TwilightMoonDragon

Shadows: Whisper | Assassin's Creed

His eyes narrowed as she insulted him. At least, it was insulting to him. It was like she didn't think he really wanted this job. His will was a bit more than that. He gave Mary a wink and walked onto the ship, following behind the woman quietly. When he was close enough, he sheathed his sword and held it to her neck. "Never caught your name, First Mate." he told her, his voice cheerful. He put a bit more emphasis on the word mate, the 't' ending sharply. He smirked, wondering how she would react. He didn't want to hurt her, but he also figured he'd have to show her he wasn't just giving her puppy eyes and wishful thinking. No. He wanted on this ship. And he'd become a stow away if he had to. Even if it meant his life. If it was one thing, Allen never gave up. Even if it were his down fall. It certain seemed like it would be at this point.

"That's funny," Aero said holding his hidden blade up to Allen's neck, and his other blade sheathed but pressed into Allen's back. "I was just about to ask you the same thing," he said just as cheerfully as Allen. "If you want on this ship threatening the senior officers isn't exactly the best way to do it, unless you planned on spending your time on this ship below deck rotting in the brig." Aero explained calmly, his eyes hidden and face shaded by his hood. "In which case I implore you to continue with what you're doing." He had a small smirk slide across his face as he he stood there. "I'll tell you what, I'm not in the greatest of moods today, and I personally don't want to clean up your body and blood from the floorboards. If you stay you will be my direct subordinate and you will obey me and my orders." He explained quietly into Allen's ear. "Theresa, this boy has a will of fire. I'll watch him, his actions will be my responsibility, let him stay." He said louder for the First mate to hear.

Edited by Danniphantom

Mary

Mary was wandering below deck and briefly came above to notice Allen assault Theresa. She immediately ducked back down below. She'd probably have to call Robb because Theresa would probably hurt him very badly. If she'd seen right, Theresa had drawn her own blade. Mary had console herself by reminding herself that Theresa wasn't the type to blindly kill everyone. Also, if she was lucky then maybe her rage wouldn't extend to Mary personally. She didn't want extra work or even to be lashed like Garrett had been. She nervously wandered around as she looked, hoping that she could find a decent hiding spot.

Theresa

Since her hand had already been on her sword, Theresa quickly drew hers and held it at her side. "I don't think I will. This is swordsmanship? Tch. I've seen children swing swords better. Not to mention, they would have the guts to unsheathe the sword before using it to threaten someone. Aero, you can watch him, but I don't want to see him slacking on any chores. If I do, he's going to wish that I'd finished this fight." Her left arm grabbed the sheathe and pushed it away while moving under the sword. Her movements were once again, seamless and quick.

[school, and I don't want to be too moddy.]

Edited by RainDash

Abe had been below decks taking stock of the gunpowder and cannonballs while the fight was going on and was unaware of it. Strolling casually to the top deck, she saw some blood spatter on the ground and laughed a little. Nudging another sailor goodnaturedly, she rolled her eyes.

"Who was it this time? Not Robb and Castiel, I hope."

"No. Cullen and Garrett. Garrett started it. Seemed pretty drunk too. He kept going on and on about Ireland being annoying and how censorkip.gif was useful and stuff. Half of it didn't make any sense."

"You sure it was them?"

"Yeah. Cullen's the only one with hair of that shade and Garrett usually isn't that violent. It was about the strangest thing I've ever seen."

Without replying, Abe ground her teeth as her mood went from walking on air to seething with white-hot rage.

Easily locating Cullen amongst the sea of sailors, an observer could have sworn she was capable of knocking him clean over with her eyes alone. Those eyes just brewing with anger. It was obvious that she would not be won over with logic or explanations.

"Ahoy, censorkip.gif***! 'at 're ye tryin' t' prove?"

Allen grinned as who he assumed to be Aero holding a hidden blade up to his neck. He felt insulted by the woman's words but otherwise held his tongue. He never thought Aero would be the one to help him on board. He slowly moved away from Aero's blade putting his blade back into it's place on his waist. He smiled at him. "Yes sir." he told him, feeling a tinge of his pride breaking down. He kept at it though. His pride would be gone by the time he'd finished with his plan. "What would you have me do first, sir?" he asked, his smile faded, but not gone.

Cullen was just looking off into space when Abe sounded. She was angry and he was a little confused, he knew what she was talking about, though. "Nothin'" He said. "Lad attacked me and I defended m'self." He matched her language and met her accent with his own. "I 'idn't 'ant 'ta fight'em. If I 'ad he'd 'ave more than a broken rib'er two. I 'ain't proud, Abby, but all oi did was fend off an assault." He wondered why she'd come in yelling at him. He was the victim here. He'd handled himself well enough and hadn't done any permanent damage in his defense. "But oi dunno why he did it. Can't think'a nothin' oi did to set the boy off." He already felt bad. He didn't need more piled on him. It wasn't his fault that Garrett got bashed up. Cullen even did it all with a bum leg. He didn't limp but his wound was still enough to slow his run. He did, however, realize that her first concern wasn't if he was alright. It was fine if other things came after but that didn't sit right with him.

Upset at the man for so brazenly rejecting her anger, Abe reverted back to the less private Italian. It made them less...united in their language. "Now you just listen here. You could have incapacitated him right from the beginning. You could have just left. You could have asked why he was so angry. Now you're both hurt and there still aren't any answers. It's bad enough that we're starving and thirsty on this ship every voyage, but I'll have you know that we're in no position to keep buying medical supplies. You should have at least thought about that!" Feeling almost guilty, she snorted. Going back to English and speaking more quietly. "And maybe I'm also upset 'at ye keep spendin' time wi' 'at o'er Irish girl. I'd be alright wi' i', bu' I hear talk sometimes, ye know? I hear talk...," as she went on, her voice had reduced to almost a whisper, wavering with insecurity. Shaking her head, she sighed. "I'm sorry. I didn't even... Jus'... Forget it. I'm going to collect my thoughts so maybe we could have a civilized conversation ra'er 'an having it out in public." And with that, she turned around and took a loud, deep breath before starting off to calm herself.

Cullen went from defensive to understanding as the conversation continued. "I tried to. He threw the first punch and the only two I landed on him were to bend him over and try to knock him out. Everything else was after he started to choke me." He said in English, but without the thick accent, which he really only used in comfortable situations. Just to clear up any confusion or the accusations she was throwing his way. She turned to take a breathe and he took one too. "Abby, There's nothing between us. I took her on the Lipari raid and she patched me up. If anything, she's a friend I trust with a needle. Robb is great and all but he's been busy." He smiled a little, hoping to ease things. "If it makes you more comfortable I'll go to Robb for medical attention and take some other archer on raids. The last thing I'd want to do is hurt you."

Abe shook her head and waved her hand. "Do what you want." Of course, that didn't really mean what the words should have meant. It was a test of some sort. Perhaps an automatic response, perhaps calculated. Abigail herself was unsure. But it came out of her mouth and she wasn't allowed to take it make. "Just do what you want, I can take a hint if that's what you want. I know you're too polite to be clear anyways." And with that she disappeared into the crowd and made her way to the cannons. They spoke to her and offered her consolation as she cleaned them vigorously. You know, you're very harsh, one of them offered. Yes, but I can't stop myself. I'm a bitter woman. It's a wonder anyone could even tolerate me, Abe thought in response. True, but your job now is to make it worth their while. Prove to him that he wasn't dazed. She didn't know how to respond to the voice in her head that she knew was her own manifestation of wisdom that she just didn't want to recognize as another branch of herself.

Garrett Hemsworth

"I've had enough of this," Ceto stood before Garrett and Cullen, arms crossed and eyes glowering. The cabin was more or less messed up, covers strewn everywhere, probably from the violent awakening of the captain when she heard the fight again. It had been the second time that they fought, and this time Garrett felt like he had dealt the most damage. He felt like he had to mark his territory, even if he did seem a little jealous. Though a deep gash on his forehead made his eyes sting with the blood that seeped out of it. "I should throw the both of you overboard. You keep on fighting and compromise the meaning of the brotherhood. That is why I am giving you a second chance." She turned from them. "I am sending you to Bomeo. There are rumors of a Piece of Eden tucked away deep in its depths. You are to retrieve it and bring yourself, the Piece of Eden, and your other back to the ship. If the other dies on this trip, I swear to you I will string you up from the mast."

Garrett paddled to the shore, fighting against the waves that tried to drag him down. The ship had dropped them off near the shore of Bomeo, where rainforests covered most of the land. The water was a bright blue, and very beautiful. He could see the small fish swimming under the surface and nibbling at the floor. Garrett huffed as his feet brushed the floor and he staggered out of the water. His white shirt stuck to his torso and his pants leaked out rivers of water. His sword was still at his waist, even though it contributed to almost drowning him. Regaining his footing, he panted as he waited for Cullen.

Cullen Reid

Cullen swam to shore alongside Garrett. He felt like he was going faster but he had a pack on his back. They stayed roughly in line and when they arrived on shore, he sat down in the sand, tired and ready to rest already. Damned waves. After about fifteen minutes of regaining his focus and strength, he stood up and said, "Come on." He started walking into the forest. "Can't stay here on shore. Gotta keep moving. I don't know what's in the forests here and I don't want to know, but the paece won't be in the sand." He knew he took rank over Garrett but he figured Ceto gave less of a censorkip.gif about that than he did.

Edited by Dusset

Garrett Hemsworth

After a few seconds of panting, Garrett Hemsworth followed Cullen into the forest. Now that the water was drying off of hid skin, he was beginning to notice how humid the temperature was getting. He hoped that it wouldn't get too hot, since he was never one for warm temperatures. He followed Cullen, not wanting to be the one to lead them. He was always an enemy of leading. He was worried that he could make a mistake or be clumsy and be blamed for it. His eyes remained forward and he frowned. "How do you know where we're going?" he asked him.

[school]

Cullen Reid

"I don't." Cullen said, as he drew his cutlass to start slashing brush. "I have no idea at all. But I can tell you it's no in the sand. If that's all they were gonna do to hide it, they could have just dropped it in the ocean." He kept walking and slashing through the vines and bushes. "I want to find a water source and set up camp before we start really looking. Garrett, what do you know about survival?" He wasn't being sarcastic, he wanted to know. Cullen had been left in the Irish mountains by himself with nothing but a knife and a fur coat later in his apprenticeship. He'd hated his mentor for it but as he grew older he realized the value of the seemingly cruel punishment.

Garrett Hemsworth

Garrett drew his scimitar and began slashing at the brush as well. It was cramped in this forest, he wondered how things grew here. Someone had told him that the plants made sure that everything was getting enough resources. That didn't seem likely. Sighing, he continued to cut, slice, and bash down long tendrils of foliage. When Cullen asked what did he know about survival, he snorted. "I sure know that you have to find a running water source. If the water is still and stagnant you could get belly aches." he said, huffing as he tore down a particularly thick piece of brush. "If you find berries and fruit you should always see if animals are eating it to see if they're poisonous. And I always heard that you should stay away from colorful animals in the tropics. Rumor says they're all poisonous. Is there nothing poisonous in the tropics?" he muttered the last bit to himself. Though, he snorted again as he found out that he was tangled with a vine. Garrett cursed under his breath as he thrashed around, trying to get to the vine so he could cut it. Yet it seemed that he was getting more and more tangled. Great. Just great.

Cullen Reid

"Good. Just making sure." Cullen said. He'd learned the stagnant water part by trial and error... As he walked on, he noticed he didn't hear Garrett's footsteps anymore and turned around. When he saw Garrett tangled up he broke into laughter. "How in the Hell did you manage to get yourself caught in that?" He asked as he walked back to him. He sheathed his cutlass for a minute to put his hands on his hips and admire the scene. After a second of chuckling he slashed the vines down and made sure to get the ones on his feet so he didn't trip. "There should be a good section between a river and the brush so we can set up camp there. You won't get tangled again."

Garrett Hemsworth

Garrett flushed when Cullen turned and began to laugh. And not just a little blush. But a flush. A deep red flush that covered his face and made him look like a total idiot. He would so totally tell Abigail that. And then she would like him less. The man set his hands on his hips and chuckled before moving to help him. Garrett would have said that be didn't need help, if he knew how to get out of a trap like this. He was a very stubborn man. Sighing as he was released, he glowered at Cullen. "I hope that you'll never get trapped because I'll be laughing at you." he grumbled. As he followed, he grinned deviously. "If one of those wild cats chase after us, they'll find you in an instant, no matter where you're hiding. Why don't you put muck in your hair to make it less bright?" he laughed. Garrett was not a bright blond- he was a dirty blond, one who could melt into the scenery. Surely if they were being chased Cullen would be easier to find.

Cullen tugged his hood up and over his head, it covered his eyes and the point lined up with his nose, but he still had full vision. "If it become an issue, I've got this." He pulled it back before he began walking again. He pulled off his neckerchief, his cape and gloves, and stuffed them into his backpack. It was humid here, even if it was early winter. Stupid tropical weather. He wasn't designed for this weather nor was he dressed for it, at least he'd shaved before they came out here. He decided the best way to find water was to use Eagle vision, and after pausing to shake his head, it activated and he followed a little golden line. The brush got thicker but then started to dissipate as the sounds of water met his ears. Shaking his head again, he returned to normal sight and followed his natural senses. Eventually, they found a river and he smiled. "Water, and look. The brush is clear near the bank."

((Activate set-up-camp montage? No one wants to rp setting-up camp.))

((*sings* Even Rocky had a montage! Montage.))

Cullen Reid

The tent was set up and Cullen had filled off their canteens. Once they had fire for the night he was content with their encampment. "Good work." He said, sitting by the fire. "Tomorrow we can get a jump on searching." He had no idea where they'd begin but they'd find it eventually. Or not. He figured a month would be a good time frame to give up after. He ran his finger through his hair and stared into the flames. They had a calming effect on him and he felt his muscles relaxing. They'd spent some serious energy clearing brush and he was a bit tired. The sun was melting into the horizon and he wished he was here with anyone but Garrett. Why the man seemingly hated him, he had no idea.

-

The next morning Cullen woke groggily. He sat up and didn't bother getting dressed. So, in his birthday suit, he walked a bit downstream and waded into the stream. After getting clean he walked back to camp and pulled on his under shirt, pants and boots. Everything else went into his backpack. He armed himself and slapped Garrett on the face. "Wake up, sunshine."

Edited by Dusset

[Montages are montages.]

Garrett Hemsworth

The night had been terrifying. It was extremely hot and sticky and he had been sweating all through the evening. When he had stripped down to nothing but his skin, he had found himself more comfortable. However, there were still the animals. Every time he heard a twig snap, a strange bird call, a snarl in the depths of the forest, his heart leaped to his throat. He was half tempted to sleep closer to Cullen. Garrett wasn't usually frightened of anything, but there were animals that were in this forest that were dangerous. That gave him every right to be afraid. However, morning came quickly, and he found himself tired. Then came the slap on his face. Suddenly sitting up with a jolt, he glowered at Cullen. That hadn't been funny. "Didn't even give me enough time to bathe. I'm all sticky with sweat." he whined, pulling on his shirt. "The animals didn't let me sleep. And I'm pretty sure that a snake crawled over you when you were sleeping." it wasn't a big snake, and it wasn't dangerous. It was really tiny and kind of cute, actually. Yet Garrett couldn't bring himself to touch it. It had those large eyes... and that forked tongue. It gave him the creeps.

((That statement. I can't... I just... Where did you... Okay.))

Cullen Reid

"Then go bathe. I've only been up for ten minutes." Cullen said. "Hurry up, we're burning daylight." He wasn't being courteous for a reason. He wasn't going out of his way to do so but he wasn't exactly chummy with the carpenter. The man had dislocated his shoulder the last time they fought. It was an easy fix but it hurt. "I want to climb the mountain awhile and get a vantage point on what we have here. Otherwise we might as well be flipping every stone." He exited the tent and sat down on a log he'd brought over to the fire the night before. "Make sure you go downstream. I don't want to be drinking water with your filth in it."

[Did I flabbergast you? xd.png]

Garrett Hemsworth

Garrett bobbed his head and moved a little downstream. Then, not feeling as if he was getting enough privacy, moved more downstream until he was out of sight of Cullen. Now he felt comfortable enough to take off his clothes. Once again pulling off his shirt and pants, he slipped into the cold water and sighed. That felt nice. Very nice indeed. He dipped his head under the water and smiled as it cooled him off. Garrett pushed himself to the surface again and made sure that he got all of the sweaty parts of his body fresh again. He knew that one wasn't supposed to go and take baths every day, but he took them more often than others. He didn't like smelling like crap. Okay, maybe he did. But that was because he wasn't sticky or sweaty and he was too lazy to take baths just because he smelled bad. Crawling out of the water, he pulled on his shirt and pants and began to walk away when he suddenly tripped over something. And then, even more suddenly, he was hauled into the air with a sharp cry. Garrett found himself dangling from a thick bough by his feet. Panicking, he glanced up, noticing that what suspended him in mid air was a makeshift trap made of old rope. Maybe he could go and...

Something prodded him in the stomach.

Garrett looked down to see a brown young man peering up at him with wide, curious eyes and a painted face. Garrett swallowed, offering a smile. He was nervous. This wasn't a type of person he had seen before.

((I am that. Yes.))

Cullen Reid

Cullen heard the sharp cry and figured he needed to go look, otherwise he'd be strung on the mast. He stood up and drew his cutlass as he started to make his way down river. hen he arrived, he saw no Garrett until he peered into the brush. There Garrett was, hanging from a tree and a brown man was prodding him in the stomach with a spear. What the? The weren't near Africa. "Hey. What's the big idea? Let him go-" The suddenly he found himself surrounded by men who looked very much like the first, all holding spears of bows of some sort.. "Garrett." He said, as he dropped his sword and raised his hand. "Any bright ideas?"

[Why? xd.png]

Garrett Hemsworth

Okay, now his blood was beginning to rush to his head. Garrett lifted himself a bit until he saw Cullen surrender. He too was surrounded by brown men. Okay... Ceto didn't say this place was inhabited. "I... don't know." he admitted. "I would say run, but I can't run right now, now can I? I wouldn't fight, there are too many of them." he turned to one of the natives and offered a smile. "Me Garrett. He Cullen. We come in peace." he said slowly.

"Why. You. Talk. So. Slow." one of them replied, narrowing his eyes and scowling. It was obvious that he was offended. Garrett was taken aback. They spoke English? He didn't know that! How did they find out?

"I guess that we're going to be mounted on a stick and made into a stew for dinner." Garrett said, glancing back at Cullen. "I'm too tough to eat. I think he might be a little more delicate. You can make him into a fancy Irishman spread. He's whiter around the belly, that looks tastier to eat than I am."

The men looked toward Cullen, and then toward Garrett. The original prodded him again. "Fat." he muttered.

"I am not fat! I'm just big boned!" Garrett said. "Okay, can you guys just let us go? I mean... we're from the Isles. England and Ireland. I'm going to taste too bland and my little red haired friend here is going to taste like ale no matter what you do. Please? Let us go?"

"You see chief now. Then he say what happens." the eldest said, binding Garrett up and then cutting him down. Garrett fell on his head with all of his weight, muttering an "ow" before he was lifted to his feet.

[Yeah, found out that they're cannibals.]

((You said montages are montages.

I can't... I don't understand. That sentence. It's... I don't know how to reply.))

Cullen smirked when Garrett tried to offer him off but honestly didn't care. If they die, they both die. Doesn't matter what the natives do. One bound Garrett and another came to bind Cullen. He offered o disarm himself and handed over his knives, sword, bow and arrows. "Garrett. If we die. I want you to know. I hope you go first." He said in Italian so the natives wouldn't know. "As for the rest of you. I would, in fact, taste bitter." His shirt was sleeveless since it went under normal clothing. You could see how skinny he was.

((Sorry. Family TV-watching time.))