TwilightMoonDragon

Shadows: Whisper | Assassin's Creed

"Please, let's move away from the edge." Calypso asked, eyeing the monster next to Hermes. The smoke opened in a smile, its fingers lying just below his eyes. It created the dark circles under his eyes, she knew. The shades were preying upon them again. It had to be lord Hades himself sending these to torment her, make her watch helplessly as her lover withered away into nothing. She'd take the nightmares if she could. Steal them from his mind and memory.

[bed.]

"Oh, uhm, yeah, sure." Hermes said offering a smile. He took a few more steps away from the edge, and stood just in front of her. "Don't worry about it, huh? You've seen me balance on worse." He didn't like it when she looked worried. He felt guilty, but he couldn't bear sleep some nights, and it showed. "How are you?" He asked, taking one of her hands in his. "Any plans for the day?" He had no intention of jumping, not that Calypso was there. She was never in his nightmares. The only thing that separated them. The one thing Hades could never replicate was her perfection and beauty. So he was safe as long as he waited for her. "I was thinking a nice walk on one of the passes that spirals up. See where it goes."

"I don't really have any plans." Calypso said, masking her panic and fear behind the words. The shade would push Hermes over the edge if it wanted to, he was so close to falling over anyway. "Going up a mountain sounds nicer than sitting around anyway."

[Going to work]

Helena bowed her head and chuckled. "You're the right person to have trained my brother. Go along with you plans and let me know if you want anything from me." She started away, rubbing her cheek, still smiling. "I told you I trusted you. Doesn't change because you have things to worry about now. I've been there." She looked down, her smile falling. And soon I will be there again, she thought. "You're strong, Cyrus. And brave. And if there's one thing I hate more than anything, it's people who bow their heads and follow me like dogs. Never let your passion die with you. That is my one order. But I expect that you already saw that necessity." Sliding down another incline, she worked her way down to a small cliff and sat down on it, looked out over the place they'd once called home. "We're coming, Hellas. We're coming."

"Alright, let's go." Hermes said, happily enough. He led her away from the cliff side and towards a path. "I found this awhile back, I've just never had a reason to walk it. I thought it might lead somewhere where we could get away for a little bit. Away from the children and the others and responsibilities for awhile." Granted, he had no idea where it went and it might end in a dead-end, where it just stops and they can't go further, having found nothing. But he was an optimist if anything, and he was hoping for the magnificence on the Gods in a view over the land.

Cyrus smirked when Helena spoke. "Aye, Mentor." He said with a sharp salute, gaining back his briefly lost respect. He climbed the incline they'd slide down and walked back to the cave. "Aella!" He called. "Where are you?" Aella was the only other Spartan, and while she may not have served, he held her in a high regard for her ferocity. They spoke little though. Now was the time to plan, and he needed another strategic mind to help. Who better than another master?

((Alrighty, so instead of having Cyrus and Aella have some big long discussion, how about we work it out OOC then skip to the end of the planning, and call all the charries to the masters?))

Arcanus looked up from where he was gazing at the ground, his piercing gaze meeting that of the Commander's. after a moment, he continued, "The female assassin that escaped? The child survived. She is raising your son as an Assassin."

Devon felt rage filling him. She would dare do that?!? A woman, no, a pleasure slave?!? HIS son would become a hero of Athens, conquering many territories!! HE WOULD NOT STAND FOR THIS!!

Pointing do Arcanus, his hand quivering, Devon raggedly whispered, "You will find that censorkip.gif*, and you will bring her child to me... Even if it means killing her... Now GO!!"

Arcanus left the room, thinking on how to pull this mission off... Well, it was obvious, actually. Time to throw off the obscuring web of lies and expose the man underneath. Alex of Athens would not be crushed! He would stand tall alongside his ruler, and carry out orders as they were given.

For the first time in his life, Alex grabbed a horse from the stables, and began riding.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Devon, on the other hand, was already preparing for war. Using the locations Alex had given him, he had a battle plan drawn up, though it required that the assassin had yet to begin infiltrating his empire. As it was, most of the cities gaurds were established around the walls. However, this plan required most of the men, and was made to creae a block wall surrounding them on three sides. If they ran, a Calvary hiding nearby would give chase, with orders not to return until the assassins were dead.

Devon personally thought it his best battle plan yet. His underlings were beginning to question his sanity. However, the order was still sent out, and in the morning light, hundreds of soldiers prepared for war.

(I suppose so. I think you have to position Circe, though, TMD. I'll just have Helena nearby to kill him. smile.gif)

((I think Devon is coming to get Kestrel, then Circe and Helena fend him off, then we switch to the raids.))

[Okay, I'll start it. But it's gonna be short. Dinner!]

Circe

Kestrel was growing.

By now, he don't cry as much. He babbled happily, and smiled his toothless grin up at his mother. He giggled when Aetios stopped by, and pulled at his toes. But he laughed the most when Cyrus and Sophia were there. Circe felt like a family.

She was currently in her small stall, stroking her child's brown hair back. He was babbling happily, full and warm in her mother's cloth.

(No. Arcanus is coming to fetch Kestrel, then Circe and Helena fight him off (with Helena, who was formerly Arcanus' friend, killing him) and then Circe somehow also fights Devon, with Cyrus and him having the major fight.)

(Should someone puppet his characters or should we wait?)

(I could puppet, but that makes the death less...dramatic...)

((I could. But don't expect more than one post a day until Sat. And don't expect much of anything on Thursday.))

[sorry.... Personal matters have been getting in the way.]

There was a knock on Circe's door. Just outside it, a cloaked man undiscerbable behind a facial cover readied a knife. He would burst in as soon as she opened the door, quieting her as soon as possible... Then, he'd have a clear shot at the child. Then, he'd be able to get his life back.

Circe

Circe was playing with her child now, laughing as she bounced him up and down on her knee. The woman really wanted to be an assassin again, but she was an assassin mother. There see no other women here that had milk, so what would happen to Kestrel if she died? He would surely starve. That was why she kept to herself in her own little private stable and made Cyrus tell her stories and news of what was happening. She kept herself happy... Most of the time. She stil had the wanting feeling to sink her blade into someone's flesh and to hear them scream in pain as they died...

There was a knock on her door. Grinning, she leapt to her feet and walked toward it, cradling the babe in one arm. There stood Arcanus, and it surprised her. "Oh... Hello, Arcanus! What are you doing here? I heard that you went rogue..." she tipped her head up at him. There was something eerie about this man... And she didn't know what. Without knowing, she took a step back and held the babe closer to her chest.

Sophia was playing with Kestrel and Circe, who by this point, she'd deemed her mother for all intents and purposes. Her papa was with a group of assassins, she knew, planning a big heist. He told her that he would bring back a big prize for her. Something beautiful and shiny. The jester-man Hermes had told her that if her papa failed, he'd bring her back a god's fist full of gold, since he was going with him. So she happily played, oblivious to the fact that her father was putting his life on the line to stop a tyranny she only understood as the bad-guys. Not to mention, blissfully unaware of Arcanus' intentions to assassinate little Kestrel.

((At least you're back. ^^

EDIT:

Thanks for the correction, Moose. I've never seen it written only heard it. Darn slang.))

Edited by Dusset

(*intents and purposes)

Helena saw a cloaked man as he wound his way up the mountain. Most of the good fighters were gone, but she stayed. For one, she was Mentor and didn't even want to fight. For another, she needed to protect her unborn child. As he drew nearer, she edged nearer and nearer to the place where Circe and her babe were. Most of the others were either out fighting or in the cave, so they'd be able to hold their ground. But because Circe had to make sure that her babe was properly held and fed and changed and everything at all times, there was little time to gather weapons or even practice, which would man any man rusty on the skills. So she stood nearby as Arcanus knocked. She heard the door creak open and paid attention to Circe as she spoke. Clenching her fists, Helena prepared to barrel Arcanus down and ask him what for. If he even gave one wrong answer... Well, her patience was wearing thin for his ambiguity.

(This also kind of serves as a BUMP.)

There were no pomegranate trees on the mountain to Zero's knowledge. It had some scraggly olive trees with not much grace at all, but that was about it. He stood on a small rocky clearing, leaning against the steep mountain incline, feeling the roughness of the stone against his bare back. Having just bathed, he was drying off in the sun whilst also enjoying the view of Hellas. Closing his eyes briefly, he couldn't help but think that he'd lucked out in not being picked for one of the parties that went out as a part of the effort to steal the Ankh. Kaethe hadn't either, though he didn't know know where she was, exactly. Perhaps in the cave. Perhaps foolishly looking for pomegranates where there were none. But that was part of her allure. The way that she childishly and shamelessly followed her whims, always remaining optimistic.

Kaethe

The black haired woman walked around, humming softly as she popped an olive in her mouth. Her hips swayed back and forth happily. Though Kaethe was worried, she didn't make it show. They were going to win this, she knew. They would get the Ankh. They would win. She knew that that they would! Kaethe found Zero sitting with his back against the rock. She had something to tell him.

"Ready and willing for me already?" she purred, sitting next to him and placing a olive in her mouth. She left it poking out from her lips and leant over, poking against Zero's. She was always a flirt with him. Even though they hardly saw each other anymore, when they were together Kaethe was all over him. "Eat it! 'Tis yummy!" she told him.

Zero opened one eye lazily and grinned. "'Kay," he mumbled as he put his mouth around that other side of the olive. Taking a bite, he quickly swallowed down his half of the olive. "Any reason why you're so chipper today?" He brushed some hair out of her face with a slight smile. "Not that I mind. Just curious." The young man looked over her features happily. He'd missed her. He'd missed the curve of her jaw and the slope of her nose. He'd missed the twinkle in her eye and the sun in her voice. The breeze blew his hair across his face, but he didn't mind, his eyes fixated on Kaethe's. He wondered what was up...