cattygal210

~Superheroes vs Villains~

((Well, Barney is pissed off at Mystique, so we could do something with that. Brine could get her memories back somehow, that would be fun for Logan to deal with.))

(Yes. She could remember what she used to be and how they've hid it all from her)

(Something needs to trigger her memories though. She lost them because when everyone was fading and had to switch universes, they forgot about her and she basically got rewritten. She could visit the other universe for some reason or other and it would force the old memories right back to her)

((Alrighty. We need a reason for them going through, though. Or she could be curious and he could not think about what could happen?))

Edited by Chicogal

((Right. Maybe Ivy says she needs something and brine wants to surprise her by going to get it, and Wolvy doesn't stop her in time?))

Ivy huffed as she left the madness in the main rooms, standing in Tony's labs with her hands on her hips. "I think if I just went to the other universe, Batman could help. At the very least we could get away from this nonsense.. But I dont trust everyone not to kill each other," she muttered to her 'sister'. Brine grinned at her, replying, "Well the you stay and babysit, I'll go get Batty. His about that?"

Wolverine was just chilling by the lab door, keeping an eye out for any trouble. Most of the others had gone off to sort out this strange situation. He scratched at his beard idly, missing the part about Batman. It didn't sound all that important anyway...

The two women shared a hug; Ivy didn't seem to realize what would happen if this were to go on. "Don't let him scare you," she called as Brine laughed, heading through the portal. And then everything seemed to stop for her. It was like getting hit by a train, or her brain was bursting. She fell to her knees clutching her head as memories filled her- cartwheeling around a lab, blasting various people with scalding water, getting bodily carried by wolverine in handcuffs.. They were all horrible, and she remnered them. Remembered Ivy behind her with unnatural blue eyes, her own hands wrapped the Tesseract's staff and a smile full of malice on her face.

Wolverine turned around to see who was heading toward the portal. But it was too late for him to do anything. "Brine!" he cried out, rushing forward. "She's going to remember everything!" He shouted over his shoulder as he leaped through to the other side, saw her on the floor. His heart wrenched, his brain went blank for the first time in years. "Brine..." he murmured, anguish tightening his throat as he stepped forward.

"Don't touch me." Her voice was cold but it shook slightly, as did her body. How could all of it be true? How could they have lied to her? Brine thought back to her 'first' meeting with Logan, where they'd told her she was a hero. They'd been so kind.. And they'd been lying. Now she finally understood all the suspicion those few weeks after, the dark looks from everyone. "Were you ever going to tell me?" She hissed, climbing to her feet without facing him.

Wolverine halted at her cold tone. This was bad. Really, really bad. This wasn't going to be something he could fix. "Don't you understand?" he asked, jaw clenched in a manner that made his words even more strained. "How could I tell you all of that? That you were a villain? We wanted to give you a fresh start." He knew what was probably coming soon, and he tensed, quite ready to absorb any blows.

Brine whipped around to face him, her cheeks wet and intense rage in her eyes. "And you never thought this would happen? That by some stroke of fate I would remember everything?" She demanded, hands balled into fists at her sides. "Everything I know about myself is a lie. If you'd just told me from the beginning, this wouldn't have happened!"

Wolverine's hands came up, palms toward her, expressing just how he was feeling. "We were sure that your amnesia would be permanent! Please, Brine. It was for your own good." He regretted the words as soon as he spoke them. "Brine, the person you are today is who you truly are. Who you would have been if you hadn't been pushed to villainy. I of all people know what it feels like to lose all your memories," he growled. "And then remember them again. You feel like censorkip.gif, because you finally discover how you got where you are today. Maybe you feel embarrassed, shocked, saddened, pleased. But your life now, in your case, is so much better than what you were before."

Brine might've calmed down, if he had expressed his feelings differently. "For my own good?!" She shrieked angrily, absolutely furious. "I'm sorry, I didn't realize I was your personal play thing. Then again, I forgot, I'm just a lab experiment. My whole life is just someone else's play thing," she spat, angry tears running down her cheeks. Maybe her life was better now, but only because she'd been manipulated! She wrapped her arms around herself, feeling like she might fall apart. She had done horrible, horrible things.

Wolverine was starting to deflate, eyes becoming softer again. "Brine, you have never been a plaything to me, or anyone who has loved you," he said, voice becoming more sensitive. "Please. We did what we thought would be best at the time...." His heart was breaking at the sight of her. He moved an arm forward, fingers gently brushing against her shoulder.

Brine wiped fruitlessly at her eyes, sniffing as he touched her shoulder. How could she believe that anything he said was true? She allowed the touch, merely because she felt she needed some sort of affection, even if it was from him. "I don't know what to believe anymore," she whispered, lowering her head. Over all, she felt an immense amount of hurt. She loved him and he betrayed her.

Wolverine took her acceptance as a gateway to more. He drew her into a bear hug, frowning deeply and tilting his head toward her ear. "Believe that I love you, even if you think it doesn't look like I do. You're precious to me. Moreso than anyone," he rumbled.

Brine wept bitterly and pressed her face into his shoulder. She didn't want to believe him, but she did. Despite their constant antics in the bedroom, is was more than just physical affection that kept them around each other. She was sure of this. "Just get me out of here," she croaked. She wasn't any less mad at him, but she wanted to be in their room alone, and she certainly didn't want to face any of them right now.

Wolverine held her tight, for once not thinking of anything but her feelings with her body so close to his. "Whatever your heart desires." He glanced up at the room. It was a stroke of luck that they so happened to be alone. Things might have been made worse if someone else had been around. Besides, Batsy rubbed him the wrong way. "Do you want to be carried?" he rumbled in her ear.

Brine shook her head. She may be upset but she was not a sniveling weakling. She wiped her eyes and began walking back to the portal, arms still wrapped around herself as though holding herself together. Sure, wolverine still seemed to care, but what he'd done felt so wrong. What all of them had done. She wouldn't even look at Ivy, or anyone, her head bowed in defeat as they trudged back to their room.

((Sorry for dropping out like that! I keep losing interest randomly...what did I miss?))

(We got bored so we had Brine go back to the DC universe and she remembers everything now)