TwilightMoonDragon

Shadows: Whisper | Assassin's Creed

Ceto

He said that he wasn't old. Really..? That was not how he looked liked. But she was ignoring him completely. Though... He said something about her being more than a maiden. Really now? He just found that out? Ceto glanced back at him and scowled. "The Sista Viska. The best ship that has the best crew in the seven seas."

[short. Movie.]

Edited by Mousia

Theresa

"Ha, I guess it'll just be you and I Garrett. There's no need to be rude either." Theresa said, moving next to the grumpy carpenter. "Either way, it's better for you to get over whatever mood this is." she smiled and tried to be polite. Garrett was on edge right now, and it would be bad if she made him go homicidal. Plus, it wasn't her fault if they had to land in France of all things. Last she checked, he was here. She couldn't even bring herself to think of her brother's name.

Mary

She trailed Robb over the rooftops. Her balance was perfect this time, now that waves weren't there to knock her around. "Hey, Robb! Where ya rushing to?" she said, leaping down from the roof to right in front of him.

[sorry, gotta take my sister to a Dentist appointment.]

"Swedish?" Roberts said. "Interesting. What is a fine Italian girl such as yourself doing on a Swedish ship?" She didn't mention her nationality, but he picked it up in her French. "Surely, you're likely the only one onboard no? I know when I was on a Swedish ship, they weren't so keen on sharing." On was misleading. He owned that ship. But he didn't flaunt his old reputation. He liked to let them find out. His name commanded some little fear, still. "Perhaps you could direct me to your captain? I'm Norwegian, you know. It's pretty close to Swedish."

Garrett

Why did it have to be France? He could hardly stand Castiel, and anyone on the boat. Which was highly unusual for Garrett to think. He was usually happy and cheery and aloof, but he wasn't one to get angry. But when Theresa walked up, he perked. At least someone talked to him... Abe seemed to have been ignoring him recently, and that put him off. Why, he didn't know. "Really now? Do you want me to be gay and happy and sunny again? Then you should feed me. I'm hungry. Is there any cheese on board? I love cheese. Oh, and wine as well! That would be great." he laughed and straightened, happy once more. "So, do you constantly have a stick up your butt or is it because you're first mate?" he chuckled. He wasn't insulting or being rude. It was obvious that he was joking. Garrett was like that when he was in the mood, and being in the presence of a fellow Englishwoman made him happy. Better than thinking about his possible rejection from Abe and the French...

Robb

Running, running, running, running! It was amazing, just running on firm soil, and smell the distant aroma of treats. Robb laughed as he looked up at the sky and watched as the birds flew above him. Yes, this was freedom. Run all you want. Breathe all you want. Once, he paused in front of a brothel, and he realized that he'd have the freedom to march in and lay with all of the women he wanted. But as he watched the red lantern sway back and forth, he decided against it. Instead, he trailed a bit more down the streets and entered a bakery. He felt like a child as he gazed at all of the treats and picked a few out. Apple, peach, pear, strawberry. All so sweet and soft and tasty. He was walking down the street once more when a shadow dove from the sky and in front of him. It was the black haired Mary... Great. "Hello. I see that you seem more able on earth?" he joked, lifting the pastry to his lips and taking a bite out of it. The taste of pear zinged on his tongue.

Ceto

Ceto gazed at him and nodded. Ah, so he was a pirate. She had seen him swagger in, one could tell from his walk. The way he spoke was a dead giveaway as well. Her blue eyes gazed at him, and she pushed some of her black hair behind her ear. "Funny thing is, I am the captain. Name's Captain Ceto Sylvini. I've been captain for a few months, and plundered about fifty ships from the navy already." she watched him closely. She wondered what he wanted with her. Well... if he was a pirate, he could be looking for trouble. She shifted in her seat and crossed her arms. Maybe he wanted to plunder her ship. Hold her hostage for a couple thousand coins. She chuckled then. What would she do? First she would grab him by the balls. Then she would disembowel him. And then she would put an axe in his head... "What do you want from me?" she asked coolly.

Edited by TwilightMoonDragon

"What do I want?" Roberts asked. He could tell what she waas thinking. Her arms were crossed. in case he engaged. She was looking him over, not becaause she thought hi. attractive, she shoul, but to see what she was up against. Too many opponents in his life, he'd learn to read people. "I don't know, Captan Ceto. Maybe I want to kill you and take your ship? Maybe I intend to drug your drink? Maybe..." He grinned. "Maybe I want some work." He sat up more directly in his seat and relaxed his shoulders. "I'm looking for work, Captain. The last boat I had went bankrupt. If your looking for a new hand, I can pledge my blades to you." He wondered, idly, if she was too young to know hm by face. But she must've been aroun ten when he lost his fortunes.

(He. He. He. He. Did Duss tell you about Abe, TMD?)

Abe nodded along, just trying not to start a fight. She'd rather not have a busted lip and black eye. Honestly...no. But then he asked her about her own home country. She shrugged briefly, not really knowing what to say. "It's green, I s'ppose. Mountains backing up into emerald valleys and cities in the middle. Lots'a cobblestone. And forests with little woodland animals. Chipmunks and wolves and pretty little foxes." She smiled, absentminded from thinking about the adorable critters native to her land. Though she'd spent a great deal of time on the ship against her will, her memories of Scotland were crisp and fond. As a carriage cut through the street and people got into close quarters with each other to fit, a rather large group of people shoved into her and she fell against her Gaelic companion in the fray. What was worse was that the cluster of people had brought them to a standstill. Jostled and startled by the sudden reducing of space between the two rivals, she felt her cheeks grow rosy with embarrassment. There was no saving herself, for there was nowhere else to go. Thump, thump, thump, her heart blared. Chest shoved up against his arm awkwardly, she was sure he could feel it clearly. Abe tried to look away, but that did almost nothing to diminish the oddity of the situation.

(Just too lazy to do the accent this time around.)

Ceto

She raised her nose and gazed at him a bit more. Well, he wanted work then? She thought of what he could do. He couldn't be a second or third mate. She didn't know him, not even his name. A few moments ago he was trying to get her in bed. Should she trust him? Ceto opened her mouth and closed it a few times before replying. "We need a cook. There's been a man acting as a sailor and a cook at the same time, but... His cooking gets in the way of his work." it was true that they needed a cook. Poor Chris had to work two jobs instead of one and he was exhausted. She was afraid that he would get sick. If that was so... Then the illness would spread... "What do you say?" she asked.

"I think i can do that." Roberts said. "Picked up a few things in my travels." He paused a moment and laughed. "Where are my manners!? Captain, my name is Roberts. Samuel Roberts. Perhaps you've heard of me?" He had a mile wide smile. Hah! "Doesn't really matter to me. I like to be taken on what I can do. Not what I did." He ordered a drink. "We can chat about pay later. Mind telling me what you'e doing on with a ship and crew,assassin?

Cullen shrugged. Scotland couldn't be so great. It would never be Ireland. A carriage passed by and they were forced close together. He thought nothing of it until she was forced agaiinst his arm. Her... Her heart was beating fast. What...?The carriage passed but he didn't move. His heat was starting to catch pace with her' and he looked down,into her eyes. A moment passed. Then another. He still didn't move. He decided to be reckless. He' been every step until now. Why censorkip.gif* foot around?He leaned in and kiissed her. He didn't spend long and pulled bac quickly enough. He'd known her shy of a month. "We should be... Getting to that meal,huh?"

Ceto

A grin curled on her lips. Yes, she had him. But... He did look familiar. His eyes, someone said that a pirate's eyes were dark. Like the night, like the devil. What story was that? The... the Dread Pirate. The plundering and infamous pirate that had lost everything. Ceto perked. "Samuel Roberts. As in the Dread Pirate. Really? You? What are you doing, trying to pick up women here?" Ceto laughed then, shooting down another glass of scotch. And now the man was asking about their endeavors. "We are searching for dangerous treasure. One that can fell armies and armies of men. One that control the minds of people." she explained, turning to face him and frowning. "But not to use it ourselves. But to prevent the evil men from using it."

Abe nodded at the suggestion and turned away, hoping he wouldn't notice her unsteady breathing and unfortunately dilated pupils. "It's just...this way..." The woman cleared her throat several times as she cut through the crowd with the skill of someone who didn't know how to process the recent events. When she got to the door, she entered and waved at the man behind the counter. The man saw Cullen and grinned mischievously, walking over to Abe nimbly. Whispering in her ear, laughing was audible, but the words uttered were not. Suddenly, the she-pirate snorted and punched the man's arm playfully. "Ah, mademoiselle. I joke. But you and the monsiuer should sit right here and think about what you want. Personally, je voudrais une fille belle est stupide, mais..." With that thought trailing off, he left them alone.

(Translation: Ah, miss.

But you and the sir should sit right here and think about what you want.

Personally, I would like a girl that's pretty and stupid, but...)

"Oh. You know. Since I lost my flotilla and riches, I gave up on captaining. Decided to work mercenary. Pretty good living. Never have a stable home but who cares? Sea is the only woman for me." He drank from the drink the bartender brought and grinned. "Oh. A treasure hunt. Fun! There's only one better hunt and that's for men. Slippery creatures we be." He grinned. "But I don't care why you want this treasure of your's. As long as I get paid, I could care less. Now that you have me for hire, you have my brain. I know where many treasures lay. I'd be a fool to get them. That's a game for younger men than me. Maybe I could help. what leads have you?" Can't find treasure without a map.

Cullen followed Abe, not sure what to do. He kept his hands in his pockets and his eyes on the sky as if the answer would fall into his lap. When they arrived, a man spoke to Abe. He left them and he sat down. "So. I heard the French serve snails. How are they?" He didn't know what to say. Had he jumped the gun? Maybe her heartbeat could be attributed to something else? Was he a damn fool?

"We only know that the treasure is here in France. Nothing else. Do you have any rumors?" Ceto asked.

[bed]

"Oh. Um... Th' snails 're okay, I guess. I've 'ad 'aggis since chi'hoo', so maybe I'm no' th' best t' ask..." She looked around shiftily. They were the only people in the restaurant and the chef (who also happened to be the owner) was in the back checking stock. "So...uh...'at 'as nice..." She didn't really know what to say. Abe wasn't used to being so...not blunt... "Ah, hell. I'll sto' playin' games wit ye. M' name's Abigail Dunn, I'm from Glasgow, Scotland, and I'd like t' kiss ye again 'cause the first was very nice. 'ere."

(Translation: Oh. Um... The snails are okay, I guess. I've had haggis since childhood, so maybe I'm not the best to ask...

So...uh...that was nice...

Ah, hell. I'll stop playing games with you. My name is Abigail Dunn, I'm from Glasgow, Scotland, and I'd like to kiss you again because the first was very nice. There.)

Theresa

"Well, I suppose it could be arranged, although if we do we'll run out of food and-" then he mentioned that she had a stick up her butt. She was quiet for a long time, the right side of her face twitching ever so slightly. "Would you rather have no one in charge of the money and incidentally the food?" she asked, very sweetly. It was too sweet, too high, and slightly too polite. Her mood plummeted nearly as fast as his rose. "Because it's possible that all the food miraculously vanished or perhaps I found you digging around in the stores and my flintlock went off accidentally. Because I could never quite get how to work these things properly." Theresa had poured too much money into this ship and its crew for them to insult her. She took insults a bit personally, especially short jokes at her expense. Her reaction from her standpoint was perfectly rational. She doubted that it was anything more than a bluff, since bodies were annoying to haul around, but she wanted to make it known not to joke about her. When on a pirate ship, it was mostly the strongest personality that won, and so she was the the second most strong personality. That was her first lesson when she had stowed away all those years ago. To look sweet, but to truly be sour when needed.

Mary

"I certainly hope so. I've spent way more time on land than sea." Mary giggled. "Although I'm betting you're still angry about me falling over the boat, so... I wanted to say that I was sorry." she fussed with her hands, nervously gliding one over the other. "I'll owe ya one, okay? Anywhere you wanna go, it's my treat." she offered, trying to amend what had been broken. Maybe he'd want to go to a bar, or maybe a brothel? No, not a brothel, he'd already turned them down, she had seen him go by it. No the bakery either, he had a pastry in his hand. Maybe she was too late and there was nothing she could do. Her relationships before... they weren't like this one. She needed a friend, preferably without the benefits. She'd seen the end of those relationships when she hopped aboard the Sista Viska without a backward glance. Plus, Robb was nice, even if he was a child of that weird French guy.

Cullen wasn't expecting that.but to be honest, he wasn't expecting anything. He barely knew her, and most of their time was spent apart, at their duties, so it wasn't like they had friendly conversation regularly. "Well." He said, at last. "I'm Cullen Reid. I'm from Knock, Ireland. And I think I can oblige."They were closer to each otheer than across the table, so it wasn't like he needed to lean across the table. But he did lean in again, and kissed her again. Longer. Little more passion. His ears were on fire and his hands were a bit clammy. Pulling away after a minute, he grinned and said. "Also, I'm pretty happy you didn't punch my jaw out back there."

Roberts lauged. "Good luck finding that." He finishedhis drink in one good move. "But lemme tell ya something. There' a cave North of here. Under the ocean,but not too deep. Just deep enough to hde. It ne on a cove. You can take my word, I'e been there. I didn'stick around,but it would be where I'd hide something like that."

Edited by Dusset

[Garrett's gonna be sad...]

Garrett

A frown crossed his features as he listened to Theresa. She was threatening to shoot him? Why? He looked down at the floor in apology and thought about what to say. Sometimes he was slow like that. One moment he could be as quick as a whip and the next he could be as slow as a turtle. His eyes darted back up to the first mate, and hung his shoulders. Garrett was also very prone to being a follower, which meant that he could be easily molded into whatever the potter wanted. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to insult." Garrett apologized, gazing at her with sad eyes. His back straightened out as he apologized to her. "It's just the way that I am. How I fool around, you know? Usually people laugh or shake their heads but... I was just expecting you to do the same thing." he sighed and looked back at his railing. It was smooth and fixed, just the way he liked it. Sometimes he wondered if he could carve small designs into it, but he would have to ask the captain that.

Robb

She was treating him to a place? Really? Then she really was that sorry for what she did. Robb gazed down at her and nodded. "There's a place a few streets from here. It's a restaurant, actually, that serves crab and lobster and other types of meat. I wanted to go but I thought going by myself would seem ridiculous. A boy my age sitting down in the corner all by myself. Huh." he told her with a crooked grin. With that, he turned and began to walk down the street. There was a nip in the air, signaling the start of winter. He hated winter. Especially when he was at sea, and the water was choppier than ever. Soon the snow will fall and it would be a frozen wasteland on the deck. People would get sick, and then they would die. He hoped that he would not be one of the corpses this year. Finally, they came upon the restaurant. It a somewhat large place with windows on every side of the building. As soon as Robb entered, they were seated.

Ceto

Under the sea? Who would hide a Piece of Eden under the sea? Ceto would expect that she had to use a diving bell to get in that deep. And then they had to look out for sharks. Now that was dangerous. Sharks were the most dangerous animals next to man, and the waters would be freezing on top of that. She wasn't sure that she could trust Roberts. She had just met him and he wanted to be on a ship with her and serve her with pay. "You couldn't show us where exactly the underwater cove is, right? Or can you? You said that you were there." she asked. She wasn't about to force him into showing them the way. If she did, she might insult him. And insulting such an infamous captain was not a good thing. Se gazed at him, taking another swig of her scotch. "And how do I know I could trust you?" she asked him, her curious gaze growing firm.

[sorry, I just suddenly wanted to write a mean Theresa. Poor Garrett!]

Theresa

"Not usually. I don't really understand how it's funny, but I suppose that someone needs to be uptight around here. Honestly, we would have run out of money long ago. I apologize for snapping at you, I just don't take teasing well I suppose." Theresa sighed, it seemed that she had acquired her father's temper. She hated being reminded of him and his awful ways. At least she wasn't like him all the time. That laid more with her brother, where he was constantly drunk and angry. Speaking of the devil, she still had to return her letter. "I just remembered that I need to mail something. Care to join me?" she offered, her tone much less harsh. Her demeanor from before had vanished behind her hand as she stroked her chin in thought. Would he reply in a civil manner? It was true that he was hitting the ale hard these days, but her advice was helping the company make money again. So he owed her.

Mary

Mary stared at the restaurant for a while. Actual seats? There had to be at least five forks here too. This place was probably out of her budget, but if she was careful, she could possibly sneak tips from the tables to scrabble together enough. "I've never seen so many forks in one place." Mary said, picking one up to inspect it. She'd never been to a real sit down restaurant, and she wondered if all of them were like this. It was so... full. "Er, not to sound ignorant, but what's a lobster? Or a crab? I mean, I think I might have seen them, but not know their names." she payed with her hands, trying to avoid eye contact with other people. She knew about tips because she always heard about it from the waiters exiting where they worked. Where did they leave them? Maybe on the tables? Where on the tables then?

Roberts laughed again. "Glad to see you've a head on your shoulders." He said, happy. "No, I can't really show you. It's been two decades since I've been there. I bet you aren't much older than that. I remember it, but not vividly enough to just bring you to it." He didn't bother ordering another drink. Rather, he stole one that was slid down the bar discreetly enough. "How should you trust me, you ask? Why shouldn't you? If i wanted your ship you'd be dead or unconscious. Not to mention, all your little friends from your 'Creed' would be on my tail. I have no desire to take your treasure. I could care less what you get, as long as I get a fair share for my work. If I wanted riches, I'd be high tailing it with some young-go-getter and getting my old treasures. He wouldn't know what hit him if I did it right. All I want is enough to live comfortably and another woman every night to ease my pains. I don't even care where it comes from. Pay me and you have my loyalty to death, or the last paycheck."

[Lol, Garrett's like a puppy. xd.png]

Garrett

Theresa took care of the money? He thought that Castiel did that, being quartermaster. Well, at least he didn't have to treat him as nicely as he did before. Garrett nodded in understanding as he listened. Theresa didn't like teasing. Got it. It was then that Garrett was asked to go with her to mail something. Did that mean actually stepping off of the boat and walking around this hell hole? But... He didn't like France or its bloody people. Of course, they were people and he believed that they had rights. But, should he go? He didn't want to be left alone on this ship. Maybe Theresa would become angry with him again? He looked at her and shrugged, pretending to not really mind. So what if he was in France? He was not looking forward to being left on board. "Lead the way, Tess." he grinned, satisfied with the nickname.

Robb

Robb looked around a bit. To him it might look extremely expensive, but it really wasn't. He had to learn not to gawk at a pretty chandelier or a well dressed woman. Or a pretty jewel that he was so tempted to take... Sitting down at the table, he glanced at the menu. A whole lobster was how much? He paled a bit. He was not going to make Mary pay for this. That was why he had a plan. A very brutish and rash plan, but a plan. "Crabs are those tiny little animals that are reddish orange and crawl over the beaches. Lobsters are pretty much the same thing but darker in color and longer. They're both very delicious and expensive." Robb glanced up at Mary. "Listen. Mary. We'll have a few crabs and a delicious lobster with the cooked vegetables along with a bottle of white wine. After that we'll each have a delictable dessert and as soon as we're finished, we'll run for it." it was a plan. But as said before... It was a rash and brutish plan.

Ceto

After her tenth glass of scotch, Ceto decided to switch to vodka. The liquor was not enough to calm her nerves. So, there was an underwater cove somewhere in France's bay, containing a Piece of Eden. The woman scratched her chin as he spoke. Yes, if he betrayed her and took her crew, the Creed would be behind him. His life would be at an end. But... How would they get to the cove? They'd have to scour the whole bay, diving and diving and diving. They would also have to avoid sharks. She had been attacked by one, once. Almost ripped off her arm before she sank a blade into the beast's brain. She still bore the scars of it, actually. Ragged, thick lines dragging from her shoulder blade to her elbow. It hadn't had the chance to bite too deep before it was killed. "My crew gathers back at the Sista Viska at sundown. I'll have them get a good night's rest tonight and as soon as light rises, I'll send them to the water." she explained. Ceto was a good captain; she cared deeply for all of her crew, but she was a censorkip.gif*.

Abe giggled and looked away, blushing a little at his comment. "Aye. Sure 'ould 'ave if I wanted t'. 'at's fer sure." She bit her lip for a little while, but it didn't serve her very well. She laughed anyway. Laughed for what seemed to be no reason. It seemed that the giggles had just gotten into her. The woman couldn't even control it. Her stomach felt awful yet amazing; she felt light and airy yet also very, very scared. But wasn't that part of the fun? Aye!

(Translation: Yes. I sure could have if I wanted to. That's for sure.)

(Only have time for a dumb post. Sorry. xd.png)

Theresa

"I didn't figure that you'd want to go, given that the French are strange and they are more often than not, trying to take our territory. Which is very rude." Theresa said, walking down the dock. She handled the budget, but as to how each plunder was divided and where, it was more often Castiel's job. It was her money, so she snuck out his ledger whenever she wanted to check on things. "Where are you from Garrett? I figure that you're English, but where exactly?"

Mary

"I like that plan. Food's better eaten before a good run." Mary said, smiling like a child. "Plus, I'd seen crabs and lobsters before, but I didn't know you could eat them. They always reminded me of spiders." she stuck out her tongue and screwed up her face, trying to imagine eating a spider. She wondered if Robb had been to France before, since he looked so comfortable here. She almost wished that she could find a way to stay, but she knew that she'd rather be out on the seas and he would prefer the land.

[school.]

((Don't have much to say with Roberts.))

Cullen's grin turned a soft smile as Abe giggled. She didn't seem the kind to giggle, really. She, honestly, didn't seem that feminine at all. She even went by a male's nickname. "Aye. Bet 'ya coulda' knocked it right off m' 'ead." He said as he loosened a little, nerves melting as if they were butter. They hadn't gotten menus, but he had a good idea what he wanted. He wanted to try escargot, and would order whatever wine the chef suggested for a pair, as he intended to ask. They were in France! Might as well try what they're famous for. "Have you decided?" He asked, idly. He was hoping the man returned.

Garrett

He walked off of the deck, humming a tune under his breath. He loved music... He wished that someone knew music on deck. "Huh? Oh. I'm from Liverpool. Nice little town. You?" he asked, glancing at her.

Robb

Robb laughed when Mary said they looked like spiders. Oh, that was funny. Imagine! Eating a spider. "It sounds like you wouldn't want to eat a spider. But if you think about it, lobsters and crabs are basically sea spiders..." he laughed again and placed the order.

[so tired...]

"'at t' order? Aye. I come 'ere e'ry time I'm 'round, so I near always ge' th' same thin'." She shrugged and leaned back in her chair as she heard footsteps approaching. "Same fer m', t'day." She looked up at the seabeaten man with sunken eyes and salty hair placidly, face not betraying any emotion. Looking over at Cullen, she tipped her head slightly, as if asking him what he wanted and telling him rather forcefully to spit it out soon. It seemed that she didn't quite like the man. Not that she hated him or anything, but not such fond relations... That was sure. Yes, yes...quite sure.

"Ah...okay, mademoiselle. Et pour vous, monsiuer?" The Frenchman looked at Cullen rather expectantly as well. What was this man of Abe's going to say? What cards was he going to play? What did he expect to gain from the girl...?

(Translation: What to order? Yes. I come here every time I'm around, so I nearly always get the same thing.

Same for me today.

Ah...okay, miss. And for you, sir?)

Theresa

"London. I, ah, didn't see much of it. People tell me its a shame though." it wasn't. She never wanted to go back ever again. The only part of London she ever saw was through a single window. "I think that I'm better off on a ship than there." her eyes traced an incoming pigeon to the coop. They were close. Without shuffling for it, Theresa plucked a roll of paper from under her coat. She'd always placed these letters there. "What about you, I hope we're not gonna lose our carpenter next stop?" it was a joke, but she didn't smile. Only her eyes betrayed that she was happy. She didn't know how it happened, but she had stopped smiling somewhere along the way. As though her face never learned how to truly smile and had recently rejected the fake smiles she had plastered on her face at a young age.

Mary

"Don't say that when we've just ordered a pair of them!" Mary said, laughing. When her laughter died down, she thought for a minute as if struggling to ask. "Why did you save me? You said that you wouldn't." she looked away as she asked. She always took people at face value, and she thought that Robb had meant it. Until he saved her that was. Most people wanted her to shut up anyway. They wanted her to be quiet and hold her hand over her own mouth as she screamed for help. That was why the haircut, after all. She'd expected that something would happen... but that was her. Just rushing to hold onto something that couldn't be saved. "I just asked you earlier... but I suppose that asking someone something while they're saving you is kinda hard to answer. I mean, the water was all sloshing around and stuff..." she trailed off, suddenly interested in her napkin.