TwilightMoonDragon

Shadows: Whisper | Assassin's Creed

Mary

Mary contained her excitement. "We could probably do less illegal things than dine and dash, like visit a pastry shop or something," she offered. After a moment, she added, "I'm just glad that you're not mad at me..."

Theresa

"Better than last time. There was much less yelling." Theresa replied, but her mind was elsewhere. She was thinking if she could get her hands on some tea then maybe the demons would vanish again. Her head hurt, her hand hurt, and all she wanted was some peace and quiet. "Well, we have some time to spare, care to browse for tea shops with me?"

[Chores. dry.gif ]

Edited by RainDash

Castiel

The place was stuffy, but it would have to do. His eyes darted to and fro the area, taking everything in. He had to admire the craftsmanship of the dresses. Not a stitch was crooked. As Poppy walked away to try on a dress, he pressed close and felt the fabric between his index and middle fingers. It was soft and well made... For a moment, he thought about her. Lily. His hand tightened on the dress, and his eyes narrowed. He remembered the day that they met. She dragged him home after a heavy day of drinking, and the next day they split once more. It was sad, really. He had grown close... He had grown to love her. Even in those moments that they spent in bed. And then there was nothing between them. Poppy walked back outside and he glanced at her. A laugh escaped his lips. "Looks nice. If you want to look like an old English woman."

Robb

Yeah, Robb didn't want to do any illegal stuff anymore. Maybe a stroll through the countryside? Or maybe they could visit the horses? Anything that didn't get them in trouble with authorities. Hmm. Visiting a bakery would be nice, especially since Robb loved sweets. Any kind of sweets, actually. And then they could go and walk around the marketplace. That would be great, and Robb could get his mind off of a few things. Like some sailors' desperate itching in certain places... it was hell to him. Robb grinned at Mary and nodded his head. She always made him smile. "I'm glad that you're not angry at me. That was kind of stupid, what I did back at France. I should have held back." he explained. He should have done it. But for some reason, he enjoyed it.

Ceto

"Tea?" Ceto glanced at Theresa. She really was the strange woman. She was the proper Englishwoman, one that did not burp or fart. And she had this fascination with tea. But she had to please even her first mate. That, and she didn't spend time with her as much as she spent time with herself. "Fine, we can go and browse some tea. Not that I knew that there was more than one tea..."

"There is actually more than one type of tea." Ambra piped up, smiling a bit. Her voice was very bright, and Ceto hoped that she would not speak like that on the ship. It was too sweet. "Green and black teas... And then there are certain things you can put in it. I like coffee better though."

Ceto cast Theresa a glance and frowned. Well, she didn't know there were different types...

"What?" Poppy asked, brows raised. She turned to look in the full body mirror and smirked. "Oh yeah? Then what would you pick?" She placed her hands on her hips and tilted her head. "If you're so good at this." She thought the dress was nice. Old Englishwoman her left butt cheek! This showed ankle! Granted that was considerably less than she normally showed, nobility had a hissy fit if you could see a lady's ankle.

((HW))

Stark Dietrich

Following the noblewoman had been a piece of cake. The place where she had ultimately ended up was definitely a Templar building. Frankly, he wasn't sure if they were important to the Templars, or just aligned themselves with them. Maybe they were spare change for the organization. Stark watched through the windows, following where Velia was taken to, until ultimately she stopped in what appeared to be a bedroom. He gave her about an hour and half to settle in, using the time to check out the extent of his injuries from the fall. He certainly did have a broken rib on his left side, but that appeared to be all there was. The bruises on his side were livid, and his body groaned every time he moved. No more climbing with hangovers, not climbing on the outside of boats. Stark climbed to Velia's window with ease. He tapped on it, grinning widely.

"M'lady? Are you there?"

Bruna da Silva

As it turned out, Garrett wasn't half as bad as he had let on. In fact, Bruna had a hard time believing that was his first time being with a woman. He certainly knew his way around the bed. If she was completely honest with herself, she'd enjoyed it. But, now was the time to get ready for the next. This was her life. Please the men every second of the day, and get a few precious hours of rest to yourself. Pulling her dress back on, Bruna glanced back at Garrett. There was just something about this man that she liked more than the others. Maybe it was his shyness to be here. She walked back to him, leaned in close to his face, and kissed him. "You're not half bad, amor," She smiled softly. "But I think I've gotta take a couple more... gentleman callers before I can rest today. Stay here with me for a little while longer? As long as you're here, I don't have to move on."

Castiel

The man laughed again, shaking his head. It was like what Poppy had said before. The French had flair, and he had enough flair to see that the dress looked horrible on her figure. But then, he looked around some more and saw a blue dress. It was very pretty, he figured, and it wasn't that short. She could wear that, and the long skirt would not get in her way. He asked the lady to bring it down, and he realized that it was much prettier up close. It would press close to her body and one could see her curves much easier than the other dress. Not to mention the dress was much softer than how the other dress looked like. "Try this one on. It is utterly gorgeous." he said, holding it out to her. "One could see your creamy legs much easier when you wear this. And it brings out your beautiful eyes." hey. He could flirt too. He watched her with a grin. He sure hoped that she wouldn't hit him. Which she probably would. She was like that.

Velia

Velia was given quite the scolding by her father. The whole room was rattling as he yelled at her, and then she was led to her room by the guards. Tears streamed down her cheeks, and one of the men gave her a tissue. Velia took it with pleasure. Some of the men were nice to her. They snuck her some delicious scraps from the kitchen that she was outlawed to eat because she would become fat. This included cakes and chocolates. She walked to her room and sat down on her bed, brushing her hair and undoing her earrings. When she finished, she pulled off her dress and slipped into something more comfortable. It was a beige dress that hung loosely around her form and went down to her ankles. She loved this dress... She was about to walk back to her bed when she heard a tapping at her window. Glancing up, she gasped when she saw it was Stark, the man that fell in the streets. "Stark!" she cried, walking to the window and opening it. "What are you doing here?" she gazed at him with wide eyes.

Garrett

Well, that was... painful. He didn't know what to do, but he just went with the flow. The woman was a beautiful one. Her skin was like caramel. Her eyes were like the earth. But she was not a proper woman, at least not for him. Garrett sat, still undressed, the thick sheets brought over his waist and part of his stomach. "I'll stay for a while." he said, looking away. The day was dark now, probably around nine. He looked back at her, and sighed. "I have a problem. With a woman. I... she's beautiful." he paused, looking down on the floor. "But she's with another man. And I really, really like her." he glanced up at her to see what she would say.

Bruna da Silva

"Hmm," Really? She desperately wanted to ask him why he had come to the brothel in the first place then. She held her tongue though. Bruna looked at him, and proceeded to throw herself onto the bed, laying next to him in a strictly platonic way. She folded her hands on top of her stomach. "Well, amor, this is something I've never had to deal with. But, you're a wonderful fellow. I'm sure she's just got her head in the clouds," She glanced at Garrett. He was sweet, she had to give him that. "When do you have to head back to the ship?"

Stark Dietrich

He grinned and entered the room without waiting for permission. In fact, it didn't even cross his mind to ask for permission. Stark stood in the room, stiffly. He didn't know the first thing about how to address a noble. He smiled apologetically at Velia and offered a tentative bow. "Just wanted to talk with you a bit more! My name is Stark. Dietrich. I'm a... Well, I'm from Germany originally! And you, m'lady? Why don't you tell me your story?"

((Short. Distracted by Gone with the Wind....))

Heidi watched him get a dress down and agreed it was beautiful. When he called her legs creamy and her eyes beautiful she blushed a little. She gave him a love-tap on the shoulder with her fist and took the dress. "We'll see." She said. Taking the dress back in the room again, she slipped off the one she had and into the new one, which was admittedly easier. No fasteners to mess with. It was silky, though she didn't think it was silk. Stepping back out, she did a quick twirl and the dress flowed around. The sleeves were flow=y too and it was very comfortable. She looked back to Castiel and said, "And now? Do I look like an old english woman now?"

Garrett

Garrett frowned when Bruna said she didn't know what to help him with. Heaving a sigh, he shook his head and laid his head on the pillow, rolling to face Bruna. At least he could have someone to speak to. "We usually leave at the crack of dawn. It's something that the captain holds as tradition." he explained.

Velia

Velia smiled softly then, and bowed back. "Nice to meet you again, Stark. Well, I was born here. In Rome, you know?" Velia smiled softly, glancing over him. "Are you a pirate?" Velia asked.

Castiel

The man looked over her, his gaze sticking to her waist and legs. Yes, she was very pretty. "You look... gorgeous." he said, with a grin. "You look like a proper German young lady. Maybe Italian."

[bed.]

Heidi did another twirl just to get a feel for it and liked t very much. She didn't know why she hadn't chosen this one first. "Danke." She said. "I wouldn't say Italian. No offense to this place but I'm not that keen about it." She turned to the old woman and said, "I'll take it. How much?" When the woman said three thousand florins she frowned. Damn. That was a price if she'd ever heard one. She quickly changed back into her clothing and handed the dress back. "I'd love to buy it but it's so much." She said to herself, in pondering. She remembered she had some rubies and pulled out a small satchel of them. She poured out fifteen cut rubies and the old woman looked them over. Poppy got a nod of approval and smiled softly as she took the dress. That was most of what she'd snagged from the chest before it had split. "Alright. That's all I needed from the market. Was there something you needed, or..." She let her voice trail off.

Edited by Dusset

Castiel

Thankfully, she bought it. Castiel smiled as he led her outside. "Want to go and look at the other stores?" he asked. "I know one that seells jewelry for both men and women."

[Okay. Bed for real now.]

((Lol. Yeah. I saw you lurking and was like: Well hold on a minute...))

"I don't accessorize much." Heidi said. "But I suppose. I mean, I have little else to do." She linked arms once more and strolled out. "Can't buy much. I'm not saving for anything but if the Sista Viska goes South I don't want to be caught with my pants down. My wallet is just fat enough to live comfortably in that case." Or if she unsuccessfully mutinied. Couldn't risk the vulnerability. She's lived on scraps before and vowed to never do so again. She's decided to be a pirate years ago. No man or woman would cause her to live impoverished if she was free and could still steal.

((I am gonna sleep though.))

Mary

"Next time something awful like that happens, how about we skip the long awkward non-talking and talk to each other. And it was mostly my fault anyway. However, I still maintain that not getting drunk this time will probably end up better," Mary offered. "Also, we should just talk it out. The whole 'cold shoulder' stuff… wasn't exactly fun." Mary almost shrugged, but stopped herself in time.

Theresa

"More or less, I'm mostly looking for chamomile tea, to honest." She held her tongue when Ambra spoke. Honestly she was so strung out at this point that she was probably going to snap any moment now and she had no way of calming herself down. Maybe if Ambra was quiet, then her temper would stay away. "So, don't worry Ceto. We won't spend more than an hour inside if they have it. You could even stand outside and catcall the men… or something." She tried to amend the situation a little. She wasn't going to drag Ceto around places if she could help it. It was just on their way.

[bed.]

Stark Dietrich

Well, no one could say that she wasn't observant. He'd been hoping that she wasn't quite so aware of her surroundings. In Stark's experience, most noblewomen were unaware of the way the real world worked. But, not this girl. He smiled and nodded slowly. "Ahm... More or less, I am. I don't work the same way as the other pirates. Not as excited to go pillaging and all that. I'm really just a pirate because my friend is... And I..." He paused. This sounded so much more ridiculous when he described it. And then there was the question of his relationship with Ceto. Was that just for fun? Or was there something more behind it? "Well, I just didn't know what else I could do with my life so... Here I am."

Bruna da Silva

The crack of dawn. That wasn't so far away. She rolled to face Garrett as well, propping her head up on her hand. She offered an apologetic smile. The young man was so innocent. Bruna had no clue what to do to help him. Placing a kind hand on his shoulder, she looked him in the eye. "Querido, I don't know what kind of fellow she met that she doesn't love you. You seem to be a kind fellow. I guess you ought to let her know what's up. Tell her how you feel. Girls aren't mind readers."

Cullen woke up the next morning and slipped out of Abe's bed again but not without kissing her on the cheek. He had to be up before her anyways. Few people were awake on the boat this early, though soon it would be filled with people. He walked out and up and a wind blew pas him, causing him to pull his cape a little tighter. The sun would be up soon and the boat would be sailing again, and he'd be guiding it. Rome looked beautiful in the moonlight and it was calming. Looking over the ocean from the dock they were at, he stood at the railings and waited until Ceto woke and gave him a destination. He wondered if this life was worth it but he decided it was. He found a woman and had good friends here. He heard a lute sound and looked to the bow. Roberts was strumming something calm. It was a smooth, soft rhythm and he even started whistling, eyes closed. Cullen was surprised. He'd been told who Roberts was, or used to be. Never did he expect to see him seem almost kind. Probably because he hadn't noticed the Irishman yet.

Ambra

Well, this was strange. The life on a ship was very interesting, and one that she did not expect. Ambra walked above deck, noting that everyone had woken up just before daybreak. Her robes were the same as always, but she figured that she would eventually have to buy a different type of cloth. This material would become extremely heavy when wet. Sighing, she clutched a small sketchpad that she had brought, along with a piece of charcoal. Walking slowly to the railing, she sat on it and opened the new pad. It was then that she began to draw. She sketched the harsh outlines of the scenery around them, Rome, the ship, the ocean. When she finished, she began to add the details. The people. The lights of the houses. The opposite railing. She smiled as she shaded, designed. And then she drew the crack of dawn. Before long, she had a very rough sketch of Rome and the ocean. It wasn't perfect, but she loved it. She brushed off the charcoal from her hands and set the pad to the side. It was then she pulled out a seperate book, the Bible. She had it with her, always. She opened it up to what page she had left on and read.

Velia

A question led her there. Was she happy with her life? She knew, that, in a way, her answer would decide her fate. If she said yes, she would be lying, and she would be left behind. But if she said no, she would tell the truth, and she would be taken away. What had she wanted? A free life, one that did not tie her down to her a man, one where she could think and speak to herself. That was why Stark brought her away. She fled in the night, with Stark. He placed her in the Sista Viska's storage room. It was small and cramped, and he said that she would come back to her when he spoke with Ceto. From what she understood, Ceto was the captain. And she seemed like a very dangerous person. She sat on the crate and bit into a stale loaf of bed. Hopefully no one would come and throw her overboard. And even more hopefully, Stark would defend her.

Cullen listened to Roberts play and people wake up. The sun was cresting and Roberts' tune changed as people started to hear him. He went from his soft melody and whistling to a more upbeat and vulgar song. Cullen wondered if he truly cared how he was remembered, and didn't want people to think of him as soft. That would explain the tune change. He pushed away from the railing and turned towards the mast when he saw a girl, no a woman. She had hair as red as his own and she was reading. Not only that, he saw the cross on the cover. She was reading the bible of all books to find on a pirate ship. He had a pocket bible in his robes, as the full volume was much to large. He decided to make her acquaintance. "Hello." He said. "It's comforting to see another reading the bible." He sat next to her and held out a hand to shake. "My name is Cullen Reid. I'm the navigator."

Ambra

Ambra finished reading a Psalm, smiling. They always prepared her for the day and kept her smiling. He was always smiling down at her, with His sun. Her Lord was very compassionate and kind, for feeding her and keeping her alive. Someone stepped up to her and introduced himself. Cullen Reid, the ship's navigator. "Oh, hello. My name is Ambra Neirum." she reached out and shook his hand, the charcoal on her palm spreading to his. She blushed in embarrassment before pulling her hand away. "Sorry, charcoal can get annoying. I should have washed my hands." she smiled, glancing away. It was obvious that she was very shy. Ambra was very shy, especially when she was speaking. "So, you're Irish? I'm Irish too. My dad was Irish, mom was German." she wiped her hand on her robes and smearing the charcoal on her clothes.

"It's alright." Cullen said. He wiped his hand off on his pants and added, "Worse things have been on my hands." He pondered what she'd been writing. Or drawing. "Aye. Both parents were Irish. Lived in Germany for a stretch though." He said, running his hand through his hair since she mentioned their heritage. "It's great to see someone else from the Emerald Isle. Closest thing to home. Besides Abe, our gunner. She's Scottish. She's wonderful, though, for Scottish." He grinned. "So, Ambra. What brings a good Christian girl on board a pirate ship? No offense, but you look like you're out of your element. I should know, I'm out of mine, too." He was an assassin, and that was fine, but a pirate's life was a bit less... Honorable.

Ambra

So, he was Irish. It was obvious that he was, but Ambra knew that even if someone looked Irish, they weren't necessarily from Ireland. She watched him as he spoke about how nice it was to have someone from Ireland on board and a Scottish woman on the ship as well. From the way he spoke about her, she was probably his sister or cousin, maybe even a lover. A person could be Irish and have a Scottish sister. At his question, however, she perked. "Supposed to be a scholar. Someone to write reports on where exactly the Pieces of Eden are located and how they are hidden. That way, the land Creed can search in similar places without the help of a ship." she slipped the bible back into her robes and smiled shyly at him. She couldn't really fight. She had a bow and a couple of arrows. What use would that be to a crew? Her eyes drifted up, to the masts. Maybe she could shoot a few bolts from there. That is, if it wasn't taken. "I've heard many things about the Sista Viska. Mostly that you're a mismatched group of ruffians who call themselves a crew who work for the Creed headed by a she wolf." she shrugged and glanced at him. "I really don't see anything like that yet."

"Hah!" Cullen laughed, throwing his head back. "That's pretty spot on. That man with the lute used to be a famous pirate lord. You've got an Irish navigator, a Scottish gunner, a woman first mate and captain. Cap's younger than half the crew. French quartermaster. Seaman from all over Europe. Everyone's a drunk." He grinned. "We might look like a crew now but you should see us fight." He noticed her bow and threw in, "Archer? I left my bow in the nest." He clapped her knee with his hand as he stood up. "I should get up there soon enough. You can come up if you want, we can finish talking. I don't like risking cap being in a sour mood when she gets us moving and we move faster if I'm up there already." He smiled and jumped onto a crate and up to the nets, then scaled his way to the nest.

Ambra

Ambra blinked a bit, confused at his sudden outburst of laughter. She listened to him, however, as he spoke. She followed him up the mast, and frowned. "Doesn't it get lonely up here?"

[bed]

((I feel left out. Everyone else has adopted this new post style or some form of it.))

Cullen Reid

"Oh sure." Cullen said. "It's cold, too." He strung up his bow and shouldered it. "Plus I sleep really weird hours when we sail. I don't have anyone to cover my sleep so I don't get solid eight hours often." He smiled, though, as he listed the crap aspects of his job. "But it's alright. I have a warm bed to return to when I can. Roberts is asleep at night so I can snag food from the kitchen. I have the best view up here. I have a lot of time to think to myself up here and I fly through novels." He pointed to himself with his thumb. "And the best part is, I'm the best at this. It took a bit to get used to it, but it's just like archery. Except the arrow is slow and huge, and the curve isn't down, it's port or starboard. Ceto can try her best to replace me but she won't find anyone." It was true, too. At least, he liked to believe that. The crew's general narcissism was starting to rub off. He'd heard them talk about the last navigator, though. He wasn't as sharp as Cullen. The Irishman could feel a rain storm coming from a mile away. When the temperature changed he figured out the wind patterns. Plus, he always had a nose for North.

((That's better.))

Edited by Dusset

Ambra Neirum

The small red haired woman listened to him, her eyes showing some pity. She would hate to constantly be trapped up here, with nothing but the wind to keep you company. Though, Cullen seemed to enjoy it. He even said that it was like archery. It was nice to have a second archer around. Men at the Creed called archers as cowardly as poison users because they didn't have the stomach to face the enemy up front. Ambra was just really good at archery. She shifted her feet and sighed. "So, you and this woman. Abe. Are you related? Or are you partners?" she asked. Ambra never gossiped or tried to get into people's lives. She was just curious. She looked up at him innocently as she continued. "I think it would be cute if you were lovers. You seem to care about her an awful lot. I think it's sweet." she offered a shaky smile. Would he yell at her?

Theresa

She hadn't gotten much sleep. I'm starting to see why Ceto drinks so much... She rose and dressed quickly, as if trying to leave the recurring nightmare behind. Even thinking about the closed room, with nothing but a bed, chamber pot, and a window, caused her to shudder. Her whole life was beyond the window, and many times she had tried to smash it with the chamber pot. It only bounced off.

[Gotta go.

Black Friday shopping, if I don't return, hold a nice funeral for me...]

Cullen Reid

He hadn't expected her to bring Abe up. He supposed he had kinda talked her up, but only for a moment in their conversation. "I'm not sure what we are." He admitted. "I suppose we're exclusive but we haven't sat down and discussed the nature of things. To be honest I like it how it is." He knew himself well enough to know he was falling for her. But he didn't know how hard he'd fallen yet, or if he's fallen all the way, anyways. "My job keeps us apart when we're sailing, though. I have to sleep most of the time when she's awake. The rest of the time I'm stuck up here." She'd come up before but still. "Why do you ask, anyways?" It wasn't like he was slipping in hints about his Scottish woman. Perhaps Ambra saw it on his face? He bet that was it. If his face had changed at all when she was brought up he wouldn't have noticed.