TwilightMoonDragon

Shadows: Whisper | Assassin's Creed

[Again, Duss, we can talk about it. ^^

... Hey. Instead of RPing out the hiding, would you guys rather skip t the end? I know you guys were looking forward to the deaths.]

(I'm okay with that. Kal would go first, right?)

[sure, if ya want. ^^

I'll also be extremely inactive Saturday. If you know anything about Pokemon, well... X and Y come out, and I have to battle the Templars people waiting in line to get it. Yeah. Gets that crazy here.]

(xd.png Good luck!)

It was a dark and stormy night...

Scratch that, actually. It was a pretty sunny day. It was a sunny day when she died. So ironic. Almost comical.

"Son... Could you be bothered to fetch me some water?" Her voice was frail and shaky. It was almost nonexistent. But he had been trained to hear. The boy, only ten at the time, pumped water from the well obediently and brought some in a bowl to his sickly mother. Careful not to spill the water, he went back into their little shed. Kal's body was limp and lifeless, drooping all over the bed. Dropping the wooden bowl, the boy rushed to his mother.

"Mama! Wake up, mama!" But she didn't wake, didn't stir. Frantically, the boy reached for the bowl of water and tipped the last few drops into her mouth, willing her to suddenly swallow. "Mama...," he sobbed. "Mama..." Face contorted with an ugly sob, he hugged the woman that was close, crying into her hair like he used to. She still smelled alive... She still smelled like sadness...

((Well... Cyrus will go out bravely, hopefully defending Circe and the kids...

Hermes will die after Calypso.

Speaking of Helypso, I was thinking they'd have a single kid.

Also, Cyrirce, one more kid? One that's actually Cyrus' biologically?))

Edited by Dusset

[OH

I KNOW

I've been planning this death since her beginning almost.

How do you feel about the kid being sold into slavery?]

((TMD, great! Also, I sent you a pm.

Rain, that sounds terrible.

I like it.))

Calypso held her child close, the bundle of cloth squirming against her grip. She'd just gone out for a walk. It was just supposed to be a walk. A quick jaunt into the woods. No she could feel her head throbbing, as it usually did when Eagle Vision had been flickering on and off repeatedly. Her mind said that there were monsters in the woods, and her eyes said there were Shades in town. Th child fussed, and noise in the trees increased. "Hush, hush..." She begged the child as quiet as possible. she couldn't understand where they had come from, or why they were chasing her. She stood and ran, the child crying louder and louder with every flicker of Eagle Vision. She'd slowed when she stepped into town, calmer because it was safer.

She'd relaxed for one moment, then an arrow flew through the air and landed square between her shoulder blades.

It didn't go very deep, but it knocked her down, leaving her without breath. A Shade came and caught her baby, snatching it out of the air. Calypso could barely breathe before another arrow flew into her back. Her body was numb now, her fingers twitching sporadically, and her eyes watching the man walk away.

"No... Please..." She begged, her voice hoarse.

"What say you Francis? Take it and make it a good slave?" Said one Shade.

"Aye." The other said.

"Please..." Calypso said, feeling the cold blood spread out around her.

"It's still not dead. Finish what you start Francis."

The next arrow went through her head, and she didn't even react. People stepped around the body, most not wanting anything to do with it. She was nothing more than trash now, waiting for someone to come along and clean it off the streets.

Several days later, Hermes had been fretting. He was worried for Calypso and had sought her out several times but nothing had come up. Until he got word from another assassin that her body had been found. He immediately asked about their son. Nothing. He threw a fit the likes Zeus' never even knew. He was alone again! Alone, alone, alone! He'd lost all he cared about in his life. His wife, his son. Wealth had been tedious as son as he learned thievery, and honor was never something assassins had. Family, though, was something he never had. When he forged one of his own, he was happy. The nightmares had subsided, or at least he remembered them less and less. He no longer had to question if he was in reality or if his mind was about to put him through agony for the night. If it hadn't been for her... For Calypso... He'd have ended it long ago. He sent about taking long walks for awhile. Long walks up into the mountains with little on his back. That didn't help. Seeing the ledges and the falls became the catalyst for the return of his nightmares.

At least two months passed and one night he tore awake from a particularly heavy one. He wasn't satisfied that he was awake. His mind had never created Calypso, and she had been his sign. If he was asleep or not. Now that she was gone... He didn't know. He spent every moment in fear that his demons would jump out of a shadow. That he might find himself on the clouds again and be pushed off by his namesake, again and again and again. But he couldn't live like this. His mind was playing tricks against him every waking and sleeping hour. His heart was shattered from loss and he could hardly bare it. No one would understand his issues. No one had his problems. He set out one day, leaving a note behind for anyone that might search for him, that is, if he wasn't dreaming. He made his way to the base of a mountain and pressed on. He traveled a whole of three days to reach the top. He stood on the highest peak the mountain had to offer, and looked over Greece. He could see Larrissa just off in the distance, on the very edge of the horizon, very small. He took one last breathe, said one last prayer, shed one more tear,

And leapt.

Edited by Dusset

[ZOMG GAIZ

Stahppppppppp too saaaaaddddd-

I cried at all three of yours... now... I don't know how to kill of Circe. Maybe of illness, Duss? She should totally die in Cyrus's arms...]

((Glad to know I caused some tears. It's like a compliment.

Hmm...

I suppose. Cyrus probably wouldn't contract it unless it was plague. Traveling so far as young as he was, he definitely got sick a lot. Resistances are only good for so much, though.

I think I know how I'll end Cyrus. I'll kill him off after Circe.

Moose, SophiaxThais? We could hook them up very shortly then kill them off. They could be the heart warming end of this gen?))

[i'll start out Circe.]

Circe

The illness... It had taken her, ravaged her. At first, it had been a sniffle. Then a cough. She burned with fever. Circe usually didn't get sick, but this infection had harmed her. It had harmed her so much...

Circe had given Cyrus a son, his first biological son. He was a strong boy, bright eyed and fierce, unlike Kestrel, who was mellow and content. The baby cried mostly in anger when it could not suckle when he wanted to, and when his mother was not carrying him. She had named him Cyrus, after his father. He would be as loving and as strong as him.

Though, when she fell sick, her baby was taken away, along with Kestrel and Sophia. Circe gagged and coughed in her hay stack, hay sticking in her dark hair and her tanned skin becoming pale. Sh was fragile and weak... And her body was skinny. "Cyrus..." she rasped, opening her eyes only a little. She knew she was going to die... Everyone did.

Sophia had grown significantly in the past years. She was almost fifteen, a woman. Cyrus was old by Greek standards, thirty-five or so, but he still looked like he did years ago, just a few more wrinkles on his forehead and a sense of wisdom on his eyes. He'd been teaching Sophia regardless of tradition. He was to ensure she received Spartan training, but his was wrong. His was meant to break him down and mold him into a soldier. He wanted to build her into a hero. A hero for the Creed to hold onto when he was gone and could no longer inspire men to fight and assassins to come together as a family. But his wife was on her deathbed. He heard her call from outside and walked in. The cave on Olympus became a base of it's own. Secluded and well fortified. Some left to start families and the like, but most stayed. He came to Circe, and sat next to her, Sophia staying back with Kestrel and C.J. as Cyrus' son was called. "Yes, Circe?" He asked softly, something that years ago no one would believe he was capable of.

Edited by Dusset

(If Sophia is almost ten and is older than Thais, it's impossible for Circe to have died after Kal because Thais was already ten by then.)

Circe

Her eyes had closed when there was but silence, but they opened again when Cyrus entered. "I'm cold, Cyrus..." Circe told him. "I'm so... Cold."

[Din din.]

Cyrus cradled Circe's head and held her hand. "Do you need another blanket?" He asked, hoping this wasn't what he thought it was.

((Sorry, didn't have much to go on and his reply depended too much on Circe's.))

Circe

Circe wheezed as Cyrus cradled her head in one hand and held her hand in another. Oh, Cyrus... when he was younger, he was strong and cold, only opening up toward those who he cared for and loved. And at the time, it was only Sophia. But now... now he was kind and sweet no matter what. Was it because of old age? She could detect a glint of wisdom in his eye.

"I won't be needed one, anymore." she whispered. Then, she looked into his eyes. "... I'm... going to die. Soon. Very soon. And... I want you to be here until I leave. And... to tell you... that you have to take care of Kestrel and CJ. They won't have me anymore... and... you have to go on. You can't do what... you can't do what Hermes did... whatever he did..." she suspected he killed himself after the loss of Calypso. "... Promise me, Cyrus. Promise me that you'll live on and take both of them under your wing. Promise me that you'll be there for... Sophie..." it was obvious that she was already drifting off. "... I love you, Cyrus..."

Cyrus listened intently, knowing she was on her last legs. "I promise." He said. "I do. I won't let anything happen to our children. I won't repeat Hermes' actions." He felt a knot in his chest form, something he never thought he'd feel. Or admit. Fear. "I love you Circe. I love you with every fiber of my being. I'm not sure how my life would have gone if I hadn't, but I wouldn't trade our time together for the armies of Sparta, or all the knowledge in Athens, or the glory of the Gods." He was afraid of losing her, but he smiled. He smiled because he was remembering all the good times they ever had. The birth of Kestrel, of CJ. He remembered when Sophia met Circe, when they bonded. How happy his daughter was with this woman, that at the time, he gave to no second thoughts to. "I love you." He repeated.