ScarMay

Book you're currently reading?

Still reading my previous book, but also just devoured The Adamantine Palace by Stephen Deas and started the next book in the series, The King of the Crags. Good, fast reads in the style of Game of Thrones.

I'm currently reading "Colossus" by Niall Ferguson. I liked "Empire", but had kind of a slow start with this one... let's see if we can warm up to each other.

I finished I'll Be Gone in the Dark and The Stranger Beside Me and decided that was enough true crime for a while. The former is probably the scariest book I've ever read. It was so uncomfortable to read and made me double check the locks on my windows and doors for a while. I couldn't believe that they caught the guy just after I finished the book! It's probably not nearly as creepy to read now, knowing for sure that he's behind bars.

After those I read Meg: A Novel of Deep Terror (the one the new movie The Meg is based on). It was... super pulpy and ridiculous. There are at least five books in the series and I've heard they get crazier and crazier, but I'm not sure I'm going to continue with them.

Now I'm back to Stephen King with Four Past Midnight. I've finished the first story, The Langoliers, and I'm on the second one, Secret Window, Secret Garden, which was also made into a movie.

Finished The King of the Crags last night and started the last book in the series, The Order of the Scales. I can't wait to see how it ends.

i have starting to read the magic of  V.E. Schwab.

is a curious story, i have read  3 chapter for the moment .

i have recently finsh the first book of midnight sea saga of kat ross. Good story for me!

I recently finished Robin Talley's Lies We Tell Ourselves, which I really enjoyed. It was an interesting look at an era I don't actually know that much about. I felt the author did a really good job of writing a thought-provoking story while still maintaining a compelling plot.

Right now I'm reading Amos Daragon serie by Brian Perro (one of out good author over here in Quebec, they are french books but there's an english translation I think)

Magebound, a fantasy gay romance by Katica Locke. It's amazing so far. 

Just finished "City of Miracles" by Robert J. Bennet and it was even better than the first two books in the trilogy. I highly recommend it. Now to answer the question what to read next... so many possibilities :rolleyes:

Also I still haven't gotten over the book hangover caused by The Broken Earth trilogy.

Well, had a fake-out with that trilogy, it turns out it's a seven-book series. As I track the rest of them down (the last book was good enough that I want to see what happens), I finished In the Company of Others (highly recommend Julie E. Czerneda, she's an excellent writer) and started Bad Blood, by John Carreyrou. It's about the failed startup Theranos, can't wait to read it.

Reading (listening this time) to Rose Madder. Next to IT, it is probably my favorite Stephen King book.

I finished Four Past Midnight and just moved on to The Tommyknockers. I've been working through the Stephen King novels I already have, but I think when I finish all the ones I own, I'll start trying to read them in publication order, including the Bachman books.

I've also been working through all of the Sherlock Holmes novels and stories on audiobook, wonderfully narrated by Stephen Fry.

Finished Bad Blood and have moved on to The Ginger Man by J.P. Dunleavy. Can't wait to finish this one, it's horrible.

I was in the middle of rereading a Doctor Who novel called "Beautiful Chaos". I like it enough, but I never feel like I can make time to read anymore these days, so it's been half-read for months.

Hah, finally finished The Ginger Man, blech. I've started The Last Stand of the Dragon by N.J. Hanson.

Finished The Last Stand of the Dragon and will continue Time of the Twins, by Margaret Weiss and Tracy Hickman. I'm 4 pages in already, so it's more of a start than a continuance. :) 

I'm currently reading "The Name of the Wind. The Kingkiller Chronicle: Day One" by Patrick Rothfuss, that a friend lent me. It's apparently pretty popular though I hadn't heard about it (keep in mind I'm not from the USA), and I'm loving it! I started a week ago and I'm nearly done with it, I've been carrying it with me everywhere. I will definitely check the second and try to find some books similar in ambiance to this one!

On 10/4/2018 at 12:06 PM, relaks said:

I'm currently reading "The Name of the Wind. The Kingkiller Chronicle: Day One" by Patrick Rothfuss, that a friend lent me. It's apparently pretty popular though I hadn't heard about it (keep in mind I'm not from the USA), and I'm loving it! I started a week ago and I'm nearly done with it, I've been carrying it with me everywhere. I will definitely check the second and try to find some books similar in ambiance to this one!

I've tried reading it twice and while I enjoy the world building and that it's told as a story within the book, I just didn't like the protagonist's childhood tales enough to keep reading. It's such a popular series that I feel odd for not enjoying it, but oh well. I'm glad that you're enjoying it. :)

I'm reading The Bear and The Serpent by Adrian Tchaikovski. It's part of a series about a world where people live in tribes and can transform into their totem animals. The main character is a girl born into the wolf tribe, but she is has to hide that she can also turn into a tiger.

I just finished Wolf Lake by John Verdon today. It was an interesting read for sure! I almost couldn't stop reading since I was so curious about what was going to happen next. Even though it wasn't anything paranormal, the story kept me really immersed. The story was quite disturbing too but that kind of thing interests me more than anything to be completely honest.

i have starting a 3 books

red of kerstin gier

the  japan ghost stories of yakumo koizumi

and the mystery collection storier. ( a collection stories of classic autors japanish, russian, germanish, english. Many different autors of periods 1700 and 1800)

On 10/7/2018 at 4:24 AM, Harebelle said:

I'm reading The Bear and The Serpent by Adrian Tchaikovski. It's part of a series about a world where people live in tribes and can transform into their totem animals. The main character is a girl born into the wolf tribe, but she is has to hide that she can also turn into a tiger.

I'm reading the third book of this series (The Echoes of the Fall is the series name) called the Hyena and the Hawk. It's such a beautiful story and gripped with action and intrigue! I love the worldbuilding and the story telling. His prose is simply magical. 

On 10/4/2018 at 4:06 AM, relaks said:

I refuse to touch that series, despite rave reviews from several friends, to read it, until Rothfuss announces he's working on the final book in the series. I don't need another series like Game of Thrones to leave me hanging.

I've put A Time of the Twins on hold and started Closer to Home by Mercedes Lackey.

15 hours ago, hazeh said:

I'm reading the third book of this series (The Echoes of the Fall is the series name) called the Hyena and the Hawk. It's such a beautiful story and gripped with action and intrigue! I love the worldbuilding and the story telling. His prose is simply magical. 

Glad to find another who enjoys the series. I agree. :)

Haven't started it yet, but I'm going to read "The Hate U Give" very soon, because I just got it as a present. ^_^

Edited by aqub