TwilightMoonDragon

Shadows: Whisper | Assassin's Creed

Ambra Neirum

The woman gazed at him with wide eyes. "I didn't mean to offend." she said. "I'm just curious."

[Dinner.]

((Gosh you eat at a weird hour. Though... I did just eat lunch an hour ago...))

Cullen Reid

"No offense taken, lass." Cullen said with a smile. "We have a right to all knowledge." She was refreshing. She reminded him of home in appearance and in manner. "That's what we're here to do, isn't it? On Earth. To learn." Of course no one really knew why, but that's what he liked to think. "But what about you? I haven't noticed anyone else new aboard but do you have a betrothed? Surely someone has snagged you." She was attractive, and he wouldn't deny that. He wasn't going to be unfaithful or even try to, but his mind worked as it did and there was little he could do for that.

Edited by Dusset

Ambra Neirum

Ambra's distraught face became bright when Cullen took no offense. That was great! At least she had not made an enemy. "Me? Have a betrothed, a partner?" she glanced away, blushing harshly. It was obvious that she was not comfortable speaking about romance. "N... no. I do not have a partner. Not many want a girl with almost no backbone." she grinned nervously, scratching her head. It was a breezy morning, she had to admit.

"Oy! Cullen! We be heading south!" a small woman was looking up at them, a frown on her face. She had raven hair and a pair of sharp eyes. "Going to Lipari, and you better keep your eyes on the ocean. I don't want to see you looking at any woman on deck."

Ambra watched the woman closely.

"Get off of there, Ambra. You have work to do. Scrub the deck."

Cullen Reid

"Well, we sail all over. You'll find one." Cullen said, and returned her grin genuinely. Ceto called up to them and he gave her an assassin's salute. Pulling out a map, he told Ambra, "Looks like we have to part. See ya around." Scanning, he shouted to the wheel, "South-West one nautical mile and South-East from there!"

((Uh... Short... Skip? Or will we have an epic sea battle?))

Edited by Dusset

Theresa Windhill

Theresa was wandering the lower parts of the ship, stopping by the rum once or twice to contemplate being drunk so early. Would it improve her mood? The thought reminded her of her father, and so she shot down the idea each time. The possibility of escaping the image of the room made sure she returned to the stash. She adjusted her skirt and sat down on a nearby box. She mostly wanted to avoid Ceto and possibly regain whatever she had left in her to stand being polite a whole day. "I wonder why I even ran away..." she voiced her thoughts aloud, hoping that saying them would bring clarity or something.

They didn't. She was just left with the emptiness that she always had. She stared at the ceiling, thinking that if she weren't on a boat, then she would be abandoning her duties as first mate and she couldn't just run away and hide. Theresa knew that this was just a series of bad days and that she'd get over it eventually. It was only a matter of patience and diligence. She'd get over this -sooner or later. Maybe there was a stowaway down here. Feh, they were pretty obviously not people anyone wanted to mess with, so who would even want to deal with pirates. They tended to be more aggressive and rude. Then again, she had gotten her start that way...

Velia

She was beginning to get nauseous. The rocking of the ship made her dizzy and sea sick, and she rested her head against a box. She was about to signal to Stark to see when she could walk around. But Velia's plan was thwarted when she spotted a woman sitting atop the boxes. Oh God, who was that? The woman seemed depressed, almost like she was in deep thought. Frowning, she decided that she was too close to her. She was literally two boxes away. She had to move. Slinking closer to the floor, she attempted to crawl away. Though, she was wearing her silk dress, and it snagged on a nail. A whimper escaped her lips as she turned to look at her trap. Great. Grabbing the dress, she pulled it off the nail. But the motion caused her body to jerk violently and slammed against some boxes. In an instant, the boxes fell over her, trapping her underneath them. Whimpering louder, she attempted to push them off, but they were too heavy. What now? Would the pirate eat her?

Theresa

She'd been off in thought when the boxes fell. It had to be a stowaway, she stood and drew her sword slowly. She wondered who had tried to hitch a ride. Maybe someone picked up some flotsam woman in the harbor and they decided to follow? She stopped when she was Velia. She suppressed a snicker as she asked, "What are you doing under there? That seems to be more or less not helping you hide." she shook her head and started to push the boxes. It took some effort on her part -she was built for sword fighting and tea not moving things around like a ruffian- but she managed to move the box off the woman. When that was done, she offered her hand to the other woman. "So, what are you doing on a pirate ship, girl? Surely you know that us pirate eat people?" her tone implied that she was almost ready to laugh, but her mouth didn't burst into a real smile. The corners of her mouth turned a up just a little, but you could miss that if you weren't paying attention. A girl stowaway on a ship found by the first mate, and someone was probably going to pay. Ceto wouldn't be happy about this development unless she became a part of the crew or was dumped over the side.

Velia Paparano

The boxes were pulled off of her and a shadow loomed over her. It was another woman, and she reached out her hand. Velia flinched. "Please don't eat me." she whispered, trembling and cowering away.

[Gettin my nails done.]

Theresa

"I'm not going to eat you…" Theresa said. This must have been a special kind of stupid that this girl had. "As I asked before, what are you doing here?"

[On break]

The wind blew and batted mercilessly. It was a rather windy day and the sky was overcast and melancholy, but no rain came to satisfy the flora and fauna. It was a day where all the lonely people and the sad drunkards would look outside and just think about how life was so depressing. All the easily influenced would feel apathetic and lazy, not wanting to stir or move a single muscle. And yet on that lazy, sad day, the assassins of the Sista Viska were taking a city by storm. Ceto's home city was under the heavy thumb of the Knight's Templar, being exploited and drained dry by their oppressive rule.

~

Abe felt a little naked without the cannons to fight with right then (she would be ready if ordered to fight with cannons), but she had her flintlock and that was enough kick of explosion to get her amped up. Narrowing her eyes, the woman cocked the firearm and looked around. On the highest deck, she could see the whole city and almost felt bad for it. Poor people. Poor city. But they'd be free soon. Turning from the view, she bustled around with everyone else as they prepared for the excursion. Abe just hoped they would pull themselves together so they could free the city instead of being their normal bunch of mishmashed drunkards and ex-vagrants with no sense of honor.

Cullen was straightening feathers on his arrows. Monotonous and useless work. All hos arrows were set right and true. He strapped his quiver tight to his back and string his bow, which promptly went across his shoulders. Sliding on a rope to the deck, his boots clacked on the wood and he flicked up his hood. He actually gave an imposing image when you couldn't see his face. Only his nose and down could be seen clearly. Green eyes hidden in the shadows. He saw Abe and smiled but wasn't sure she could see it. He stood at the rails and looked at the town. Knock had been taken by Templars. That wasn't hard. The whole village was taken by six men. He and Sarah had taken it back. Dublin though. Dublin was still under their control. He gripped the rails a bit tighter. Damn it. That city. Ireland's gem. Soiled like that. This was revenge for Dublin, it was personal for him too.

Ceto Sylvini

Lipari. It was her home town, you know. That was why she wanted to save it.

The captain of the Sista Viska looked over her city with solemn eyes. First, a stowaway. Next, this. She wanted to relax in her home town, lay in the beach while the waves washed over her like a passionate lover's sweet carress. Act like a girl again. But there would be none of that. From the deck of her ship, she could see the oppression tighten its hold on her home. Ceto rested her elbow on the leg that was placed on the railing. She chewed on her lip thoughtfully. Lipari was small. But she would have to make sure that no one got hurt in the city. Lifting her foot off of the railing, she turned and walked to where Cullen and Abe were getting ready for battle. "This battle will not spread to sea. Most Templars do not have ships such as our own, and I have not seen any yet. Cullen, Ambra, Robb, and Malcolm will take to the roof tops with their bows. On the signal, you strike down any Templar in sight as harsh as the wrath of God. Then, the rest of us will rush the remaining Templars and take them on in melee fighting." she glanced at them. "Then, I'm buying at the local tavern." murmured Ceto with a wry grin. "Understood?"

Cullen Reid

Cullen turned when Ceto approached and nodded. "Aye. I'll take you up on that offer." He said with a chuckle. So they were going to be up in the shadows. Good. He'd take his little group, because whether they liked it or not he was the officer, and split into pairs. No archer should go alone if it was possible to avoid. They could cover more ground and would be able to take multiple vantages. If one shot was impossible, it wouldn't be a block over. "Ambra, Robb, Malcolm! Huddle up!" He called as he walked away. He wanted to coordinate now. He wondered if they were familiar with field gestures. Hans signals over shouting made stealth easier. Whoever was would be lead on the other pair. If they all did, great. If none did, he'd run them down on it. He wasn't used to working in a group but he knew what he was doing at the helm. He just preferred to let others take the wheel.

Dread Pirate, Roberts

The man had been stringing all morning. His duties done, he just say on his rump and drank. But as he heard plans of taking back Lipari, he grinned. "Captain." He said as he walked over. "Might I point out a flaw with your plan. You have conflict down but killing a bunch of sword-jockeys doesn't free a city. You have to get the leader. You have to make a statement, personally, I'd stake his head at the docks but that's me. While the crew's off swinging and shooting, consider sending someone other than the archers around the back. They could slip in and catch the leader with his pants around his ankles. It might even save some bloodshed. Slaughter is great and all, but you have to think politically. You might kill someone, but to get effective results it has to be done in the public eye. People need to know you don't play around and are here to make a stand. Do you understand?" She might be captain, and her paycheck might keep him loyal, but she was still inexperienced and he had decades on her career.

Robert "Robb" DuBois

Robb heard his name being called and walked over to Cullen. Robb was an archer, yes, but one who tipped his arrows with poison. Not necessarily called a quick death. Malcolm, a young man who constantly had a sniffle and an archer as well, walked up with Ambra, who were both prepared for battle. "What's the plan?" Robb asked in thickly accented Italian.

Ceto Sylvini

Ceto perked when the cook came to her and pointed out a flaw. Now, Ceto usually would smack anyone across the face when they said she was wrong, but this was serious. Rubbing her chin, she gazed at him with narrowed slits for eyes. "... True. How about you take care of that with me, Roberts? Theresa can lead the land platoon to take out the minor guards."

[busy and heard some terrible news.]

Cullen watched as his team showed up. "Alright. Robb, you and Malcolm will form a pair. Ambra you're with me. We're gonna move in on parallel sides of the main force. The idea is to take out rooftops and assist when the fighting starts. We're gonna be ahead of everyone else, so watch your bàcks. Watch your partner's back, too. Leav'em out to dry and you probably won't make it back here." He left it open to interpretation as to whether he'd be ensuring that.

Roberts nodded. "Can do." He said. He wasn't even going to bring someone else with him. He couldn't care less what assassin skills the crew had, he'd be faster and quieter alone. Besides, all he had to do was scare people. Already knew how. "I'll get moving the second he hit dock."

((Short. Morning. Still in bed. XD))

Abe heard the orders from Ceto and nodded slightly. So slightly that one might not even notice that she'd moved and inch. "...Rush....them...," she murmured quietly. "Rush them. I have to rush them..." Her voice was a quiet whisper. Some words didn't even come out, so she just lost air in trying to say them. Blinking the surprise from her eyes, she rubbed her temples and sighed deeply. It's okay, it's okay. Just nerves. Calm down and you'll be fine. Putting one shaking hand on top of another, she tried to quell her jitters. Finding herself unsuccessful, she lowered one hand into one of her many pockets and pulled out a small flask. Taking a long swig of the drink that seemed to be somewhere around 95% alcohol content, she blinked and looked around. God, why was everything rocking. Oh right. Ship. Things rock on a ship. Cool. Alright. Her hands still shook, though. So she took another swig. At that point, her hands still shook a little but she no longer cared. Cooooooooooool. Leeeeeeeet's do it! she thought as she stumbled around with a stupid grin on her face.

Ambra Neirum

She was getting paired with Cullen? Ambra ran her hand over her bow and nodded. She was ready. The boat slowly docked and she watched Ceto give the signal to attack. "Lead the way."

Cullen Reid

Cullen quickly ran down halt, go and fire hand signals and finished his little conference with his archers. They dispersed because there was no reason to stand around together. He kept an eye on Ambra so he could grab her when they headed out. He sought out Abigail and saw her with a flask. He didn't have much to say but he wanted to say it anyways. He tapped her on the shoulder and said, "Hey. Be careful out there. I don't want to come back alone, huh?" He smiled and this one he knew she could see clearly, even though his hood was up. "You know where to find me, I'll be up where no one can see me." She seemed shaky and he wondered why. He'd ask but they would be deep in combat soon and this wasn't the time for this all. The boat stopped and he gave her a kiss before heading off. "Ambra, we're gonna head that building, alright? Then we're gonna follow this line and take point on that tower to get a better view."

Ambra Neirum

The woman glanced up at the man, and nodded. She knew that Cullen was more experienced and he would know what he was doing. Ambra leapt off the boat and looked back at Cullen. "Come on then."

The woman grinned after Cullen and waved a big wave. The kind of wave that made someone's whole body move. And it was worse with the tremors, but Abe just didn't care. "Seeeeeeeeeeeee yooooooooouuuuuuu laaaaaaaaaaaaterrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!" she shouted, slurring and holding the words for eternities longer than necessary. As the alcohol flowed through her and really took a hold her her, she stopped shaking involuntarily, but her giggles rattled the body just as much, maybe more. As she stumbled, the drunk pirate fell on the ground against the rail of the ship and stayed there a bit. God, what's gotten into me? I'm drunk off my ass before we're supposed to take back a city. Struggling to stand, she let the rail carry her weight and vomited over the side of the boat. Wiping her mouth with the back of one hand, she went to a pail of water and splashed it on her face. I've done all I can do with this foggy mind and awkward body to get it true again. If I die, it's my own fault... It was getting increasingly harder to keep herself thinking clearly, and it would soon fade into impossibility...

(Will Ceto initiate the attack now?)

Cullen Reid

Cullen jumped after Ambra. He signaled to move and ran up the wall, grabbing the edge of the one story roof. He hiked himself over the lip and rolled into a crouch. He padded across the shingles like a cat and climbed another level. There was a guard but he never saw the assassin. It had been too long since he'd done this. What he'd been trained through the second half of his life so far, to do. "Ambra." He gave the signals for 'go' and 'fire'. He drew his bow and stalked towards the tower. It was easy enough. He released an arrow every few moments but never broke stride. If Ambra was close enough behind him, she would hear him praying after every shot. Every cry of pain was met with a whisper for their soul. They didn't make noise for long. He always ensured that deaths were swift. Agonizing pain was not necessary. It was, however, not time to cripple. These men had to die. He scaled the tower and took a position that oversaw the crew's likely route.

Dread Pirate, Roberts

Roberts jumped off the boat before it docked. He landed in knee high water and trudged up the beach. He slipped through the back alleys until he saw a group of four. Templars. Standing at the cross section between two alleys. He couldn't climb like Ceto's assassins so his only choice was to go through. He drew his kukri and flung it hard, breaking one man's skull. He leapt from the shadows, rapiers in hands and managed to kill another before they realized what was going on. "Bah. Pathetic." He said and he slit one man's throat. The fourth was a challenge, he got the drop and smashed his hand guard into Robert's back. He fell and had to roll so he could hold the downwards attack from this man's blade. The old pirate kicked him in the crotch with both feet and got up, kneeing him in the face and slamming him into a wall with all the force he could muster. Now all he had to do was get away. He disappeared into the next alley way.

((If someone so likes, he could be followed by [insert character here].))

Edited by Dusset

Ambra Neirum

The two were like foxes. Quick, quiet. Ambra followed Cullen's shadow, felling guard after guard with her arrows. She heard him whisper prayers, but Ambra remained quiet. Soon, they were on the tower. Ambra looked down at the ground. "The people are so tiny." she murmured, knocking another arrow in preparation.

For a while it seemed clear. Ambra looked toward Cullen and nodded. She had to check everywhere else... getting off of the tower, she walked around and shut down some guards. But suddenly, a man grabbed her from behind and held her in place. A few other guards surrounded her and proceeded to punch her belly. "Cullen!" she cried before being completely winded.

Edited by TwilightMoonDragon

Cullen nodded back to Ambra when she went off to check elsewhere. He stayed in the tower and continued to silence Knights. It was a disgrace to the title 'knight'. And to think the Crusades had started with such great purpose. But suddenly he heard the woman's cry. He might as well have bolted out of the tower as he jumped into a hay cart. He landed hard and had to take a second to stand up. Once he was on his feet he was running. Slipping around a corner he saw the guards. Throwing a pair of knives he picked up his pace. He was still a hundred meters off when the blades soared through the stomachs of these men, and when they died he was in the air, cutlass in hand. The guard got spooked and released his grip. Cullen slayed him on his way back to Earth but couldn't flip in air fast enough to avoid collision with Ambra. He tumbled into her and they rolled. Once they were stopped, he ended on top of her. The adrenaline wore off after a moment of panting and he was met with her eyes, lovely green. "Are you injured badly?" He asked, as it was his first concern.

Ambra Neirum

Ambra was used to pain. That was what she was taught to withstand. But she was sure that the guards would soon grow bored with her and then slay her. That was why she was panicking. Ambra yelped when she was met with blood, and the man released his grip. For a fraction of a second. It was then that something barreled into her. She was met with a pair of green eyes. "I am fine." she breathed. "Just a bit winded."

[bed.]

"That's good." Cullen said. He stayed there for a moment until he realized he was on top of her and silent. He stood up and offered her a hand. "I'm sorry about that. There wasn't enough time and I thought he was going to hold on and..." He was rambling because he was embarrassed. He was embarrassed because he'd lingered. He shouldn't have lingered. Even if it had been a few seconds, he shouldn't have. "We should he back before anyone notices we're gone." That signees like they were kids who snuck off to do it. Damn it. He'd flustered himself,

((Likewise.))