7Deadly$ins

Pokemon X and Y

Hydreigon is my second worst Pokemon, yet she does so well against random good things xd.png The best part for me, is that my Malamar is a filler that I only really use to let Maddy set up (because she can't switch in on much) and she managed to KO two of your Pokemon

Hopefully I can get my full team completed soon, I'm only actually keeping one of the Pokemon on my current team

EDIT: and yeah, physical Hydreigon, it's pretty powerful. And it surprises people (I assume that's how I get most of my KOs, people expect Focus Blast and they get Earthquaked)

Edited by MasterWeavile898

Yeah, I chose her for her Speed and Special Defense. And her Special Attack is nice. Her HP is the only thing I wish was higher, but as long as she's facing a special attacker that's not a Ghost or Dark type (she tends to tank Dark Pulses and Shadow Balls when they aren't STAB) She can set up and sweep. Though Weavile and Talonflame stob her in her tracks (Likely physical Greninja too, but I have yet to face one of those)

Yea I have a bunch of weakness on my team, that some ppl can use masterfully (that was the one time I lost) Talonflame, (as it requires me to sacrifice my Charizard or bet my Malamar to defeat, brave bird OHKOs all my sweepers, and it cant be burnt) Tyranitar (Only when paired with Talonflame) Galvantula (Cant generally OHKO and outspeeds mosts of my team) Dragon Dance Dragonite (+1 Speed/Att outspeeds my whole team, and OHKOs my 3 sweepers, Starmie, Charizard, and Breloom) SpAtting Aegislash (my team is lacking in a special defender, unfortunately) Mega Mawhile (+2 Mega Mawhile OHKOs my sweepers with sucker punch, and both my walls are ghost types, my only counter to it is Malamar, and its a bet Pokemon, so it doesnt always work) And Im posting all my weaknesses, but that's okay, I want someone to uses them against me wink.gif

Edited by nicknick88

I think that if I could have set Maddy up sooner she could have swept you. But I couldn't get your Charizard to stay out long enough wink.gif

Welp, I'm gonna have a Tyranitar, but that's only a problem with Talonflame, so you should be safe from me

My team is going to largely be Dark types (Assault Vest Tyranitar, Contrary Superpower Malamar, and Mega Absol), a single Ghost type (Maddy 2.0), a Steel/Bug type (Bullet Punch Scizor or Forrtress), and likely a Water type (Tentacruel or something else bulky, depending on whether I do Forrtress or not)

I'm still testing out a Mega Mawile on my team. Getting used to what works and what doesn't. Dunno if i'll keep her though. but I need a different team anyways xd.png

Yeah, im rebuilding too, I cant begin to say how many times ive lost my Dusclops, Charizard, or Malamar to a dumb old Talonflame, so Im probably replacing trevanant, as I cant switch into him, he needs a free switch in, and i always use Pokemon like Maddy as a lead, when I see a lot of special attackers on a team, cuz of easy set up, when I battled Pika she had this awesome strategy with ninjask where she used substitute, and got speed boosted then baton passed, so everything she used outsped me (I still won lol) I bet you coulda won with that too.

I am going to have a team centered entirely around getting tons of boosts onto Maddy 2.0 with Baton Pass. But that's far in the future (Maybe not Maddy either, maybe something else. Something with more HP...)

Im starting to feel like Im the only one who thinks this but, does anyone else feel as though Special Attackers are much harder to deal with then Special Attackers, also Ive seen people baton pass boosts onto kingdra, and it has base 95 everything, it was so hard to beat, sweeped everything except my Dusclops I had went from 4 Pkmn left to 1 it was Dusclops v Kingdra, and Sylveon

1. Burn halves your attack, but not special attack

2. Will not hurt themselves as much when confused

3. Generally have higher speed than physical attackers

4. Not as many special, as physical walls

5. Typically get more diverse movesets

6. There are TONS more Pokemon with good defense than ones with special defense

Edited by nicknick88

2EXW-WWWW-WWW5-4QKP

I would disagree. It works on paper, and sometimes in-game. But a well set up Physical Sweeper is equally tough to beat as a well set up Special Sweeper (I almost tried to do a physical version of Maddy, but I wanted it to basically be my Y Mewtwo, but not an Uber. She performs almost equally well too, she just has more trouble with recovery during setup)

Lol the fact that you won with 2 Pokemon though, and also the noob didnt even have nuzzle on raichu, wasted his mega slot on Blaziken, and used blast burn with Charizard, LOL NON MEGA CHARIZARD, you were just so good, but also he was just so bad

Eh, he wasn't all that bad actually. Megaing Blaziken was smart. If my Charizard's Speed IV had been lower it would have outsped me and likely KOed Maddy 2.0 (Flare Blitz in sunlight on a physically frail sweeper? No)

And non-mega Charizard isn't actually all that bad, especially not against a UU Pokemon (Charizard is NU), though Blast Burn is bad. But in the sun with that high power... It did over half of Maddy's health after Calm Mind. But it did almost KO Maddy (Maddy fainting would have been the worst for me, she did all the work)

I've also encountered plenty of perfectly good players with Nuzzle-less Raichu

His real fatal mistake was Hydro Pumping Maddy instead of Charizard, had he KOed Charizard that early I would have lost (single Calm Mind Dazzling Gleam against two Fire types? I don't think so)

I won because his team was largely special attackers, and those two are both high in both special ranges. I got very lucky a couple times too (That Blast Burn had enough power to KO Maddy. But my Prayer of Fingers Overlapping to the RNG gods appears to have saved my ass)

EDIT: Not to mention that he seemed to detect that Maddy was pretty much everything in that battle, and as such, concentrated attacks on her. It backfired in the end when he couldn't KO her and Charizard was able to mop them up while they were distract. But it was still smart, albiet misguided (Maddy couldn't have taken him alone, so if he'd concentrated on Charizard instead he would have fared better)

Edited by MasterWeavile898

Lol, I still coulda have beat him easily, probably have swept his hole team with Charizard and Malamar, and I dont get how Raichu without nuzzle works, without that, Raichu is basically pointless. Nonmega Charizard, mmmmm what? Blaziken doesnt need a mega, protect, then speed boost, Charizard's defense are pitiful, might as well mega evolve it, give it a life orb or choice scarf, maybe, but it doesnt get the special defense boost, and either way its hindered. Still confused, as to why you'd use Raichu without nuzzle but I guess thats just me

Why would you use it with Nuzzle? Light Ball Pikachu is way better. What's the point of Raichu?

But actually, paralyzing your foe isn't always the best move if you can already outrun them and think you can OHKO them. It may have had Nuzzle and just thought he could KO me anywhales. But Nuzzle is only really any good on a set that requires paralysis

Ive almost lost by paralysis, on my charizard before, its like the 3rd best status effect. Raichu's base 100 speed, allows it to paralyze then OHKO most things, if you were to use it, but does not fair well in single battles, only double PhysAtt Raichu can beat even Tyranitar, but it better watch out for ground types Raichu isnt TOO bad of a Pokemon, but it's defense is what kills it, im vaguely sure it can learn Swords Dance, so that'd help.

Edited by nicknick88

Base 100 is good enough that it basically nullifies the use of Paralysis on a Sweeper. Anything that you would need it to outrun will outrun you anywhales. And the stuff you outrun you can OHKO without paralyzing them. Every now and then if you can't OHKO it and you get lucky then you can paralyze it and it won't hit you. But that's still pretty risky

Now if you're running a support Raichu (with like Light screen and stuffs) then yeah, you want Nuzzle

Paralysis is great, just not on a Sweeper

All this talk about Nuzzle reminds me of a funny battle I had while messing around in the current Special Rating battle. Went in with my Talonflame and Scizor (and a Modest Infiltrator Chandelure and a Shiny Modest Clawitzer because I couldn't use the rest of my current team for it). Started off with Talonflame and Chandelure... One of the Pokemon my opponent started out with was a Raichu, who then used Nuzzle on both of them. Yet somehow, despite that happening, I managed to win with just those two.

PRQG-WWWW-WWW4-KGJZ

Making steady progress with completing the dex. These Pokemon that evolve with stones and items, though... just makes it frustrating. Fire, Leaf, and Water stones are ok, because I can buy those cheaply.

I've got lots of plans for competitive battling after the dex, though. Can't wait to put 'em in action!

Nick, wanna battle tomorrow? My FC's in my sig if you do smile.gif

Edited by PieMaster

Gonna ask again since it's still just sitting on GTS but does anyone have a spare Turtwig? I got a spare Chimchar on GTS that no one has traded me for at this time. If it's still there by the time I get back anyone want to trade a Turtwig for it?

Gonna ask again since it's still just sitting on GTS but does anyone have a spare Turtwig? I got a spare Chimchar on GTS that no one has traded me for at this time. If it's still there by the time I get back anyone want to trade a Turtwig for it?

If you still need a Turtwig, I can breed you one tomorrow. (I need to go to bed now.) Just PM me your friend code. smile.gif

Base 100 is good enough that it basically nullifies the use of Paralysis on a Sweeper. Anything that you would need it to outrun will outrun you anywhales. And the stuff you outrun you can OHKO without paralyzing them. Every now and then if you can't OHKO it and you get lucky then you can paralyze it and it won't hit you. But that's still pretty risky

Now if you're running a support Raichu (with like Light screen and stuffs) then yeah, you want Nuzzle

Paralysis is great, just not on a Sweeper

No, but my arguement is that Raichu's defense is nowhere near high enough to take 1 hit, and its attack also no high enough to get OHKOs, I suppsed with a life orb or specs, but still if it cant OHKO it willl be OHKO'd, so nuzzle so it cant attack, is like a bet.

Well, if you can't OHKO anything then you should be running an offensive set at all. Shore base 90 isn't the best offenses, but it's not bad either. It's good enough to take out pretty much anything weak to it, unless that thing has high Special Defense (Charizard comes to mind...) And if you have a boost then you can get neutral KOs on frailer things

Furthermore, with the crappy defenses you're so fond of mentioning, Raichu pretty much has to run as a Sweeper. There is no possible way Nuzzle could ever improve it in any way. Unless you feel like running a support set (yes, I'm contradicting my earlier statement about having to be a Sweeper), which can take advantage of that relatively high Speed

If you're not going to OHKO me and I'm going to OHKO you, you should be switching out, not paralyzing me and hoping you get lucky (A %25 chance of you not getting KOed vs. Your shot to switch in something that will beat me)

Basically, you're saying that Jolteon should always have Thunder Wave (Emphasis on always, Thunder Wave Jolteon is really amazing about %25 percent of the time)

That as a fun battle, Nick! I shouldn't have used surf with Greninja--shoulda expected solar beam--but I still managed to win tongue.gif I'd love to battle again sometime smile.gif

Edit: Whoops, meant to accept, Weavile! Please resend?

Edited by PieMaster

Ah damn. Under normal circumstances a X Mewtwo would be nothing to me. But in a double battle, where I might be getting two attacks on me? No way

(I didn't even realize it would be an X, he didn't mega last time when we were teamed. If he had I would have attacked him with Tyranitar)