Skellybones

Amber Eyes - Accepting

Aliana looked at the girl with sad eyes. She wanted to help her but knew she couldn't. She could feel her heart sink and her head dropped. She knew she couldn't stay for long so turned and ran away. She moved through the trees until she settled, in a clearing that was far away from the Pack Camp. She would only go if she was called and if she heard a howl, next time, she'd stick to the shadows. maybe that way, she wouldn't get involved in things like this. Why did she even go along in the first place? She was desperate to be accepted and now... She ran after the howls.

Cherry sighed and looked at Golten. She then looked at the girl, feeling a bit sorry for what she had done. She wasn't that interested in the girl at the moment though, something that Raven said had caught her attention. "Golten. What do you think the dog meant when he said our pack brought back too many good memories?" Cherry asked, padding towards her mate.

Golten shook his head. "I don't know, he might have once been in the pack, but I was either too young, or not alive to remember. He has the smell of an old wolf. At least five hundred years old." He sniffed the air, before starting to walk back to the clearing. The ground where the girl had lain was bloodstained, the leaves red and the root that had caught her leg was glinting in the moonlight. He was hungry, he noticed, and the short taste of blood had made him eager for more. He flicked his tail, motioning to Cherry to follow him.

Cherry started to follow Golten when she saw his tail flick. She looked back at the girl for a moment, letting the words Raven had said replay in her mind.

---

As they neared the edge of the forest, Raven suddenly stopped and looked back at Merana.

Merana felt the wind on her face again, telling her they were out of the forest. The trees could stop the wind passing, giving the forest an eerie feel. She noticed Raven was looking at her, and tilted her head in a curious way. "You were too late, weren't you?"

Raven nodded. Then he spoke, trying to make his voice as human as possible. He didn't want to play another game of charades. "At least I stopped them from getting too far. I don't understand though..."

Tony had switched the camera to hold crooked under one arm as he slowed to a walk, tired of the plastic taste in his mouth. At the sounds of a struggle and angry voices he paused, his hackles rising slightly. Why was it that there was always trouble? He rumbled silently for a moment, though really he was used to it. Chaos was the one constant in their lives. Emerging from the brush, his gaze sought out Golten.. And Cherry. Ah, so his assumption had been correct. Good thing he hadnt tried to pursue that little fantasy. Could've lost his ears. Loping up to the male, he dropped the camera at his feet and made a huffing sound in the back of his throat. "Human in the woods taking pictures," he said gruffly, inclining his head towards the device on the ground.

Jack let out the breath he'd been holding and jumped down from the tree, he ran all the way home without stopping.

--------------

Kaoru whined and wished she could go and reassure the girl.

She ran back to her 'den'

Golten studied the beta male carefully. "Didn't think to tell me of this sooner?" He shook his head. "Sorry, bad mood tonight. Welcome home, by the way." He examined the camera, curious. He'd seen things like it before, but did not know the name.

-------------------------------------

Merana listened carefully, managing to decipher the words. "Don't understand what?" Her brown hair fell slightly to one side as she tilted her head.

If the surly comment bothered the beta male, which it didn't, he had a good way of hiding it. "I came straight here as soon as I found it," Tony said, twitching an ear. Bad mood, huh? That was nothing new, but he didn't blame the alpha. There was a lot of craze around here it seemed. "Thank you," he replied with a dip of his head, ever the obedient soldier around Golten. He was slightly younger, and while cameras were after his time, he had spent enough time in the modern world to know what they were. "It's called a camera," he said gruffly, sitting back on his haunches. "They use 'em to capture images of things... Like werewolves, for example. Either way, that human wont be poking his nose around these woods for a while," he said, drawing his lips back in an almost sneer.

Raven shook his head and carried on walking, deciding not to share his thoughts. He came out of the forest and turned to ask, "Do you have a partner yet?"

---

Cherry curiously sniffed the 'camera'. She flinched as the horrible smell of plastic wafted over her nose. "It smells horrible."

Merana shook her head. "Nope. No wolf seems to fit my personality. They always end up trying to eat me. I wouldn't have thought that would make a good pairing..." She chewed the inside of her cheek, thinking.

Raven came over and gave her a sniff. "Well, you do smell delicious," he commented, "But don't worry, I won't eat you." He backed away slightly, smirking. "I don't have a partner either. You want to try being mine?"

Merana grinned at him, before waving a hand. "Sure..." She frowned. "Wait. What? You want me to be your partner? But you've been here for... years, surely you already found your partner?" She looked at him curiously, the wind tugging her hair back towards the forest.

Raven shook his head. "I do not have a partner," he told Merana, "Maybe it's because I wander off too much..." He let out a wolffish chuckle. "To me, you're all children that'll die before they have the chance to advance into adulthood. Really, it's probably because I say things like that."

Jake bit his tongue as the needle pierced his skin, he knew he was too young for tattoos but he didn't care, he could easily pass for someone at least 16, plus it was only a small one, a wolf, half way between his shoulder and his heart. he hadn't wanted to anger the wolves in the wood, merely see if there were any, he wanted to go back but knew that tony would tear him to shreds.

he admitted that a majority of his ideas were rubbish, one came to mind then but was quickly dismissed, he couldn't exactly leave half a ton of raw steak in the woods, they might think it was a trap or worse still, that he was mocking them. no, he needed an idea that would make them like him. he smiled, he was sort of like a missionary, a missionary from the humans to the wolves.

-----------------------------

Kaoru yawned, she was tired, but she was also hungry, she ate a rabbit but it was hardly filling so she went to find something bigger, a pig maybe, that had escaped from a nearby farm, her mouth watered at the thought of it.

((Your characters are doing an awful amount of time-skipping, Awsomeamazingam O.o It is still night, something like 12ish... I doubt any tattoo shops will be open at that time...))

Merana's lip curved upwards in a half-smile. "Sure, then... So.... what do you do if you have a partner?" She raised an eyebrow, looking him straight in the eye. If he was to be her partner, then he would have to know that she was not one to be bossed around, or treated like a child.

Aliana shivered a little. It was the middle of the night and she was alone, in the clearing she had been in for a while. She shook her tail and listened into the night. She'd been alone since the beginning, no one had spoken to her for a long time. She felt alone. A Tawny Owl hooted and she flicked her ears. She then went on a walk, she wondered who she would find, who would yell at her, growl at her or perhaps, just perhaps, someone would talk to her. There was a small chance but what if they did? She might feel part of the pack. She hung her head as she walked, blinking and walking into the darkness. Then, instead of walking, she broke into a run, the wind blowing onto her skin. She felt free. It was the only time she felt like she was with someone.

Raven shrugged. "I've never had a partner before. You should go ask one of the wolves who have one. I'll probably have to follow you around or something. Make sure you're safe and all..." he said, shrugging.

Merana grinned. "I probably could do with some sort of protection... You'll find I get into quite a bit of trouble..."

-------------------------------------

Yindol growled at the wolf. "Well? Are you going to answer my question or just stand there with your tail between your legs?"

"That makes two of us then," Raven said, mouth curling into a wolfish smile. "We'd better head back..."

He then began padding back to the station.

She nodded to him and began following. Her head was filled with new experiences and excitement. She had a partner. An actual partner. And he was the oldest wolf here. She had already done something with him, even if it was just waiting...