TwilightMoonDragon

Shadows: Whisper | Assassin's Creed

(It's okay. I have homework and food as well. However, I'm pushing those as late as possible. xd.png)

Aelia knew that Casio would tell. He just couldn't keep his mouth shut. So...immature! It was as if she had no value in his eyes. Feeling shut-out and alone and violated, she sighed. She looked up at him and gave him a hard stare. Laying a little kiss on his cheek, she opened the door. "That's the end." Exiting, she hurried down the stairs in the dark. Seeing a person she didn't recognize, Aelia's cheeks went red. "Um...hello. Are you new or what?" She knew she came off as a little rash and she knew her clothing was very disheveled, but she didn't care. The woman brushed a strand of hair behind her ear as she waited for Kristi's reply.

Scipio felt Ambra lean into him and smiled softly. Feeling his hood being pulled off, his face went stern. Why did she care to see his face? He was was beast. He tore apart cities to kill a single man. He burned down empires to overthrow a king. Feeling Ambra's lips, he became confused. What? What was she doing? He hurt her too much for him to let it happen. No. He would be responsible, for once. "No. I can't hurt you again..." That showed his own true weakness. He was afraid of himself. What sort of man was afraid of his own actions? A weak one, for sure. But one that was weak-minded and strong-bodied. The worst sort, he could say.

(Timeskip, TMD?)

[Okay, long post time!]

The soft kiss on his cheek made Casio smile, but before he could say anything to Aelia she vanished from his room. That was the end of it. For some reason, they were bittersweet. It wasn't as if he didn't feel this feeling before, and so he shook it off. He was Casio. He didn't need anyone. He bet down and took his blades into his hands, and put them on. He also put his sword at his waist. Just in case he met with any resistance as he looked for his apprentice. He wandered downstairs, and looked around. There was Aelia, speaking to a woman that he never saw before. He quirked a brow. A new assassin? That would be great. Stepping out into the open, he saw that it was chillier than he imagined. One step, two step. There we go. His knees were still clicking together from a whole ago and he felt... Drained of energy. Yet, Aelia was so warm as he curled up around her... Pulling at his shirt, he looked around. Where was Lucia? He heard yells and trotted to see some Templars looking for something. What was the matter? He ducked around a corner and watched them search. They seemed to be looking for an escapee. His eyes went to a wagon full of hay that was certainly placed by the house he was was hiding around's owner. But... Something seemed off about it... He put his hand inside the hay and immediately felt something warm in there. What? "Hey!" he hissed, prodding the thing, or person. "Get up! Come on!"

[sure, I'll start, I guess.]

When she woke up, it was morning.

Ambra certainly was tired, and she rolled onto her back. She was wet as well, which confused her. She hadn't been in water. But even the ground around them was wet, and so was her cloak. It had rained last night and they slept right under it. She sniffed and rolled against the form next to her, which was sopping as well. At least he was warm. She unfurled her fingers from her fist and prodded Scipio with a shivering and wet finger. "Master," her voice was hoarse and her throat hurt. Ah, she would shake it off. As long as she didn't allow herself to get sick. Which meant that she was going around and walking after a warm bath. They hadn't used the washing basin in the back room in a while. She would heat up some water and soak in it for a bit, and then just wander around. "Master," she called again, leaning over him to find his face. She placed a kiss on his lips, short but firm, and rested her head on his shoulder. "We have to get up... It rained last night and I'm freezing."

Scipio felt something on his lips. Who...? Oh. Just Ambra. Groaning he sat up, ruffling his hair. Picking up his cloak, he slipped it on, standing at that point. It just made him colder, but it was better than nothing. Putting on his boots and other, wet clothing, he sighed. "Come on, Ambra. Wouldn't want to be gone too long, now would we?" The man grinned, pulling on his sole hidden blade. After equipping all of his weapons, Scipio pulled his shirt close to his body, hoping to have it warm him. It did the opposite, but it was worth a try. Extending his Hidden Blade, Scipio started along, scoring the trees on his way in case Ambra took a long time. Seeing the city before him, the man sped up his pace until he felt the cobblestone streets under his feet and heard the clank of it against his shoes. Pulling his hod down over his face, Scipio made his way towards the HQ. He would beat Ambra to the water basin room.

Edited by Mousia

Ambra stretched and yawned again when Scipio sat up and dressed. She shivered, her teeth chattering in the morning breeze. Ugh, this was horrible. Never again would she do this. Maybe they could go and sneak into a house when no one was there and do it there. Surely they couldn't get caught. Her red hair was poking all over the place due to the rain that had fallen. She was siting up before she noticed that Scipio was gone already. Her eyes immediately found the scores already. Ah, so he had left her already? Men. She rolled her eyes and got to her feet and followed the scores on the trees. She smiled as she reached the cobblestone street of Rome. The woman smiled at the soft pale sun floating in the sky, warming her up a bit. But she saw that Scipio was walking quickly toward the HQ. Oh no. She knew what he wanted. She raced up to him, purposely shoving past him playfully, and raced quicker and quicker. She would get to the HQ before Scipio did. She wanted a warm bath and that was what she was getting. Yet, her muscles ached and screamed for her to stop. They wanted to rest. She didn't. She could rest in the water basin. She shoved by some people, grazing a sore part of her body, and she grunted in pain. Was Scipio testing her so soon? She couldn't believe it.

((Sorry if I have short posts. I'm sick and I have a headache so creativity is limited.))

"I am." Kristi said seeing Aelia make contact with her. She bowed slightly her sandy blonde hair, exactly like her brother's, fell in her face as she stood again. She brushed it back and stepped out of the shadows. "My name is Kristine Lucceius." She said bowing again slightly. She was unaware that the name given to her was only through adoption and she was truly named 'Kristine Arnoldus' she stood there in her casual clothes (the ones from her appearance picture) not yet having a chance to change. "I came here in search of my brother from France. I'm hoping I'll find him here in my home city. I don't have any leads, just slight memories from when I was a little girl." She said a little nervous. She looked at Aelia, noticing the condition of her clothes but thinking nothing of it. "Please, if there is anything I can do to assist let me know."

---

Aero looked back at Joan as he walked. "You can relax Joan. My eyes are keen, they will pick anything out if it is worth being seen." He said, not with an air of cockiness but truth. His eyes had been used numerous times throughout his history in the guild to find things that most other assassins would find difficult, it was almost a bloodline trait. Even though that his father wasn't in the guild, and the last person in his family that was part of the guild lived during the rise of Rome in 756 B.C., or 0 A.U.C. He walked further and turned around. "It will be a days walk. I'm sorry for not telling you sooner. But I figured it would play well into your training." He said. "Plus, it's a good way to build our trust in each other and get to know one another." He smiled. He turned again and continued to walk towards a stables on the outskirts of town.

Lucia bent over, exhausted from her run over the rooftops, and was only within's arm's reach of the door. The injury had begun to bleed anew, and Lucia had that crazy look in her eye again. Lucia survived the Templars. She just had to say it over and over again. She escaped. She wasn't worse for wear, and she had a Templar to thank. Her age hadn't worked against her, like always. The events surrounding her escape were strange, but she survived and was stronger for it. Noon was a good time of day Lucia decided. So many things had happened at noon, so many good things. The girl fell into the door, nudging it open. Everything was blurring together, but she recognized the white of assassin robes. "Hey. Anyone miss me?" Lucia asked. She then promptly let herself fall into sleep.

~

"I'm not into the spiritual crap, I don't wanna bond with you. I just need to move up in the ranks enough to become a full fledged assassin." People died trying to send her on this path, and she wasn't gonna let them down now. Her mentor had passed just before she was reassigned. Death crept upon him in swift and silent wings, taking him in his sleep. They then read his memoir/journal and discovered her secrets. It was soon decreed that Joan couldn't stay there and was sent to Rome. Joan didn't mind, it meant starting new, but it also meant new stories. "But we can talk I suppose. No need to listen to silence. We're not gonna bond all that much though." Joan amended. "You ever kill a cow? They make a sad moo just before you kill them. I used to be sad about that, but I suppose you get used to it after a while. It's like the cow knows that this was coming its whole life, and just let it happen."

"Mhm. Does he look like you? Heard the name? I can probably find him for you, but I have to know some things, first. Anyways, how was France? I was there for a day or two, but it's probably changed a lot. It was many years ago." As she moved quickly, Aelia put her hood up. The door had been fixed from earlier, but the crack could still be seen. Eh. No one was a perfect carpenter. Opening the door to reveal the outside, she stepped out. "Coming? I have to refresh your memory and teach you some things about Rome. It's really different from France. For one thing, you'll need to be fluent in Italian and Latin and possibly German. English is handy, but some people don't speak it, yet. Greek is useful for decoding old books, but we'll get to that later on in the tour." The woman didn't stop to explain the blood covering her dress and skin, forgetting about it. Oh well. If she asked, she could tell a heroic story.

(I'll add Scipio in a bit. Math HW first.)

(It's fine, Danni. Get well!)

((Oh, I forgot to mention!! When looking for Roman last names I found Scipio on Yahoo answers! happy.gif))

Kristi followed trying to keep up with all Aelia said. "You're the Master here right? Are there any others?" She asked after acknowledging what Aelia had said. "And from what I remember he looks a little like me. Our hair is the same color, and our eyes." She said trying to recall everything she could about her memories from years ago. They were fading slowly, but only because she was so young it was difficult to recall anyway. This place must see a lot of action judging by all that blood. Kristi thought as she continued to follow Aelia. "Other than faint memories I have nothing. All I know is that he is in the Guild. I don't know what rank or what region." She said blushing a little, the fact that she had so little information on her brother and yet was looking for help to find him embarrassed her a little. "Oh, and if it helps any my proficiency is long range and tracking. My Eagle Sense is very keen. I guess keen eyes run in the family, though, as far back as I can think of my family hasn't been associated with the guild." Kristi said looking down and to the left.

---

"Well, bonding is not something you control. You find that over time you bond with those you least expect." Aero said continuing to walk. "And it is important that we get to know each other, to build trust. Plus as a Master Student relationship friendship and companionship can also help." He added. He looked around. No one was there. He smiled and put a saddle on one of the horses. "We'll ride together so we only have to take one horse." He said strapping the saddle on tightly. He hopped on and held out his hand to help Joan, his blond hair covering his right eye as he smiled a reassuring friendly smile. "And living among the brotherhood just to rise in rank isn't much of a way to live. So what happens when you get there? When you become an assassin. If you go through and make no friends and allies people will listen to you but only out of respect, and eventually even that can falter. But if you make strong bonds and become a true member of the brotherhood people will not only follow you and trust you, but they will guide you and protect you. They will go above and beyond your orders and seek to make your job easier. It is a great thing to be a part of. So relax, make some friends and enjoy your youth." Aero smiled.

Edited by Danniphantom

(Scipio Africanus ring a bell?)

(Sorry, Latin is fresh in my mind from two days ago.)

(Edit: Wait...as a last name? Curious...)

Aelia nodded grimly. "There are two others." Casio was fresh in her mind. Oh, why had Kristi brought it up? Well, she didn't know what happened. It was okay, she guessed. She hadn't even met Casio, yet. "The others are Casio Portabello and Aero Arnoldus. Oh, and I haven't properly introduced myself. How rude. I was too distracted. I am Aelia Cato. We've been in the Guild for generations, us Catos. I'm the second generation to be a Master Assassin. It brings great pride to us. How about you? Do the Lucceius' have great pride in France?" The woman went on and on. Various things spurting out of her mouth as she thought of them. She hadn't had time to organize her thoughts when she woke up. What was to be expected of her? The world? "So blonde hair and blue-ish grey eyes and keen senses? Sounds like Aero, to me. But, you know, Casio sort of fits. The problem is that he's obnoxious and an only child. I'll talk to Aero when he comes back with his apprentice. Meanwhile, I'll show you where to go and what to avoid. For instance, if you see a tavern with lots of Templars, it's best to steer clear. I have the funniest story to tell about that, but I can tell you another time. You can go to churches if you're religious, but Templars go there sometimes, so I would avoid them. Try to stay in the shadows and all that. The outskirts of town are usually safe, but some Templars make their rounds over that way, so be careful. The best thing is to keep your weapons handy and senses alert. If you want, I can show you a map of the rooftops in town, but you might want to figure it out alone. It's up to you."

Edited by Mousia

[speaking of Scipio, you never did reply to Ambra...]

Casio followed Lucia when she fell against the door and fell on the mat. The blood on her face that he had seen for an instant made him worried as hell. His apprentice and all of those Templars... What the hell had happened?! Seeing Aelia and Kristi interacting, he picked up Lucia from the ground and frowned down at her young form. She seemed pretty beat up. Sighing, he decided that he would yell at her when she woke up. And then make her hang from a tree upside down for a long time without passing out as punishment. He held her close and walked back to the barracks, and laid her in her bed. He pulled down her hood and snorted. Yep, she was pretty beat up. And he didn't like that. He would question her later. Pulling out a lukewarm bucket of water from under the bed, he took a cloth and wet it with the water. He then placed it on her face and wiped the dried up blood. But sadly, the wounds were bleeding again. He didn't know how to patch up all of that. He would have to wipe until the bleeding stopped. Casio sniffed as he wished the he could speak to Lucia. He would surely give her a tongue lashing. He poked his head out of the barracks, and looked at the two women. "Oi." he said curtly. "You guys saw my apprentice on the floor bleeding an you did nothing? Anyway, there are Templars around the HQ. Be careful." he returned to Lucia and tended to her wounds once more.

(See OoC for explanation of why I'm postponing Aelia.)

Scipio hurried along past people that sparsely littered the streets. As more and more people filled up the city, he saw Ambra pass by him. Grinning wildly, the man laughed and gave chase, though he cut through an alleyway and made it to the HQ, not seeing Ambra there, yet. He did see Casio dragging someone towards the barracks before he disappeared from view. Following his friend, he saw Lucia in her bed, blood all over her. "I was going to ask if you missed me, but... What happened to her? Templars? I saw a few of the crosses wandering close to here. Do you think they'll find us? I can take Ambra out after we warm up a bit. We were...training late and got rained on. Anyways, I'm going to have to take bath because I really can't help Lucia. If you need me, though, I'll be out soon." After he addressed his friend, Scipio raced towards the back of the HQ. Approaching a closed door, her opened it. It was too dark to see anyone there, though. So the man fumbled to light a candle and see if Ambra had beat him or not.

Casio looked up sharply at his friend as he entered. Where was he? He was sopping wet and was dripping water all over the place. Not to mention he looked kind of shabby. It was like had been run over by a bull. Looking back at Lucia, he thought to himself. Should he send someone out to make sure that the Templars did not find their HQ? No. That would be to risky. They would have to sit here for a bit and make sure that they would not find them. "Keep everyone inside." he said simply as Scipio went off. He returned to tending Lucia's cuts and bruises on her face.

Ambra smiled as she heard someone enter the room. Ah, he manly breathing and his heavy steps. What he didn't know was that she had taken another short cut that only she and select others knew, and he had taken the medium way around. She didn't mean to be... Well, mean, but she felt like she deserved to have the bath first. "You know, I think your joints are getting a bit... Rusty, old man." she giggled and shoved him slightly on the chest. "Come on. Get out there and warm some of that well water for me. I need a warm bath." she crossed her arms and smugly looked at him in the face, amusement and pride that she had beaten her master dancing on her soft face.

[Hope you don't mind, Mouse.]

(No problem. I kind of knew she would be faster, but I had to write from his perspective... xd.png)

Scipio light up the candle and saw Ambra waiting for him. Growling in the back of his throat, he gritted his teeth. After a moment of thought, he grinned. "You're young and need the exercise. I already have muscles, girl." She deserved the title. She had called him an old man. No one had the right to call him an old man. Casio...maybe. But Scipio was still young. Kind of. he certainly wasn't old. He might have seemed old to Ambra, but time went fast. Time always went fast. Didn't it? Didn't always seem to disappear like grains of sand between one's fingers? Didn't youth seem to fly like a dove? Didn't it seem to run by and slur like a flash of light? Like a horse? Didn't it seem to dive into the ocean and disappear into the depths? And he certainly wanted sons. He didn't have time on his side, either. The prospect saddened the man, but he took it in stride. The was nothing he could do to help it.

[Lol. Scipio wants babies. xd.png]

Ambra smirked in her master's face foolishly and shook her head. She prodded him in the chest lightly. "Now why don't you get that water for me? I'll get it for you when it's your turn." could Scipio really be the one that she would be with? Would he be the father of her extension of her family? She didn't know. Scipio was older than her, around Casio's age. If she recalled, Casio must be at the youngest twenty nine and at the oldest thirty five. And he still manuevered his way around fights like a snake or some sort of animal that was deadly in its precision. But Scipio was... Younger than Casio, was he not? Even younger than Aelia? At least she thought so. Purring, she leant against him and loved his warmth and firm body. "I don't ever want to lose you master," she whispered, softly and inaudibly, at least she thought so. She nuzzled into his clothes and breathed his sweet smell in. "Not in battle... Not in illness... Not in death..." if she was right, and God did exist, that meant that when Scipio and her passed they would meet in the afterlife. But if God existed and He said "Thou shall not kill", did that mean that they would enter another Hell of a life together, filled with agony and suffering? She didn't mind. If Scipio was around, she would either float on a cloud in happiness or wail for eternity in pain with him. She would be happy.

(It was pretty common to want sons in that era. Who wants the family to end with them? It's kind of sad. I know I don't want to end my family tree.)

Scipio grinned in the dimly lit space. Feeling her press up against him, he let out a chuckle. "I don't plan on dying so soon." It was true; he didn't. Who would want death to come? Martyrs? Perhaps... He had never understood religion. How could one believe in something that one could not see or prove existed? How could one trust something so much? How could one sit through a storm and say: 'God is just testing us'? How could one believe in something so far-fetched? "And if you don't want to loose me, why don't we just go together? There are Templars out..." Scipio hoped Ambra would catch onto his words. The Templars were out and would kill them both if they were caught. If Ambra was going to die, so was he, and the man hoped the same was true in reverse. The moment was a bittersweet one. A moment of romance and happiness mixed with one of pondering and pessimistic speculation. He wondered what the future held for them all. He wondered what awaited them after they were deep into the Earth.

Edited by Mousia

[i know. I don't want children now, but if I was in that era, I'm pretty sure it would be a duty to have children.]

Ah, so he had heard her. She snuggled closer to him when he said that he wasn't planning to die anytime soon. She wasn't going to die anytime soon either. She was still young, very young, actually. Compared to Ezio when he had retired from being an assassin. What had happened to him, anyway? She didn't know, and she didn't care at the moment. When Scipio spoke, she pulled away in horror. What? "I don't plan on dying anytime soon either, Scipio." she smiled, as if it were a joke. She wasn't going to go out there and get killed by Templars. She was still healthy and Scipio seemed healthy too. If she wasn't healthy, she wouldn't be able to get up from bed. Maybe then she would drag herself out there and allow the Templars to shoot her. She put her arms around his neck and placed a kiss on his lips. "I guess this doesn't mean that you'll go easy on me in training." she said, resting her forehead against his. She searched for those hazel eyes under his hood. "Or does it? I mean, I won't be able to spend time with you that much because I'll be working." she laughed then.

(Mhm.)

Scipio just stood, passive. He knew better than to be rough. She was like a flower, he realized. A flower with delicate petals that liked to live in stormy places. "I hope no-" His words were cut short by his lips being taken over again. Before he could react, she pulled away and spoke again. "Working on what? I wont give you any special treatment. I think you should be as well-trained as everyone else. Unless you want to be considered stupid." He grinned childishly at himself. Of course she didn't want to be considered stupid. Who would want to be? Probably a stupid person. Pulling away, he left her with the smallest kiss on the cheek. The man grabbed a wooden pole and two large buckets to fill with water. Ambra probably wouldn't be able to carry it all the way from the well, anyways. So the man left the HQ and set off into town with his buckets.

Ambra looked up at him when he said that she would be trained like anyone else. So she would still sword fight and be yelled at. Even when she had this... Thing with Scipio. Okay, she as alright with that. Scipio was a tough mentor, making her perform tasks that left her body sore and tired. She tipped her head back when he pecked her softly on the cheek. He was so warm, so very warm... Sniffing, she watched him go. Ah, she would finally have her bath. She was dirty all over and she really didn't want to have that dirt on her anymore. Who the hell thought of taking their buisness to the forest? It was uncomfortable. She readied herself for the bath, taking off her blade and her boots. Ah, that felt good. There was a stone in her right boot that had been jabbing her in the foot for the past hour. She lowered her hood and shook the stone right out of her boot. She would have to be careful with stones from now on.

[short post...]

Kristi held her breath for a moment when Aelia mentioned Aero's name. It rang in her ears like an echo she had heard so many times before. She flashed back to a short memory of her running to a taller male figure. She heard the name Aero ring out from what was her mouth. She released her breath and listened to what Aelia had to say. "Thank you, but Master; with all due respect, most of what you're telling me I already know. It's just the area I'm a little unfamiliar with since it's been so long since I've lived here in Rome." Kristi bowed, not trying to sound ungrateful for the information. "But if you have a map of the rooftops and their measured height I would be grateful. I prefer a nice Eagle's Perch when on missions and tracking people down." She said blushing a bit. She continued to follow Aelia using her Eagle Vision to better familiarize herself with the area, it was exactly what Aero did when he perfected his Eagle Vision. They were much the same, that much was obvious for whoever knew one or the other. The wind blew slightly and Kristi put her hands on her arms and shivered a bit.

Edited by Danniphantom

Lucia couldn't move when she was picked up. If she had been in a different state she would have even objected. Loudly. However, it felt like the sun had dimmed outside, and birds were silent. Was she dying? No, dying probably didn't hurt this much. She was being so melodramatic, she just needed a moment to try and rest. But she had to say something. "Mentor?" Was it Casio that had moved her inside? "I escaped. Heh, I don't get anymore drinks. Remind me next time..." Lucia smiled. "Drinking just gets us all in trouble it seems." Lucia would make it, but her breathign was raspy at best, and she needed time.

~

Joan just watched him. Last time she made friends... it didn't end well. "Yeah well, made some promises and junk." Joan took his hand and sat behind him on the horse. "Plus, I'd be surprised that they haven't told anyone here about my, 'condition'." Joan waited to see if he had noticed her turn beet red at the courtesans. If those eyes were so great, Joan wanted to see if he missed that. A courtesan walked up to the pair. "Hey handsome..." Joan quickly shooed her away. Saying something about her dress being too low cut. If this had been anywhere else, she might have gotten a nosebleed. That dress really was too low cut... did he notice? Probably not, she was sitting behind him. "So. Er... back to bonding or whatever?" Joan tried to cover.

Aero chuckled slightly seeing Joan's reaction. "I didn't notice a thing." He lied, but he didn't make much of an effort to sound like the truth. He was trying to reassure Joan that he didn't have a loose tongue. He snapped the reins and kicked the horse's side and pulled to the right and got the horse back onto a path that led into a thick wooded land. "I am unfamiliar with the area, so be a little cautious. Don't worry about Templars out here, but thieves and at least for a couple miles from the port; pirates. He said as they trotted along. The horse was white, completely white with a yellow mane. The horse followed Aero's lead, a well trained horse. Shame it had to be stolen. Aero shrugged this feeling off and focused on the road ahead. The sun was setting, so by the time they got to the ruins it would probably be setting again. He continued along, getting a little tired but he ignored it. He had to go on for at least a couple hours so they weren't followed. He placed his sword into a loop on the saddle so it was ready to be drawn if he needed it. The wind blew through his hair as cool air descended upon the forest, causing a light spread of fog to emerge from the forest. It was a little eerie, but it was a feeling that Aero was trained to ignore.

Edited by Danniphantom

Joan wasn't sure what to make of Aero. "Nice sunset." Joan attempted at conversation. "So... pirates? Why would they be all the way out here? Seems like a long way to go for pirate booty." Joan asked. It did, this place wasn't exactly clean. Nor was it exactly the ideal place to be. "So... what now? Just trot along on this stolen horse until a giant symbol comes from the ground and says 'relic here'?" Joan tried not to hold onto Aero. This man was handsome, no doubt, but repeating that little instance again so early wouldn't be good. Joan wondered what was going on back home, if anything exciting was happening. Probably a party now that they were rid of the 'sinner'.

The soft voice of the woman made him look at her face from his work. Unlike normal Casio, this one was serious and stern and angry. Worried, even, if you could say. No amusement glimmered in his eyes as he stared her down. Portabello was not amused, not amused at all! "Now hush. I feel no sympathy or amusement." he hissed, his eyes flashing from his frowning face. "You be quiet!" he snapped again, knowing that she was about to say something. He was surprised at Lucia, surprised at what she had done. She had made all of those Templars on high alert and around the area of the HQ. Casio scowled as he patched the rest of her body up. "You will not leave this building for the next month without me escorting you where ever you go. And I will be watching you." he said.

"Sounds fair. I-" Lucia halted for a moment. "I'm sorry mentor. I thought for some reason I was stronger than I actually was." Lucia told herself not to cry over and over. "I-I guess its too late to say sorry." Tears were beginning in her eyes. Why did she think she could be mysterious and cool and detached? She was nothing more than weak, stupid and rash. "I just wanted to make sure Scipio didn't do anything he regretted. I suppose that I was the one who did something rash. I didn't say anything though, Mentor." She would always be so far behind, always so weak. She couldn't even bear to lift a sword to fight. She was always the stupid girl who rushed in, too secure about her nonexistent strength. Always too eager to strike first, think later. She tried to change. It didn't work. Lucia closed her eyes and tried to hide the tears.

Tears started in Lucia's eyes, and Casio's breath hitched in his throat. He didn't mean to make her cry, not now. Did she say that she didn't say anything-?! Did they catch her? He was pretty sure that his face flushed in pure anger. He remembered once, just once, when he was caught and placed in a dark room with no sunlight for a week. He was not fed nor watered, and he was practically dying right there. So what he did was meditate; now, some people might find the man meditating funny, because Casio was not one to meditate. But due to the pains in his stomach and head, he decided that he should cleanse his mind. And instead of giving up in the next two days, he didn't think of his pains nor his time in the cell. He thought of... Nothing. "... You may say sorry," he started at first, his face softening slightly and he stroked her face softly. "But you must prove yourself sorry."