though I'm sure a few ponies could sneak themselves in if dressed/disguised properly.

Makes sense. However, I wanted to discuss it, since I would approximate about half of the ponies, maybe less, are Higher class. And that was towards the festival, if that wasn't clear before.

From what I gather there are some street dinners for non-upper-class ponies. And if I can I'm going to make Moon Blitz sneak in somehow... even if it means smooth-talking an upper-class mare to get her to take him with her. The things he does to get noticed....

I assume there will be flyers of the festival's date posted around. And considering Twilight Charmer has history with Nightmare Moon, she might get an invitation to the upper class party.

Almost forgot to add, in 'Sleepless in Ponyville' it was found that one of Princess Luna's responsibilities was watching ponies dreams. As Nightmare Moon's name applies, she has a pocket full of nightmares.

Edited by CaptainCute

Well, I don't think RinniGold is coming back any time soon... Any idea as to what to do now? I haven't had to, ah, get rid of some else's character before so I have no idea how I'd go about it. Maybe a time-skip of some sort, to the festival or the night before? A whole week in-universe is a whole long time to RP, so it might die off before we ever get any action!

Ruins~!

Care to give us the INSIDE SCOOP about the festival? I assume the upper-class party will be by invitation. If there are to be street dinners, how will their food differ from the upper-class food? What will Nightmare Moon be doing this whole time?

Apologies for my disapparation, I just couldn't find time to get on and/or post. Doing so now, though, so Glory won't be stuck. Sorry about that, Captain.

Twi's been playing Skyrim. No worries though, I'm going to guilt her into posting more often now.

Speaking of, I wonder if Night Moon would riddle Twilight's dreams with nightmares. Probably. Actually, I think I like the idea of Twilight attending the higher-class parties, and was actually musing with having her parents been rich, but I like the taunting that Nightmare Moon would give along with the invitation is basically a huge slap in the face.

Will this festival skip happen soon though? I might have Twilight wake up in my next post if it's not soonish...

On it!

In case Rinnigold returns and wants to try to rejoin with the same pony I'll try to ensure she'll have that oppurtunity.

Though know we'll be needing a new element bearer for Kindness.

Juse need to free up Night Haunter before any festivaling can begin. Any typoes that are in my newest post I'll fix when I wake up.

Edited by Limn

Once I've posted and feel like the loose ends are tied up, don't want to cut anyone off in mid-conversation after all...

EDIT: I hope it was okay to kill that pegasus, I figured he was only an NPC and... Well, Night Haunter wasn't in the mood to play nice. biggrin.gif

Edited by Ruins

Does this party have anything to do with the main plot? Bringing Nightmare Moon to her knees, finding the elements. Or is this just a way for our characters to cross paths? I am excited about the upper class party, it'll be such a beautiful occasion. Those upper class ponies with their fancy clothes. smile.gif Think of all the beautiful trouble that'll happen.

Well, it's basically a pallet-swapped version of the first episode with the mane cast on the escaper's side instead of against. Basically, after 1000 years, the bindings on Princess Celestia are weaker and she'll escape; Nightmare Moon will try and stop her, Celestia will try and find the Elements, the potential bearers will follow her for whatever reason and awaken them (somehow). But it's also a chance to cross paths and have some amusing hi-jinks, yes. Night Haunter will be wearing his best glad-rags, that should be amusing.

And Limn, how big exactly is that fireball? I mean, if it really knocked down a building that's a bit... excessive.

Edited by Ruins

Indeed, I think that this party will pretty much end with a bang.

Muhahaha! Also, it's an excellent chance for Twilight to try and get her book back, but epically fail. Along with showing more how she behaves in public and interacts with other ponies.

Moon Blitz will try to sneak into the party, if he is unable to sneak in he might start flirting with any high class mares in an attempt to look like he belongs there.

I think he should try and flirt with Twilight. I imagine that the night of the party will certainly send her over the edge, and perhaps unveil the elements to the other ponies. I think the party will be the first few tentative steps towards element-hood for the other ponies.

Maybe he'd end up scaring Twilight and someone'll step in. Maybe NH, if he's hanging around that area (he hates parties).

If Twilight is near the outskirts of the park where it would be possible to talk with someone not in the party, or he if can start-up a conversation with her before she enters party, then I will make him flirt with her. It will certainly be quite a challenge for him to try to woo a paranoid mare.

And just a reminder, Moon Blitz is the only one who supports Nightmare Moon. If he learns about the elements and the possible fall of his beloved princess, he'll do everything he can to prevent it. After all, his dream of being a shadowbolt would end. Good luck to anyone who tries to show him that friendship is magic~

Yeah, he'd have to doge the topic of Nightmare Moon, because then she'd pretty much flee/find a table to hide under. I think that NH stepping in would be good, maybe he might recognize her from the accident, maybe he won't. Up to you Ruins.

Yes it was completely chill to kill that NPC.

Might be good to say that Brains is good at Telepathy, but only one at a time and quite ranged. Grain is good at making booze.

Good gracious, I didn't mean to indicate an entire building. Though if it hit through a vital support that would be possible. =/ The fireballs are the size of a ponies head, but the fire is concentrated. Basilisk-Soul made five, one crashed into a house, another into the street.

Well, who wouldn't want to follow a white alicorn around?

Let's do the time warp again! It's just a jump to the left and then a step to the right; with your hooves on your hips, you bring your knees in tight...

And leap foward a week! It's time to parh-tay, with glad-rags and canapes and polite conversation and maybe even an attempt to ovethrow the Tyrant-Princess! (And an alternate-universe Rarity cameo!)

Out of limbo at last! biggrin.gif

Also, Scarcity....

Would Rarity's last name be Belle? blink.gif

Haha, I should Twilight be either getting a dress or going to the party? I'm trying to see about what time it is in the 'day'.

Oh yeah, it's early evening- about six o'clock. The party starts at seven and goes on until midnight; dinner at eight, then dancing. Nightmare Moon makes her speech at midnight and that's when the fun REALLY starts.

So I think everyone's putting the finishing touches on their outfits and moving off towards the Palace (the party's in the Ballroom).

About Scarcity- I heard Rarity's second name was Belle, I dunno. I just added it there because of Sweetie Belle. You might see Scarcity again, she's pretty fun; I might make her my second character or at least a major NPC...

Edited by Ruins

I can't wait until then for the party.

Oh, and I have a character sheet in the works for someone who is very much for her Nightjesty.

Ah, makes sense. Haha, I'll have to figure out something for Twilight to wear....

That makes sense, about her second name. She's pretty much one of the 3 characters who doesn't have a 'last' name.