Ruins

Neverending Nightmare OOC

This is the NNOOC, the OOC discussion thread for the MLP:FiM RP NN. For talking about the RP, talking and maybe for character sheets if the other post gets too big.

TO THE MAIN RP THREAD.

Important Events:

None yet.

Current 'Strikes':

None yet.

So, ladles and jellyspoons, do we think we should start RPing now or wait and see if anyone else joins?

I'm all right whenever we decide to start up. I've got a friend who wants to join, but she's taking her sweet time drawing up a profile.

Also, a question more for posterity-- I know you said that earth ponies, unicorns, pegasi, and bat ponies are acceptable for the RP, while alicorns, griffons, dragons or buffaloes aren't. My question is, what about zebras? And were zebras allowed, would the "only talking in rhymes" quirk be a prerequisite?

I have also noticed that Twilight wasn't yet listed under Magic, for an Element. I wanted to point that out now, so you knew.

I'd like to ask if there are guards posted at every different part of town. So like... would I have to pass a guard station everytime I entered the park or went to the shops?

Wowee, lotta questions. Here are some quick answers before I get to work (stuff to do, be back this evening...):

RinniGold: *rubs chin* Maybe. I can't imagine them going as far away from their homeland as Neighstramo, them and the Tyrant-Princess' empire aren't exactly friends, and it's a bit built up for their tastes... But I guess theodd oddball might end up their; they'd be a big curiousity, though. Most of the citizenry would never have seen one before.

And that's up the the individual zebra, I guess.

@RainDash: Whoops. I'm a scatterbrain, sorry. >__<

CaptainCute: I imagine there's one on each gate in and out of the city, and where you'd find police stations IRL- a couple in each borough, mostly on the larger streets, and more in the poorer areas like Arkham Heights or the Curzeburg slums. Pairs of guard walk their beats like policemen do, but they're predictable and pretty easy to avoid.

I will answer PMs and suchlike later, rest assured I have read them...

Another reminder for Honesty.

As well as a question forTSparkle123, which area is your character in? I'm still trying to decide whom to begin my interactions with, and since your all alone you seem like a good choice, but I need your area for clarification, because I doubt my character would be in the slums.

Twi says: She didn't pick anywhere specific, but you can run into her if you want. It's cool.

I just asked her IRL, and if you want to know anything else, I can ask her.

Limn, yeah, like Dashie said, I haven't picked a specific place for Sea to be. Really she could be anywhere that has an alleyway or two.

@Limn: Okay, done.

...Huh, now we've got 5/6 Elements, now we just need a Generous type. Looking good so far. biggrin.gif

I'd have Sea take it, but I see her as a selfish kind of mare...

Sorry TSparkle 123. Captaincute looked like she needed back up.

Hm... Ruin, you could probably head over to the My Little Pony Thread and advertise this rp there. I'm sure someone would fall for the bait.

Also good for you TSparkle123, denying temptation of power because you know your character wouldn't fit. Inspiration to us all.

Hey TSparkle123~!

Our characters have similar goals/destinies, to inspire joy within others. Sea Cloud with her art, Vocal Glory with her voice. I am sure we would have crossed pathes eventually. So just asking, can my character know yours?

I think we have a candidate for Generosity, a male at that. :3

=DDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

I am so glad Night Haunter isn't going to be outnumbered by ladies. Mm... Ladies. All creepiness aside, reminder for my other character sheets.

Yeah, it was in danger of becoming the world's weirdest harem anime. (Well, that's an amusing mental image... xd.png )

And... You had others? Did I miss them or haven't you sent them and will I panic now?

Pffft, you wouldn't have to worry about Psychosis joining that Harem. No matter how alluring a Big strong Mayor Bat Pony falling off roofs would be.

Yes I did, after I realized the stark lack of males as well as ponies Night Haunter could rain vigilante justice on. I'll resend them as I have their forms somewhere around here.

Harems? blink.gif

I'll be sending in a male antagonist as well. Good guy:bad guy and male:female ratios slightly fixed in one swoop. smile.gif

CaptainCute: Yeah, sure! It makes sense to me that they'd know each other. Sorry for not replying earlier, I've been doing chores and stuff.

Indeed, Harems. In roleplays, generally people will be looking for romance. The majority of rpers I've seen are generally female. Thus most ladies will flock to the few male characters about.

Miss Ruin seems to forget to add us to the element slots, I've seen she's added it now.

Letterform seems more of the honesty type. *Pony Snicker* Sadly Psychosis ain't exactly a generous lass.

Just out of interest, does anyone know where Rinnigold is? They last posted on the 7th, iirc, and Night Haunter's been stuck waiting for a reply since then... I wonder if they're busy and forgot to say anything; I hope something unpleasant hasn't happened.

I haven't seen Rinnigold... but I'm not in any other RPs with her, so maybe someone else has seen her?

On the topic of male:female ratios: I really can't write males. I've tried, but it just doesn't work out that well. But we'd make and excellent Harem. :3

So, I'm juggling two characters, Vocal Glory and now Moon Blitz. Moon Blitz is straight up for Nightmare Moon, good luck convincing him otherwise. He is a delivery boy so feel free to have 'seen him around' or know him.

Durppie: LetterForm seems like he'd get many a package or letter, can Moon Blitz stop by your house to deliver you some random stuff?

And does anyone here think their character would ever get a package of somekind?

Sure CaptainCute. I can imagine him getting quite a lot of hate mail mixed in with it. xd.png

No I haven't seen Rinnigold around, when in doubt assume the worst.

I know you've opened the forms I sent you Ruin, please reply. wink.gif

Psychosis would have seen him around. She is in the upper ring, and she would probably order things, she mostly packages. In fact she'd probably have a shelf full of nice stationary, seals, pens and other such things incase she ever had someone to write too. But she doesn't, Haha, poor lass.

The two characters I'm waiting to get accepted would also know Moon Blitz, one more than the other.

For me, writing for male characters has always been easier than a female character. That's why most of the time I make myself use female characters. =/

I hope Rinnigold is okay. =/