Skellybones

Amber Eyes - Accepting

(( Okie dokie, here are the revised parts. Thank you. smile.gif

History: Was turned by a lone wolf not too long before she came across the pack, and happened to notice their territory while traveling. In the past she dabbled in the careers of a librarian, secretary, and writer. ))

Aella's eyes sparkled slightly in part-happiness, part-excitement as she noticed the she-wolf studying her. Studying with no hint of malice was a good sign in her book. She smiled in the direction of the she-wolf when she realized she had seen a grin on her face seconds before. She was broken out of her slight-daydream by a bigger wolf approaching them. Alpha, she presumed as she watched him curiously. At his question, she replied, "Yessir, I guess that's what lone wolves are called, then?" she chuckled lightly when replying. She had the urge to fumble with the hem of her shirt like a nervous child, but realized she wasn't wearing one... She wondered what wolves did when they were nervous? She knew that her past dog companions had licked when they were nervous, or paced... She got a glazed look in her eyes, spacing out unintentionally while following that line of thought.

Edited by RockinSia

Apparently finished looking her over, Tony sat in front of her and thumped his tail again the ground a couple times. "It seems like I've missed a lot," he said, tilting his head slightly and glancing around before looking back at her. "I had some... Errands to run," he explained, though he would say no more.

Cherry stayed silent for a while, her knowing eyes looking into Tony's. She knew that he wasn't telling her something, but, oh well.

"Do you still remember everyone and do you think they still remember you, or would you like to be reintroduced?" she asked

Tony thought about it for a moment, scratching his ear. "Introduce me. No doubt we've picked up more females for me to... Become acquainted with," he said finally, wiggling his brows at her. He was a ladies man, through and through. He could see the look she was giving him, but he didn't much care. He could smell Golten on her- a clear indicator that she was off limits.

((Forum Name: Packgoater

Character Name: Douglas "Doug" Abbott

Age: Looks like he's in his later thirties, but truly is 96.

Race: Werewolf

Role: Lead Healer

Appearance: Doug is of average height, standing at 5'10" and has a reasonably well-built physique, which is as such because of his habits from when he was in the military. He has a variety of scars resulting from old wounds in the war, and some newer ones from scrappy fights when he first turned. He looks like a man who would be a fighter in every meaning of the word.

Appearance in wolf form: When in his wolf form, the scars he possess are far harder to make out, for the thick, wiry hair he has mostly lies over them in places where the fur doesn't grow back. 

Personality: Because of his scars and the hard edge that remains in his eyes, one might expect him to be one of the warriors of the pack, but instead he is the lead healer. Many a person has asked him why he's not a warrior, especially with the military training that he has, and his answer is always the same: "I suppose it's because I've done it before. I've killed many a man, and I see no reason to have that kind of blood on my hands again. Children destroy things. Adults fix them." Above all, he is a man who has seen his fellow soldiers fall at the fault of a bullet, his friends die, and his pregnant wife be murdered, and the fact that he remains something akin to a normal man is remarkable in and of itself. Of course, how normal could he possibly be after seeing all this happen? Not very, so it's to be expected that he has several issues. Firstly, he has a few trust issues, namely with anyone new or unfamiliar to him. Just getting him to tolerate anyone who is not known to him is a struggle, for he will quickly put up a wall between himself and any newcomer, and it can be expected that he will be curt and anything but friendly. However, he would never be aggressive or outright hostile towards anyone, he'd just keep one eye on them. Secondly, he has problems getting to sleep. Whenever he shuts his eyes, it seems like memories of the war or his wife dying are always right in front of his eyes. Thirdly, interaction with people can be hard for him. The talking isn't so bad, so long as it's not about him, but it's the emotional connection with them that is difficult for him; he's just not able to sit there and interact with anyone on a deep level. Fourthly, he has some problems with being able to stand up and fight, but mostly because he's too afraid that he'd loose control. He's built up so much emotion within himself that he figures that if he were given some method of releasing it, some tiny vent for all the anger, that it would all come spilling out and he wouldn't be able to have a valve on that vent to make sure he didn't cause complete destruction. However, with all these flaws, he does have a few redeeming qualities, namely his intelligence, integrity, and the kindness he does have within him. Even though he's relatively young, at least for a werewolf, he is skilled and trained in the medical field, and the fact that he has access to medications because he's changed a few of his documents, renewed his medical license, and thus has the ability to prescribe medication, doesn't hurt either. He has plenty of medical tools and the knowledge with which to use them properly, and also has the knowledge of how to preform surgical procedures.

History: Doug grew up like a pretty normal kid back in the day. He was adventurous, enjoyed messing about with friends, and liked to romp along with the best of them. He didn't have any violent tendencies, and was a smart kid who would have an undoubtedly bright future ahead of him. Then disaster struck, in the form of WWII, or more specifically, the draft for the war. By this time, Doug had graduated high school and even though he was twenty-three and hadn't gone to college, he had a job and had his own apartment. Unfortunately, he was drafted into the war and taken away from what he loved and what was important to him.

The war was hard. It seemed like there were not periods of time to relax or rest. It was constant contact with the enemy, and it seemed that for every man they shot down, two people he knew fell to the ground with a bullet in their chest. If he slept, it'd be with one eye open. All the men were on high alert, scared out of their minds, and lonely. Even though there were a good number of them, it seemed that they were all alone. The only thing that kept him alive were the letters from home, and these were few and far between. Eventually he stopped waiting for them, and turned to alcohol to solve his problems which, of course, just worsened them. Somewhere along the lines there were a few stagnant periods, so to pass the time he would box and wrestle with the other men, and of course drink.

Somehow he pulled through. Many of his friends were gone, and those that were alive, he cut off. Returning to normal society was hard, so hard. He had seen so many horrible things; he had seen so many people killed, had seen so many bodies fall to the ground. He was supposed to return to normal now, but it wasn't like that. He couldn't do anything. He had killed so many people and couldn't even remember their faces. All he could remember was the sight of the bodies falling to the ground. He knew he'd never forget it as long as he lived.

He couldn't stay around the place he knew and the people he knew, so he moved to England, and to keep himself busy, he went to medical school to become a doctor. While he was in school he met a woman and a few years later, they married. It was only a short while after he graduated medical school that his wife was killed and he was bitten by a werewolf. She had been seven months pregnant, and they had been walking home after a nice evening out when a beast leapt from the darkness and tackled his wife, sending her to the ground. It clawed and bit her, leaving deep gouges in her flesh that he knew she would  have been able to survive. Then the beast turned to him, and without even wanting to, he ran. The werewolf caught him, shoved him against a nearby wall, and started to attack him. Doug barely managed to pull out the knife he kept on him and shoved it deep in the werewolf's gut. He stumbled back to his wife, and ended up passing out right beside her.

When he woke up, he was in the hospital and knew that his wife was dead. When he was asked what happened, he merely stared blankly and refused to say anything. In fact, he didn't speak at all after she died. He barely ate, and he barely slept. About a month after the attack, Doug found himself transforming into the same beast that had killed his wife. Horrified with himself, he didn't know what to do, and so sat in his house refusing to answer to door and refusing to go anywhere at all. He slowly became accustomed to it happening, but the fact that he had just lost his wife and unborn child left him to attempt suicide on two different occasions. The first was an attempt at overdosing, but he had foolishly done that inside of a public restroom, and was brought to the hospital shortly afterward. The second time he tried to use a gun, but he put the barrel in his mouth and when he pulled the trigger it ended up missing anything terribly important and he was brought to the hospital a second time. His sister came to England and stayed with him in his apartment for a year, just to make sure he wouldn't try anything like that again. She tried to keep him company, but he'd end up spending huge chunks of his time away from her, hiding himself and what he had become from her. A year seemed to be sufficient enough time, for once she left, he never tried to commit suicide again. Instead he moved toward the west coast to relax for awhile, supplied with money from his family. Buying an place there, he found himself delving into a slightly darker way of life, finding himself getting into fights with other werewolves that he had stumbled upon. They'd set up a small group in the far plains and would box it out there. It gave Doug some money, and was some form of release, but one fight went to far, and he found that he had nearly killed a man. Somehow that shot him back into reality, and he swore to himself that he had to be better than this, and he dropped fighting altogether, though before he did, someone told him there was a group of werewolves that could help him. That's where he went. Because of his medical knowledge and experience, he was a valuable member of the community and he found himself getting someone to edit his documents so that he could once more be accepted as a licensed physician. On his documents his first name is still Douglas, but he changed his name to that of his deceased wife, which was McBrewer, instead of his real surname, Abbott.

Other: Werewolves Rule. ))

((Holy cow O.o That must have taken you a while O.o How could I not accept it? o-o))

Golten nodded to the newcomer. "What would your preferred rank be? Healing? Fighting? Hunting?" he asked, watching her carefully.

-------------------------------------

Merana sat at the window, resting her elbow on the sill and her chin upon her palm. The full moon shone above the street, illuminating it in an eerie light. The street in front of the station was dull, the street lamps only creating small semi-circles of light. Things would be so much more... interesting if she had a partner. She knew about these... "Wolf" people. She'd seen a few of them, wandering around. But not in wolf form. Never in wolf form. They didn't wander around the station in wolf form. They were either kept in cells or out on missions. Apart from one. Raven, was it? Apparently he'd been with them for years. Yet had never found his partner. Merana sighed, her thoughts returning to what she would do once she had her own partner, and what the perfect partner would be like.

Edited by Shadowwolf6

((I have a few questions about this RP. First off, can werewolves reproduce? If so, only with each other or can they do so with humans? Secondly if someone is on the police force, are they allowed to kill werewolves? Would it be possible to have a Werewolf Hunter as a character? Like, someone who knows about werewolves and feels that they are abominations that need to die.))

Lilith watched quietly as Golten turned his attention to the new werewolf. He was right, she was quite young on wolf terms, but Lilith was much more inclined to accept this girl without issue than she was the youngster. Not that the Beta had anything against the little girl herself, but the circumstances surrounding the entire ordeal just.... ugh. For a moment Lilith's ears pressed backwards as she thought about it, but a moment later wrenched herself from those thoughts as Golten spoke.

She mentioned hunting to me before you got here, the she-wolf gestured with a soft growl, a tilt of the head, and shift of the hips. Her ears pricked back up as her golden eyes swung over to Aella again. She was surprised that the young woman managed to retain most of her human qualities for so long, given that the full moon just about loomed over their heads. Lilith couldn't remember the last time it took her more than five minutes to change the moment moonlight struck her body. Ah, well, she supposed every wolf was different. The seven year old had changed much faster than Lilith had anticipated, after all. Perhaps Aella was a much newer wolf than she expected.

Carefully, Lilith stepped closer and slipped two clawed fingers beneath the girl's light brown hair, mindful not to clip her with the tip of her nails. She lifted and moved Aella's hair slightly to examine her neck, as if she were searching for a bite mark or injury that would determine just how freshly turned Aella was.

((Didn't take me too long. It just took some boredom, lol. Sorry this was short. Didn't have much time. ))

The forest stood tall and dark before Doug, looming over him as its thick branches bent down as if to reach toward him and drag him to his demise. The werewolves had mostly finished their shifting about now, and he himself found that when he looked in a small pool of stagnant water, the face that looked back at him was the beast that took over his body during this period of time. Though he had now had many years to begin to recognize this beast as himself, it was not him. Its eyes were cold and unfeeling; his eyes were undoubtedly those of a predator and he knew that was no longer who he wanted to be. Doug crouched down until he was kneeling and lightly touched his own reflection that was in the pool, shattering the image with delicate ripples that distorted his face. It was funny to him that he felt more comfortable looking at himself like this, but perhaps it was because his eyes no longer stared into him and tore him apart for all that he had done. Standing up, he looked back the way he had come and began to move toward the camp he knew awaited him. Hopefully nobody had done anything stupid and given him a job to do, for tonight was not a night that he wanted to have to do anything. Tonight was the anniversary of her death, 'her' being his wife.

It had been so many years since her death. It must've been about 57 years since her death, and so the bracelet he would normally wear around his wrist would have 57 knots once he regained his human body once more. It was the only thing he allowed himself to have that might betray anything about him or who he was, though he knew that most of the werewolves knew about it because they'd been told or had figured it out themselves. Doug wished he didn't have to take the bracelet off during these shifts, especially since it was during her anniversary that he changed, but it was the reality and the bracelet was far too important to him for him to stretch it out. Though she still appeared to him in dreams, he couldn't remember what her face looked like. He had seen so many bodies, so many dead, that she had just become another one, and that more than anything was why he tied the knots. Doug was afraid, more than anything, of forgetting her because he knew she was important. He knew those memories, and somehow those memories were so unfamiliar even though they were his own; it was not him in those memories, not anymore. He wasn't sure if he was a better man now or then, but something told him now. He hoped he was better now than he was so long ago.

Doug had been absent from the pack for about a week or so now, his duties requiring him to be elsewhere. Over his shoulder the werewolf gently carried a satchel filled with medicine and more medical supplies, all from his little trip out of the territory. It had taken him awhile to get his license updated again, but he felt he'd made good time. He just hoped that nothing big had happened and that Golten wouldn't have his hide for being out so long. Even if his absence was irksome, the benefit from it was immense, even if not all the other pack members saw it that way. Glancing briefly around the camp, he relaxed instantly as the surroundings enveloped him in familiarity that provided a sense of pleasant security. He had the general sense that Golten might not be completely thrilled with his trip, but it was necessary, and Doug hoped his alpha could see that. In fact, there was the dark red coated wolf's scent now. Slowly walking following the scent and moving towards where he knew his alpha would be, Doug kept himself alert. Finally Golten was within eyesight, but Doug's ears pulled slightly back in unease as he saw the newcomer beside Lilith and Golten. Had the alpha decided to replace him in his absence? He'd caught several scents that were unfamiliar to him on his way here, and he wouldn't be surprised if the other healer had been moved up in rank and some of the new recruits were going to be healers themselves. God, he hoped not. He hoped everyone else was interested in fighting or hunting.

"I'm back. I brought medicine, and I've got my license renewed. My apologies for taking so long. What's with all the newcomers? If I'm not wrong, I caught the scent of a pup, Golten. And who's this?" Doug asked distrustfully, his ears tilted back as he tipped his head in the direction of the other newcomer. He walked forward slowly, his eyes not on his alpha but directly on the stranger. Doug was never trusting of strangers, but when he worried for the sake of his rank there was bound to be trouble. Hopefully everything would be just fine now that he was back. Just fine.

Edited by Packgoater

((Sh-sh-short?

Oh, and, Shadowwolf, are you suggesting that Raven should have Merana as a partner? I think that would be a good idea))

Cherry rolled her eyes at the beta male. "Yes, we have indeed gotten a few new members. The newest being out training at the moment," she smiled, "and Lilith and Golten are out right now as well as Anaya and Doug. Doug hasn't been back for a while now, actually. Hmm... I don't know the exact positions of everyone else... Don't know about Yindol... I guess you'll have to go greet everyone else yourself then. I'm gonna go take a nap."

Cherry gave one last smile and padded off.

---

Raven sat at the edge of the forest. He was obviously lost in deep thought, staring at the trees like he was afraid they might disappear if he looked away.

Tony cocked his head, trying to remember who all those people were. He had a pretty good idea, but it was fuzzy. "Nice to see you again," he said after her, then stood. He shook out his pelt, then began to trot in the direction of one of the wolves. At least, he thought he was. He could smell them on the wind, he just wasn't entirely sure where they were.

((Sh-sh-short?

Oh, and, Shadowwolf, are you suggesting that Raven should have Merana as a partner? I think that would be a good idea))

((*Agrees with Soiled* That is... a long post xd.png But then, Haze also does long posts O.o

Maybe... <-< >->

Should I put them as partners? We can work on them actually becoming partners afterwards...))

Edited by Shadowwolf6

((Forum Name:Awsomeamazingam

Character Name:Kaoru

Age:looks about 13 but has little memory about her childhood, about 300 really

Race: (Human or Werewolf) Werewolf

Role: (As in with the Police, Newly Bitten or the rank they have as a werewolf.) Shaman/Mage

Appearance: Short and thin with long strawberry blonde hair down to her ankles, bare footed with a braid at the front of her hair, silver purple eyes. wide eyes and lots of freckles

Appearance in wolf form: (For werewolves) Snow white wolf with a midnight black star shape on her forehead and dark streaks down her sides silver purple eyes small and slender

Personality: (Can be RP'ed) mysterious but happy, with a sadness in her eyes that belongs to someone far older

History: (Can be RP'ed) found in the street one day, sent to the orphanage, ran away countless times. rest unknown

Other: although young she became the shaman/mage when the post is meant for someone far, far older. She is believed to have spiritual powers and ways of communicating with the gods

Werewolves rule

Will you please add on a shaman for me?))

Edited by Awsomeamazingam

Forum Name:Awsomeamazingam

Character Name:Kaoru

Race: (Human or Werewolf) Werewolf

Role: (As in with the Police, Newly Bitten or the rank they have as a werewolf.) Shaman

Appearance: Short and thin with long strawberry blonde hair down to her ankles, bare footed with a braid at the front of her hair, silver purple eyes. wide eyes and lots of freckles

Appearance in wolf form: (For werewolves) Snow white wolf with a midnight black star shape on her forehead, silver purple eyes

Personality: (Can be RP'ed) mysterious but happy, with a sadness in her eyes that belongs to someone far older

History: (Can be RP'ed) found in the street one day, sent to the orphanage, ran away countless times. rest unknown

Other: although young she became the packs mage when the post is meant for someone far, far older

((Denied, Check over the rules and the rest of the thread before submitting your form wink.gif There are quite a few ranks left, but not really any of the higher ones. Check the rules, too, you'll find you are missing something. Feel free to try again, though!))

((*Agrees with Soiled* That is... a long post xd.png But then, Haze also does long posts O.o

))

(( Hahaha, really? I've tried to make them as short and sweet as possible |D

edit: Jade I don't think so, I just don't think Shadow saw your post. ))

Edited by Shiny Hazard Sign

((I changeded it it now says lead healer not shaman

P.s theyr almost th same ting!

Pweese wet me in da pak))

((I changeded it it now says lead healer not shaman

P.s theyr almost th same ting!

Pweese wet me in da pak))

(( There's already a lead healer, that spot was taken a little while ago. Also you're still missing a part of the form needed to be accepted into the roleplay. ))

((I have a few questions about this RP. First off, can werewolves reproduce? If so, only with each other or can they do so with humans? Secondly if someone is on the police force, are they allowed to kill werewolves? Would it be possible to have a Werewolf Hunter as a character? Like, someone who knows about werewolves and feels that they are abominations that need to die.))

((Derpish me is derpish. I saw your post but forgot to reply to it O.o Sorry bouts that. Let me answer some of those...

Yes, werewolves can reproduce, and they can do so with humans, but they don't do it that often.

In the police force, they will not recruit someone if they have attacked an allied werewolf. However, it does happen, and if a police person attacks an allied werewolf, the person is excluded from the police force and... something O.o No one but the police and the actual werewolves and maybe some others who the werewolves have told, know about werewolves. So no member of the public knows about werewolves until they are bitten or have seen something they shouldn't have. Werewolves will stay away from "Mortals" as much as they can soo....))

Golten nodded to Lilith. "So do you wish to become one of our hunters?" He questioned, his head tilting in slight curiosity. "I heard Yindol wanted some new hunters..." He thought for a moment, before sniffing the air. "Where is she, anyway..."

(( can kaouru be a shaman pweese???

Plus what's wrong with my form

Amber wanna know!!! I checked it over and over and compared it to others I read the rules again and again is there something I'm missing????????

Amber really wants to know!!!))

((Shaman is basically medical stuff, and sometimes just being wise. (I think? O.o) We have a lead healer, so it couldn't be something to do with medicine, and your character is, I would say, too young to have seen all that the world might be able to show her. Read over the whole thread again, slowly, mainly on the rules, though, and hopefully you will find it wink.gif

Edit: So a Shaman is doing spiritual stuff, like contacting the spirits of the dead. Again, your character is incredibly young, and would only really have just joined the pack. Maybe if your character was older, I might add in some sort of shaman...))

Edited by Shadowwolf6

((Would it then be possible for a werewolf, instead of joining the pack, to become a Werewolf Hunter? I hate to be a pain in the butt, but I quite enjoy Vampire/Werewolf/Witch Hunters. I could write a profile for said character so you can see what I was thinking of, and I won't be offended if she's denied. I'll also make a normal character (in what ever position you think your RP currently needs more of) so it won't just be my character causing havoc all the time. XD))

((Forum Name: JadeHeartOfFire

Character Name: Anna Yushkevich

Age: She appears to be about 14, though in reality, she just had her 65th birthday.

Race: Werewolf

Role: Werewolf Hunter

Appearance: Anna, having already grown to her full height at the time she was bitten, stands 5 feet 3 inches in bare feet, though as her first transformation was in the middle of her going through puberty, she is thin and curveless. Quite a few scars can be seen on her stomach, chest, and arms, the result of her rather "suspicious activities" as a werewolf.

Appearance in wolf form: She is quite proud of wolf form, despite her rather large disdain for the species in general, mainly because the form makes her scars nearly invisible. The fur on her back and down the outside of her legs is a dull gold color, matching her hair in human form, while her belly and inside of her legs are a dirty white. Her eyes are still the vibrant green that they are as a human.

Personality: Bitter and angry over the fact that her life was ruined by her transformation into a werewolf, Anna has become obsessed with revenge. However, she is naturally a sweet girl and is easily distracted, though the people who know her well sometimes wonder if her personality is just an act.

History: Anna's parents were from the Soviet Union, in the middle of what later became Belarus, though they left and emigrated to Britain in 1941 after the German invasion of the area. It wasn't until six years later, two years after the end of World War II, that Anna was born. She was the first of the three children, later becoming an older sister to a pair of twins named Marina and Julia, who were three years her junior. Anna had a relatively normal childhood, though her family was rather poor, both because of their immigrant status and because of the bad financial situation that swept across northern Europe at the time. She and her sisters became friends with other girls from the Soviet Union, which continued until the Autumn of 1961, when Anna was 14 and her sisters were 11.

One of their best friends, a Polish girl named Serafina, convinced the rest of the group to go into the woods at night, claiming them to be chickens if they wouldn't do it. The girls played in the forest until late into the night, not noticing the eyes staring at them through the brush...until it was too late. Before anyone could react, a few strange, large animals lept out at them, tackling Anna to the ground. The rest of the girls, without even thinking about it, ran off. Being only a girl in her early teens, Anna could do little as the beasts bit into her skin, tearing her clothes and spilling her blood onto the ground. However, as quickly as the attack began, it ended, leaving her barely conscious, lying on the forest floor. Moments later, her father came running, having been told of the attack by her sisters. That night was the end of Anna's normal life...

Weeks later, she had healed enough from the attack so as to be able stand and go on with her daily life. Her parents had reported the attack to the local police, though they had yet to come back with any results as to what had happened that night. While everything seemed normal, one day, Anna began to feel very strange, though it wasn't the sort of feeling that she had been feeling for the past few weeks. She found that she was transforming into the very creatures that had attacked her. On the night where she reached full transformation, she accidentally killed her sister Marina in an attempt to silence her after the girl had started screaming after seeing her form, which alerted her sister Julia, who she also killed to keep her quiet. Horrified by what she had done, she ran away. With her sisters murdered and her missing, she was deemed dead by the police, and the investigation never progressed. Unable to handle what she had done in her werewolf state, Anna lived a lowly life for thirty years, only more tortured by her lack of aging. She watched from a distance as her childhood friends grew up and got married, as her parents dealt with the death of their children and eventually died without any sort of answers. Alone, depressed, and without anywhere to go, Anna realized what she needed to do, what would make her able to go on with her seemingly eternal life. She wanted to kill the werewolves that turned her. However, mere moments after coming to this revelation, she realized the problem with this. She didn't know who had turned her. As such, she became a werewolf hunter, in hopes of one day being able to end the lives of those who had ruined hers.

Other: Werewolves Rule, my dears.))