TwilightMoonDragon

Shadows: Whisper | Assassin's Creed

((So expectant that Cullen is there for physical gain.))

"Ah... Escargot. And... ah... vino." Cullen said. He didn't know French, and hoped this man spoke Italian. Or that wine was similar in French. He only knew the word for the snail dish, and that was about it. Never in his Italian studies was it mentioned that he might need to learn simple things in other languages. He could communicate in Italian, German, Gaelic and English, along with it dialects. Except for Italian,which opened over to Spamish,he was pigeon-holed. Oh well. He offered a smirk and turned his attentio back to Abe. "So what else be in 'dis town? Gotta be somethin' more 'dan restuarants and pubs.

[so tired.]

"Me? Leave the crew? And go where?" Garrett glanced at Theresa as he walked with her. "Again... I much rather follow than lead. If I lead and I make mistakes, there isn't anyone to blame except me. Right?"

Robb watched as the wine was served. Taking a swig , he looked at her. "I wasn't about to let you die. You're a friend and crewmate. And a Creed member, if I'm not mistaken. We're like brothers and as far as I know, brothers don't let each other die."

Theresa

"That is true. I just didn't see you was all. I was merely wondering if you were avoiding the crew to get ready for a new ship, is all." Theresa said, moving to the pigeon coop and plucking out a single bird. She expertly tied the message around its leg and sent it off. "Well, we should head back. I don't want to be harassed in the street because I don't speak French."

Mary

She cautiously drank a little wine, listening to Robb talk. "Yeah. I've never had a brother before though. So I suppose I'll have to return the favor someday."

[school. The bell is ringing as I type.]

Aero managed to right himself after being on a boat for that long. He took a deep breath, the air was less salty here. It could still be picked up in the faintest of ways if one weren't already used to it. Aero let the sun beat down on him. His hood was once again over his head as he walked through the streets of the French port. He made his way to a bar and slipped inside for a drink. He glanced around quickly to make himself aware of the number of people inside and any potential threats and exits if something were to require a quick escape. He caught a glimpse of Ceto, and a man seated with her. He scowled quickly and turned his head, he was still very angry with how he had been treated. He avoided her at all costs. He sat down at the bar and ordered a drink.

Garrett

Garrett frowned. What would he do with a new ship..? Would he be shunned by the crew? Or would he be loved? He wasn't sure... The man would probably just be a regular carpenter. Like always. "What is it with the French and us? Maybe they're just put off that we're so much better than them." he chuckled then and shook his head. That was like Garrett. Always joking around and making himself a fool. He turned and began to walk back to the ship. He really disliked the French and Garrett rarely disliked anyone, much less a group of people. It was just that they were so smug. Then again, weren't the British the same way? With their noses turned up and speaking in their prissy voice... "It's a crisp day, isn't it?" he asked, looking at Theresa. For a moment, he looked her over. Also a thing that Garrett hardly did. He believed that one's mind should be pure from any sensual thoughts. Which Garrett caught himself in constant daydreams about laying with pretty women. Of course, he begged for forgiveness from the creator afterwards.

Robb

"You really don't have to repay me. That's what brothers are for." Robb said with a grin, leaning back and drinking some of the wine. It was sweet and soothing on his palate. Ah, yes, that hit the spot. He was a good Frenchman since he loved wine. Red. White. He didn't mind. But he believed that white wine went well with seafood and red wine went well with red meat. Suddenly, the waiter came over with a steaming serving of crabs. Oh, God, that smelled delicious. He reached forward and grabbed a crab, ripping off of its legs and sucking out the meat. Delictable, so, so delictable... He glanced up at her and grinned. "Like your food, Mary? They say that it's freshly picked from the sea." he commented as he took a sip of his wine. However, he went back to sucking at the crabs' legs. It was quite amusing actually.

[Duss, would you mind posting as Roberts so they could interact with Aero?]

((No time. Just have Ceto call Aero over or something. I'm sorry.))

Edited by Dusset

[it's okay Duss. I understand.]

Ceto

Roberts had fallen quiet and she was getting bored. Her blue eyes rested on the glass of vodka that she had ordered, admiring its pretty form. Ceto was getting drunk after eleven glasses of scotch and five or six vodkas. Even though that wasn't a lot for a few men, one had to understand that she held liquor less than other women that were deemed alcoholics. There was a flush on her cheeks and a glaze to her eyes, but she was able to get up when she saw Aero enter. It wasn't to say that she had stable footing when she got off her seat. Maybe she should stop drinking... What was she saying? Was this Ceto speaking? "Put a round of ale on this man's tab!" she yelled to the barkeep, staggering over to Aero and wrapping her arm around his shoulder much like a man would do. She laughed loudly, and sat next to him. "Ey, ya gone and got off of my ship! That's great! I mean, I thought you wouldn't gone off board even if we threatened to shoot you! Aw... still have that grouchy face?" she pinched his cheeks and laughed.

(Yeah. Pretty much.)

The man nodded and looked between the two, lingering for what would likely be considered too long for a waiter. But his scrutinizing gaze suggested ulterior motives. Nevertheless, he did leave them alone and went off the the kitchen to prepare their foods.

Abe, at Cullen's speech, shrugged. "I dunno. Marseille is a pretty small town. 'ere oughtta be someplace nice 'round here, but I'm not the sort to be with that crowd. I'm too different in the nice places. There are some shady boutiques around here if you want to see, but I really don't recommend it. These are the slums. Obviously, nearing the sea, it's dirty and bustling with people, so it's expected that it'd be this way. But farther toward the center of town there are probably some halls for fancy parties and expensive brothels and such." She shrugged again, looking around. Feeling strangely inadequate, the woman played with her hair to occupy herself.

Cullen thought about the option he ha that Abe had given him. "'ell I ain't much for shoppin'." He said. "And oi don' have mucha any desire t'crash a party I wasn't invited to." He stroked his chin in thought, thinking it all over further. He noticed that his attempts to keep hair from his face were seemingly futile. Maybe he sould just grow a beard for he coming winter? "Don' like brothels much, either." He paused as he gazed at Abigail. "I apologize. I 'adn't even asked what 'ye thought. What'd 'ya like 'ta do?" He momentarily pondered if his behavior seemed odd. Honestly, he didn't care. He would continue to be polite.

Theresa

"They have some sort of inferiority complex I'd imagine. Always trying to invade us and take us over. It is kinda adorable when they try and take over." Theresa said, answering Garrett's question. "It is a lovely day, I agree. Nice and warm for an Autumn day." as she walked, she thought about winter, and how many the season would take with it. Hopefully she would not fall I'll again during the winter.

Mary

She could feel the heat rise to her face when Robb spoke about how he didn't have to be repaid for what he did. In an effort to hide the blush, she gulped down some of the white wine, emptying her glass quickly. That was when they delivered the sea spider thing that Mary now knew was called crab. She poked it with her fork and tried to dig under the shell, looking for meat. Looking up at Robb, she noticed he was sucking on the crab's legs. In an effort to make something of the meal, she pulled off a few legs and tried to follow his example. He asked about her meal, but her mouth was already engaged with the crab leg. It was hilarious to watch her eat, since she was trying all sorts of way to tease the meat out. "It's delicious, I just have to figure out how to eat it first."

[school.]

Edited by RainDash

Garrett

He guessed that it was nice and warmer than usual, but he had heard that the water was cold. Garrett continued to walk beside Theresa, glancing over her. "I have to admit. I'm worried about winter."

Robb

"That's because you forgot to crack it. You won't get much of anything if you just keep on trying to suck on it." Robb laughed. He took a new crab leg and showed her exactly how to do it- twisting and ripping off one of the joints. In a matter of moments, the crab meat was poking out. "See?"

[Have to eat lunch and then study and then school.]

Theresa

Garrett echoed her thoughts, voicing her concern. "Don't be. It will be fine, I am sure. If we're careful, we should lose very little people." she tried to reassure Garrett. She didn't know where they were going to be next, for all she would have known, she could only hope the icy seas to the far north were out of the equation. The ship could get damaged, and not to mention the crew probably were inexperienced with snow and ice. They reached to dock, almost back to the ship.

Mary

Mary followed his lead, twisting the joint in the leg until it broke and revealed the meat inside. Her eyes widened in surprise and defended upon the leg, tearing out the meat with what appeared to a small smile. "For a sea spider, I'm surprised it tastes so good!" she said, speaking around the food and temporarily forgetting her manners. She quickly recovered, swallowing and using the napkin to wipe off the crabs around her mouth. She turned a little red, somewhat embarrassed by her behavior. "Sorry, manners are still kinda new to me…" she'd been raised on the streets and that was dog eat dog. First come to eat, first served and store the rest for yourself. Acting as though it wasn't something you did to survive was new, and Theresa had drilled manners into her by using a ruler.

[school.]

[Lol, running out of things to say for Garrett.]

Robb

Robb allowed a grin to cross his face. They hardly ever did, and when he laughed it was only a sharp bark with no smile to his face. But Mary was acting like a little child, and that made him smile. Even though she was a year older than him, or so he estimated. His brown eyes flicked up to her once more and he watched as the lobster was brought over, with some bread. "We're pirates, we don't know manners." he commented, reaching over and taking the bread. He ripped it in half and shoved one of the halves into his mouth, his eyes lighting up with the flavor that spilled over his mouth. Mmmm... that was great! "You should try the bread. It's been freshly baked and everything! So delicious..." Robb never ate much anyway. He was thin as a stick at the moment, but he was pretty sure that he was gaining a few pounds. His eyes flicked up to Mary again. "Where are you from, Mary? I mean, you can tell from my accent that I'm French... But I don't see any signs signalling to where you are from. I mean, if it insults you..." drifting off, he pressed the ridge of the cup against his mouth and drank deeper. Then, he thought. Where did she come from? Maybe she was Italian or Spaniard because of her dark hair and her brown eyes. But that was a stereotype. He had dark hair and eyes and he was French! She could very well be German for all he knew.

[same for Theresa. Let's assume they're going back at sunset and thus will be there when everyone else arrives?]

Mary

"Uhmm... I'm from Italy. Don't look it, do I?" Mary said, averting her eyes and nibbling at the bread in her hands. "It doesn't insult me, it just reminds me that I'm kinda parentless. Which stinks. At least you know your Dad." Mary stated, putting the bread down. She shook her head and tried to stuff down more bread. The food was good, though. It was too bad that it was soured by the talk about her family. There wasn't much to say, and she was little jealous that he knew his dad, even if he didn't like him much. She avoided his gaze as if she knew looking him in the eye would reveal her jealousy.

[sleepy time...]

((So I had the displeasure of finding out what it's like to stand at attention for 2 and a half hours staring at a blank wall trying to keep my eyes focused on one point...))

Aero sighed as he heard Ceto approach, wonderful. He hated dealing with her sober now he had to deal with her drunk. "I told you I hated ships." He said looking away. He flinched a little when she grabbed his cheeks. Now she was touching him and being all chummy. What the hell was wrong with her? He quickly downed his drink and ordered another. He wanted to drink fast if Ceto was going to stay around him. "So besides emptying my pocket was there anything you wanted?" He asked.

[That sucks. I would cry. And then they would yell at and make me cry more.]

Robb

Robb gazed at his friend. So she was a censorkip.gif*** orphan? Or an abandoned censorkip.gif***? Or maybe she wasn't one at all... "I think it's better for you not to know your dad rather than have one like mine." he told her, looking at his food and cracking open the shell of the lobster. His face was beginning to get flushed from the wine that he was drinking. Even though he wasn't necessarily a lightweight, he had drunk a lot. The white wine was just so tasty with the seafood... Nibbling at the edge of the fork that he used to pry the meat off of the lobster, he looked at her again. "The lobster is better than the crab. Try it. It's so moist and well cooked at the same time." he told her softly, glancing up at her with soft eyes. Even if she didn't have parents, and he longed for her life, he still felt sorry for her. Imagining wondering where you came from. Now, that was sad. At least he knew he came from a no good pirate and a mother that didn't want him at all.

Ceto

The black haired woman pouted at him, playing with his hair. Why was he so hostile? Oh yeah, she kidnapped him from home. He shouldn't be so hostile then! God, whiner... "I just wanted to talk. I recruited a new cook, you see him? Dread Pirate Roberts, that's his name. A good fighter and he says that the Piece of Eden is in this very cove! Imagine that!" Ceto told him in Italian, drinking from her cup. Ceto was very... excitable to say the least. She was a rash and violent captain that had sent her ship against a whole fleet of brigades and frigates and one man o war. It had sunk her previous ship and she was placed in jail for a while before the assassins came and saved her. They even funded her new ship and crew for a time. "Listen, Aero... I'm feeling rather lonely in my cabin, and I have no way to entertain myself. It would be nice if you... stopped by..." she murmured, tracing her finger down his chest. Maybe she needed a break with Castiel and go after someone younger...

[Out of all of us, I think Danni would be the only one who could actually become an Assassin. xd.png

I'd just zone out after about an hour of staring at the wall...]

Mary

"Oh, okay." Mary said, forcing herself to bounce back into being perky. After her experience with the crab, she pried off on of the large looking claws and started to rip it apart, pulling out strings of meat. He was right, it was well cooked. She downed another glass of wine, also appearing more than a little flushed. She was a little tipsy, she knew that from one other experience with alcohol. "Mmm! I've never had any food this good before."

[school.]

[Lol, I was overexaggerating. I would do the same thing, Rain. xd.png]

Robb

At least she liked it and was back to her old perky self. Robb smiled, and looked at his lobster. It was steaming hot, with vegetables. He just couldn't get over how red it was. So. Mary was Italian then? Now that he listened to her speak her native language, it was obvious that she was. The "r"s and other sequences of letters in the Italian language she said were flawless. He usually stumbled over letter sequences and wondering if one part of the word was silenced like some words in French. Maybe he would never learn to speak Italian properly? That made hik depressed, and he washed down a piece of potato with more of the wine. "I know, right? It just tastes so much better than that bland fish that we always eat." he joked. It was true. They usually ate whatever they caught in their nets. Which meant that they ate fish most of the time. Sometimes a pirate would sneak aboard pastries and he would be caught eating them. And then... then would start the fights for the pastry. "Ready for dessert?" he asked, laughing. He usually never laughed. He was laughing more than ever... but that was because he was getting more and more drunk. One could tell from his expression.

Mary

Her eyes grew wider and wider. "Dessert? Ya mean there's more?" she'd never seen Robb laugh that much before, and it was a little... exciting. She downed more white wine, letting the warm feeling spread more. "And the fish ain't bad, yer stomach's jus too fussy at eat it." she laughed, and fell back over her chair. Maybe she needed to drink more, this feeling was just amazing. Why did she even bother with all that other crap anyway? Why let it hang around her and bring her down to levels unimagined? She could copy Ceto and just be drunk and happy all the time. She could see the value of it, and she could even break into the stores if needed. Mary broke into hiccups, wether it was from the wine or the laughter, she couldn't tell. "Hey, Robb?" she asked, her smile falling a little. "We should be drunk more offen. We laugh way more. And yer cute when ya laugh." she didn't even register that she had said the last part, but just that she had managed to get out words that sounded like words, and that was starting to get really tricky.

Robb

Robb laughed when Mary jested. The people in the restaurant were staring at them, muttering among themselves. They sure were eating a lot, and it didn't seem that they had a lot of money. He glanced up at the waiter who had dropped by and asked in French if they wanted any more. He laughed even louder and said "Oui! Obtenez-nous plus le vin et le dessert le plus délicieux au menu!" very loudly. The people around them were beginning to get irritated. Robb looked up at Mary when she said that he looked cute when he laughed. The waiter had left and he grinned crookedly. It was obvious that he was drunk. It was actually his first time drinking, or maybe it wasn't? He just didn't like drink that much. "I'm always cute." he hiccuped, tipping back his head as he finished off his cup. The waiter, sighing, brought over another bottle of wine and two plates of something chocolatey. He perked and began to dig into his meal. The wine, the crab, the lobster, the chocolate... It was all a melody of sweetness and freshness! "Maybe we should get drunk more often. All of the other crew members do." he commented. Especially his father and the captain. Even Garrett got drunk every so often. But the good thing was that they were all happy drunks, singing and dancing and doing their thing when they had the free time.

[Translation: Yes! Get us more wine and the most delicious dessert on the menu!]

Edited by TwilightMoonDragon

"Weren't we plannin' something? Was preetty sure that was shumthin' ta do wif leavin'..." words were getting hard to form now, and she was trying to decided whether or not the red coming to her face was because she agreed that Robb was always cute or the alcohol was getting to her. "An' I 'gree. What's a pirate wiffout rum?"

[sorry, I have some homework to do.]

[sure, but I gotta go to sleep.]

Mary patted her stomach and stood leave, content with the largest meal she'd had since... well... ever. "We should go now..." Mary mumbled, talking to Robb.

[Ach, sorry. I'm literally going to sleep now.]

[You said that you were going to sleep twice. xd.png]

Robb

Robb was pretty sure he had put on a few pounds. He leaned back in his chair and closed his eyes, sighing in content with the meal that he just had. That hit the spot... The several cups of wine, the crabs, the lobster, the chocolate dessert. All that there was left to do was sleep it off. As Mary stood up, the waiter made his way over. Obviously was coming over to collect his weighty pay. Robb smirked deviously, narrowing his eyes. Suddenly, he grabbed Mary's hand and began to pull her away. "Come on!" he yelled as he shot out of the restaurant. The waiter screamed after them as the night air blew against his face. He felt a little... sluggish, due to the weight of the food that he had just ate. Robb was hoping he didn't get stomach cramps. That would be terrible, just writhing in bed and groaning. Of course, if karma was real, he would suffer greatly. The ship was in sight now, and he glanced over his shoulder. Surprisingly, no one was following. Thank God. Rushing to the docks and up the gangplank, he just realized that he was panting. "'m surprised that I ran in a straight line." he laughed, his voice slurred, as he walked to the railing of the boat.

[sorry if a bit moddish.]

[i don't post late at night for the reason that I stop making sense...

Sorry that it's short again, but I'm going to work... bleh.]

Mary

She ran after him, her hand in his as they both dashed away from the restaurant. She made a face and stuck her tongue out at the waiter. At last they reached the ship, and breathlessly she nodded in agreement. "Maybe we lost them because we didn't walk in a straight line." she smiled, leaning on the railing of the boat. "Hey, we should do something to Ceto's stash. Maybe drink it all too? Either way, there's no one here right now... we could do anything we want." she pushed herself closer to Robb as she spoke.