Skellybones

Amber Eyes - Accepting

((Denied and Accepted xd.png In the order that they were posted. Check the first post to find out what you are missing.))

Arianna closed her eyes as she felt the last of her change rippling up her spine. When she opened them again she was in her wolf form. Looking around she enjoyed the feeling of the ground under her paws and the smells that were so much sharper in this form. Standing, she padded her way silently through the forest back toward the rest of the pack, looking forward to running with her brothers and sisters. That was what she loved most about being a wolf, the rush of wind as she ran through the forest, the fierce joy and wonderful feeling of freedom as the ground and trees flowed past her. Though she rarely went with the pack for the full hunt, she often ran with them for awhile before turning back to the base. She knew too well the dangers of the police, and liked to be ready, even in her wolf form, to tend to whatever injuries she might be needed for. Not that it bothered her, she loved the quiet silence of the camp, the company of the omegas as she silently moved through the infirmary, dragging things where she needed them in her teeth and getting medicines ready in bowls that she could pick up in her teeth if they were needed.

Abruptly she came up short. With a quiet growl she slowly stalked into the base, the scent of strangers filling her nostrils. Slinking around the back of the nearest building she peered around to see a very small puppy following Anaya into the trees. So that one was under control. She still smelled another though, and could see Lilith taking a threatening pose near the edge of the base, but could not see the newcomer. Moving around the base she reached a building with a better position to the action and peeked around to see a young woman, half transformed being confronted. Judging that the others had the situation under control for the moment, she began calculating what her best strategy would be in the event the woman was hostile, and tallying what medicines she had available in case someone was hurt. She decided that the others would be able to handle one small intruder, and made her way toward the infirmary to begin laying out her supplies.

((Sounds fun!

Forum Name: CoughingCanary

Character Name: Merridew

Race: Werewolf

Role: Newly bitten/Omega

Appearance: Red hair down to her shoulders, 5 foot 3 inches, green eyes, thin

Appearance in wolf form: Soft dark red fur, 6 foot 5 inches, dark green eyes, sharp teeth, short claws

Personality: (Can be RP'ed) RP'ed

History: (Can be RP'ed) RP'ed

Other: Werewolves rule))

((Accepted! Although, would you like to be with the pack already or...?))

Golten sat next to Cherry, a feral feeling of pride rising inside him. He had fought for his position, as had he fought for his mate. They may be civilized creatures, but they still fought for mates. A female would choose her male from their fighting standards. Whether he could fight well. Every year, all young wolves looking for some sort of female companion would fight for one. This didn't happen often, however, as tradition was only for the alphas to have a mate.

((Forum Name: Sweet_Wyvern

Character Name: Tony Grafton

Role: Beta male?

((Do the betas have to be mates/in a relationship? ))

Appearance:

http://celebs.amerikanki.com/wp-content/up...e-young-man.jpg

Appearance in wolf form: muscular russet wolf, thick fur and a lighter tan under coloring. Built for fighting, not running.

Personality: RP'ed

History: Since it doesn't make sense for the beta male to have been gone for so long, I figured he could be returning from a trip to find a run away or something and just couldn't find them or found and killed them. Before that, he was bitten and overly enthusiastic to join up with the pack. He actually thought it was pretty cool, and fit right into pack life.

Other: Werewolves rule happy.gif

))

((Sweet_Wyvern, that is the most totally awesome avatar I have seen in my life... blink.gif ))

Anaya was glad that she was so far ahead of the pup. It was time to test her. Warrior or not, Iva needed to be able to defend herself. The black werewolf carefully nestled into a large rocky mound so that she disappeared completely. Her muscles were tense as she waited to attack. She would not hurt her, but she would still give the young wolf a challenge.

The large, black and terribly thin wolf stalked around the police station. He was Raven, of course, and he suddenly wondered why they didn't call him the Grim instead. His a-bit-too-long-for-a-wolf fangs were bared as he ripped apart a straw dummy that was there for training purposes. Then he went outside. This was usually forbidden for other police wolves as most couldn't control themselves, but he was different. They allowed him to come and go as he pleased.

---

Cerasus leaned against Golten slightly. He was a great fighter and she had been happy to become his mate, but she, of course, didn't only like one for how one could fight. There were other reasons she chose him.

---

Iva ran faster as she picked up Anaya's scent trail and slowed as the scent got stronger. She knew that Anaya was here somewhere, but couldn't see her at all. She knew that for humans, hiding out of sight would be to ambush someone, and she didn't want to get hurt. Stopping a few meters away from where she thought Anaya was, she gave a bark to tell Anaya she was here.

((Forum Name: Sweet_Wyvern

Character Name: Tony Grafton

Role: Beta male?

((Do the betas have to be mates/in a relationship? ))

Appearance:

http://celebs.amerikanki.com/wp-content/up...e-young-man.jpg

Appearance in wolf form: muscular russet wolf, thick fur and a lighter tan under coloring. Built for fighting, not running.

Personality: RP'ed

History: Since it doesn't make sense for the beta male to have been gone for so long, I figured he could be returning from a trip to find a run away or something and just couldn't find them or found and killed them. Before that, he was bitten and overly enthusiastic to join up with the pack. He actually thought it was pretty cool, and fit right into pack life.

Other: Werewolves rule happy.gif

))

((Accepted! Betas don't have to be in any sort of relationship, although they quite often are. And it's fine for your character to be coming back from some sort of trip xd.png))

((Why thank you Moon xd.png and I just figured he needed an excuse as to why the beta had been gone for so long))

A large russet wolf pressed his nose to the ground, sniffing at the dirt and grappling for the scents he was looking for. It had been a while since he was here, so naturally he was having a little trouble. Pausing, he parted his jaws to taste the air better and froze when he heard a bark. Golten's pack? Had to be. Tony took a few steps forward, announcing his arrival with a low rumbling woof. After all, he couldn't just waltz into the middle of them without getting his ears ripped off. Coming closer still, he cocked his head to one side to listen for any other sounds of the pack.

Golten raised his muzzle, catching a familiar sent and hearing a distinct woof. He nuzzled Cherry, as if to say "I will be right back." Before trotting down the hill, letting out a short howl as he went.

-------------------------------------

Yindol sunk her teeth into the deer, enjoying the fresh blood that rushed into her mouth. She refrained from tearing a chunk out of it and instead began to take it back for the rest of the pack.

Taking the howl as permission to come forward, Tony broke into a canter and came face to face with Golten. Huffing, he dipped his head in submission, his tail wagging back and forth jovially. It was good to see the alpha again. Raising back up, he sat back on his haunches and tilted his head to the side as though curious about what had happened in his absence. He had the smell of a female on him, so something had definitely happened. His lips drew back in a wolffish smile.

((Woah, sorry I disappeared for a few days there. I'm back.))

Aella stared in the direction of the strong she-wolf, shocked momentarily for she could understand what the she-wolf was communicating-though no lips moved. Aella quaked inside as the she-wolf took up a warning stance once again, she didn't understand why everything was so complicated. Nevertheless, she spoke up solemnly (making sure not to physically show her fear), "I understand, please permit me to see your alpha."

The golden werewolf stood tall as the loner spoke. She regarded Aella silently for a long moment, piercing eyes scouring every inch of the other woman once more. Then, with a very faint incline of her muzzle, she growled again- albeit softer than before- and flicked an ear. Very well.

Lilith curled her claws inwards and tilted back her head, the slender curve of her throat nearly as pale as the moon hanging in the sky above. A long, low note filled her lungs before floating out over the tree tops to summon Golten to her post. He would know from her tone that she had found something she felt worthy of investigation. After all, it was protocol not to bring an unfamiliar werewolf to the pack's base camp before the Alpha had the chance to measure them properly.

The howl tapered off into silence, unwavering, before Lilith dropped her muzzle again and settled her gaze back on Aella. She gave a small wag of her bushy tail and stood straight before leaning forward slightly to sniff at the woman with her dark nose. You haven't finished transforming yet. How young are you? Lilith asked, pressing her ears forward and huffing softly.

Golten grinned back, showing his sharp, white teeth. He pricked his ears up, hearing the call from the beta female. He made a few signs, saying; "I have to go, Lilith seems to have found someone new." He nodded the the beta male, before turning around to run through the forest. He gave a sharp bark in reply the Lilith's howl, weaving his way past the pack.

(( I'm not sure how to incorporate what I had in mind for Aella with Amber Eye's lycanthropy, I bumbled because I wanted Aella to be older than she was yet also clueless to lycanthropy. Now that I think more on the subject I realize that I should probably work over her History again and make her a younger wolf, rather than a decades-old wolf. x.x I'd like her to stay at the age of twenty-eight if that's okay though? ))

Aella smiled shyly in the she-wolf's direction and nodded, admiring her beauty as she herself tried not to show her nervousness -she wanted a pack to belong to, a sort of family... She hoped that everything would work out.

She noticed a small wagging of the she-wolf's tail and her heart jumped slightly in hope, giggling bashfully when she realized that she was being sniffed. At the question of her age, Aella blushed slightly and replied, "Twenty-eight." After a few seconds' pause, Aella realized she wanted to speak with the handsome she-wolf, yet didn't know if protocol allowed it at this exact moment-because she was still a stranger to the pack. She decided to wait, smiling wistfully at a memory from her past.

Tony took this to be acceptance and dipped his head respectfully once more, watching him go for a moment before rising. He could tell his tales later. Trotting in the direction Golten had come from, he made his way towards the rest of the pack. It was time to get reacquainted. He picked up the pace a bit, fronds of different plants whipping his legs until he slowed. Raising his ears slightly, he strode into the midst of those assembled and studied them, his tail swinging idly.

Twenty eight? Well, that was rather young. Though, Lilith reminded herself, it was far better than a permanent seven year old. Besides, she herself was stuck in the body of a woman four years younger than Aella professed to be. The golden she-wolf's mouth curved back slightly in a small, canine smile, the tips of her teeth partially exposed. When Golten's bark reached her ears, they tilted momentarily in the direction he was coming from before swinging back toward Aella. She briefly remembered that she was supposed to be- and was- extremely upset with the pack Alpha, but for Aella's sake she would have to put that aside. Lilith would bicker with Golten later when issues from the human world began encroaching on pack territory; after all, it was only to be assumed that the police would scour the forest for a missing child.

Lilith resumed her study of the new werewolf. Carefully, and not unkindly, she began to walk in a close circle around Aella with her ears erect and her nose extended toward the other woman, though she was careful not to touch her. Personal space, after all, and Lilith was a lady and would continue to act that way.

She continued to investigate this new werewolf until she was certain Golten was close by. When she lifted her nose and noted that he was near, she woofed loudly to direct him to their location. Newcomer, Golten. Try not to scare this one off, I like her. Lilith turned slightly to grin at Aella before refocusing her attention on the surrounding trees for her Alpha.

Edited by Shiny Hazard Sign

Cherry had nodded when Golten went away. Before long, a new wolf came over. She narrowed her eyes before realizing he knew this scent. It was Tony, he was back. She got up and padded towards him, giving a small bark as if get his attention. Her tail swished slowly from side to side.

Tony trotted forward, perking his ears. It took him a moment to recognize her, but when he finally realized who it was, he returned the bark and proceeded to inspect her. "Missed me horribly, I'm sure," said, cocking his head to one side. His maturity hadn't quite aged with him.

Anaya lunged from her hiding spot, ducking under Iva's paws and knocking her to the ground. She whipped around and crouched into another attack position, eyes gleaming. Show me what you've got, she said softly. The black wolf began to circle the clearing slowly.

((Sure, RockinSia!))

Golten continued slowly, tilting his head as Lilith and this "Newcomer" came into view. He shot the former a curious look before huffing at the latter. "Another young werewolf? I don't remember this one..." he paused for a few moments, thinking. "Bitten by a rouge?" he asked, his curiosity getting the better of him.

-------------------------------------

Yindol had just reached the edge of the main pack den. The deer was rather grass-stained, but still in good condition. She lay down and guarded it. It would make a good meal for later.

((Forum Name: Packgoater

Character Name: Douglas "Doug" Abbott

Age: Looks like he's in his later thirties, but truly is 96.

Role: Lead Healer

Appearance: Doug is of average height, standing at 5'10" and has a reasonably well-built physique, which is as such because of his habits from when he was in the military. He has a variety of scars resulting from old wounds in the war, and some newer ones from scrappy fights when he first turned. He looks like a man who would be a fighter in every meaning of the word.

Appearance in wolf form: When in his wolf form, the scars he possess are far harder to make out, for the thick, wiry hair he has mostly lies over them in places where the fur doesn't grow back.

Personality: Because of his scars and the hard edge that remains in his eyes, one might expect him to be one of the warriors of the pack, but instead he is the lead healer. Many a person has asked him why he's not a warrior, especially with the military training that he has, and his answer is always the same: "I suppose it's because I've done it before. I've killed many a man, and I see no reason to have that kind of blood on my hands again. Children destroy things. Adults fix them." Above all, he is a man who has seen his fellow soldiers fall at the fault of a bullet, his friends die, and his pregnant wife be murdered, and the fact that he remains something akin to a normal man is remarkable in and of itself. Of course, how normal could he possibly be after seeing all this happen? Not very, so it's to be expected that he has several issues. Firstly, he has a few trust issues, namely with anyone new or unfamiliar to him. Just getting him to tolerate anyone who is not known to him is a struggle, for he will quickly put up a wall between himself and any newcomer, and it can be expected that he will be curt and anything but friendly. However, he would never be aggressive or outright hostile towards anyone, he'd just keep one eye on them. Secondly, he has problems getting to sleep. Whenever he shuts his eyes, it seems like memories of the war or his wife dying are always right in front of his eyes. Thirdly, interaction with people can be hard for him. The talking isn't so bad, so long as it's not about him, but it's the emotional connection with them that is difficult for him; he's just not able to sit there and interact with anyone on a deep level. Fourthly, he has some problems with being able to stand up and fight, but mostly because he's too afraid that he'd loose control. He's built up so much emotion within himself that he figures that if he were given some method of releasing it, some tiny vent for all the anger, that it would all come spilling out and he wouldn't be able to have a valve on that vent to make sure he didn't cause complete destruction. However, with all these flaws, he does have a few redeeming qualities, namely his intelligence, integrity, and the kindness he does have within him. Even though he's relatively young, at least for a werewolf, he is skilled and trained in the medical field, and the fact that he has access to medications because he's changed a few of his documents, renewed his medical license, and thus has the ability to prescribe medication, doesn't hurt either. He has plenty of medical tools and the knowledge with which to use them properly, and also has the knowledge of how to preform surgical procedures.

History: Doug grew up like a pretty normal kid back in the day. He was adventurous, enjoyed messing about with friends, and liked to romp along with the best of them. He didn't have any violent tendencies, and was a smart kid who would have an undoubtedly bright future ahead of him. Then disaster struck, in the form of WWII, or more specifically, the draft for the war. By this time, Doug had graduated high school and even though he was twenty-three and hadn't gone to college, he had a job and had his own apartment. Unfortunately, he was drafted into the war and taken away from what he loved and what was important to him.

The war was hard. It seemed like there were not periods of time to relax or rest. It was constant contact with the enemy, and it seemed that for every man they shot down, two people he knew fell to the ground with a bullet in their chest. If he slept, it'd be with one eye open. All the men were on high alert, scared out of their minds, and lonely. Even though there were a good number of them, it seemed that they were all alone. The only thing that kept him alive were the letters from home, and these were few and far between. Eventually he stopped waiting for them, and turned to alcohol to solve his problems which, of course, just worsened them. Somewhere along the lines there were a few stagnant periods, so to pass the time he would box and wrestle with the other men, and of course drink.

Somehow he pulled through. Many of his friends were gone, and those that were alive, he cut off. Returning to normal society was hard, so hard. He had seen so many horrible things; he had seen so many people killed, had seen so many bodies fall to the ground. He was supposed to return to normal now, but it wasn't like that. He couldn't do anything. He had killed so many people and couldn't even remember their faces. All he could remember was the sight of the bodies falling to the ground. He knew he'd never forget it as long as he lived.

He couldn't stay around the place he knew and the people he knew, so he moved to England, and to keep himself busy, he went to medical school to become a doctor. While he was in school he met a woman and a few years later, they married. It was only a short while after he graduated medical school that his wife was killed and he was bitten by a werewolf. She had been seven months pregnant, and they had been walking home after a nice evening out when a beast leapt from the darkness and tackled his wife, sending her to the ground. It clawed and bit her, leaving deep gouges in her flesh that he knew she would have been able to survive. Then the beast turned to him, and without even wanting to, he ran. The werewolf caught him, shoved him against a nearby wall, and started to attack him. Doug barely managed to pull out the knife he kept on him and shoved it deep in the werewolf's gut. He stumbled back to his wife, and ended up passing out right beside her.

When he woke up, he was in the hospital and knew that his wife was dead. When he was asked what happened, he merely stared blankly and refused to say anything. In fact, he didn't speak at all after she died. He barely ate, and he barely slept. About a month after the attack, Doug found himself transforming into the same beast that had killed his wife. Horrified with himself, he didn't know what to do, and so sat in his house refusing to answer to door and refusing to go anywhere at all. He slowly became accustomed to it happening, but the fact that he had just lost his wife and unborn child left him to attempt suicide on two different occasions. The first was an attempt at overdosing, but he had foolishly done that inside of a public restroom, and was brought to the hospital shortly afterward. The second time he tried to use a gun, but he put the barrel in his mouth and when he pulled the trigger it ended up missing anything terribly important and he was brought to the hospital a second time. His sister came to England and stayed with him in his apartment for a year, just to make sure he wouldn't try anything like that again. She tried to keep him company, but he'd end up spending huge chunks of his time away from her, hiding himself and what he had become from her. A year seemed to be sufficient enough time, for once she left, he never tried to commit suicide again. Instead he moved toward the west coast to relax for awhile, supplied with money from his family. Buying an place there, he found himself delving into a slightly darker way of life, finding himself getting into fights with other werewolves that he had stumbled upon. They'd set up a small group in the far plains and would box it out there. It gave Doug some money, and was some form of release, but one fight went to far, and he found that he had nearly killed a man. Somehow that shot him back into reality, and he swore to himself that he had to be better than this, and he dropped fighting altogether, though before he did, someone told him there was a group of werewolves that could help him. That's where he went. Because of his medical knowledge and experience, he was a valuable member of the community and he found himself getting someone to edit his documents so that he could once more be accepted as a licensed physician. On his documents his first name is still Douglas, but he changed his name to that of his deceased wife, which was McBrewer, instead of his real surname, Abbott.

Other: Werewolves Rule. ))

Arianna cocked an ear as she heard Lilith's howl and Golten's responding bark. It sounded like everything was being handled peaceably at least, so she would not have any early arrivals in need of her assistance. Yipping a laugh to herself she moved around the infirmary carefully measuring herbs into a special bowl that she could use to make poultices in her wolf form. It had an attached lid that clicked into place when shut and the two small round stones that she dropped in after all the ingredients for the poultice rolled smoothly inside, mixing the herbs and small amount of water into a smooth cream when shaken. She grabbed the leather strap that she had attached to the bowl in her teeth and proceeded to shake her head vigorously to let the stones do their work. It was a pity that most of the more effective medicines could not be stored for longer than a day, she would have liked to have better stocks and not have to risk not having enough of something she needed, but Arianna was confident enough in her abilities, and those of her fellows, to feel secure that if the pack required them, the healers would come through.

There were many tools and devices that they had come up with to allow them to practice their craft with ease, no matter what form they were in when they were needed. The specially rolled bandages that they could unroll and use with their teeth, the many tools that allowed them to mix and apply their medicines, even the special bowls that could be picked up in teeth and the contents tipped into even wolfish mouths. Arianna utilized all of these as she moved through the infirmary, preparing everything that she hoped they would not need to use that night. Her silvery coat shone, and the runes that had been carved into her body glinted in the moonlight that streamed through the windows. Her feet silent on the faded wood floor as she drifted from pallet to table, table to bench, bench to shelf in the familiar ritual of the full moon.

Cherry closed her eyes and smiled before opening them again. "Maybe so, maybe not. But it was troublesome to have you leave so suddenly," she told the Beta male, "It's good to have you back though."

---

Iva growled angrily as she was knocked down, but got up again. She watched Anaya, realizing that the wolf wanted to test her strength. She didn't move, however, and just calmly watched.