cattygal210

~Superheroes vs Villains~

((Speaking of DC...what do you feel like having the team run into The Council of Owls? *evil laugh*.))

((In the comics they came after the Batfamily with a vengeance, attempting to recruit Dick and then attempting to kill him after rejection. Let's say the whole team runs into problems when they take a vacation at Wayne Manor or something.))

((Oh! I forgot about them! This can be their bonding moment, then. Trouble gets them to stop bickering and all that heartfelt gushiness.

In another case, they could've just built another portal home.))

((Keeping the doubles? I don't like them... Of course, if someone wants to take over my doubles, that's fine with me.))

Wolverine followed her through to a nod. Although she was holding herself together, he could see that she was shattered. He paused for a moment and looked to Ivy. "Her memory," he barely whispered, brown eyes devoid of their usual slightly aggressive spark.

(We can say they went back)

Ivy's eyes were wide as she looked at Brine, then Logan. "Is she okay?" She whispered worriedly, throat closing up. Why had she sent her in? It was all her fault. Brine wasn't even looking at them, was walking out of the lab and to the room. She just wanted to curl up in her room and never come out.

((Shall we?))

Through the portal into the Avengers Mansion Dick went. He pushed his long hair out of his eyes with a hand and glanced about. "So you guys are finally back? I showed up to see how you guys were doing and the entire place was empty." He called into the lobby. Talking to JAVIS had been rather boring after a while. Gotham crimes had been boring, and there had been nobody to hang out with other than Jason, and Jason...just...no. Little brothers weren't any fun either.

Tony was wandering the halls aimlessly, trying to work himself out of his own mind. Every time he blinked he was reminded of kissing Rain- which was a haunting thought. And he couldn't drink it away, so he was reduced to wandering, trying to think of anything but what had happened. He nearly crashed into Dick, though it was because he wasn't paying attention, not the teenager. "Huh? Oh, hey kid," he muttered, raking a hand through his hair. "We got caught up in some alternate reality censorkip.gif."

Dick smiled at Tony. Finally, they were back! "Oh, good to see everyone's back. It seems like you guys have a lot more problems with alternate realities than us." He greeted. Being the son of the world's greatest detective, he could tell Tony was disturbed about something. It gave him a good idea. "Hey! Why don't you guys take a vacation over at Wayne Manor! You know, away from all the alternate realities and back to the good-old butt-kicking!."

Tony blinked a few times, arching his brows. "Two billionaires in the same house? What could go wrong?" He muttered, though the idea had him thinking. Maybe they should. It would be nice to get away, and the Fantastic Four could handle things while they were gone. "Your old man would be okay with this?" He asked.

"I dunno, if worse comes the worse you can throw money at each other." Dick answered with a shrug. That thought was rather amusing. Just think of all the things that could happen! "Yeah, Bruce likes having visitors. Just be out of costume, that's the only requirement."

Tony shrugged, deciding he had nothing better to do. "Sure, why not. Mind broadcasting that offer?" He asked, opening up a panel in the wall and gesturing to the intercom system. He just knew he was richer than Bruce, had to be.

Dick studied the intercom system with interest. Tony sure liked his technology. The teen figured out how to use the system in less than a few seconds, and was soon brodcasting across the entire mansion. "Hey, this is Dick Grayson. I'm here to extend the invitation of a vacation to you guys over at Wayne Manor. Dress casually, but bring your suits. I wanna show you guys the Justice League at some point. Meet us at the portal. Grayson, out." As soon as he released his finger from the button did he stop and tweak with the panel. It was a habit of his.

Wolverine looked at Ivy, jaw tightening. Then he shook his head. "I don't think she'll ever be back to how she was again," he muttered. He wanted to blame Ivy for it, but it would be irrational. They hadn't known that this could happen. He mutely turned and trotted away after his Brine, ignoring the new arrival through the portal.

~~~

Rain had taken a seat on the couch, arms wrapped around her knees and chin resting on them. She was dwelling on what had happened in that strange medieval time. Constantly she was reminded of the touch of his lips, her appreciation for his physique, the want for more than kissing... She inwardly shuddered. Not because Tony was gross, but because she being involved and thinking like that was gross.

Glancing up at the sound of Dick's voice, she pondered for a moment before deciding to go along. She needed to get away from here, where everything reminded her of him. Even though Tony would most likely be with them, at least she would have other things on her mind. Rain rose with her suit-case in hand - she had only just taken it off. Walking to the laboratory and portal, she hesitated in the doorway, before clearing her throat and going over to the two. "Hey," she greeted them, holding the suitcase in front of her awkwardly. Her eye contact with Tony only lasted for a moment before embarrassment overwhelmed her and she turned her attention to Dick. "How are you?"

At a familiar voice, Dick turned away from the panel to smile at Rain. It was good to see some of his friends again. "Hey Rain! I'm doing just fine! It's so great to see you guys back." He answered cheerily. It was noted that Rain too held some sort of...haunted feeling with her. Was the entire house like this?

Dick's question was soon answered by Clint crashing into the room with a backpack slung over one shoulder. He wore a wide grin and seemed eager for a vacation. "Alright! VACATION!" He screeched this at the top of his lungs, and hefted the other strap of the backpack through his arm. "Woo! I'm pumped for this! No more psychotic women or alternate versions of ourselves!"

Tony stuck his hands in his pockets for lack of anything better to do, nodding. Justice League? Not as cool a name as the Avengers. At Rain's appearance he jumped slightly, catching her gaze before looking away. His own eyes burned with shame. Why hadn't he remembered her? Why had he been so stupid, been his old playboy self and tried to woo her? He felt like he had destroyed something and it brought the taste of bile to his tongue. Normally he would've run for a bottle of alcohol, but the entire house was clean. Good thing they were going to Wayne Manor. "I'm.. Gonna go talk to Brucie," he muttered, walking past them to the portal room. Bruce had to have booze somewhere.

Ivy bit her lip, ignoring everything else that was happening around them. It was all her fault and she knew it. They didn't realize what going back through would do to brine, but she had still sent her across. Wiping her eyes, she nodded to Logan. Brine needed consoling, not her.

Brine was curled on the edge of their bed, knees hugged to her chest. She didn't want to vacation. She just wanted to lay there and stop thinking for a long time.

Wolverine simply took a seat beside Brine, looking ahead before turning to her. He was content to do anything if it meant that she could forgive him or get over this, if only in a small way. Putting a burly arm around her, he simply held her. Just like that.

"You too," Rain answered truthfully. There was something about him that she just needed sometimes. Perhaps it was his sense of fun. Then, quite suddenly, there were loud crashes and yells, and she jumped. There was a rather heavy suitcase in her hands, and she managed to swing off balance and land on the floor. "Do you really have to be so loud?" she griped, frowning angrily at Clint. Naturally, she wasn't in the best of moods after what had happened with Tony. She should have been wiser - pushed away the stranger, or listened to her instincts.

Edited by Chicogal

Clint put his hands on his hips and stuck his bottom lip out. "Do ya have t' be so dreary, kiddo? C'mon, lighten up a little! S' a chance t' have a good time!" He replied. Instead of running through, he waited patiently for his girlfriend to catch up. Natasha was never as wild as he, so she wasn't in a big hurry to pack and get ready. "Yer still young, go have fun! Cause when I was yer age, I didn't get a chance t' have a good time. Most nobody did 'round here."

Rain sighed heavily, then heaved herself up. She looked at him for a second, lips floating open as if she was going to say something. Maybe say just why she didn't feel like going and having fun. But then she shut them, gave her head a shake. He most certainly was not the person to speak to about that. "I... Okay," she said lamely. It was a bit of a lie, really. She wasn't planning on doing anything. But getting her mind off things would be better than just mulching about.

((Is Dick still in the lab?))

Brine didn't really move closer to or away from Logan, which was an achievement on his part. She still felt raw and numb, like a gaping wound that nothing could heal. She was a villain, a bad guy, hated by everyone until she forgot who she really was. And was she that person anymore? Could she go back to being good, or should she return to her original ways? She was so confused.

Natasha soon enough came through the door in a much calmer frame of mind than Clint, a duffle bag over one shoulder. She was interested to see Gotham, considering it seemed to be in an older more gothic (ha ha) time and design style than what they were used to. "Causing trouble?" She asked, though her eyes gleamed with amusement. She was never really angry with her husband's antics.