ScarMay

Book you're currently reading?

Reading Mistborn, by Brandon Sanderson

I've read it before and liked it, but I finally got the next book so I am refreshing my memory of the characters.

I watched the TV show and now I am reading the books. I just started the first book in the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon entitled "Outlander". She just finied writing the ninth book in the series in March and no publication date has been set.

i've only read the first book, maybe the second book. don't remember XD 

i'm currently reading Travel Light by Naomi Mitchison, and it was mentioned in another book i read - This is How You Lose the Time War.

Just finished Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon (Find it! Read it!) and gave started Family Pictures by Jane Green. So far, it's good.

Currently reading Oblivion by Jennifer L Armentrout. Just finished The Turn of the Key by Ruth Ware. Next up is probably Long May She Reign by Rhiannon Thomas.

finally reading The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue by V.E. Schwab.  it's good so far! :D 

Reading Ruin of Kings, by Jenn Lynn(iirc, I don't have it right in front of me atm)

Family Pictures by Jane Green

Pictures don't lie, but people do...

i'm reading You Love Me - it's the third book in the You series... the one that the Netfilix show is based on

my current book is in my sig.  at the current moment it's The Towering Sky by Katharine McGee.

I'm currently reading Frankenstein by Mary Shelley! I haven't gotten too far in it yet, but I'm looking forward to seeing why it's endured for over a century.

i'm currently reading  the stories of Lovercraft.

The descriptions   in these stories are wonderful

i have a LOT of Lovecraft's stories!

i'm now reading the Duke of Caladan, yet another Dune prequel....

On 11/1/2021 at 2:46 AM, trystan said:

i have a LOT of Lovecraft's stories!

i'm now reading the Duke of Caladan, yet another Dune prequel....

Hi Trystan!

I after i have finish this book, is undecided  if buy the necronomicon stories because i confess the tematique of devil and human madness it worries me a lot. Do you recommend reading it?

Edited by sakurakid

4 hours ago, sakurakid said:

Hi Trystan!

I after i have finish this book, is undecided  if buy the necronomicon stories because i confess the tematique of devil and human madness it worries me a lot. Do you recommend reading it?

HPL's Necronomicon stories? sure, go for it.  it IS fiction after all.  i'm pretty sure i've read like 98% of anything HPL wrote, so.... XD 

also, i'm now reading The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet by Becky Chambers.  it's the first book in the Wayfarer series of four books

On 9/29/2021 at 4:05 AM, Lagie said:

Ballet Shoes Noel Streatfeild

Aw, too bad this hasn't been translated into Finnish! I remember I loved the 2007 film based on it. Did you like the book? (I'm a bit late I know. 😹)

I'm reading research articles and some 15th century literature for my uni courses, mostly, but also Lahiri's Dove mi trovo (Whereabouts).

31 minutes ago, Varislapsi said:

Aw, too bad this hasn't been translated into Finnish! I remember I loved the 2007 film based on it. Did you like the book? (I'm a bit late I know. 😹)

I did! But it ends rather abruptly.

No book underway at the moment.

I am currently reading three books (cause I'm one of those people who can read three at once lol)

Dragons of Summer Flame by Margaret Weis & Tracy Hickman - re-reading the Dragonlance Saga, I've loved it since I was 11 years old!

Harry Potter & The Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling - re-reading the Harry Potter series with my husband!

The Last Wish by Andrzej Sapkowski - thought I'd check out the Witcher series after watching the Netflix show!

5 hours ago, Lagie said:

I did! But it ends rather abruptly.

I hope it will be translated some day so I can enjoy it to the full! I know it's a bit older but you never know. 😸