ScarMay

Book you're currently reading?

I'm reading Marcovaldo by Italo Calvino for my course of Italian letterature. Then I'll have another Italian novel for that course, followed by some antique literature (we're talking about Homer, Virgil, Ovid etc.) for another course. Perhaps I can pick something to read myself on the Christmas break? I do find these books interesting, though.

I'm currently rereading Brandon Sanderson's The Final Empire and, because I felt like it, started a reread of the Temeraire series by Naomi Novik. I am now in book 7 after three weeks 😁

I'm reading the Penderghast series by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child. Great books, I'm on Cold Vengeance right now.

Something called "non-baby boom" from one of my native author.

It's about why some ppl might not get children at all these days, really interesting.

I just finished Good Omens the other day. It was more enjoyable than I thought it would be. But I am re-reading through Doctor Sleep. 

I’m currently reading colours of all the cattle by Alexander McCall-Smith it’s book 19 in the No 1 ladies detective agency it’s one of my favourite book series :) 

I'm reading The Orc King by R.A.Salvatore. I'm trying to get all caught up in the Drizzt story line and I think I still have about 10 books to go. (Also notice the similarities between Drizzt and Drizzm? Yeah, I'm not great at making up names)

On 11/20/2019 at 5:04 PM, Bloommist said:

I’m currently reading colours of all the cattle by Alexander McCall-Smith it’s book 19 in the No 1 ladies detective agency it’s one of my favourite book series :) 

Ooh. That's one I have not yet read! Great series.

I'm reading Russian Winter by Daphne Kalotay, interspersed with sections of Rachel Maddow's Blowout.

It is a great series i'm in book 20 now, I hope you enjoy your book, I've not heard of either of them sadly but I hope you are enjoying them :) nothing better than a good book you can loose yourself in 

Done with Academ's Fury, and now reading Cursor's Fury.

Rereading The Hobbit for a reading challenge on Facebook. Also reading Lisa Cron's Story Genius: How To Use Brain Science To go Beyond Outlining And Write A Riveting Novel*

*Before You Waste Three Years Writing 327 Pages That Go Nowhere

Forgot to update this.

Finished Cursor's Fury, now onto Captain's Fury!  I have been enjoying this series.

The Old Curiosity Shop by Charles Dickens. I am only up to chapter two at the moment, but may it be said that reading older works does wonders for inspiration!

I am currently reading It by Stephen King, have about 150 pages left and started it back in january X.x

Finally got around to starting The Prince by Niccolo Machiavelli.

It's one of those classics I've always wanted to read. :)

Gulliver's Travels by Jonathan Swift. That's for my literature courses, again. After this book I'm going to read Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens, Camille by Alexandre Dumas the younger and either a collection of short stories by Jorge Luis Borges or Italo Calvino's If on a Winter's Night a Traveler. I may go for those short stories for now since I think I'd prefer the Calvino in Italian (these all are Finnish translations). I have to say... studying literature isn't the easiest thing now that all the libraries have been closed. Luckily my mother works in one so she could smuggle some books to me. :D Although it was a bit of a struggle to find ones that the teacher would approve because apparently, many of the classics had been hoarded by desperate reading addicts.

Edited by Varislapsi

Grave Peril by Jim Butcher. 

Third book in the Dresden Files.