PeachSapling

The Dove Pin

Would you like to join if it's approved?  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Jax smiled as the girl came over to sit with him, he looked her over, only making him smile even more "Hello Angel" He dragged out the oh sound in hello "I'm Jaxon, but you can call me Jax"

Skyne sat down next to Jaxon. He took in the sights and wondered where the food was. Remembering the whole 'Pin' incident, he pulled out his.

"Okay, this is going to be strange, but I have a pin, just like you." He flared it at her.

~~~

As Robby's eyesight adjusted to the light, he followed the teacher up to the dining room. He was starving. He sat his way down next to Angel, who was also sitting with a couple other students.

Jax looked at Skyne's pin and his smile grew wider....if that was even possible, je compaired his pin to Skyne's "Wow, they are just alike, you got a story behind yours too?"

Rachel followed the teacher to the noisy dining hall. Looking over, she saw Prince Martyn, and "Princess" Gertrude. Rachel sat in the seat across from Robby. She stared at the dining hall with awe at the tables, chairs, even the banner that said, "Welcome to the School Children! "It's amazing how much this place is decorated. I never knew I'd ever be here." Rachel said to the others.

Angel grinned at Robby, then looked back at Jax and the new person who came to sit by him. She noticed Skyne showed Jax his pin. "Hey, you guys have one too?" She tapped her hair pin, then pulled it from the golden strands and held it out for them to see.

Sawyer smiled shyly at Derek, and brushed the hair out of her face. Her silver eyes darted to the Royals, and quickly darted to her feet. "What do you think about all this?" she asked Derek. She readjusted her pin.

Derek glanced at Sawyer, then looks forward. "I'm not sure. I'm not exactly glad to be here. But who knows. Maybe it will be interesting." He looked around at the roomful of children. Soo... They were all going to be royalty? Every single one of them? He leaned back, putting his arms behind his head. At the moment, that seemed like a bit much to take in. Maybe in the future it would make more sense.

As soon as the teacher had arrived all of the students grabbed their belongings and filed out of the basement. Still hidden in the shadows Marie carefully avoided detection and lingered in the back until she was sure everyone had gone out. Feeling terrible for what she was doing she blinked hard to rid herself of all her oppositions and stole away the book she'd had from before, tucking it inside her bag carefully before jogging up behind Ianthe. She stuck close to her, avoiding eye contact the entire time they were led into the Hall. Several people and various students were gathered there including the royals. Marie, shy as ever, chose a seat farthest from anyone, secretly hoping that Ianthe would join her but at the same time hoping she would sit with the other students. Felling particularly guilty she didn't think she'd be able to hide it very well from anyone but something told her she especially would be unable to fool Ianthe. Why? She couldn't tell but perhaps because she thought of Ianthe fondly as her first friend.

Jax shrugged as he placed the arm that held his bracelet and his pin onto the table for everyone to see. "Who knows, its kinda weird though.....does everyone have one?.....Maybe thats why everyone was sent to this school." He looked around the room ot all of the other students, then the ones at the table, afew of the pins were visible on the students at the table, but he saw nothing in the rest of the crowd...

Ianthe followed the teacher into the dining hall. She watched as Marie sat herself as far from the others as possible once again, and rolled her eyes. Someday, I'm going to go in and sit beside everyone else before she can sit down. See if she follows me or not. She followed Marie, pulled out the chair beside her, and sat down. She looked around at the seats, some empty, some full. She had been too distracted by the pin ordeal earlier to really realize the amount of children who were training to become princes and princesses. Well, either they have really low expectations of us or that kidnapping thing is getting worse. "Hey, Marie-" Ianthe stopped. Marie seemed to be bothered by something. She had been ignoring her attempts to make eye contact during the walk here, but Ianthe had assumed that it was just another of those things that Marie did sometimes. But now, she was definitely upset, or worried, about something. She frowned. "Hey. What's - you alright?"

Angel shook her head. "Not everyone. Just a few." She pointed over her shoulder. "My brother doesn't have one. Or a real one, at least." She sighed and looked wistfully at the empty table then pulled out a stale loaf from her bag. She took a bite and chewed thoughtfully. "I wonder what their waiting for. I'm hungry." She turned back to Jax and Skyne with a friendly smile. "You guys want some?"

Jax smiled and jumped on the offer. "Yeah, I'm starved, with all this table you'd expect some food right?" He took a small piece from the loaf as he let out a laugh or two and began to nibble on it, he wasn't from a wealthy family so he was used to the staleness and appreciated Angel's generosity, and for some reason he liked how she carried food with her. He looked past her and offered his hand to her brother. "With a sister like Angel you two must come from a good house, names Jax"

Derek blinked at Jax's introduction. Angel.... What's she doing now? He glanced over at her happily munching on some bread their mother had packed. "Thanks..." He slowly took Jax's hand and shook it once before letting it fall back to his side. "Derek."

Jax went back to his bread, wondering if he'd crossed any boundaries with Derek but not caring if he had or not, he looked around at the rest of the table, wondering why the two girls at the end of the table were so far away from the rest of them, the fact that they were made him want to find out more about them, but in time, he was more interested in Skyne and Angel to move.

Sawyer smiled warmly at Jax. "It's a pleasure to meet you. I'm Sawyer." she said. The girl extended her hand. "I see you have a pin too..." Her hair was falling in her face, and it covered up one of her silver eyes.

Jax shook her hand and couldnt help but stare at the girls eyes. "Yeah...and you have remarkable eyes.....oh, heheh, I'm Jax"

((My character is a complete ladies man lmbo))

Sawyer's face flushed a bright red, and she looked at the ground shyly. "Thank you." she said quietly. She brushed her dark brown hair out of her face. "Jax is a nice name. It's...different." she said.

"Thanks, my parents wanted to name me River because thats where they found me, but they saw my pin said Jaxon and they couldn't fight the obvious, and I'm glad" He laughed alittle "But you got a unique name yourself, kinda cute, goes real well with your eyes Silver" He hoped she didnt mind he called her that, and there was no way hed stop if it did. He broke what was left of his bread in half and offered it to her. He whispered "Not sure if lunch is actually going to be served or if sitting at this table with a whole bunch of royal people is supposed to be any sort of filling." He gave her a playful smile.

Sawyer smiled shyly. "thank you." she said. "I'm sure we'll eat soon." Sawyer picked a peice of the bread, and chewed slowly. "He's a flirt, but Jax is nice..." she thought.

Jax popped the rest of the bread into his mouth and chewed it quietly, he looked down to where the royals were sitting and noticed the empty chair next to to the king. Once hed swallowed he questioned it "Maybe were waiting on someone?" He looked back to Sawyer with a raised eyebrow "Ya think?"

Skyne looked over to see that, unlike just Jax, a lot of other characters at the table had the same pin, too.

"Oh, my gosh..." he stuttered. "So many pins!" He sat, baffled. "Why on earth... Why do we all have the same pins!?" he stood up, and asked to everyone at the table, nobody in particular.

Edited by thegreenrobby

Jax looked at Skyne and shrugged. "I dont know, maybe that was how we were picked or something?" After thinking about his last statement he looked back into the crowd of other students and thought about Derek, there was no way that was how they were picked "On second thought, maybe not....."

Edited by WinterWhisperz

"I meant for this school and "opportunity"." He used his fingers to make quotations when he said the word "opportunity", as well as make a face of disgust. He didn't like the idea of being a fairy tale prince. "But if that was the case then wed be the only ones here, all of those other kids would be sitting at home probably learning their family trades." Edited by WinterWhisperz

Ianthe followed the teacher into the dining hall. She watched as Marie sat herself as far from the others as possible once again, and rolled her eyes. Someday, I'm going to go in and sit beside everyone else before she can sit down. See if she follows me or not. She followed Marie, pulled out the chair beside her, and sat down. She looked around at the seats, some empty, some full. She had been too distracted by the pin ordeal earlier to really realize the amount of children who were training to become princes and princesses. Well, either they have really low expectations of us or that kidnapping thing is getting worse. "Hey, Marie-" Ianthe stopped. Marie seemed to be bothered by something. She had been ignoring her attempts to make eye contact during the walk here, but Ianthe had assumed that it was just another of those things that Marie did sometimes. But now, she was definitely upset, or worried, about something. She frowned. "Hey. What's - you alright?"

Ianthe scarcely glanced at Ianthe as she found a place beside her. Marie clenched her fists, her arms were straight and her hands were on her lap pressing into it as she looked down, a curtain of her hair stair-casing the air and hiding her face. She wasn't surprised when Ianthe asked her what was wrong, it also made her feel a little fuzzy that she cared. In an overwhelming sense of guilt she blurted (in her cutely quiet way) "I'm sorry!" Her head came crashing down into the table as if she'd forgotten that it was there while she attempted to make a great gesture of apology. Lifting her head she gingerly touched her forehead with the three center fingers of her right hand, the left clutched tightly to her chest. "Ow...." Tears were welling in the corner of her eyes but she didn't look like she was going to cry from the bump she now had on her head. "I...." Marie looked pitifully at Ianthe like a puppy who knew it had done something wrong. "I took the book...." Her voice was nearly a whisper and it had a kind of begging whine to it as if to say 'please don't be mad!' although she said it out loud too..."Please don't be mad! I didn't mean to...well I mean...I did but I...I don't....know." Flustered Marie now looked entirely on the verge of tears for having betrayed Ianthe's trust, or at least, that's how Marie saw it.

((Ahhh, yeah, the reason why I did that to Marie is because I totally did the same thing......today....

P.S. keep in mind that Marie is being extremely quiet...her voice is remarkably soft and most likely Ianthe is the only one close enough to hear her. The only reason someone would have looked would be because of the 'thump' her head made when it decided to give a kiss to the lovely table-.-))