Tawanda001

Move refusals from bottom to top?

Did a search, didn't see this, feel free to move if I overlooked it though.

It's just a small thing, but I would like to see the greyed out dragons at the top of the breeding page instead of the bottom.

Pro

1. Easier to see the image when it's against the lighter background as opposed to the darker background I get when I get the the bottom of my very loooong breeding page.

2. When I'm checking a lot of dragons for refused partners (so that I can make sure to give them a new mate this time around) it would be much more convenient to have them at the top rather than the bottom. That's a lot of scrolling when I open twenty or thirty tabs to check for refusals.

Con

1. You would have to scroll past the refusals to get to the preferred mates at the top of the scroll. However I have not seen any of my dragons refuse more than two or three partners, so I don't think this would be a really big problem.

Thoughts?

Personally, I'm not exactly in favor of this. If you don't want to scroll to the end of your, well, scroll - just hit the END button and you're there. (It's often hidden with your num-pad, or somewhere at the top right of the keyboard.)

YES - but - if you are one of those (I too...) who find the bottom half of your scroll is all BLACK at these times, it is harder to see.

ETA OOOOOH it doesn't any more ! Lord bless the new servers, I guess ! xd.png

That said, my refusals are in my own chart, so I don't mind one way or the other.

I care a lot more about easy access to the dragons I can breed with versus those I can never breed with, so I'm going to say no.

If your breeding page gets dark and hard to make out at the bottom, you should probably change whatever skin you're using. If it's not skin-related, ask TJ for help fixing the issue, don't change things to work for the issue. >___< As for getting to the bottom, it's not that hard to just grab the little page slider thingy and whisk it to the bottom. I have 700+ dragons on my breeding page usually and it only takes a second to pull the slider to the bottom.

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

Personally, I'm not exactly in favor of this. If you don't want to scroll to the end of your, well, scroll - just hit the END button and you're there. (It's often hidden with your num-pad, or somewhere at the top right of the keyboard.)

Fair enough, thanks for the tip!

Except when I play on my scroll I rarely use my keyboard, it's tucked up under my desktop and I'd have to pull it out.

I'm lazy that way. biggrin.gif

Is there perhaps a similar shortcut I can use with my mouse?

Con

1. You would have to scroll past the refusals to get to the preferred mates at the top of the scroll.

I can see your point with this idea, but that is why I wouldn't support it. ^^

I always use the 'end' button to go and look at my refusals, though I don't know if there is such a shortcut with a mouse.

Totally not in favor unless it is an option one has to enable. I do lifemates and its easier to breed having their mate at the top instead of their refusals

No please. This would just make the top messy with dragons you can't breed with. D:

I don't know of any mouse shortcuts. You can just click and hold where you want to scroll down to and the scroll bar will make its way down to you, but I don't know if that will be faster. x3

What if the refusals pop to the bottom of the list of things you have bred to, but above everything you have not bred to?

I care a lot more about easy access to the dragons I can breed with versus those I can never breed with, so I'm going to say no.

^This. I don't really want this, and I am not really sure why you want access to see who is refused anyways.

I prefer having the refusals on the bottom. I don't want to have to scroll past refusals to get to the one I want to bred that dragon with.

This. I don't care one iota about seeing a bunch of dragons that my breed-dragon *can't* mate with. That really makes no sense. Having the first things on the list be "successful" pairings, now that makes sense.

I wouldn't really care for refusals to be in between "succcessful" and "normal" dragons in the list, either. Honestly, how many users are *really* going to like having a big list of refusals high up on their scroll? Refusals are on the bottom because they don't matter, they aren't available, this action doesn't pertain to them anymore. Let's not mess with that.

Maybe if they were between the preferred mates and the normal dragon list.

To be honest, I'd still find that quite annoying. Especially if you have some dragons like mine who just refuse everything >.>

I prefer having the refusals on the bottom. I don't want to have to scroll past refusals to get to the one I want to bred that dragon with.

This. No offense to the OP of course, I see what they were getting at. ^^

However, as was mentioned, the End key often goes unnoticed at times like this (or command -> right arrow key). I'd say that's easier than having the refusals smack dab on top of the list.

To be honest, I'd still find that quite annoying. Especially if you have some dragons like mine who just refuse everything >.>

Agreed. And sometimes I like to switch partners a lot, so I end up going to find new mates. It would be just as extraneous for refused dragons to be in the way of my search for the new mate as it is to have it be at the top of the list before any mates. ^^

(Command + right? Isn't command + down the default? o.o )

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

(Command + right? Isn't command + down the default? o.o )

Ah, fn + right arrow key, that's actually how I always did it. Right mimicked the End key and left mimicked the Home key.

Never tried Cmd + down arrow though. o,o

For me function rt arrow is end, function down arrow is PgDn. It's the way my keypad says it is. x3

But really, grab hold of the slider bar and drag it to the bottom. It takes you there just as quick. Scrolling is only a pain if you click on the down button or [a bit better] in the bar below the thing you can grab.

Maybe I'm just not that coordinated but the slide bar is a pain, I just slide right off it before I get to the end. tongue.gif

I don't have many dragons that have more than two refusals so to me having two grayed out dragons at the top is not a big deal. Heck I wouldn't even have to scroll past them to see their preferred partners, but I gather that some people have a lot of refused partners? (Crosses fingers against such luck.)

And it matters to me when I want to breed multiples of the same dragons. For example I have 50 some reds and I know a some of them have refused each other before, but I don't remember exactly which ones.Next time I breed them I'd like to make sure those have new breeding partners. So yeah, I open up multiple tabs, scroll down to see who has refused who before I start breeding.

It's not a big deal. The end key will help, or I suppose I could keep track with some sort of chart or other, but eh, I was just hoping for something simpler. Oh well.

Maybe I'm just not that coordinated but the slide bar is a pain, I just slide right off it before I get to the end. tongue.gif

??????

What system/browser/etc are you using? I click, hold, drag, and no matter where my cursor is on the screen it still is moving the bar as long as I'm still holding down the clicker. Any system that acts the way you describe (where you have to stay ON the bar for it to still work] would be extremely frustrating, and I'm surprised anyone would code it that way.

Which have refused only matters to me when I've got a situation where I'm trying to breed PB dragons [i only have 4 of each breed, 2 male, 2 female] and one pair refuses. I need to be sure that I breed the two refusers to the other dragons or else I can't breed the other pair.

Edited by Pokemonfan13

This is where a little bit of extra work/organisation and Excel really shine.

I keep a spreadsheet of all my breeding attempts and the results.

Then if I need to do a search - ctrl+F in the open sheet to find all matches.

Format is something like this: NB: || indicates new column

Mothers name || Breed of Mother || Fathers name || Breed of Father || Result || Date

I'd also find this a bit frustrating. If you're finding this an issue though, maybe another page where it's more obvious would be helpful? smile.gif

??????

What system/browser/etc are you using? I click, hold, drag, and no matter where my cursor is on the screen it still is moving the bar as long as I'm still holding down the clicker. Any system that acts the way you describe (where you have to stay ON the bar for it to still work] would be extremely frustrating, and I'm surprised anyone would code it that way.

Which have refused only matters to me when I've got a situation where I'm trying to breed PB dragons [i only have 4 of each breed, 2 male, 2 female] and one pair refuses. I need to be sure that I breed the two refusers to the other dragons or else I can't breed the other pair.

It's a seven year old Gateway, vista, and FF, not exactly a prime setup, lol. My slide bar is the size of a pea when I'm on my breed page. I turn around to talk to the cat and my hand slides over and poof!

I don't have to be right on the slider, but I thought it was interesting you said yours would work from anywhere on the screen, mine most definitely doesn't. I just tried and if I move further than approx an inch to the left the slider goes back to the top of the page. It's easier to use the scroll wheel, but not the fastest thing in the world...

I'm thinking so far the end key seems like the best solution, not sure I'm organized enough to keep up with charts and such.

Hm. Ok, it does reset for me with about an inch of movement. I guess I didn't test it as far as I should have, but from you said I thought it was off the bar at all. But for me if I keep the clicker down and move the cursor back over it does the scrolling thing again. So if it works the same for you you could grab it at the top of the page, move your cursor as you like, and put it at the bottom of the page by the scrolling bar and POP you're at the bottom.

But there's also the "End" button. x3 Pops you down to the bottom without any fiddling with scroll bars at all. [i'm on a netbook with a minimalist keyboard, if I have an "end" yours certainly does]

Sorry I like them where they are. I want to see whom I can breed WITH - not the ones I can't.