TwilightMoonDragon

Shadows: Whisper | Assassin's Creed

Kaethe

Kaethe grinned as Zero bit off half of the olive. For a moment, his breath was on her face and she smelled his scent behind the smell of the olive. And then he touched her face. Tipping her face into his hand much like a cat would, she smiled at him. "... Zero... I'm... I'm having your baby..."

Kaethe knew what that meant when she found out. It meant that she would have to halt her apprenticeship, no matter how close she was to becoming a full assassin. Zero would streak ahead of her in his training, and she would be left in the dust. But she would be tending to her child, her glorious child... And she would feel it grow, and grow, and grow... "We knew this was going to happen. I just didn't know it would be so soon..."

Kaethe looked at him with large, mellow eyes. She was afraid of what he was going to do...

Zero closed his eyes and nodded. "You're right about that..." Reopening his eyes, the man stroked her hair with his hand. "I love you. We'll be okay." He looked out at the sky. The sun peeked nervously out from between the clouds as if asking if it was good time or not. Smiling and chuckling, Zero shook his head slightly. "You know... It seems like a good sign. The gods chased us farther and farther from Thebes until we sought refuge here, amongst them. Now we are blessed with many children, both born and unborn. I take it as a sign. We are blessed now, I think. Blessed with children, happiness and good fortune. It must be so..."

(I've really got no problem with it. Once we hide the Ankh, we need to do the death scenes. I'm looking forward to them.)

(Who will be hiding the thing, first of all. Can't start something with characters I don't control. But the only one of mine that could do it would be Zero. Helena has a kid and Kal is getting very sick right about now. Coughing and fainting and such. Not good for journeying many miles.)

[Eep! Forgot!]

Aella waited for the others. As master, she held the Ankh in one hand, but that didn't mean she liked the feel of the unnatural thing. "Hurry up! It's censorkip.gif ing cold out here!"

[school]

Hermes heard Aella's call and perked. They were going? Alright, he grabbed his pack and checked it. Kissing Calypso goodbye, he said, "I'll be back soon." He smiled and put the pack on his back, walking to Aella. "Ready."

Cyrus would go, but he was sorely injured. He'd fought Devon one on one, and he came out on top, but not without price. He'd broken a rib or two and came close to bleeding out. But he carried through. For Circe. For Sophia. For Kestrel. So he sat in their little stall, holding their son, watching the small party gather to leave. Now. Granted, the Ankh had been the primary cause he was alive, but he was still out of it. Muscles were sore and exhausted, and he had the overwhelming desire to spend time with his children before he died. Getting rid of the piece meant there was no coming back after death. He didn't want to risk it anymore.

((HW.))

Typhon

The man strapped his sheathes onto his belt, and walked toward the small party that was to go on the trip to Zeus knows where. Typhon was tall and broad, so he would be able to withstand the horrible gusts of wind that would blow against their faces, but he would have some trouble getting out of the snow drifts and clawing his way up mountains. He raised an eyebrow at Aela and sighed. "It's not that cold if you bundle up more." he stated, crossing his arms.

The kiss shared between Calypso and Hermes made him want to cringe. Typhon... made a few mistakes in his life. A few horrible mistakes. He... wished that he could go back in time and settle in with a nice, proper woman... but he feared that it was too late. His eyes gazed up at the white sky, trying to get his teeth from gnashing together as he thought. "Perhaps we should move quickly." he told Aela, stepping closer to her. He had grown serious while delving into his thoughts, and rubbed his arms. His breath billowed out in puffs as he waited for her to give the command.

From what he knew, they were to go far, far to the east. To a land snowier than this one.

Circe

Oh, how sweet little Kestrel looked in Cyrus's arms. He was so small, drawn up against his chest, and his brown eyes closed as he twitched in his sleep. Circe had fed him, the poor, quailing thing. Even though he had the nose of his real father, along with his current facial expression... No. She could not think of Kestrel as a thing, spawned from hate. No, he was her son, Cyrus's son. Her brown eyes rested on Cyrus's face, and she smiled. "He seems to like you very much." she told him softly, reaching over and touching the child's hand gently. Whining, Kestrel pulled back his clutched hand and fidgeted before falling asleep again. "He looks very much like you, Cyrus. Even if..."

Circe sighed and looked at the ground. Cyrus should know what she meant. They could not pretend that Kestrel was Cyrus's son, at least, not forever. But the Creed couldn't know. They would kill him, mount his head on a spike. Or... he would always be shunned, hated. Circe didn't want that for her son. Not now, not ever.

Kaethe

"I don't understand! Why can't I go with them?!"

Kaethe yelled this at a wall as she sulked in a corner. She had always been looking forward to having a baby with Zero, but... She didn't know that she had to remain on standby from everything! Her blue eyes gazed at the crevices that there were, scowling deeply and wrinkling her nose. Bugger Zero! Bugger everyone! She slammed her fist against the wall in her anger, but she hissed loudly as she pulled back her hand and saw that her knuckles were cut up and bleeding. The other hand was in a similar state, but it was matted with blood rather than dribbling with it. Running her hand through her tangled, black hair, she glowered at the mouth of the cave, where everyone was gathering.

Perhaps... she should sneak along? Just... just until they discovered her. Then she would turn back and go back home. She promised.

But, as she raised her hand to the little bump she had on her belly, she knew that she should stay. She knew that the trek would be a long and difficult one, and she could only pray to Zeus that he would take care of his devoted worshiper. She rubbed her stomach a bit more before returning to sulk, gazing at the wall of the cave once more. The crevices that she was most intrigued with was a deep one, one that produced a nice sensation on the finger tip as one touched it. It was as if air was flowing from it. Maybe from another cavern that was hidden away behind the one that they were in. Though, Kaethe wasn't going to bother telling anyone.

Aetios

Like Kaethe, Aetios was alone in a corner. The man, now becoming older, was a father. Or... was to be a father. He didn't know. But... he had been thinking about it. About the babe. At first, he was angry, hateful. He thought of killing Helena, stabbing her in the stomach, so the whole thing could be started over. But, as he thought, he doubted. That was not the way that he truly felt. He felt... nervous. Somewhat happy. But angry? No. He was...

He was at the least, thrilled.

Aetios often wondered how the baby was to look like. Was it going to be a handsome boy or a beautiful girl? Was it to have black hair and eyes as dark as Helena's? Or his light eyes?

He hadn't seen Helena in a while, now. For once, he was worried about her. Had she fallen sick? Was she to large to move around now? It seemed that was the case, because Cyrus and Aela were the ones running the joint at the moment. Or had she given birth? No... he would have heard the shrieks of pain she gave as she delivered their child. So Aetios stood there, leaning against the cold rock, with his hood drawn up and his teeth working underneath a stubbly jaw.

Helena was actually quite large. And as the months passed her by, she became more and more reclusive, not wanting...anyone. Not even those that she felt closest to. The woman rarely spoke to anyone unless they really needed it, and she demanded that they come to her in that circumstance. But the time drew near. Things came to her in visions. She saw squares of off-white things with squares and symbols she didn't recognize, but one square had a deep black circle around it (later known to be a calender with a date circled). And weird things that she couldn't discern the meaning of. Many, many things that flashed before her eyes. but the main thing was that she definitely didn't want to be away from the main cave at that moment. While it was possible that she'd get stares, something told the dark-haired woman that it was her place... Looking over at Kaethe as she entered, she quickly looked away. It was almost painful to watch. Her brother's lover torn to bits over a baby he wouldn't see born...

Aetios

It was sad, really. He had grown intrigued with watching the small, black haired woman that was known as Kaethe stare at the wall. It was as if she was wounded. When her time came, he would have to help her more than he helped other women. She would have to stretch a lot for the babe to come out smoothly, and it would be a lot of pain for her. There was a rustle and he looked up to see Kaethe cringe from something, and then... she came out.

Helena.

As he expected, she was huge; how her robes could still fit with that bulging belly, he didn't know. But under his suave and cool expression, he wished to pick her up and spin her about. Kiss her belly and tickle her chin as he boasted about how their child was to be an amazing assassin. But... what was this? He was walking toward her now, hands clasped behind him as he approached. They were trembling. But why? Where was this easy going Aetios he knew so well?

"Helena." even his voice sounded soft and kind, but his face was struggling to keep its calm expression. "How are you faring?"

Aetios pursed his lips and gazed down at the black haired woman. He remembered their long bout of passion, the sunny day she had given herself to him. Aetios thoroughly avoided her after, but his heart was calling to her either way.

"I brought extra for the travel, but I just like yelling at your censorkip.gif es to make sure they get moving."Aella said, smug. "Now, if Hermes could stop saying goodbye to his girlfriend we could get moving." Sure she felt left out of all the happiness and warm feelings that the couples had, but she had the victory. They'd won, despite them being lazy sacks of worthlessness, but they'd won. They could go home, to Thebes. Her cocky smile for a moment, became a happy one. A sated, content one.

[Duss, you want Calypso to be pregnant?

UGh its laaaatttteee]

Zero, casually slipping away from the group, tip-toed into the cave. Just one last glance at Kaethe before he had to go. Every skilled, able-bodied man was required to go. And women could choose. But generally, they chose to go if not attached to a man or child who had to stay.

"Hey...," he started hesitantly. Kaethe was prone to mood swings, he knew. Quite...prone...

Helena looked at Aetios, eyes drooping with fatigue. "Fine. And you?" She raised her eyebrows slightly, though she retained the tired expression. She hadn't gotten a good sleep for a while, since the baby's kicks kept waking her and morning sickness kept her from getting sleep into the morning. It was a sad time, but she bore the weight with dignity. Kind of...

(So uninspired. Sorry. And no. Not dead yet.)

[i'd just be replying to myself if I posted...]

Aella just glared at the group. She internally pouted that Zero slipped away, and if she chased after him then she'd have to deal with Kaethe. Which she didn't want to do. "Anyone else want to kiss their brides or can we start on the important mission to bury this gods-forsaken thing?" Aella snapped, trying to vent her frustration the only way she knew how. Verbal abuse. She'd learned from the best, and if these Assassins weren't as wussy, she'd hit them too.

[school]

((Sorry. Haven't been up to posting these past few days. But I've been spending a lot of time with good friends and my world is lightening up a bit. Here's a kinda-post.))

Hermes stood in front of Aella and gave a half-hearted salute. "I'm ready to head out." He said, looking around at the assassins. "Let's get a move on."

Cyrus smiled, "Even if what?" He asked rhetorically, he knew the answer. "Even if I wasn't his father? But dear Circe, I most certainly am, in every way." Kestrel was his son, and Cyrus had slain the Athenian who gave him life. That didn't make the Athenian his father, however. Being a father wasn't something you were by default. It was something you earned. "I just don't think you've realized that yet."