StarSea

Warriors: The Beginning OOC

Mistfall joined the other deputies at the base of the Great Rock, giving a nod in Greetings to Galeheart, Fallenvoice and Lightningstreak. Then she pricked her ears to listen to what the leaders were going to say.

---

((Wait, did Nightstar call for quiet yet?))

Leafstar nodded to Nightstar, taking a step forwards.

"Everything is good in Thunderclan and we are coping well with the recent snowfall. The snow has not effected us," she announced, "We also have a new warrior. Icefire is sitting vigil at camp tonight. She is a great addition to our clan."

At this, she cast a glance at the other leaders as if daring anyone who figured out that Icefire was a completely new cat to challenge her. Then she sat back down, mentioning for the other leaders to give their news.

Galeheart looked up sharply. What? A new warrior? But I've never heard of a cat called Icepaw in Thunderclan... Galeheart turned his head towards Pigeonstar with narrowed eyes. ...What if that new 'warrior', Icefire...what if she's actually acquainted with rogues or loners? And then she might spread crazy rumors, like we eat bones or something. How ugly would that get? "No way..." He hissed in a low voice, almost in protest.

Silentpaw eyed Leafstar. "..." He was having doubts about this so called new warrior. Silentpaw looked around; some other cats seem to have similar thoughts. But it wasn't his place to speak out in front of the four leaders. Perhaps some other cat will bring out some questions. "..."

Sunpaw eyed the other cats with narrowed eyes. "I think that Icefire is a loyal cat!" He mewed loudly. "There is a reason why she can be trusted!"

"Oh?" Silentpaw walked up to Sunpaw. "Would you tell us that reason?"

Sunpaw looked away, ears flattened. It was that creepy cat...the one that almost never talked. "Um..." He looked around at the other cats.

Got some catching up to do...

Mountainmist walked up and cuffed Sunpaw on the head. "You don't know when to shut up, do you?" She huffed, trying to keep her voice low. "You can't just blab information to other cats. You just told the other cats that Icefire is not from our clan." Then she turned her eyes to Silentpaw. He was a lot different than Sunpaw. Her eyes narrowed.

Coldstorm looked up at Leafstar. "So, Thunderclan just accepted a rogue? As expected, Leafstar is a pretty soft leader."

Pigeonstar stood, a harsh glare scanning the cats, as if telling them to shut their mouths. "Tonight is not a night for fighting," she scolded the few that spoke out against Leafstar's new warrior and decision. She then chanted "Icefire! Icefire!", as one normally would when welcoming a new warrior or apprentice. Figuring she'd have to go next after having started to speak, she took a step forward, ready to rally off the things going on in WindClan.

Lunapaw chanted along with Pigeonstar, though she had her doubts, "Icefire! Icefire!"

Moonpaw sat down next to her brother and also chanted, "Icefire! Icefire!"

Spirit could hear the cats yowling in the hollow as she tried to get some sleep. She groaned and rolled over.

Rennoshin walked along the river, wondering if Spirit was all right.

((And no, Soiled, I will not be making all 42 siblings. But I might make a few more since I don't have enough to work with. tongue.gif If the others don't mind, of course.))

"..." Silentpaw turned around with narrowed eyes. The moment of hostility has passed, but he still didn’t chant for Icefire. He dipped his head briefly to Mountainmist before turning around and padding back into the crowd.

Galeheart didn’t chant; he was too busy pondering. I wonder why Pigeonstar is being so friendly. It is the gathering, and I suppose that I should have more faith in Thunderclan. But then again, I find it pretty suspicious. There had been numerous rogues popping around the area, I hope Thunderclan didn’t make a wrong decision on that one…this might be our last piece of fresh kill… Then, finally, Galeheart turned his attention back onto the leaders.

“Geeze.” Sunpaw mewed.

"Thank you Pigeonstar, but allow me to speak a bit longer," Leafstar said, waiting for the cats to quieten down. When they had, she spoke again, "Icefire is a loyal cat, and she knows of our ways. She has helped one of our apprentices, defeating a few rogues and she has always longed to join the clans, from what I've heard. I will not tolerate any cat speaking bad of one of our warriors because they were not originally from the clans. Most of the cats gathered here tonight were not originally from the clans, many of our parents were not! That gives you no right to question my choices of letting Icefire join. Thunderclan is still strong and there are things we can learn from outsiders. We do not know everything," she declared, eyes shining and daring any cat to challenge her.

She gave a nod to Pigeonstar with a softer look and sat back down.

Galeheart narrowed his eyes before speaking. "Everything may have been a ploy. Rogues might have planned to set up this little show, convincing the leader to let 'Icefire' join to gather more information on the clans. I have no evidence to support this claim, but it’s true that there were suspicious scents of cats around the borders lately.”

Moonpaw muttered to Sunpaw. "True enough. Remember that rogue I scented near here?"

@TE: Do you mean Galeheart? blink.gif

~~~~

Robintail excitedly paced around, before finding a place to sit. Upon hearing his new clanmate's name get chanted, he enthusiastically joined in. He hoped that Icefire would feel the words of encouragement, even if they were from a distance.

---

Crystaldrop also took up the chant, although it was mechanical and had no feeling to it.

~~~~

I just realized, three of the clans have female leaders lol. That's the opposite of the books where Riverclan has the only female leader. Our Riverclan has a male leader tongue.gif

Suspicions or not, Galeheart, it is not for us to decide. That is Leafstar's choice and her choice alone based on what she believes is right for her clan. If you recall correctly, Galeheart, I was of a different clan before Shadowclan..." Galeheart was not her deputy but he was a deputy for a reason. Pigeonstar had most likely not chosen him for his paranoid personality but for something she saw in him. "Let us put this matter to rest now. Starclan will not approve of any battles breaking out tonight because of it."

Leafstar then signaled for Pigeonstar to speak and the Shadowclan leader turned her attention to Windclan's leader.

---

Dusteye frowned slightly, keeping his voice low for only Hazelpaw. "No. I think Oakpaw will be alright. Fawnlily's skills as a medicine cat are too good for him to die." At least, I hope so.

Edited by Narvix

"Very well." Galeheart bowed his head. Then he looked up at the sky. Oh well, at least I gave my opinion. The rest will have to be handled in Thunderclan… He frowned as a bunch of thoughts raced into his mind again. But…those rogues…they’re attacking more recently, they have to have a goal… Galeheart shook his head. I’ll think of that later. Right now…the Gathering! He turned towards Pigeonstar, blinking.

“Yeah…but Icefire won’t betray us…” Sunpaw mewed. Then, he added, “I think…”

[42 siblings? O_o What? *missing something here*]

"Hello, Mistfall," Lightningstreak greeted the RiverClan deputy quietly as she joined the others at the foot of the Great Rock. Lightningstreak listened as Leafstar gave her report, and there was a mention of a new warrior, Icefire. Interesting... the deputy couldn't recall a ThunderClan apprentice named Icepaw, and Icefire was somewhat of a strange warrior name. Her green eyes narrowed. Was it possible - ? The ShadowClan deputy's ears pricked as she heard murmurs and hisses among the other cats. Yes, Icefire definitely had not belonged to ThunderClan before now. Lightningstreak's tail-tip twitched, her neck fur rising as she anticipated not-so-good reactions to this piece of news.

Starlingleaf winced as Leafstar announced the new addition to the Clan. She could hear other cats protesting quietly, and many seemed ready to yowl their disapproval. Then Sunpaw, apparently unable to control his tongue, burst out in defense of Icefire. While Starlingleaf was ready to fend off any cats displeased by this new addition, she didn't think any cat would be stupid enough to just face it like this... Mountainmist cuffed Sunpaw on the ear and while she spoke quietly, Starlingleaf could tell that Sunpaw's mentor was chastising him. Oh, this just kept getting worse and worse. An apprentice speaking out at the wrong time during a Gathering, and then being scolded in front of every cat... and was that Coldstorm's voice, dripping with disapproval?

Luckily, Pigeonstar was clear-minded enough to step forward and calm the cats. She began chanting Icefire's name as usual when a new warrior was announced, and, relieved, Starlingleaf joined in. "Icefire! Icefire!" Hopefully this new announcement wouldn't cause any problems within the Clans. Icefire was, as Sunpaw had said, to be trusted, and now they just had to prove it to the other three Clans.

Silverbreeze bared her teeth and sprang to her paws as it was revealed that ThunderClan had accepted a loner into the Clan. She gave a hiss of disapproval - that Leafstar was such a mouse-brain and softy, letting pretty much any cat into the Clan. When Pigeonstar began chanting, Silverbreeze refused to join in, and she realized that many other cats refused to also. So what if this Icefire had saved Sunpaw? Galeheart was right; it may very well have been something set up for the rogues. Leafstar had made a wrong decision; by taking in Icefire, she was endangering all of the Clans. Silverbreeze wouldn't do anything about it, though, not tonight. She flicked her tail and settled back down to listen to Pigeonstar speak.

Hazelpaw was rather unaware of what was going on - she had ears only for news of Oakpaw and his recent injury. Dusteye reassured the apprentice that her friend would be all right, that Fawnlily's skills would be more than enough to ensure his recovery. "Oh, I hope so," Hazelpaw murmured, wrapping her tail tightly around her paws. Poor Oakpaw. She wished with all her heart that he were here today, next to her, his fur brushing against hers. He would want to know everything that was going on... wait. Hazelpaw blinked. She could tell him everything! But she hadn't been paying attention... oh well, starting now, she would try and focus so that she could tell Oakpaw everything that happened at the Gathering.

Right now, the cats were all cheering for some cat named 'Icefire.' Hazelpaw joined in with her own cries of "Icefire! Icefire!" and soon realized that it was a new addition to ThunderClan, a loner that many cats had their suspicion about. Listening to Leafstar, Hazelpaw thought that Icefire was to be trusted, but it seemed that the other cats didn't think so. Oh, well. Wasn't it ThunderClan's choice, anyway, if they wanted to let suspicious cats into the Clan? Hazelpaw didn't see anything wrong with it, but the hostility scared her. She wrapped her tail tighter around her paws and breathed a sigh of relief as Leafstar stepped back for Pigeonstar.

Pigeonstar raised her voice, making sure all cats at the gathering could hear her as she announced her son's apprenticeship. "WindClan is well and thriving, proudly gaining a new addition to the apprentice den. Oakkit is now Oakpaw," she paused for a moment, waiting to see if anyone questions Oakpaw's whereabouts. "To my dismay, he was not able to make it to his first gathering. He's been injured, and so Fawnlily has stayed behind to tend to him." Not wanting to say too much, she kept the part about the injury being from a poisonous snake out of her announcement. "WindClan too has been finding unusual scents on our territory, and remains of stolen prey."

(Derp me if I did something wrong. xd.png I'm very tired right now- Just worked for the past 8 hours or so doing an open house and there were a ton of people there!)

Hazelpaw smiled as her leader stepped forward and started the WindClan report. Her heart gave a pang as she mentioned Oakpaw's name and his recent injury. Oakpaw should be here, Hazelpaw thought, sadly. Well, it doesn't matter, he should still be acknowledged by the Clans as a new apprentice. Boldly, Hazelpaw sat up straight and meowed her Clanmate's name loudly as the Clans had done for her when she had become an apprentice and as they had done for Icefire moments before. "Oakpaw! Oakpaw!" Hazelpaw feared that she had done something wrong, but then a few other cats chimed in, and she smiled, pleased and relieved.

Once Pigeonstar announced a new apprentice, Nightstar joined in the chant of Oakpaw's name along with the rest of the Gathering. As Windclan's leader sat back, she stepped forward. "Not much is happening within Shadowclan. Prey was plentiful during the season and, despite the light snowfall earlier today, has yet to disappear into burrows. Shadowclan's warriors are strong and healthy and our territory remains undisturbed." Stepping back, she motioned to Blizzardstar for his turn to speak.

Galeheart shot a glance of approval at Hazelpaw as she started cheering for Oakpaw. Then he pricked his ears warily as Nightstar told of no rogues. Oh, how lucky. What if Nightstar is actually plotting the destruction of the clan with them? …Nah. Nightstar isn't that type of cat. Galeheart shook his head multiple times then looked up again at the leaders.

Sunpaw followed in the cheering of Oakpaw. It was very interesting, hearing the reports of other clans. He was still a bit frustrated that not all cats trusted Icefire, though.

Mistfall had been thoughtful when Leafstar had mentioned 'Icefire'. She thought that no leader would turn down a promising warrior, but it was true that it suspicious. Thinking deeply, she almost missed the chanting for Oakpaw, but quickly joined in and listened to Nightstar. Shadowclan didn't seem to have much interesting news and she wondered what Blizzardstar would say.

Leafstar narrowed her eyes at the cats below as she listened to the other leaders give their news and cheered enthusiastically for Oakpaw. She was getting a bit moody. She knew how Icefire felt the moment she looked into the young cat's eyes. It seemed to her as if Icefire was a cat that hadn't let her feelings show for a long time and had to let it out then. Icefire's eyes had shone with the same happiness as she had felt when the clan had accepted her as deputy, then leader.

@GGG: Wut?

@Stunning: It's...complex. Ask Soiled. She'll explain. I made a family with 42 people in it and no parents. They're all sworn brothers/sisters.

Blizzardstar climbed up the rock. Pidgeonstar was speaking. He resisted the urge to jump off and yell, WE'RE LATE! He noticed it was his time to speak. " Nothing much has happened in RiverClan, the river is full of fish. One of our apprentices, Lunapaw, found a kit named Sky. We now name him Skykit." He anounced.

~~~

Twistedpaw limped next to Silentpaw, and looked at the Great Rock. Blizzardstar was speaking. When he mentioned Sky, he was about to retort, but then, a kit. You cant hurt one, could you? So he chanted, " Skykit! Skykit!"

What? No way, another one? This time, it's a kit...I guess I can't do any harm... Galeheart still was hesitant. A cruel cat would use anything, even a kit. He shrugged, then called out along with the others.

"..." Silentpaw gazed up at the leader.

"Skykit!" Sunpaw cheered along. Icefire wasn't the only one after all.

Mistfall called out enthusiastically for the new kit. Giving Galeheart an annoyed look when he hesitated. None of this had anything to do with his clan. Why did he care if another clan recruited a danger to them.

Leafstar joined in with the cheering.

Edited by SoiledLove

"Skykit!" chanted Robintail. Really, he was just happy for any clan that took in extra cats. Or he was just happy. Robintail tended to be like that during gatherings.

Galeheart returned Mistfall's annoyed look with a calm glance. He immediately stopped cheering and continued to eye Mistfall, a cold look seeping into his eyes. Then, with one blink, it cleared all away.

Sunpaw slowly stopped cheering. He grinned at Moonpaw. "There has been a lot more recruits lately. We'll have to show the other clans how strong we are."

“That’s right.” Mountainmist gave a glance of approval to her apprentice. “There have been a lot of rogues around our area, too. We’ll have to put up some keen patrols. If we ever encountered a rogue, you’ll have to fight, Sunpaw. From now on, we’ll have more hunting sessions.”

“Hmph. So Blizzardstar is also allowing rogues and loners to join? A disappointment.” Coldstorm flicked his tail in distain, eyes narrowing. (I didn’t get the chance to tell this to Blizzardstar, because Girlfairy was inactive. A rogue attacked Coldstorm. Now that I mention it, he didn’t check the medicine cat for his wounds, either. xd.png) “Tch. The next time that rogues come…” He grumbled. “Some coward…”