TwilightMoonDragon

Shadows: Whisper | Assassin's Creed

Aero looked up from his writing and over to Ceto. What was she up to now? "I'm not going to help you with another scam, or help you win a bet." He said grabbing his robe and his belt and harness before he stepped towards her. "This better not be another one of your plots. I don't want to have to bail you out of any prisons again." He said with an exasperated tone. He stepped through his door and closed and locked it behind him. "Alright, lead on." He said turning his back and waiting for her to walk by him so he could follow suit.

[Dammit DANNI! xd.png]

Ceto grinned and walked in front of Aero. She led him out into th sunny day and then into alley. She knew that he would begin to get suspicious, so she swung around and attempted to sweep his legs from under him.

[Theyre in an outside alleyway if you're confused with my tired post.]

((Hey I'm in the same boat. No pun intended. I should be in bed since I have to get up mad early tomorrow.))

Aero followed and as Ceto turned into the alley he followed hesitantly. "Where are you leading me?" He asked before she suddenly turned and swept out his feet. He hit the ground hard and groaned as he sat up getting ready for a brawl. "What the hell are you thinking?! Have you been into the ale again?!" He asked throwing himself onto his feet before going for her midsection trying to tackle her to the ground.

[Theresa was assuming that Casio was nervous about being around so many pirates, and since the Italian creed are kinda paying for everything at the moment, they are VIP. Also, sending Cullen with them would mean that he could keep an eye on them while she gets Ceto.

Sorry! I should have made that a lot more clear…]

Opening the door slightly, Tessa looked inside, only to be greeted by darkness. With an angry sigh, Tessa shut the door once more. She took a deep breath, and vowed to drink the last of her reserves of tea later. Perhaps she would mix in some whiskey. At least Casio seemed a lot less nervous on the dock. She straightened her dress and marched down the dock. "Ceto is… indisposed at the moment. Whatever you tell me, I can tell Ceto." She said, carefully wording her statements. "And yes, that man's hair is red indeed."

[sorry, I'm posting in this really late… and I'm wiped out.]

[Hehheh. Good to have ya back Danni. :3]

Ceto

It was kind of funny that Aero fell to the ground like that. He truly didn't expect that... Which was what she was aiming for. The woman dodged out of his way when he aimed to tackle her. No, no, she had to stay away from his attacks. She had to dodge him and try and keep away from his slugs and tackles. She would have to use size to her own advantage... And if that was the case... She had to be the quickest in this little squabble. "I don't know what you're talking about." she told him, grinning. A punch from those fists would cut her brow and face in an instant. She was a small woman after all. Pulling rope from her pocket and feeling the material under her fingers. All she had to do was tie up his hands and slip the rope into his mouth... Maybe even knock him out. "Now, come with me, will you? I need an extra set of hands on my ship, and you're the perfect set." with that, she rushed toward him and aimed to grab his hands. If she properly bounded them [which she always did because she was an expert in knot tying], he would be over and done with.

Edited by TwilightMoonDragon

Cullen blinked at the man for a moment before realizing that he did in fact have red hair, and it was immensely rare in the Mediterranean. "Oh... Uhm... Yes I do. I haven't introduced myself, and I apologize. My name is Cullen Reid. I'm from Ireland, thus the hair." He smiled at the Italians and held out a hand to shake. It hadn't actually occurred to him that he might be novelized for his obscure hair color. In Ireland it wasn't common, but it wasn't unheard of. "I'm the navigator on the ship." At last the man seemed to be a bit more calm than he had been. He looked like he'd been terrified of something. Maybe that's why Theresa had told him to show them back to the dock? To get his mind off whatever it was?

Aelia smiled and shook Cullen's hand. "Aelia Cato. From Italy. Welcome to Rome! This city will be kind to you if you stay away from the idiots and the virgin heiresses, if you ever return to stay a longer time." Retreating, she turned to Casio and whispered in his ear with a sweet caress. "If you ever, and I mean ever, scream out that someone has red hair like a maniac and smear our Creed's name, I swear I will cut off all sorts of appendages. I won't feel bad. And you'll bleed out, knowing that I take honor very seriously and I'd rather save face by killing you than have to repair all the things you've broken with moronic mistakes." Recoiling slightly, she smiled again, looking in between the two pirates. "Now, we've got a few maps of where the Pieces are to hand over, because you'd need a ship to get to them."

Casio grinned at Aelia when she whispered into his ear. Okay... a little creepy. "Where's Ireland? Is it in Asia or somewhere like that?" Unlike most assassins, Casio wasn't great with geography. He only knew the geography of Italy and where France and Germany and Spain were...

[short post]

Cullen had to pause and absorb Casio's question. He started to laugh when he realized that he had truly been asked that. "It's West of England." He said after a whole-hearted laugh. "Do I look Asian to you? Pale skin ringing any bells? Maybe the accent?" He was flabbergasted that this man thought Ireland might be in Asia. He turned his attention to Aelia, who spoke of pieces of Eden. " would you mind letting me see those?" He asked, not only Aelia and Casio, but Theresa. He's heard rumors of the pieces but had never done any research into them, and was gathering that that would be their ultimate goal among other things.

It was in Europe? What? Casio thought that Cullen was joking with him. But he wasn't. "Here's the papers. Give em to Ceto."

[busy. :<]

Cullen took the papers and went them over with a quick haste, getting a feel for where everything would be. He handed them to Theresa after only a short few minutes and turned back to Casio. "Oh, signore, I never caught your name." He asked, realizing that the entire conversation between the men was about his hair.

((Short, little to do with him.))

Poppy was drinking in her bed. Well, not in her bed. In her hammock, which hung above her bed, which didn't have legs. She thrashed in her sleep, and sleeping on a boat only shook her more, so she had wanted to reduce how far she fell when she went over the side. Boredom was setting in slowly and her drink wasn't doing much for her at all. Maybe she could find someone to have a little fun with. Hoping off her hammock, she pocketed her flash and sought out someone fun. Stepping up onto the deck, she saw Castiel. Oh. She grinned and strut towards the Frenchman. "Oh... Castiel..." She purred. As she drew near, her rump was bouncing with every step and her stride was long and suggesting. "Casty, my dearest, what are you up to?"

Castiel

Besides breaking up fights between the pirates and such, Castiel loved to split up the plunder. Not because he cheated or robbed, but the feel of cool gold under his fingers made him feel happy. He had exited the cabin of Ceto and stretched in the sun, sighing as his back gave a pleasing pop. He needed that. He needed rest too, but... He didn't know where Ceto was, and he was getting lonely. Not even his son was around. Heaving a sigh, he rubbed the back of his head, feeling his tied up golden hair that always felt wet. Sometimes he got sick of this life. Sometimes he wondered if he should have stayed with Robb's mother, but the more that he thought, the more that he knew that she would reject him. As did everyone.. Sure, he danced with Ceto for a bit, but that was to ensure his position and to remain on her good side. Suddenly, someone walked up to him and he grinned as he saw it was Poppy. "Just finished splitting up the pay, Poppy." he told her. "Well, after I split up that fight. Why are you asking?" he asked, leaning against the railing of the ship and gazing up at her cooly.

"Because, my dearest Castiel, these pirates are so boring and garish. So vulgar and vile." Heidi said, voice slipping into nobility. "I say! I need someone with class. With style and elegance. Someone exciting but sophisticated!" She pressed her hands and chest against his, looking up to him as if she was exasperated. "I need a drinkin' buddy." Poppy said, back to normal, simplifying it all. "I'm bored and no one 'ere is entertaining. There's nothing to do and don't you dare say I could swab the damned deck." She pulled back and smirked. "Don't let me believe I made the wrong decision by coming to you with this. I mean... You did just break up the most interesting thing that happens on this friggin boat."

Castiel

Castiel chuckled when Poppy pretended to be noble and proper as she pressed her hands and chest against his. The young woman, otherwise called Heidi, was his kind of woman. Cunning, smart, and quick witted, much like Ceto. But Ceto didn't like any person that was the same gender as her much. It was sort of a same-sex rivalry that was going on. "You know, I could go for a dozen bottles of rum." he said, tapping his finger on his chin and giving a sidelong glance at the ocean. "Don't even have to explain to Ceto. I'm Quartermaster and I work damn hard. I could get wasted every so often. She does it every other day." he chuckled and began to walk to the storage. Pulling out a key he kept in his pocket, he unlocked the door and stepped inside. The storage room had many things. Breads and gunpowder, ammunition, apples, and more. But the most they had was water and rum. Rum dehydrated, water hydrated. Castiel had first hand experience of rum slowly killing parched pirates. "Ceto only likes rum that's imported from England." he explained as he pulled two flasks of rum from the corner. Handing one over to her, he uncapped his flask and swigged from it. "I have to admit, the ****ers make some good drink."

"For someone who isn't slipping the good cap the loaf, ya sure yak about'er a lot." Poppy said, following him to storage. She room the flask with gusto and slammed it for a solid three seconds before coming back for air. "Unless you are. Huh? Huh? I bet she's a squeaker." She sat on one if the crates and looked around the room. "Don't suppose you wanna hook me up wit' one a those keys? Or would that violate the sanctity of the sacred storage closet?" Another swig and she smiled. Castiel wasn't half bad. She was getting free rum and his company wasn't all that bad. Maybe she's hang around with him some more. Friends were hard to come by in her line of work, and when you scared 90% of the people you work with, drinking buddies were even harder to find.

"Couldn't be further from the truth." Castiel grinned and drank. "No. I will not give you a key to the storage closet. Now tell me. What do you actually think of Ceto?"

[bed]

Poppy laughed a bit, imagining Ceto in bed with a stern face. She drank again and said, "What do I think of her? What are you, a spy?" She accused, in good nature. "No but really, I don't care if she knows what I think of her. I think she's a good captain and deserves the title and all, but she's a cold-hearted censorkip.gif* if I've ever met one. I mean Jesus. It's like someone crammed a crawfish up her bum and left it there to die. She has my respect, but I'd never hang out with'er, mostly because she'd never let me." That was the truth, and nothing but it. The ol'cap'n just hated women. Poppy liked to point out that she could probably grow a beard faster than half the losers on their ship, but that wasn't much help. It wasn't like she was looking for some way into the woman's friends list, but more than one black heart tainted the balance.

"I don't even know where we're sailing to yet, and I need to chart out a rough course for us to sail on before we try to find anything." Theresa said, trying not to be rude, but mostly realistic. Long sailing missions would mean nearly starving the crew as they reached their destination, and there probably wouldn't even be any food there. "Ceto's probably going to be gone all night too..."

[sleeeeepppp is callllliiiinnngggg meeeeeeeeee]

Edited by RainDash

Aelia rolled her eyes at Casio's dawdling. "His name is Casio Portabello. Yes, we have confirmed his mushroom heritage. Please don't bring it up. He's quite sensitive, because he is really descended from the Shiitakes." She could barely hold back her laughter. "But his name really is Casio Portabello and he really is a full-time idiot." If he hadn't gotten so much favor in Ebizio's eyes, he would be little more than scum. But, deep down, Aelia knew why Casio was a master. She and Ebizio had been close... Quite so. And the woman knew much of what Ebizio had been thinking in the years before his death. She was much younger then, but it was still ground into her memory, her very consciousness. Yes. Ebizio had left a much larger mark on the assassins than he'd imagined.

[but... I...

*sigh* I edited it. I thought that I read through all the posts... I'll just wait on Casio for now.]

Casio quirked an eyebrow at the brown haired woman that called him a mushroom. Sure, he might be a full time idiot... But he was a good ass assassin. Crossing his arms, he glowered at her. "And this is Aelia Cato. She's as much as a censorkip.gif* as she sounds." he grinned down at her in an angry manner. This woman was a good friend- even when they fought in combat against some nasty Templars, she was as much in par as he was. They were a deadly duo, like he was with Scipio. The trio were bound close together. "Now that you have the papers and such, I believe that we should get going. The best of lock to the crew of Sista Viska." With a nod at Cullen, and then at Theresa, he turned and began to walk away with his usual swagger and long strides. The warm wind of Rome's evening always made him smile. It was his time of day... Because night is when the birds of prey come out.

Castiel

With a twitch of his lips, Castiel flashed Poppy a grin and drank more deeply from his flask. The rum burned his throat but ended up as butterflies in his belly, or maybe a warm blaze. His blue eyes twinkled at her. "We fished her out of the ocean when she was just a girl." Castiel told her. "She had no home, she told us. So we brought her to Roma, to the Brotherhood. She stayed for a while before she came back to claim the ship as her own. We needed a captain since the old man died a few months ago. There was resistance when she claimed the Sista Viska, obviously. Because, who would want a female captain? Not to mention a young one." he chuckled, leaning against the barrels of water they had on board. Castiel drank more of the rum, grinning and chuckling some more. "Ah, but I knew what she was made of. She may be a censorkip.gif*, but that means no one messes with her. I put her as captain... And now she's one of the terrors of the seas. Some call her a crazy she wolf, and that's the nickname she took on. 'She-Wolf'. And now, when her enemies, they say 'Watch out! Here comes that She-Wolf and her crew!" he laughed. "And the Sista Viska strikes as much fear into hearts as she does, because everyone knows that our hearts and souls are as black as the deep ocean."

Garrett

These tools that Poppy got him were great! Not so dented as the ones he had before... And the material was not rusted as all... Garrett whistled as he worked on the railing of the ship. The familiar noise of scraping wood filled his ears, and there was a smile on his face. He was usually sunny and happy and oblivious, but when he got angry... It was a scary sight. Raising his brown eyes to the docks, he watched the Italians mingle and speak in rapid Italian. They smiled and grinned and argued and haggled. Ah, that was life. He heard that the Italians were very passionate people, indulging in their food and wine and art. He had to admit... Rome was beautiful. He could see why everyone wanted to go to Rome. It's amazing how many places there are. Each of them has their own beauty and everything. he kinda wished he was back at home. The gray skies made him pale, like most of the people that lived there.

Edited by TwilightMoonDragon

Aelia chuckled and grinned at Casio's insult, well used to that sort of thing. "When you next come to Rome, send us word. We are very well connected and can make this town or break it. Smooth sailing, my friends!" Skipping away after Casio, she punched his arm lightly, giggling. "Non c'era bisogno di prendere in giro così!" she exclained jokingly. Her steps were long and graceful and her face was dark and foreboding, as always - a smile made her look of, almost as if it didn't belong on her long, beautifully sorrowful visage - yet had a very small piece of sun in it. As if Casio's happiness had infected her - corrupted her unending sadness.

(Non c'era bisogno di prendere in giro così! = You didn't have to make fun of me like that!)

Abe watched from the deck, grinning as the duo left them. "Opposites always seem to make good couples," she remarked to herself. Lumbering down the steps to the lower decks, the dreadlocked woman entered Garrett's working quarters, but found them vacant. "New tools? He has gotten lucky today..." Climbing back up the stairs, she found him there and approached with her usual empty look about her, eyes absent, mind wandering, elvish smile mocking all those without the pleasure to see her thoughts. Namely, most everyone. "Gary. I see that you have gotten new tools today. Courtesy of a good negotiator? We're not rich enough for these unless someone's a sweet talker."

"Good fortune to 'ye." Cullen called before boarding their ship again. He decided to go sleep, as he had little else to do and he might be short on it later. Trotting down the stairs into the hull, he looked around at the plentiful faces of people he hadn't spoke to just yet. You now what? Scratch sleep. He decided to make a few pals. There was a group gambling between a few of the bunks, and he walked up, placing down a decent sized amount, of course, in Irish pounds. They were playing Faro, something he'd never seen. After a few pointers, he wasn't making any money, but he wasn't losing any.

"Aye." Poppy said, simply. Her rum was low and she was nurturing it at this point. "We all have our little sob and success stories, don't we now? I've got plenty m'self." She decided to just end the bottle and slammed it. "But you know what I think?" She asked, rhetorically. "I think you used to have a thing for the cap'n. Not sure if you really bedded her, but I think you had a thing. She keeps coming up and I'm most certainly not doing it. Admit it." She glared at him with a prying eye. She had him pegged, she just knew it. "And she probably dumped you like dead weight."

Duncan wandered the lower decks of the ship aimlessly. The ship was docked and he had nothing to do, really. He was done with his chores and had nothing to write about in his journal. Spotting a few familiar faces and a new one playing Faro, he ambled up to them and prodded the new man. He had blazing red hair. And the way he spoke... Irishmen. "Aye! You're the new navigator, right? M'name's Duncan Foster, sailor board this very ship for most o' m' life. You've got a question 'bout the way she works, I could answer it. Now, I know th' Irish an' th' English don't get on too well, but we're both crew here, so I'll be amiable if you are." Extending a hand to shake, he felt the gold piece cold on his palm. The man intended to hand it off during the shake as a truce gesture. He'd no such luck with Abe, the resident Scot, so the least he could do would be to establish a good relationship with the Irishman as soon as possible. Bad blood between the lot o' them would be easy to stir up.

Cullen was laughing a bit when someone came up and got his attention. He could pick up from the voice what he confirmed when he said it, he was English. "Cullen Reid." He said, shaking the man's hand, almost surprised to find a coin, but it was slipped into his coin purse nonetheless. "I don't have a problem with you if you're English, Duncan." He said with a smile. "Only got a problem with 'ya if you wrong me." He was glad to know he wouldn't find anything against him because he was Irish. Now... If they had a Scot, that would be a different story. Cullen didn't hate them per-say, but years of the cultures butting heads didn't exactly leave a clean plate. "Come and play with us, why don't you? You can help them clear me out." He laughed a bit. Building bridges cost money, no?