TJ09

2012-10-30 - Halloween Update

Well it is nice to have another few days to catch old halloweens before the new release, but even with the 'reduced traffic' I still can't catch a darn thing today, the cave is as laggy as ever, and there are 'only' 1000+ people on. laugh.gif

I do hope players have some luck for zombies though. One way or another, tonight's the night for those since tomorrow mid day it will be too late for me. -crosses fingers-

Thanks, TJ. I'm not affected by the storm, but it's good to know DC is looking out for ALL its members.

Hoping everyone is staying safe and warm.

Although I'm disappointed (Tomorrow would have been a primo egg-hunting day for me. xd.png Off work and with no pressing plans! Whereas on Saturday I'll be juggling NaNo, work, and other plans. Ugh.) I understand TJ's choice here. I appreciate that he's thinking of the people who just went through Sandy and is trying to help in what way he can. He wants to help give the people up north something to look forward to after their ordeal, and I respect him for that. Am I disappointed? Definitely. I'm no saint, it's a bummer when something I was excited for gets moved to a less-optimal time. But I'll live. It isn't the end of the world. And having been through tons of hurricanes, even something as goofy as getting a chance for holiday dragon eggs when you thought nature would make you have to miss it can be really helpful on the psyche.

And Halloween dragons have no limit, so next year there will surely be tons of 2nd gen ones around for people who had to miss them this year. I missed the Pumpkins and Snow Angels releases, and still managed to get low-gens of them the next year around.

Edited by PuzzleChick

What real-world time zone is the DC time zone? And what time does Halloween/zombie window start in DC time? I need to know so I can convert it to my time and find out when I can start reviving my dead dragons. smile.gif

Edited by Keekeecat

i'm going to just state my feelings. i haven't done anything special to be off tomorrow. i haven't asked for time off from work or anything. but that doesn't change the fact i've been looking foward to tomorrow for a month at the very least.

i'm not heartless. i'm nervous for the people in the targetted states, and i'm worried/scared for the people in my boyfriends home state of North Carolina. he has family there, family i've met and love as my own. i would hate for anything bad to happen to them.

but i agree. pushing back the release is a generous and warm gesture, but in the end rather...meaningless. what if peoples power is out until mid-november? they will have missed the date anyway. and they probably won't have internet if they have power. maybe internet towers have been destroyed or something. and i agree that they'd be more focused on rebuilding than the chance of getting a holiday egg. i live in Florida. we're known for getting hit by hurricanes for some reason. if i were in that scenario, i would look online when i got the chance, probably feel a bit sad at missing the release but move on.

i still am in favor of the two release dates. one now for people who planned, and one later for people who had to endure sandy. hell, do a password thing! people catch eggs regularly tomorrow, then people can send a pm for a password to allow them into a special biome for halloween releases on a seperate day. it'd allow for the months of planning and tested needed while people get their lives back in order. and it could be implemented for say a week or so. that's just my idea anyway.

Please stop calling people you have never met selfish. I don't know why people might want their power back--keeping food from spoiling and keeping their families warm comes to mind--but blaming and shaming random people who aren't even here to defend themselves isn't helping.

Please, if you have to rant, do it elsewhere.

I know why people want to have theyr power back as i know how it is without it, but to compare the ones that are without power and the ones that lost everything is silly. You can go to your nearest makeshift shelter and ask all the sad people there if they wuld rather be without power or without all that they have lost and i`m sure all will say that they wuld rather be in cold at home than in a makeshift shelter without anything.

DC and TJ are on the East Coast. Though DC's not down, it's possible that TJ has bigger things to worry about right now than keeping the site up and steady during a massive holiday slam. Like checking in on his own family and friends and making sure everyone's OK.

This whole thread brings back the mortifying memory of arguing with my parents that I'd had these concert tickets for months, and attending my great-grandmother's funeral instead would be a meaningless gesture. Perspective, folks!

Can we please just cancel it? It's not a Halloween drop if it's not on Halloween, so what's the point?

Best whishes from Germany (me) to all who are affected by Sandy. I´m watching all these horrible pictures in the german news and my heart is going with those who are affected.

For me TJ´s decision is very sympathetic and I totally understand it.

So I will be waiting till Saturday or whenever the release is coming.

What real-world time zone is the DC time zone? And what time does Halloween/zombie window start in DC time? I need to know so I can convert it to my time and find out when I can start reviving my dead dragons. smile.gif

DC time is Eastern Standard Time (USA) and midnight is just about an hour and 10 minutes away. That should be the beginning of the zombie creation window.

I did not say it is so easy, but if it wuld be so hard as you say it than the postponed date wuld not be so easy to make, and for the second dropp date you wuld use same lines as you are telling the game to drop same thing, only on another date, i know a bit about codeing, and i`m sure that TJ will only replace the lines that tell the game what eggs are droped with the lines to drop 2012 Halloween eggs, and this can be done at any time he wishes to do so, and adding limit to new dragons shuld not be so hard as all the new releses have theyr own code that tells the game everithing needed for the breed, and insted of unlimited amount pers scrole you replace it with the line that says only X amount of dragons.

Ok, you know it all, sorry. I'm 65 years old and have been building websites from scratch for almost a dozen years, so I guess I'm stupid and don't know anything.

But since you know it all, how about taking some time to check your posts before your send them. Your spelling is worse than mine.

I'm not going to answer any more posts tonight, I'm losing my temper and don't want to get myself kicked out of the game.

Can we please just cancel it? It's not a Halloween drop if it's not on Halloween, so what's the point?

And let all the work the spriters and coders did on that dragon? Are you kidding me?

Think about what you are saying, woman.