Skellybones

Amber Eyes - Accepting

Yindol laughed. "You don't even know, do you?" she asked, a smile working across her face again. "Look at yourself. Do you not feel different? Do you not crave meat? This happens to us every month. You know what? I think I remember you. Lots of screaming." Yindol gestured behind her. "How about you come with me? Your parents probably think you're missing or dead. Why don't you come with me and I'll show you you are a werewolf. But then, why should you trust a stange 20-year old? You won't be trusting a 20-year old. You'll be trusting a 143-year old." Yindol rested her hand on Isa's shoulder. "And who said you wern't coming with me?" She began walking, waiting to see if the small girl would follow.

Bored, Anaya got to her feet and went for a walk. She ghosted through the trees, skilled as any hunter. Well, she did live on her own as a werewolf for quite some time. However, the sound of talking met her ears. She carefully worked her way through the undergrowth until she reached the source of the noise. It was Yindol speaking to a young girl. Anaya stood in the shadows to listen, knowing if the girl was human she would not notice her.

((It's Iva now, not Isa biggrin.gif Name change))

"Hmph. Don't think you can fool me! Who said I'll go with you?" Iva asked, flicking her blonde hair behind her shoulder. Now that this other person mentioned it, she did feel different, kind of weird, but she ignored the feeling. Suddenly, she got the strange feeling of being watched. Eyes moving to look at where Anaya was, she called, "Who's there?"

Yindol grinned. "As I said, you're on our territory. Do you think you have gone unnoticed?" Yindol's temper was rising, her wolfish instincts settling, overriding her human ones. "Golten!" she called, hoping this would be enough to catch the alpha male's attention.

-------------------------------------

Golten raised his head, his senses sharpening, his hearing turning into the call. He smiled apolageticly to Cherry. "I must go, Yindol has found something." With a nod to the alpha female, Golten jumped, landing with a thud at the bottom of the hill. It was a steep climb and Golten was feeling the need to run. So he did. Even as a human, Golten could run fast. Lycanthropy just made werewolves go faster. Especially with the full moon. Seeing two figures standing fairly close together, Golten stopped, autunm leaves causing him to skid slightly. He looked at the two wolves, one, a female easily identifyable as Yindol, and the other a 9-year old girl. "Ah, I see you found last moon's hunt..." he exclaimed. His mind seemed elsewhere, however.

Cherry gave Golten a nod and watched him go with a sad sigh.

"Sometimes, I just wish..."

---

"How was I meant to know who's territory I am on an-" Iva was cut off as she heard another approaching. She flinched at the sight of the new person and took a wary step back. "Another one...?" she asked herself. People were so annoying sometimes.

Golten smiled at the young child. "Another one indeed." He replied, examining the girl carefully. "Yes... I remember you. Wanderinginto the forest in the dark? Very bad idea. Even more so during full moon." He glanced at Yindol. "I take it Yindol has explained that we do not take kindly to visitors? I'm Golten. The alpha male of this pack." He grinned. "I launched the attack on you."

Yindol rolled her eyes, her normal annoyance from the alpha male sparked inside her. She could remember when he came for her. Of course, he wasn't alpha male then. His father was still alive. "I was just explaining to the... pup... that she must come with us, or risk exposing us all. And we can't allow that."

Anaya was surprised the girl had spotted her. Another one... she thought to herself. Stepping out of the tree line she said, "Listen to her. Whether or not you like it or believe us, you are one of us. If you do not join us, the humans will do worse than kill you." He voice was steady and flat toned, but did not have any aggression. After all, she was a child.

Golten nodded in agreement. "I think we might have some... vacancies that need filling..." he shot a meaningful look to Yindol who scowled.

Yindol sighed. "I suppose I need a few more hunters..." She muttered, her head hanging low like a guilty puppy. "Just don't expect me to be nice..."

"What are you weird people talking about!? I'm off," Iva said, not understanding what they were saying and beginning to walk off.

---

Raven was really bored now. He got up and went into the police office. When he got out, he had a gun with him.

Yindol raised an eyebrow, before walking forward and resting her hands on the girl's shoulders. She dug in her nails, which now were pretty sharp, coming close to claws. She held the girl still. "Don't move a muscle." She growled. "We arn't going to leave you unless you either join us, or leave. Forever. We can't risk you unveiling our race. And then, if you do leave, chances are you're going to be killed." She smiled sweetly. "Live or die. The choice is yours."

Iva flinched and bit her lip at the feeling of pain. Then she started to cry again, with real tears this time. She wasn't a crybaby or a scaredycat. Anyone would cry when they were in pain.

---

Iva's crying had caught Cherry's attention. She turned towards the source, hoping that everything was okay.

"You see? I wouldn't be able to do this if I were human now, would I? In a weeks time, all four of us here will be wolfish creatures that like to kill." Yindol showed no sign of stopping, her voice was harsh and her face didn't betray her emoticons. "So I will ask you again. Will you join us? Or will you not? The pain the humans will inflict on you will be greater then this. Much greater. So much more powerful you will wish you were dead. Does that sound fun?"

Golten watched Yindol carefully. She may not be his mate, but Golten knew when his hunter was annoyed. "Yindol..." he warned, after she had finished talking. "That's enough."

Yindol sighed, and released her grip on Iva's shoulders.

Anaya angrily sulked back into the shadows. Everyone was ignoring her. She suddenly didn't care is they killed the girl or not. Besides, she could feel her limbs reshaping already.

"Anaya. Where are you scampering off to?" Golten asked, his voice calm. He didn't even glance in the Warrior's direction. "You might have a new recruit, it's nealy full moon and I really don't want you to feel left out. We're a pack." His eyes were now the colour of them as a wolf, and his ankles seemed higher in his shoes then they should be if he were human.

((So, here is the list of things that normally happen for wolves whilst transforming:

1) Eyes change colour

2) Nails turn to claws

3) Ankles begin to lengthen

4) Snout begins to appear

5) Ears become more pointed

6) Speech becomes harder, so this is normally when wolves switch to growling, snarling and body language

7) The rest, normally on the last day of being wolf/human

This stuff can happenn in any order (Appart from the last step) at any pace. But if it all happens quicker, the werewolf will spend more time as a hybrid.))

Coming back into view, Anaya said flatly, "I can hardly see this one as a Warrior. She cannot tolerate any pain by the looks of it." Her green eyes flashed at the word pain. The rouge werewolf that had bitten her all those years ago had certainly made sure not to leave that aspect out of the attack.

Golten shrugged. "A wolf can become anything if he or she puts their mind to it. If you go back to when my mother and father were still alive, I would have never seen myself as the alpha of this pack." He sighed sadly. "Don't just neglect a pup if you don't think they've got it in them. If they want to be something, you help them work towards that."

Tone softening Anaya asked, "So would you like me to train her?" She was surprised at what her alpha saw in the pup. Worry still filled her mind at how the young girl would tolerate her first transformation. It wouldn't matter if she didn't come to her senses and join them.

Edited by Moonbeam22

Golten smiled, turning to Anaya. "That depends entirely on whether she joins us and if she wants to. She might want to heal, for instance..." He turned back towards the girl. "So. What do you choose to do?"

Iva eyed these people carefully, all of a sudden not crying any more. "You want me to join this... Pack thing?" she asked warily, "Why would humans hurt me anyways?"

"Well, if you would rather join then die, but that is your choice." Golten replied, his voice gentler. "Humans will hurt many things if they are different from them. Especially the things which know better then them." Golten smiled, knowing the pup was coming close to a decision.

"But..." she trialed off. She was pretty sure she could sense someone else coming closer. Looking around nervously, she wondered if this was another friend of these... 'werewolves', but something was different. This one didn't seem 'wild' enough.

---

Raven was in the forest by now. He had decided to do some hunting on his own. He dodged trees and jumped logs as he ran towards the place where he smelled those of his own kind. His eyes had already changed color and his nails were claw-like. His senses were sharpened by the transformation and his teeth, too.

Golten raised his head, growling. "Everybody, enemy wolf. Get back now!" He bellowed, running forward into the trees. He kicked his shoes off, the more wolf he became the harder it was to walk or run in shoes. He ran almost silently, flowing his nose and senses.

Yindol reacted instantly on Golten's command, scooping up the pup in her arms and running towards the pack grounds. "Stay calm, don't speak and just do what I tell you." Yindol told the pup through gritted teeth. "That wolf is from the police, a trained dog. We stay away from them, they try to capture us, confine us, take away our freedom."

Iva was shocked when they suddenly took off running. For a moment she was frozen.

"Police? Then aren't they good people?" she asked after regaining her voice.

---

Raven followed the scent of the wolves. He smelled something weird. Almost human. Looks like there was a new wolf. He had transformed almost as much as Golten now and licked his shoes off as well.

((Wait... licked his shoes off O.o Awesome typo xd.png))

Golten stalked through the trees, picking out the dog easily. He narrowed his eyes. This one was transforming, too. "Come out, come out, wherever you are..." He called through the forest. "I know this forest better then you. There is no point in hiding..."

Yindol snorted, glancing down at the pup she was carrying. "Not when you're a werewolf. If you are anything else, sure, they're wonderful. But as a werewolf? No." She paused. "They capture us and train us, taming us like dogs."