lycrawaterz14

Of Slaves and Royals

"You barely know me! You probably just don't want to be the one to let someone kill themselves,"Sam muttered, leaning his head against the wall. He didn't mean it really, he was just in a bad place. Randomly he stood, not looking at her. "Whatever," he muttered, stepping out and slumping out of the bathroom.

"The woman who lives here tried to kill me. I just need her to be scared. And I don't want her killed. Just a little beat up." He shrugged, and wrote Kinlea's address. "Also... Who's your slave? He looks familiar."

Tybal knew exactl who he was. He had seen one of the boy's matches. Zeke was an excellent fighter...

Zeke looked up from the floor when he heard himself mentioned. He looked at the man across the table. He had never seen that man in his life and he was sure he would remember a man like Tybalt. He realized he was staring and adverted his eyes to his slave. Zeke's heart stopped. He was staring at none other than his blue haired sister. His eyes widened at the sight. He hadn't seen his sister in years, not since he last saw his mother. He studied the girl intently. She looked better off than he did. She must have lived the life of a house slave while Zeke was in the area fighting for is life. He felt a pang of envy in his chest at that thought.

"So why don't you just hire a couple street thugs?" Leon said, laying his arm on the table and tapping with his fingers irritably. "In case you didn't realize earlier, I have a very specific skill set. Smashing a few vases and ripping a few curtains is not currently included in it. And that specimen is know as the homo-sapiens. More locally referred to as Zeke. Even more locally referred to as 'squirt'."

Maddi followed Sam out, wrapping her arms around him from behind and resting her head on the back of his shoulder. "I do care, I really do."

"I know. This is Ella." He shrugged, and found Ella's hand and squeezed it. "Street thugs wouldn't be trustworthy. This isn't your regular shake up. She's the Clover's daughter." He raised an eyebrow. "You know. The homicidal superpowerful gang Zeke fought in the ring for." Tybalt smirked.

As Tybalt told this Leon what he wanted done, Ella still would have preferred that he wouldn’t get involved in this, but since it wasn’t her place to object, she just kept her head down as she tried to not listen. However, when Leon’s slave’s name was said, her head snapped up, and when she saw the man standing by Leon, her breath caught in her throat. Looking into her brother’s eyes, she didn’t hear anything else that was said, nor did she notice when Tybalt took her hand.

It was clear to her that life had been tough on him, and she wanted nothing more than to hold him. Well, she actually wanted to do a lot of things, but was held back by that cursed voice as it spewed a string of rules at her: Don’t show emotion…Don’t speak without permission…Don’t speak to each other…Keep your head bowed…Stand where you’re told…Family doesn’t mat- NO! she silently yelled at that voice, and with tears starting to well in her eyes, she took a ragged breath as she said, “Zeke.” Though she had defied the voice in the back of her mind, she was still torn. She was concerned that if she broke propriety, she could get Zeke into serious trouble with his master, so she remained still. She was genuinely afraid that Leon would shoot Zeke right in front of her.

Sam quivered, his body convulsing silently. Then he turned around and flung his arms around her, sobbing into her shoulder. Someone cared. He had almost killed himself and was still thinking about it but someone actually cared.

At Tybalt’s question, Ella didn’t look away from Zeke as she answered, “Ye-Wait…” As realization hit, she looked toward Tybalt with concern on her face. “’Ring’? ‘Fought’?!” Without waiting for a reply, she looked back to her brother hoping that he’d be able to tell her it wasn’t true, and as she brought her free hand to her mouth to stifle a sob, there was no shame or disgust in her expression; only the heartbreak she felt on his behalf.

Her former master had once tried his hand at the arena, and Ella remembered all too well the wounds the poor boy had gotten and the haunted look in his eyes after his first match… He never returned from his second match. Knowing that her brother had gone through something similar, a feeling that she had only felt once before came over her. It was what she had felt for the men that had attacked them earlier, and it could only be described as a white-hot hatred. For a very brief moment, her gaze slide to Leon as she gave him an icy glare, but then reason kicked on again, and when she realized what she’d just done, her anger was immediately replaced with terror, and she dropped her head again. “Fo-forgive me, Sir a-and Mr. Leon,” she said in a shaky voice. “I-I meant n-no disrespect.” She was all but trembling due to both fear and resisting the urge to climb over the table to get to her brother. Zeke! she called silently as a tear fell down her cheek.

Edited by starphyre77

Zeke flinched when the Clover family was mentioned. He didn't know much about the politics of the gang but he heard plenty of rumors while under a member's control. He glanced at his sister and saw the fear in her eyes. He shook his head to signal not to cry. He was fine now, flashbacks and ghost pains were the only thing that still bothered him about his time in the ring. How could this guy know that though? He glanced back at Ella and then back to Tybalt. She was owned by someone that bet on slaves in the ring.

"I am glad to see you got away from all that. I was the narc for that ring. It got dismantled right after I reported it." Tybalt sighed, and took Ella's hands. "Sorry. You must forgive her, she's had a rough day." Tybalt let go with one hand and held her closer.

Leon looked behind him and up at Zeke, raising an eyebrow. "Is she your sister or something?" he asked.

((Wait! Wait! I think I've heard this one before!! Lol))

Maddi hugged Sam tighter, "It'll be alright, Sam. I'll stay with you." She soothed.

Sam nodded mutely, still clinging to her like she might run if he didn't. He eventually quieted, the occasional tear slipping down his cheek, but otherwise he was done. He seemed reluctant still to let go, exhaustion weighing heavily on him.

"I promise," Sam croaked. "I won't.. I won't kill myself." For now, he wouldn't, not when someone cared. "Can I lay down now?" Even standing felt like too much work.

Maddi let go of Sam and stepped back. "Sure," She said, grabbing his hand and leading him back to the living room. "I'm going to make some popcorn. You can pick out a movie."

Zeke nodded at Leon's question, "Yes actually. Leon, This is my sister Ella", he said, looking down at his master, "we were separated.... how many years ago?", he asked his sister. He couldn't believe that he couldn't remember. It was kinda a big deal in his life.

Sam shuffled over to his movie collection and glanced at it. He ended up with Braveheart and slid it in, stumbling back to the couch and collapsing onto it. Lethargically he pulled a blanket over himself and curled up, blinking wetness out of his eyes.

"Pure pazaak..." Leon sighed, leaning back i his chair. "So, go hug her or something!" he said suddenly.

Maddi went to the kitchen and searched the cupboards, coming back into the living room with a scowl on her face. "What kind of house are you running?! You have a total of zero popcorn!" She said, her hands on her hips. She turned and looked at the tv, forgetting the snack dilemma. "Oooh! What movie did you pick out?"

Sam just shrugged. "Don't usually cook. Just booze and money for take out," he mumbled in reply, feeling a little safer under his blanket. "Braveheart." He really just wanted to sleep and forget all of this. But it would be there when he woke up.

Zeke nodded and spread his arms, "If you say so, Sir", he said with a small smile. He had given up on ever seeing his sister about a year ago.

Sam made a noise, not really approving or denying this. He wasn't paying much attention to the movie, just sort of existing in a fog. His thoughts were jumbled at best, but hey, at least the blanket was warm.

Tybalt got up and moved out of her way so she could reach her brother. She seemed joyful.