lycrawaterz14

Of Slaves and Royals

"Address me any way you wish Ella." He said sullenly, and thought back to her confusing remark. "Were you worried about me getting in trouble earlier?"

Ella wasn’t quite sure how to interpret Tybalt’s response. Even though his words indicated she could call him Sir, his tone was similar to what her former masters used with the children when they were just tired of arguing. At his question, she glanced toward him and said, “Yes…Sir.” She considered elaborating, but was concerned that still using Sir might upset him again, so she just dropped her head even further.

Ella sat in silence for a moment as she thought about Tybalt’s explanation. At first, she couldn’t think of what other kind of affection he meant, but then she thought she understood, and her ears started to turn pink as she thought, Oh… Not sure how to respond to that, she once again fell back on the safe, “As you say, Sir.”

"Sorry. Pretty severe punishment. At least in my opinion." He said lowly. He fiddled with a napkin.

Leon arrived at the Doughnut Hole and parked his stolen motorbike. He walked into the store and looked around.

Maddi grabbed the nearest object she could find and hit it on the doorknob as hard as she could repetitively until she broke the doorknob off and the door swung open.

Sam's head jerked up as the door swung open and he pressed himself further into the corner. His face was wet, not from the water obviously, and the knife he held shakily over one of his wrists. "Don't stop me," he choked.

Maddi looked at Sam. "Stop. Please!" She begged, walking till she was right before him, but not in the tub. She reached out her hand to take the knife from him, "Just give me the knife, okay?" She said softly.

"No!" Sam snapped, cringing away. "If you really want to do something, just stay with me. Pretend to care so that for once in my life, I can believe someone cares about me before I die," he said, laying the blade against his wrist. A tiny trickle of blood ran down his arm; he'd pressed too hard.

Maddi broke into tears again. "If I stay with you, you can't kill yourself. You have to promise. I'll stay forever if you promise not to kill yourself." She pleaded, taking the hand with the knife and pulling it away from his other hand.

Sam shut his eyes, letting her pull the knife away. "I just want to end it," he begged in a whisper, whole body shaking. He just wanted someone to hold him while he died, so he could pretend he was loved.

Maddi took the knife from Sam's hand and set it on the floor beside her. "It'll be okay." Maddi soothed, "You have to promise though, promise not to kill yourself." She said softly, holding his hand in hers.

Leon looked over at Tybalt. "Yeah," He said, walking over. "So, I'll need a name."

Edited by chicbecause

He just raised an eyebrow. "Why don't you sit down first? It's not for today anyway. It'll be... Hm. Probably about three days from now? We've got time."

Zeke followed his owner to meet with his client. The pistol was tucked away in the back of his pants and he hoped he wouldn't have to use it. He hung back behind Leon as he talked to the man at the table.

Sam looked at her through teary eyes, on the verge of hysterics. "I-I can't," he whimpered. How could he promise that? How could he promise that he wouldn't do something stupid and kill himself when he was reminded of how much his life sucked?

Leon sighed. He didn't have time for this. Well, actually, he did. And, there were doughnuts. That was enough to tempt him and he sat down. "Handing some money to Zeke. "Buy, like, a lot of doughnuts for me and whatever you want for you." He instructed.

"Please?" Maddi pleaded. "A lot of people care about you, Sam. What hurts so much the you absolutely can't go on?"

"No one cares about me," Sam snarled, choking on sobs. "Did you notice there are no pictures in my house? Don't you wonder why?" He jerked away from her, convulsing as he curled in on himself.

Zeke nodded and walked up to the counter to order the donuts, "Uh...", he stammered, looking at the assorted donuts in the glass counter. The cashier looked at his with distaste. He was sure it was because of his blue hair and not his status as a slave. He shrugged, "Uh, just get me two dozen of one of each kind", he said finally, 'Our table is over there", he said. Looking around at the other slaves in the restaurant, he just stood next to Leon's side of the table

((Yeah tongue.gif I didn't know who Ella even belonged to or that she was there))

At Tybalt’s comment about his father’s punishment, Ella gave a small nod of agreement. “Yes Sir,” she said with sincerity, and then she silently added, incredibly severe. She sat in thought, and remembering the pain she felt when her mother and then her brother had been sold, her heart went out to him. At least she could cling to the fact that her family could still be alive – of course, the fact that they could also be dead has haunted her dreams… Glancing at him with sympathy, but not pity, she timidly whispered, “I’m-I’m sorry for your loss.” She knew it was risky to speak without permission again, not to mention the fact that the condolences of a slave really doesn’t mean much, but she felt she had to say it.

Fortunately – or unfortunately, the man that Tybalt had been waiting for walked in. When Tybalt called him over, she glanced up only to see the gunman from the hospital. She was so stunned that she didn’t register anything else going on around her, and for a brief moment she just gaped at the man, but then she quickly dropped her head as low as she could, and she hunched her shoulders as she tried to make herself as unnoticeable as possible. She wished, oh goodness how she wished, her hair was still longer so she could hide behind it. As the man approached, she didn’t even glance up as she wondered, What is he doing?! She did NOT want to see this man; she did NOT want to be seen by this man; heck she did NOT want Tybalt to be seeing this man. Since she didn’t have any say in the matter, she was seriously considering trying the ‘I dropped my napkin’ trick she’d seen the children do, so she could duck under the table. Only a lifetime of conditioning kept her from reaching for a napkin…Well, that and the fear that moving would draw his attention to her.

((Yeah, Ella's not exactly Miss Observant either. wink.gif ))

Edited by starphyre77

"I care," Said Maddi, looking sincerely at Sam. "Tybalt cares." She added.

Leon looked at Tybalt, completely in business mode again. "I'm sitting. Are you going to tell me what this is about now?"

"Tybalt sold me out. Tybalt isn't here right now, is he?" Sam growled, leaning his head against the tile wall and watching water pool around him. "Just hand me the blow dryer and let me make everything easier for everyone," he muttered, closing his eyes.

"I'm here! I'm here, Sam! Do I not count for anything? Please, just stop this!" Maddi pleaded, looking up at Sam.