Saori

DC HUNGER GAMES Lineage Project

Such a fan of the Hunger Games, and after reading the rules and guides a bunch of times, making sure I have the idea right, I'm in! biggrin.gif

EDIT: It will take some time to pick my tributes, but I promise a lot of thought is going into them smile.gif

I know what you mean! I took aaaages selecting mine: I wanted the breeds to reflect the craft of each district, but to still have an overall color scheme that would look nice together and flow when I put the dragons in district order. And then I wanted to name them in a compatible fashion with the book, and... yeah.

Now I just need to get my last 3 CB dragons or so and I'll be set! But it took WAY longer for me to plan than I expected it to. biggrin.gif

I'm reading the first Hunger Games book now -- in Spanish, to try and improve my language skills. It's way above my level! I just have to go very slowly and have a dictionary close at hand. It's funny, though, I'm probably learning inaccurate names for things -- for example, I thought it was "the harvest" until I saw this thread and realized that it's "the reaping." Subtle but important difference in English connotations!

I know what you mean! I took aaaages selecting mine: I wanted the breeds to reflect the craft of each district, but to still have an overall color scheme that would look nice together and flow when I put the dragons in district order. And then I wanted to name them in a compatible fashion with the book, and... yeah.

Now I just need to get my last 3 CB dragons or so and I'll be set! But it took WAY longer for me to plan than I expected it to. biggrin.gif

I'm reading the first Hunger Games book now -- in Spanish, to try and improve my language skills. It's way above my level! I just have to go very slowly and have a dictionary close at hand. It's funny, though, I'm probably learning inaccurate names for things -- for example, I thought it was "the harvest" until I saw this thread and realized that it's "the reaping." Subtle but important difference in English connotations!

Exactly, I want my pairings to represent some sort of special trade the districts have and have the parings aat least hvae a similair color or feature smile.gif

Good work guys. I agree tho, and the effort will be amazing in the end! Nice idea biggrin.gif

finally done breeding the first gens! xd.png

Well here are my 2nd gens Tributes:

The Reaping (2nd Round)

District One: Elemental Sun Glow II D1

District Two Elemental Aktes II D2

District Three: Elemental Ugutz II D3

District Four: Elemental Elyah II D4

District Five: Elemental Inferno II D5

District Six: Elemental Light II D6

District Seven Elemental Senfire II D7

District Eight: Elemental Zetva II D8

Will start breeding for the 3rd gen soon laugh.gif

The Reaping

This year's Tributes have been chosen!:

District One:

user posted image Victor Goldberg D1

user posted image Pearl Wright D1

District Two

user posted image Titus Carver D2

user posted image Atia Mason D2

District Three:

user posted image Copper Watson D3

user posted image Spark Fabrizio D3

District Four:

user posted image Lee Fisher D4

user posted image Aster Mariner D4

District Five:

user posted image Phoebus Torr

user posted image Juno Coleman

District Six:

user posted image Cirrus Cartwright D6

user posted image Lark Wheeler D6

District Seven

user posted image Ash Grove D7

user posted image Trillium Sawyer D7

District Eight:

user posted image Warp Taylor D8

user posted image Sumac Webb D8

Lol I thought there were 12 districts at first and I was trying to gather 24 CBs. But since there's only 8 districts it makes things easier. xd.png

The Reaping

My Chosen Tributes:

District One: user posted imageRose Bonanza and user posted imagePearl Coins

District Two user posted imageGranite Stature and user posted imageIndigo Warrior

District Three: user posted imageSolar Batteries and user posted imageHi Tech Windmill

District Four: user posted imageFish Whistle and user posted imageWhale Rider

District Five: user posted imageHeated Gears and user posted imageFrictionless Surface

District Six: user posted imageGreen Starling and user posted imageEarth Furrows

District Seven user posted imageMolten Hearth and user posted imageSulfur Reaction

District Eight: user posted imageCotton Gin and user posted imageLace Curtains

And I've already started breeding for 1st gens. Poor Whale Rider and Lace Curtains were already eliminated!

*a cannon sounds...*

District 3 will be saddened to learn that their female tribute, Spark Fabrizio, did not make it past the first 24 hours. We lament the early loss of one whose technological prowess had shown such promise during the training.

District Five: user posted imageHeated Gears and user posted imageFrictionless Surface

Well erm Frictionless Surface didn't make the cut so she's being replaced by another female tribute.

user posted imageHydrophilic Tension

If Heated Gears rejects her too then I'm just going to replace him instead. Seriously this is one picky Spitfire because he rejected one of my purples too. XP

2nd Gens

2nd Todd D1

2nd Catlin D2

2nd Wendy D3

2nd Britteny D4

2nd Aaron D5

2nd Monica D6

2nd Sonny D7

2nd Lisa D8

=]

*after the cannon sounds...*

At the end of this day, we bring you news of the elimination of three tributes:

Victor Goldberg

Aster Mariner

Juno Coleman

As for the rest of you, may the odds remain ever in your favor!

so... what if the dragons gender wrong?

My 3rd gen is all female >.>

If they gender wrong, re-breed for half of them and influence male (that's what I did).

You can always submit the rejected ones to Yummy Dragons. xd.png

*At the day's end, the following image is projected in the sky dome...*

user posted image

Trillium Sawyer, District 7

Of our original 16 competitors, we are down to 10...

My first reaping is almost done:

District One: user posted image Pearl Coins

District Two: user posted image Indigo Warrior

District Three: user posted image Hi Tech Windmill

District Four: user posted image Fish Whistle

District Five: ???

District Six: user posted image Earth Furrows

District Seven: user posted image Molten Hearth

District Eight: user posted image Cotton Gin

Sprites are not accurate for genders. xd.png Just waiting on District 5... Who will be standing when the dust is clear?

Thanks! >w< Also Heated Gears has been knocked out of the competition! All of my 1st gens have been bred so now it's a matter of hatching and raising some of them before I can breed 2nd gens. :3

quick question, is there a problem with this guy:

Ridgewing

is a third gen Ridgewing I bred for the project, problem is, it is a Tan Ridgewing and its heritage i acually Purple so, I'm not sure if its acceptable or not :/

Hey guys! I'm new to Dragon Cave, and I've been exploring the forums. I love the Hunger Games, so this thread stood out immediately, and it looks like such fun that I can't resist. It will probably take me a while to get all of the necessary CB dragons, but I'm going to jump in and join this anyway.

Oh, and please tell me if I'm doing something wrong. I am very new and I don't want to bother anybody! smile.gif

user posted image

Forum Name: Jojo777

Scroll Link: http://dragcave.net/user/Jojo777

WELCOME Jojo777 biggrin.gif Take your time there is no rushing a perfect hunger game xd.png Enjoy and any questions please ask smile.gif

WELCOME Jojo777 biggrin.gif Take your time there is no rushing a perfect hunger game xd.png Enjoy and any questions please ask smile.gif

Thanks, I'll definitely ask if I have any questions.

Right now I have 11 different CB dragons/hatchlings/eggs, so I'm in the process of pairing them up, waiting for some to grow up, and then starting to find more eggs.

Oh, I just thought of a question! Am I allowed to rename and use CB dragons that already have other children? Or is this not allowed?

The Tributes to survive so far are as follows:

user posted image Pearl Wright II D1

user posted image Titus Carver II D2

user posted image Copper Watson II D3

user posted image Lee Fisher II D4

user posted image Cirrus Cartwright III D6

user posted image Ash Grove II D7

user posted image Sumac Webb II D8

Edited by Kelkelen