The Native American Lineage

The Native American Lineage

Hi Guys

Have one to offer, not very organised after a very busy few weeks in the real world lol

Holly Clan:

3rd gen PB Vine (all Holly clan named)- Claim my Holly!

biggrin.gif

Got it!!! Thought it would look nice in my little "Green" Holly line smile.gif

Hahahaha, I guess everyone sees how organized I've been lately. I think I'm just going to breed every weekend for the lineage, LOL. biggrin.gif

Greetings! While fishing in the AP today I caught this egg, and thought it might be an accidental abandon by someone in this group? The names seem to fit this lineage. I'd like to return it to the person, if they want it back, or I'll be abandoning it again (I find this sort of thing disrespectful, and don't want any part in it). So do let me know asap smile.gif I'm heading out for a bit, but I'll be back in a few hours and check my PMs and any reply posts.

Greetings! While fishing in the AP today I caught this egg, and thought it might be an accidental abandon by someone in this group?

That be one of mine - wrong breed for my project. It was gifted to someone who asked for one from that line but guess they didnt want it in the end sad.gif LOL

Edited by Saori_Nightstar

That be one of mine - wrong breed for my project. It was gifted to someone who asked for one from that line but guess they didnt want it in the end sad.gif LOL

That stinks :/ I'm sorry about that!

Thanks for letting me know smile.gif I'm sure someone will catch it, and love it biggrin.gif

Not much to report on my NA Lines.

Mostly 'no eggs' or wrong breeds, so things are slow in the breeding department dry.gif

hoping to finish my holly clan and red paint clan lines off in the next 2 weeks smile.gif - almost there! YAY

All righty then!

Since it's been announced we're waiting for the next new releases til May 22nd, I'm going to breed my NA lines today. wink.gif Anyone want to join me?

Now offering the above eggs elsewhere. I will let you know when they are adopted. smile.gif

O.O,

Should have checked this thread, was so busy breeding as soon as

I saw there was no release. Sorry to miss the Potlatch.

I hope I did this correctly.... I've been following this lineage a bit and wanted to go ahead and get started! If I made a mistake, please just let me know what to fix! <3 I'm wanting to join with my own tribe if I may?

Cheyenne

- Maheo Clan -

Allowed Breeds – Crimson, White, Daydream, Soulpeace

Name Must Include: Maheo

Starting Pairs: Maheo Cloud Dancing X Snowbird Maheo

Offspring Proof

- Nonoma Clan -

Allowed Breeds - Thunder (trio), Gray, Electric, Black

Name Must Include: Nonoma

Starting Pairs: Nonoma Storm Calling X Whisperwind Nonoma

Offspring Proof

I think that's it... I'll have goals for each clan, after a bit. smile.gif

Edited by Snowqueen

Welcome to the NA Lineage, Chief Snowqueen of Cheyenne Tribe! biggrin.gif Glad to have you with us, and we are looking forward to many more Potlatch breedings with you!

Hm, but then I don't know what they mean and have to google again. (I did, but I mostly found advertisements and sport clubs related to the names I tried.)

And I know there are some strange names meaning something like: "she has large breasts" - this wouldn't be a nice name for a male, right? (This wouldn't be a nice name at all.)

Moreover, I don't want name my dragons after all the dragons of someone else. The names are taken anyway and isn't it a nice thing to have individual names for each of your dragons?

But ok, this might be to much effort for a lineage I haven't started yet. Maybe better to choose something else. (When I first read 'any Lenape words' for naming, I thought "nice, that's easy". But it turned out to be the most complicated naming scheme I've met so far.)

Sorry for the late reply, and for the confusion... Most of the Lenape names I've used are place-names, and Lenape words (sometimes adjusted for gender, as best I could suss them out).

Here are links to sites I've used for naming my Lenape dragons:

http://www.talk-lenape.org/index.php

http://www.gilwell.com/lenape/

http://www.woodlandindians.org/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4269

(caveat: forum contains some heated discussions about NA politics)

http://www.delawareindians.com/

My starting pairs should be listed in a post on page 1 of this topic, unless the first few posts have been completely revised. I will revise my list of starting pairs to include their breeds, but also see the note in blue below...

The breeds included in each clan are also listed (Sun = Sunrise/Sunset; began before the other "sun" dragons were introduced). Some of the included breeds are found in any biome; but the main habitats for the clans are:

Unalachtigo - Coast

Minsi/Munsee - Alpine (mountain)

Unami - Forest

... since those are typical of terrain types where the Lenape originally lived.

NOTA BENE: Participants may assign their own CB starter pairs in this Tribe, as long as the breeds are on the list in the second post (the roster of tribes & clans). Pairs may be mixed or same-breed.

Questions welcome; post in the thread or hit me up via PM. I will try to respond promptly, but the past few months have been a major attack of 'real life' and rather challenging... I have been home about 2.5 weeks in the past 2 months dry.gif

Lenape Egg Available!

Sabbeleechen was lost on my scroll rolleyes.gif and she and Munham couldn't wait for a potlatch when they found each other, and have produced a lovely 3G EG geode hatchie:

Claim it here!

Or, after the birthday scramble is finished, request a sibling... wink.gif

Edited by evilcostumelady

Hi everyone! In the chaos of the new releases, at the beginning of the month, and the shifting of new release to the end of the month this month, and so forth and so on... I think I missed an impromptu potlatch along the way, I was wondering what date the next potlatch will be so that I can try to prepare starters in advance!

Thanks!

Hey Guys

Just to let you know I have added Seragamma Wyvern's and Blacktip's to the Bird Clan Breeds and Blacktip's also to the Wind Clan. smile.gif

Hope you all enjoyed the event - some gorgeous new breeds for us to play with biggrin.gif

Happy Hunting x

Greetings, All Tribes and People! smile.gif

Just wanted to check in and say that the next Potlatch will be Sunday June 23rd all day. Generally, it will be the middle of each month, but I thought it would be best to avoid Father's Day. smile.gif

Still collecting the new breeds here but I see Saori has already added some of the new breeds. smile.gif Anyone else?

I am working on a Medicine Wheel breeding idea and will announce more as it happens.

Have fun, everyone, and see you on the 23rd! smile.gif

Hey guys so sorry I have been missing, I haven't had internet for a while, hopefully I will have some eggs available for next potluck.

I would like to add some new releases to the Blue Holly Clan. However,

since my family is still not able to catch them, I am not going to subject

anyone to the pressure of trying to get impossible dragons for the

lineages.

See you at Potlatch...

Just dropping in again to show off my NA Breeding:

Wind clan 2 breed spiral for the 'Hurricane Goal'

My Bird Clan Spiral is coming along nicely - aiming for 10th gen! Another WIP Bird Clan Lineage with a 'Bird of Pray' naming theme smile.gif Love this breed so much:)

And my Red Paint is nearing completion smile.gif

Added a 'completed' section to the members section if anyone feels like sharing their completed goal lineages biggrin.gif

Hi, on holiday for the next 3 weeks with spotty internet... Will be skipping Potlatch this month... Have fun!

Edited by Ldyfsh

When will the next potlatch be, and can I fulfill any breeding requests in the meanwhile? :]