Skellybones

Amber Eyes - Accepting

((Yindol was talking to Anna, the werewolf hunter. I'm not sure what to do with Golten O.o))

Alexis woke up in her bed in the orphanage. The pain was gone. Her hands were in bandages and numb. "Wha...whaat?" was the first thing she said. A woman standing across the room heard it and walked towards her. "Alexis Johanna Tamm, how great to see you again! I was so worried when you dissappeared! And then a nice lady came here with you and said: "She got hurt." and left you here and you were in bandages and bruised and unconscious and hurt and I put you in bed and I nursed you and did a dog bite you? Anyway, you poor little girl, you have to rest. Oh, and here are your clothes. I have to go now! See you later!"

Alexis rolled eyes. She hated when somebody called her with her full name, she hated nurses, she hated orphanage, she hated other children. Alexis yawned and stood up. What day is it? ((Yeah, how many days until full moon?)) Why didn't the wolves eat her? How can she escape again? There was no calendear ((grammar nazi, yeah?)). She is not a wolf (yet), so there is only one thing to do. Escape again.

She pulled her old clothes on, took a hair pin from her pocket and went to the window. Ground floor. Good. Alexis started to pick the lock. She had done this before. Click! The lock opened and Alexis jumped out. She ran towards the forest, back to the wolves. She just had to. She was faster then before, her hair were longer, nails sharper. She was more wolfish. "Hehe, they were werewolves and I am one too," she thought.

"Wait..." She stopped. Alexis lived next to the police station for a while, and the officers had said something about werewolves. What if... no. Werewolves don't exist. They don't... She shaked her head and ran. She just wanted to see the wolves again.

((I think I time-skipped... is it full moon already?))

((^^ You are with the pack... Aren't you O.o Yindol is kinda in the middle of a conversation with another wolf, though, so a timeskip would be awkward....))

((Yes. I was just a homeless little girl before, right? And I hate cops xd.png But what time is it?))

(I submitted the char sheet and here's my first post, hope it's not an inconveince, I'll take it down if it is.)

Robert, James, and Serina opened the door into Orion's house, scanning around the floor they didn't see any sign of him. Then a large figure jumped down from the roof's support beams and landed with a loud thud. "HOLY S***!" Serina screamed. Then she looked closer to see a vague semblance to Orion. "Is that...you?" He nodded. She gave him a gentle push. "You about gave me a heart attack!" Orion shrugged. Robert and James were standing behind Serina, unsure what to say at the moment. The last time they saw him, roughly a week ago he had more wolflike features but was still easily human to what anyone could see and this was the first time he was full werewolf.

"Since I've started turning into...this, I've had trouble sitting still for too long, I was climbing on the roof this morning. When I was like this last month I still didn't look totally like this but at least I'm in better control now." The group focused less on what he said, but more how he said it. His voice was somewhat deeper, had a confident ring to it, like that most leader-like people had, despite being a werewolf it even sounded more masculine. "Your voice seems to of changed as well..." Serina whispered. "That it has, and I have only been like this for two days, not counting when I looked like something between a wolf and man." "You're still only 16 yet you are twice as hairy as my uncle, and we call him sasquatch." Orion laughed loudly and looked at how hairy he really was. "I thought I'd be an old man by the time I'd have this much hair on my chest."

James finally spoke up after being so quiet. "You never did tell us exactly how this happened to you, you just summed it up." Robert and Serina nodded in agreement. "Alrighty, suppose I should tell you, I took my favorite bow, Raptor, and went down the road about a mile to practice, then a group of werewolves were on me in an instant, they looked somewhat like I do now, they tore me up pretty bad and they were gone as quick as they appeared, I fell unconscious before I could move and the next morning I limped home, then I invited all of you as I wasn't feeling well and you know what happened after that, there's really not much to what happened."

"Do you think this is permanent, your condition I mean." "I think it might, but that might not be a bad thing, even while an ordinary person I feel more alive, less restrained, I am much stronger, faster and more nimble than I used to be, my wit feels sharper and I don't feel vulnerable. The only problem is that one week out of the month I can't go into town, one week I look fully human, the other two I can pass for a hairy man. Even so, I wish you all could feel as free as I do." "So you like this?" Robert asked, as if Orion was saying he loved to be a werewolf. "It's not as bad as it looks, I still think normally, I feel things normally. Even so, I do want answers, why those werewolves attacked and did this to me. Tonight I'm going to go look for them and get the information I want.

((Nrrr, I don't think Yindol is going to get a reply soon, how about we say that Yindol chased the werewolf hunter away, just for now? Lets start RPing from the morning...))

Yindol huffed, rubbing her nose with a paw. Morning were so boring... Most wolves were sleeping in, after having such a fun night before. Her tail thumped the ground lightly with annoyance. She had missed a hunt thanks to that 'Russian' wolf. Ears twitching, Yindol stood up sleepily, sniffing the air for any scents that might lead to food. Deer. In one swift bound, she disappeared into the dense trees, following her nose towards her catch.

Tony rolled over so he was on his back, his paws sticking up at strange angles. He was so childish, even when he wasn't conscious of it. His tongue looked out of his mouth, legs twitching every now and then as he dreamed of something or other. Pausing, his ear twitched as there were footsteps near him. Then he seemed to shrug it off, flopping on his side with a thud and continuing to sleep. It was rare that he got a chance to enjoy his rest, especially during his time away.

Cherry gave a large yawn. She blinked open her eyes and lay there for a while, thinking. She looked around at Golten, sleeping beside her and sat up. As she gazed at him fondly, she couldn't help but shake off the feeling that something bad was going to happen. She looked up, still deep in thought.

---

Raven nudged his new partner with his paw. She was still asleep, or so that is what it seemed like. He then gave a bark, trying to tell her it was time to wake up. He had gotten in through the window early that morning from the police staition. He didn't know if this was how 'partners' were meant to behave, but since he was here, he might as well wake her up. He stared down at her face, waiting for her to open her eyes.

Merana groaned. Muttering something like: "Leme... 'lone...." before turning over. The bark startled her, and her eyelids snapped open, her hands bringing up the gun that was lying beside her. She stared up at the wolfish muzzle, blinking in surprise and backing away as fast as she could, which wasn't very fast as she had fallen asleep slumped against a window. Then she understood, and moved her hand to her forehead. "Raven." She exclaimed, holstering her gun.

By the time the sun crept through the trees, the golden she-wolf was already up and preparing for the day. She never was one to sleep in, given all her years of living had filled her brain with all sorts of images and memories that enjoyed haunting her mind in the early hours. Lilith didn't mind so much anymore, given she'd had many hundreds of years to get used to it. Instead she put her consciousness to good use and relieved a sentry of their night watch duty.

Once the others began moving around and bemoaning the sunlight, Lilith left her post to another wolf and made her rounds. A good morning nod here, a wave of the tail there, or any other acknowledging gesture to those that had looked up at her as she passed by. She checked in on the younger lycans to be sure they were still sound asleep, or at least still in bed. The last thing Lilith needed was to go hunt down some obnoxiously adventurous puppy while the human world was likewise blooming into consciousness.

Once satisfied that the other wolves would take over their duties at camp, the Beta took the initiative to take to patrol. She generally did like patrolling by herself, though it wasn't unheard of for her to take along a companion. Just extremely uncommon, and most of them left her alone to it- pestering Lilith in the morning while she was still sorting out her thoughts made Mama Wolf very irritable.

The cool, crisp air was sweet in her lungs as she wove through the trees, ears pricked and tails erect as she moved. Her dark nose followed the fresh wind and picked out anything abnormal; a rotting carcass that didn't get properly buried, pollution from cars beyond the forest, and a frightened skunk (needless to say, she steered away from that one). She visited the very outskirts of their forest territory and took long pauses at the areas where the unfamiliar police werewolf had passed through. There was a hint of a human female at one point, but Lilith wasn't all that concerned with her presence- a police woman Lilith could deal with, but from the smell of her dog, he was older than the golden she-wolf. Which was rare, given Lilith was one of the oldest within several hundred miles. What was even more peculiar is that he smelled almost twice her age- which made her wonder what kind of connection he had to the land. It made her think back to the hazy memories of her human life and the night she'd been bitten in the forest by her family's castle.

Lilith's nose twitched and she snorted softly. She wasn't all that fond of reliving those memories, even if she was grateful that the entire event got her out of marrying that idiot Charles Washburn. Her family might have been anxious to see her start her own, but to select a boy such as Charles for the job... dear lord. Lilith shook her head and bared her teeth at the remnants of memory that had been her first encounter with the fellow.

After a while, the Beta renewed the markings in those areas and left. The smell of the police dog was faint, anyway, which meant he hadn't been back in the forest since he'd left. Not that she doubted he'd return, since he had appeared quite interested in Golten, but the thought of the police dog made her think back to the young girl that served as their hunt the previous night. She wondered how the girl was faring, and if Doug needed any assistance with her.

It didn't take Lilith long to reach Doug's secluded little spot. She noticed the girl was where she had left her the night before, and cautiously reached down to sniff the girl's wounded shoulder. At least it seemed like the bleeding had stopped a long time ago, which would be good news for the girl. Well, good news if she could adjust to life as a werewolf. How is she? Lilith asked, turning to Doug and swishing her tail casually with a soft whine.

Tony finally woke up, grunting with pleasure as he stretched his legs out in front of him. His head was still ringing with his mother's words- he had been dreaming of his mother. Her little Antonio, she used to call him. Even as a young adult, which had been increasingly frustrating for him. Granted, that was so many years ago, but still. Now he looked back on the memory with fondness- how he missed his mother. She had been a stout little Italian woman, always bustling about and taking care of everyone. After getting bit, he eventually had to stop seeing her because he wasn't aging. He ended up reading about her death in a newspaper- she had died of a heart attack. With nothing left to keep him in Italy, he had boarded a caravan and headed northeast. The only reason he had stuck around was to make sure his mother was okay. England was a bit of a change, but he had managed just like always. Eventually he had made a name for himself in Golten's pack as a flirt and the beta, but it didn't really bring him any happiness.

Rolling to his paws, Tony pushed the memories out of his head and yawned. He was fine, he thought stubbornly. That was hundreds of years ago, quite literally. Blinking sleep from his eyes, he snuffled a few times and found Lillith's scent lingering, though fading fast. He never did get the chance to talk to her since his return. Shaking his back leg to wake it up, he trotted in the direction of her slowly fading scent. It seemed she had gone on a patrol, but then her trail led elsewhere. Curious, he followed with his nose brushing the ground occasionally.

Edited by Sweet_Wyvern

((Just a little heads up, We're in England, not America xd.png Also, we don't have Skunks, but we have badgers, foxes and Adders...))

Aliana woke up that morning. She was still tired and alone. She blinked the sleep out of her eyes and stood up. The sun fell through a gap and shone on her fur. She wandered through the forest, darting around trees. She hadn't seen anyone for a long time, since the incident with the girl. Still, she wandered on and headed back to the camp.

((Whoa no skunks in England? I didn't know that. Whoops~!))

Raven gave a woof as a greetings and looked to the side, slightly annoyed that she had tried to pull a gun on him. He looked back and asked in a wolfish voice, "So, what now?"

---

Cherry yawned and got up, shaking herself. Deciding to give Golten a good rest, she stepped outside, taking a deep breath and looking around.

---

Isa twitched in her sleep, seeming to be having a nightmare. Yesterday had taken a lot out of her and she didn't even wake up when she bit herself in terror of the dream. She rolled over and continued to whimper and twitch.

(Anyome gonna post?)

Robert, james, and serina were all still asleep when Orion took of into the woods, he could cover a lot of ground in wolf form, being 16, fast, and in shape were bood for being human, great for a wolf. He ran at speeds he never imagined he could. It was exhilerating, the wind blowing past his cheeks, his claws in a blur of motion as he scanned the area for any sign of who or whatever turned him into a wolf. While he loved how it felt, being faster, leaner more agile than he could ever hope to be otherwise. Still, he wanted answers.

Edited by Orion97

((Uhhhh.... Noooooo...????))

Golten flicked his tail, letting out a contented sigh as he legs twitched slightly. His dreams wandered far and wide, his sleeping mind thinking of everyday problems and what wolves should do. They should stay here, sitting around, waiting. They should be able to roam where they wish.

--------------

Merana watched the werewolf curiously. "Don't you ever wish you could be in a pack? With your own kind?"