Ruins

Neverending Nightmare OOC

I am going to take this moment to ask, where is Nightmare Moon? When is she going to show up? Is she already dining on delicious vittles in the Palace? Or will there be a GRAND and GLORIOUS entrance?

Erm, I think I accidently said two different things, but here's the gist:

Upper-class ponies: Dinner in the Main Hall of the Mayor's Palace, then dancing and, y'know, drinks (champagne) and mingling in the Park near the lake; there'll be lots of firefly lanterns and one of those fancy string-bands going on. From seven 'till midnight, when NM arrives.

Normal ponies: Street meals, lots of tables put together and whatever food the lower classes can cook served; lots of drinking going on, I expect.

Everyone: Attends the Tyrant-Princess' speech outside the front of the Palace at midnight. Then a fly-by by pegusi, which rhyme- oh my.

EDIT: So I decided to make up for my lack of posting with... this monstrosity of a post. Ye gods, it's huge.

I'll work on Scarcity's form tonight, as she's coming to the party. I figured I needed a friendlier face that ponies could chat to. :3

Read that post again.

If your wondering for direction on what to do, right now is to time to get to know the other elements/ponies better. Warm our characters up to the idea of having friends, or making one. Even an interaction of introduction would be good, for recognition purposes when celestia shows up.

I think you mean our glorious Princess NightMare Moon, Limn.

If Celestia showed up, all our problems would be solved.

Twilight's open for interaction, I think.

No RainDash I do mean Celestia. When she breaks out of her prison, I believe Ruins mentioned following her. Frankly, in the rp so far, only Letterform, Psychosis Sonority, Twilight Charmer, have the Elements of Harmony on their mind because the subject was refreshed in their minds. Everyone else probably shouldn't think about or mention the elements out of the blue, because that would be silly and out of place, especially with such knowledge being taboo. Also no one person can weild all five add one mystery element, so I doubt Night Haunter would be thinking of it. Back to the matter at hand, Letterform wouldn't go into the Everfree forest. Twilight Charmer can barely manage social interactions, I doubt the gaurds would let her out of the city where Nightmare Moon doesn't know where she'd be, and her control of magic isn't strong enough to teleport her outside of the walls, she's liable to kill herself trying to preform a spell she hasn't tried because her magics too hard for her to control. Thus, only Psychosis Sonority is left, she would go out into the everfree forest, she would track the elements. She wouldn't bring to the city for treason reasons should they be found and identified. (HA... No one but the princess should remember what they look like, if anything) If given the chance, Psychosis would probably make a home out of the ruins of the older castle while trying to unlock them, she would of course, have no success. Also the implications of over throwing a government is complex and difficult, even if Psychosis managed to unlock the elements, with or without the help of others, who would rule after Nightmare Moon was done away with? The chances of 6 ponies coming to an agreement over what should be done for a WHOLE COUNTRY, would be difficult. Not to mention there'd be plenty of people desiring the throne for their own endeavors. Chaos would reign.

Choas would reign = thoughts about Discord. Lets keep him out of this. >:3

And will any of us be sitting together? I know I got myself a spot next to Sea Cloud. I could always have Glory stumble across Twilight Charmer, or when she can spot her somewhere and start talking about her to Sea Cloud. After her preformance of course... I should really write a post with her preforming.

Is anyone else gonna post or is everyone done and it's my turn and I didn't realise?

Uh, maybe? I dunno, I've been kinda out of it these past few days.

I'd post again, but that would technically be double posting, which is frowned upon.

Yay~

Totally didn't notice Letterform was going to talk to Twilight. Derp. Should I have NH talk to someone else who's free?

Alright, I have some questions.

Should Psychosis know Scarcity? Obviously I'd need your consent for that Ruins. But I'm curious as to know why Scarcity would suddenly look and smile specifically at my character. She isn't thinking of how Psychosis would be a good model in the future is she? (Wedding dresses and regal attire would probably look the best on her.) Think of the horror.

Also what are we going to do about the open element of harmony?

I'd be willing to give up Honesty for Kindness if it means all the positions get filled. We can't exactly go parading around with an element missing.

Edited by Limn

Scarcity smiles at everyone. Catch her eye and BOOM! You got smiled. I also wanted interaction with someone else than NH. (They've probably heard of each other, at the least. Maybe Psychosis had a fitting with her once? She is probably admiring her mane too, yes. :3 )

I was thinking Scarcity for Kindness? She does fit, I think, with the giving out dresses and makeovers and treating everyone the same...

Anything Scarcity made would probably be much to glamorous for Psychosis's tastes to buy in good conscious. She would know of her work and name though. Haha, Psychosis would be a great guinea pig for Scarcity.

Hm... Sounds more like Generousity. If Durppie's willing to give up generousity for honesty we could do a three way trade??

I'll post a bit later as a response forms in my mind.

Or maybe we have nobody, so the whole thing ends on a downer as the whole rebellion fails and we all have to go into hiding from the Tyrant-Princesses' troops. biggrin.gif

Well cut my mane and dye it electric blue. An alliance with the devil could only bring our rebellion to victory. I'll get my weapons and shed this bane of a dress. To the posting.

Sorry about the lack of posting. I've been up to my eyeballs in uni work within the last week or so (one essay down, three to go!), and I completely forgot about this... *blushes shamefully*

*Pats understandingly* While I'm sad you forgot about us, I can undertstand the school angle. I've been dealing with an ocean of school myself to sort out. Hell, to even the point I read that post the day you posted it but I was too busy/distracted to respond in an orderly manner. I must say the break from posting has been nice since I've been studying up for a test.

Hey no prob, long as someone remembers to post, I'm cool.

Edited by RainDash

A wild RinniGold was spotted? Do you believe she will return to us? Come RinniGold come, promises of acceptance without judgement abound here.

Anyone got a Master Ball?

Not that we would kidnap her of course, merely just to keep her here because we love her.

EDIT: So, uh, anyone got any plans for the Festival?

Edited by RainDash

Matters what you mean by that.

Psychosis plans on playing her harp during the middle of the dinner at Night Haunter's dinner party. Mingle and make an appearance during the rest of the party, giving her presence more than actual mingling. Await for NightmareMoon, while hopefully making connections with other ponies and checking on everything and systematically noting the location of decorations in the park where she will be preforming after or before Nightmaremoons speech. (Matters whether or not Ruins says we entertain the princess before or after the speech based on how much nightmare moon wants to talk when she gets there. Nightmare Moons presence would demand everyponies attention, not to mention one cannot expect to be Graced by their princess and get away with not entertaining her while she was there. A bored and unhappy princess is a bad thing, bad. Also Psychosis making her preformance either before or after Nightmare moon's speech would allow her for as much exposure to other ponies minds as possible; which is something any preformer would want.

Basilisk-Soul would be aiming for getting as much food as possible as well as stolen goods from 'high society' ponies.

Literal Pain would probably take this time to socialize with other middle class ponies, *cough* get friendly with ponies to vouch for his personality *cough*. As well as get some work done with some of his clients and associates.

"The door to the gallery where you will be performing is just there, Miss Glory, Miss Strings. Good luck." he said to the pair, gesturing at the small door tucked between the stairs and the entrance to the Dining Hall; it lead to a smaller and rather cramped staircase and then to a balcony that ringed the entire Hall. The musician's gallery itself was opposite the door, directly behind and above where he would be sitting at the end of the table.

Just gotta do some investigating and... viola.

Alright ladies and gentlemen, I shall be busier than usual messing about with my school, I shall be exceedingly busy for the next month or so, so if I need to post, just send me a message and I'll get right on it. I will check in every now and then, so do not worry, as long as we're all willing to wait out the war we will prevail and keep this rp alive.

Also in the event that we are unable to unite the elements of harmony for the lack of bearers to the elements in harmony. I would like to create Diamond Dog culture, if they're still alive. 0_o Assuming they're not extinct.

Sorry for the late post, I was unsure what to put... and it feels rushed to me.

RAINDASH YOUR AVATAR IS ADORABLE.