TwilightMoonDragon

Shadows: Whisper | Assassin's Creed

Garrett

The blond haired man perked up when a woman walked behind him. The woman was Abe, the master gunner. He had seen her brooding over her cannons, and he always found it curious. It was as if the cannons were her children, but he had seen her in action and she knew exactly what she was doing. "Ah, Poppy helped me get them." he said, grinning over at her and laughing. "I don't know much Italian, so she helped me get a good price for them." still, he was distraught when he heard that he had to leiarn Italian when he boarded ship. God, it was almost as bad as asking him to learn French. "I had to get some tools because the captain would have my head." he joked, returning to his work. The feeling of the wood beneath his fingers, it was like heaven! He loved to work with his hands. He was a true craftsman, and he learned that when he first came on this ship an Ceto gave him some tools. "Are you done polishing your cannons for the tenth time this hour?" he asked, laughing some more.

Castiel

His blue eyes watched her closely, and his lips twitched again. "You... Have quite the thought process, Heidi." he murmured, his voice resounding off of the walls in a strange way. "... Ceto and I... Yes, we've had something in the past. Nothing romantic. At times, the stretch of ocean is very lonely and a man has certain... Urges..." he chuckled, drinking the rest of his rum and setting it down on one of the boxes. "We've... Rolled under the sheets many, many times. All started when she was fifteen. Stopped quite recently, actually. Decided it was too risky after we've had a few frights when her monthly bloom didn't come in time. So, we said that we couldn't afford to keep on like this and broke it off." Castiel grinned and bit the inside of his cheek. He had no shame in talking about this. "... Our cautious methods proved worthy, after all. Was actually thinking of sneaking into her bed. Starting to get lonely again and she has me on a tight leash so I can't run rampant every time we dock. My... Desire for pretty woman is actually very high. Some call it a sickness. I call it a blessing." he laughed and drew out his blade, flipping it and catching it. "Point is, she and I are very close. We cancel each other out. I may be the most broken on this boat, but I have her at my back at everything I do. And... I make sure she stays in power. Do you have any idea how many embers of treason I stepped on before they grew into a blaze?"

"Ah, I'm no good. I can read their bluffs and tell ya how to bet well in this game, but gamblin' ain't for me. Not on cards, y'know? On people...all the time. That's why I have enough money to be a decent philanthropist." Taking a seat on an old crate, he looked at everyone's eyes. The reflections in them showed more than most would care to reveal. Standing up, he grabbed a nearly empty glass bottle with a bit of rum in it (part of his ration from the voyage to Italy) and took a short swig, using the glass as a magnifier to see everyone's cards. Not that he'd use the information. Just seeing if his tactic worked as well as it had years ago. He was maybe fifteen when he gambled often and found out the glass magnified. Oh, what a cheater he was! "'sides, it's good for you to figure out who's a liar and who's not. Know where ya stand."

Abe chuckled slightly. "I only clean the guns as often as necessary. With a bunch of gunners as feeble as mine, it's necessary to be sure that they don't crack and rot from misuse. I'm sure you would feel the same if I banged your tools all around the ship and returned them dented. You want to take care of them, don't you?" She shrugged, looking around. Finally, the woman turned to face Garrett's work, watching him as he worked from a bit of a distance. Approaching cautiously, she touched his fingers, surprisingly gentle. "When you work with wood, your hands are calloused. When you are a slave, your heart is calloused. Yet my hands are relatively soft and so is your heart." Withdrawing slightly, she sighed and looked at nothing in particular. "What I wouldn't give to trade callouses with you..."

Poppy grinned. "I knew it." She said. "You must be hankerin' for a bangerin' since you keep chatting her up." She raised a single eyebrow at the man and said, "I still think you had a thing for her." She popped open a crate without asking and snagged another bottle of the rum. "Hey, if you get me drink enough you might not that issue anymore."

"Neither am I. And I'm not even that good." Cullen said, "I just thought I might extend some olive branches around." He played his hand and asked, "Besides gambling and drinking, what do you all do for fun about here? Can't tell me there isn't a bard or something around here." He hadn't known what to expect from a pirate ship, but he expected some fun.

((Sorry for length. I'm on mobile and my thumb hurts.))

Garrett

"You have a point." Garrett said, glancing up at her before returning to his work. He smoothed out a dent in the wood with long strokes. The smell of the ocean was in his nose, and he had to smile. While sometimes he got sick of the smell, there were days where it was comforting. Sometimes he would be on land and he would wait for the smell to touch his nose again. Suddenly, the girl to touched his hand, and he yanked it away and blushed. He never did grow used to females touching him. He... Was always nervous, and he grew more nervous as the girls giggled and laughed under their breaths about him. Swallowing roughly, he glanced at her and drew in a shuddering breath. "Callouses are callouses, right? I don't understand what you're saying." he murmured, not meeting her gaze. Garrett returned to smoothing out the wood. That dent just wouldn't leave...

Castiel

In a moment, Castiel gave a sharp laugh. Her and him? Drunk and doing what he did best? "Ya sure I'm not too old for ya, lass?" he grinned, pulling out another bottle and tipping it against his lips. The rum burned his throat once more. Even if she did agree, he would still chase after Ceto's tail again. He needed more assurance behind his actions, but that would also mean that Ceto would have more power. That was bad, even for him. He had to make sure that she didn't grow to be a tyrant. "I'm too scrawny for ye as well. Who would want a broken old scrawny man?" he joked, drinking deeper from the rum. If Ceto complained, he would just buy more. He was in charge of supplies, after all. "How about you just stick to that Irishman that came on board? Or that British carpenter?"

"As far as I know, there ain't no bard. We've got lots'a sailors to tell stories, 's all we need. We've got mostly Frenchies, Italians, and Englishmen, but we've got you now and also a lady Scot. Broad range of places to tell stories. And...there's a German lady, I think. Never do pay much attention is I can't tell by the accent." He looked around and chuckled. "You're new here, so I can understand the excitement, but after we set sail, we're practically starving and just praying not to die of scurvy. It's a hard life and we're barely turnin' a profit. Just to be frank."

"No. They're not all the same. Callouses on your skin help you not to get hurt again. But the ones on your heart are a constant reminder that you've failed. That you're not fit to love like everyone else. A broken heart has cracks for love and caring to get through, but a calloused one is hard. No one goes in or out. Why do you think I look after those damn cannons so fondly? It's all I have left. All I have that won't hurt me. All I can chose to do. I went from slavery to servitude. Can't tell if it's better or worse. Do you understand? I can't even love a child for the childs' sake." Her voice grew more and more pitiful by the second. "They call me Abe because the only way I could survive as a woman pirate was to go by a man's name. I'm Abigail, God damnit! Abigail the broken girl who cried when nobody could hear her because feeling pain is better than feeling nothing at all." She grabbed him by the chin forcefully and turned his head to face her. "Look at me. I'm coming apart at the seams. And you've the nerve to say that callouses are all the same."

Edited by Mousia

"Slow 'yer roll, buddy boy." Poppy said. "Never said I'd commit to 'yer old bones. Making love doesn't require love. That brit is under my thumb. The Irishman might come with time." She was 't just sleeping with people, she was making powerful alliances. The Carpenter. The Quartermaster. Maybe the Navigator. She's have to find out more about the Master Gunner. Theresa was easy if she needed something. Throw on a proper dress and use those years of learning when she was young. Bam. Once she had the officers, it didn't matter if she had the captain. She could do whatever the Hell she wanted. Of course, she didn't let her motives show. "Besides. You're French! Bet you're crazy romantic in the sack." Little pleasure on the way to the top never hurt anyone.

Cullen nodded. "Aye. So I heard." He said, smirking as he lost a few coins in the game. "To be truthful with you, I'm not much of a pirate. I go to church as often as I can. Not all to sure why I joined this crew in the first place." He'd been lost, and adventure sounded good. Sounded better than mourning for the rest if his life. What better way to get away than join a crew that was always on the move? "Though, I'm not really here for the money. Not like the brotherhood pays normally. So that's not as big a concern as it is for some I bet." He grinned as he won back his coin with some extra. The game ended and those playing disbanded, wandering away, cursing or praising their gods, depending on their luck.

Garrett flinched when she took him by the chin and made him face her. "Sorry. I didn't mean it like that. Sometimes... People call me slow. Or dumb. But... I'm not. It's just the way that some people speak in analogies and riddles... They confuse me."

Castiel chuckled and nodded. "How do you think that I blaze across the lands like a madman? All of the French are born with the natural instinct to love in the sheets." he grinned, and leaned forward. "Especially when the girl gives them a hard time in said sheets."

[Night!]

Aero avoided Ceto's attacks as they came. "Oh no! I don't do boats!" He exclaimed. He was tired though, he had not been sleeping well recently and was getting fatigued quickly as they wrestled. As she came at him with the rope he backed away to try and evade but couldn't react quick enough and was caught. It was then he knew what Hell was. "Why me?!" He asked trying to hide the rising anxiety as he thought of being on a boat in the middle of the ocean. "Why was I the one selected for this?" He asked.

Ceto

With a fluid movement, Ceto had Aero's hands bound in no time. She was used to tying knots and and bounding hands... Grunting, she shoved him out of the alleyway and down the cobblestone street. "Do I have to gag you?" she hissed at him, glaring at anyone who walked by and gawked at them. That was not their problem... She wanted Aero because she wanted a true master on board, and she knew that, if she tried to mess with Casio or Aelia, the other would come running. And then she would be thrashed against the wall. Aero was an able man, slender, tall, and firm handed, perfect for the life of a pirate. Not to mention that he usually spent time alone, which meant that she would have him easily... Which was obviously true.

Ceto made her way to the Sista Viska, gazing up at the dark gray sails that looked menacing, compared to the other ships that had pale beige and white sails. At night, they seemed black, but in the day the light caught those colors in such a handsome manner that it gave her butterflies in her stomach.

Ceto shoved him onto the deck and then into her cabin, but not before she turned and screamed, "We're leaving port!" at the top of her lungs. Locking the door behind her and slipping the key into her mouth, she made sure that the key was pressed in neatly against the inside of her mouth. "I need a boatswain." she told him, walking behind the desk that had doodles and doodles scrawled all over her papers. "You'll be taking that role. Understand?"

Theresa held her papers under her arm and headed back to her cabin, slumped over the papers. Since it was late, she changed into a soft blouse and trousers, both of which were worn and softened from age. She tied up her blonde hair with an old leather strip, and sat down on her bed for a minute. Her eyes seemed empty and tired, and she managed to relax for a moment before Ceto hollered that they were leaving. She should have known better than to change for bed when Ceto wasn't in hers. She quickly stood and headed for the deck, aiming to show Ceto the papers before they left.

[school]

Cullen looked up when he heard Ceto. "Looks like I gotta head out. See you around Duncan. Glad to have met 'ya." He offered a friendly smile and headed up on deck. He didn't really know where he needed to be, but if they were setting sail, he'd need to be up in his Crow's nest soon. Where they were going, he had no idea, so he couldn't do much yet. He went and helped pull up the anchor and sat on a barrel, waiting for an order or a destination. He was excited and a bit terrified. New adventures but new risks. They were a frightening combination. He felt the wind tussle his hair around and tried in vain to straighten it back out. Oh well.

"We'll see." Poppy said. She heard the call and asked, "So how long are we gonna get away with drinking in the closet, until the good captain finds out?" She took another swig as if it were her last. "Or are you gonna kick me out and force me to do my job?" Most of the time she was working the sails. Not neccesarily running the operation, but the others normally listened to her and she knew what she was doing. None of the officers ever corrected her. "Got rope burn last time. Rather sit around drinking than pull on some over-rated string."

((Don't know if it's short (mobile screen doesn't feel like showing me the dimensions I'm used to) But I'm squeezing this in before HW.))

(Looks fine.)

Abe let go and sighed, exasperated. "I know. I'm sorry..." She shook and head and put it down on the work surface, not caring that Garrett was in the middle of something. "I just get so angry and I have nothing left to do with myself. What could I do? I'm too attached to leave the ship, but this life is so bleak... Sometimes I think to jump overboard. Or to just end it with my flintlock..." She chuckled softly, sounding empty. "But then I think of people like you. So happy and innocent. And I push on because I want to see where life takes you." She paused for a bit, picking her head up and sniffling, as if she didn't want him to see her so weak. Giggling again (although it was forced), she looked up to stop the tears from falling out after being so long held back. "I never believed you were slow. In fact, I think you're the most sane of the lot of us. Look at us. Ceto slept with that Castiel, old enough to be her father. Poppy practically whoring herself to get friends, Duncan in love with water, even though it's fruitless and stupid. But here you are, working and doing what you need to do, not distracted by pain or loss or suffering or selfishness. It's so simple, but they ridicule you because you are the best of us..."

Castiel

Castiel chuckled and shook his head. Poppy was his type of woman! She was loud, strong, a drunk, very stern... And always wanting to go and slack off with a beer or an ale. "If I have to work, so do you. Might as well get working on courting Ceto all over again." yes, yes, it would be quite simple. He would touch her in the places where she liked to be touched, which he found out was her hips, waist, and neck, and keep on caressing them. She would be like putty in his hands... And the noises she made! It was like she was purring. It was adorable! Castiel laughed again and waved her off. Setting the flask down on one of the boxes, he left the room stealthily. "Yo ho... Bottle of rum, whatever..." he chuckled, crossing his arms and began to walk around. He had to go and see if there was something going on around them.

Garrett

He watched her closely, a frown on his face. Garrett didn't consider himself the best... There were so many more assassins that were better than him! Like her and Poppy... He felt like an apprentice, even though he wasn't. "You shouldn't feel that way. There's always something new to see, something pretty or nice and colorful. You might miss out on seeing this beautiful world..!" he grinned and clapped her on the shoulder, laughing a bit more. The ship was moving slightly, and he looked up as the ship left port. As soon as the boat was in deeper waters, the sails unfurled and caught the gentle breeze. Garrett laughed again, louder. "Isn't it amazing? It's so beautiful. And you should see the sunset. And the moon on the ocean!"

"I saw it through cast-iron bars and it wasn't so beautiful. The sea gives people like you the illusion of freedom, while I know that it is a great constrictor. There's not way to escape this ship once's it's far enough away from port." She looked up wistfully and sighed. "If you want to go up and watch the sky with me, you can try to get me to see it from your perspective."

(Short because I don't have time...)

(You keep switching from outside to inside his workspace...)

Garrett said, glancing up at her before returning to his work. He smoothed out a dent in the wood with long strokes.

(This lead me to believe otherwise.)

"You still haven't answered my question. Why me?" He asked working his hands to try and undo the rope, it was tough, Ceto was an expert with knots, but he could always cut the rope. He glared at Ceto, his displeasure with her actions showed in his eyes, but his discomfort with his situation showed in the paleness of his skin and the sick expression on his face. "If I'm going to accompany you then I have a few demands. I'll require a private room, I will be respected by all the crew, including you, not as a superior but as a Master Assassin, as it should be. I would request that we return to port often, and I demand that my stuff be brought on board. I obviously didn't expect this so I didn't exactly prepare for a long arduous journey."

Theresa knocked lightly on Ceto's door. "Captain, Casio dropped something off, and it might lead to some Pieces of Eden." When she finished talking, she though she head another voice inside, not Ceto's, but somewhat familiar. Perhaps it would be best if she came at another time. Theresa had no intention of walking in on… anything that was the Captain's business and her business alone. So she turned to the crew, most of which were lolly gagging. "You heard the captain! Get your censorkip.gif es in gear and get ready to set sail!"

[school.]

Ceto

Ceto quirked a brow at Aero. He was sure a tough shot, wasn't he? Even Castiel was as tough as him once, resisting power... But he was broken like everyone else. Or so she thought... "Listen here." she said, drawing out her dagger and raising it to his lips. "... First of all, you respect me. This isn't like the land creed, you foolish man. I'm the one in charge here, along with Theresa. And if you disrespect either of us, so help me God, I'll cut off your tongue." she ground her teeth together and narrowed her eyes. The tip of the blade pressed deeper, but didn't draw blood. "Second of all, I'll decide where and when to port. I won't be taking orders from you. Third of all, I am the only one who has a private room. You sleep downstairs with the rest of the crew. And lastly, you won't be needing your stuff. If other pirates catch sight of you with your fancy things, it'll promote attacks. Understand?" she sheathed her blade and turned away from him, arms crossed. She dully heard Theresa speak, and she glared at the door. She would speak with her later. Later meaning when this censorkip.gif*** got out of the cabin and actually did what he as supposed to do. "Treat yourself to the women. All of the other men do. Careful though, some might not take a new comer shoving his hand down a girl's pants lightly. "

[THIS BUS IS SO SLOW ARRRGH WANT MY AC4 NAO. HAS MONEHZ.]

Aero managed to cut the rope and stood suddenly grabbing at Ceto's hand. If there was one thing he had over her was strength, even if he was tired he wasn't any weaker, just clumsier. "Now you listen to me, Captain," he spoke her title with sarcasm. His eyes were filled with rage, he felt her actions here were borderline treasonous, but moreover she was acting like a selfish child. "Unlike you I earned my title as Master, I worked to get where I am and command the respect I do. You did not. You bought a boat and childishly declared your title. So let's get this straight here and now: You can play your game, you can continue to pretend to be a Captain and I will do my job as I would normally to help the Creed, but I will NOT respect you as my superior. That is something you have to earn, and it won't be easy, and when I decide you have acted in the manner as a true leader who commands the respect of those below her, then you will have my respect. But I will get the respect I deserve for the rank I have earned or I will be writing back to Casio and Aella to let them decide how these events should play out." Aero released his grip and turned away before storming out the door. He shot a glare at Theresa but held no malice towards her. She did him no wrong. He adjusted his cloak so his rank clearly showed.

((Wow, tension between them already xd.png I decided I'm not going to make this easy on Ceto, but it might open some doors later.))

[i have to wait a few days for AC4. sad.gif I forgot about it until now.]

Theresa sighed, watching Aero leave. "Ceto, why are you kidnapping Masters from the Italian Creed?" Her ring finger rubbed her brow, as though it were trying to assauge the pain behind her eyes. She shook her head and entered, at least somewhat happy that Ceto hadn't tried anything with him. Perhaps if she were lower on the ladder of nobility, like Ceto, she would drink right then and there. She was a lady, not some ruffian. "Anyway, these papers describe the locations of Pieces of Eden. Casio and Aeila gave it to me while you were off grabbing your new plaything."

[school.]

[i haven't played it yet. I'll play it when my family goes night night. xd.png I don't like playing in front of my family. And don't worry, Rain. I thought I would have to wait a few days too, but I was surprised with the money this morning. *hugs*]

Ceto

Ceto snarled and yanked her hand away when the blond assassin was finished. He strode out of her room like a disgruntled peacock, and caught a glimpse of him flashing his colors before Theresa came in. Her blue eyes raised toward her first mate- now there was a woman that she could trust and love. Theresa was a proud and loyal woman, stern but kind. "Casio and Aelia came already? Thank God that I didn't run into them." Ceto sighed, kicking her feet up on the desk as she sat down. Her fingers knit together in front of her face, and she observed her first mate. "Well, let's see them, si?" Ceto was actually a good captain... In her own way. Sure, she was brash and childish and young and an outright censorkip.gif*, but she was truly loyal to her cause and crew. There had been times that she did not eat when rations were low so her crew could eat first, and she was not one for eating fanciful feasts while her crew worked their asses off on the deck. She also sacrificed her sheets and coverings to sick crew members when it was cold, and often gave up her cabin to a gravely ill assassin. She was an assassin, and she saw her crew as pure family. "Where does it say to go first?"