CYDA LUVA83

Ancient Beginnings

'True, but at least out of feeling for responsibility towards our fellow dragonkind. We don't need a system to impose law and order in order for us to function as a society, but then... with or without one s**t like this will happen either way. -Ashur elaborated for a bit.

'Painkillers, if possible. I've never taken any before... I'm not gonna' start trippin' balls am I? -Ashur arched an eyebrow. Hallucinations were the last thing he wanted...

==========================================

'Humans? The little pink monkey thingies? Oh surely you jest! THEY ARE SO TINY and squishy... unless hey have those sticks with em, those hurt. From a far, too! Pa' used to tell me the best way to raze a problem is at its source. And humans, or at least from what I've seen, like to live in large packs. -he touched his chin with his paw.

'Oh yes, raze the town, and you raze the problem. Although, that in itself is a feat, those towns are heavily protected. -he went on for a while about what he'd seen while disguised as a rodent. Raiden had some good information about what a city's defences consisted of, but it wasn't much to go on.

'Pa' it means dad. Which means father. Mine was a grey dragon named Ashur. He lived here. But you probably dunno him.

"Ah... No. You won't be... tripping on... balls..." She shook her head. Where had this dragon been raised? He was so crude! "It will just make you a little drowsy. Don't worry." Lydia stood up and walked over to her table, pulling a glass of medication from drawer. She mixed the medication with another potion and poured that mixture into a human-sized glass. After pouring a few drops of honey into the glass and heating it with a small blast of fire, she held it out for Ashur to take. "The honey helps the taste, but it's not the greatest. Just try it."

~~~~~

"Guns, cannons, blimps, knives... You name it, they have it. No, I'm far from jesting, Sir Raiden. They've killed our oracle, a Guardian of Nature! A ****ing Guardian of Nature!" Farengar hung his head, remembering the day when she was dragged off. Why did the bad memories have to be so vivid? He perked up when he heard Raiden mention Ashur. "Ashur? Are you serious? A-S-H-U-R? Now you are the one who is jesting, sir. For Ashur is right out back recovering from an explosion. I don't know if you saw it, but that big-ass explosion was caused by him."

Raiden took a step back, tilted his head and gave Farengar the weird look. He must be joking. And what a thing to joke about too! 'He's been gone for centuries and you're trying to tell me that he's been here. He wouldn't just abandon his family! -he scowled, edging on outrage from Farengar's claims. He looked at the floor and relaxed. The last thing he wanted was to make a bad impression right now.

'It's most likely a different Ashur. -he concluded.

'Also, what's an explosion? Was it that huge discharge of fire and heat that happened some time ago way over by one of the human towns? There was nothing else of significance he'd seen that'd happened that night anyway, so it was as good a guess as any...

'I've never seen a guardian of nature before. What are they like?

====================================

Taking the glass, Ashur lifted and yelled 'Cheers!

He downed it in two breaths and cringed slightly from its taste. It was as if he'd swallowed a lemon, a bowl of sugar and mug of ale at the same time. Sour, stomach-wrenching and at the same time, relaxing.

'Holy mother of sour! -he exclaimed and placed the glass to his left.

Sure the taste smacked him across the jaw like a tire iron, but it was what it was, medication. Considering the fact he could've been dead from internal bleeding by now, the grey considered it a godsend if not more.

'Ah, thank you Lydia. I'll be fine now. -he said, grinned a bit and made the finger pyramid of evil contemplation- 'Sooner than expected, perhaps.

Edited by Ælex

Doom turned back to them and his face dropped at Keisha's question. "I don't know how to say this...but as we are, there's nothing we can do about him." Doom shook his head and groaned in frustration. He walked into the castle and over to what looked like a cooking pot. "Well well well, what do we have here..." He looked around for food and then frowned. "Anyone know where any food is?" He shouted into the castle. A bug had landed on him for the 15th time that day. "I'm sick of these mother****ing bugs on my mother****ing scales!" He said in frustration, swatting the bug.

"Well, a Guardian of Nature is, well... They're the most powerful type of dragon. Their eggs are created by the combined powers of an Ice dragon, a Magma dragon, and a Thunder dragon. This breed of dragon was thought to exist only in legend. Although their name varies between cultures, they are often referred to as 'Guardians of Nature'." The magi looked down at his claws the back at Raiden, somewhat unsire of how to go on. "They are able to channel the forces of fire, ice and lightning, which allows them to wield tremendous power. Seen very rarely, it is thought that they only become active when something is threatening the territory they have chosen to guard. In order to protect their chosen home, these dragons are incredibly adaptable; they have been seen everywhere from remote mountain ranges, to ancient forests, to the darkest depths of the ocean. Our oracle was our Guardian..."

Farengar sighed, sitting back on his haunches. "...And she got dragged off by those mangy humans. Now not all humans are bad, mind you, we have one in the back recovering as well. He's actually given us useful information about our enemies." He stretched his wings a little, letting off body heat that his cloak retained. "But that blonde one out there, banging her fists on the barrier. Whsat I wouldn't give to see her and her family held underwater just inches away from the surface while someone slowly disembowled them. They've been our main antagonizers for years." What he would give for another swig of beer right now... "And now that girl is the heir to their dragon-hunting fortune. She and her assistant almost killed one of the inhabitants here. I should probably go out there right now and just get rid of the vermin..." Farengar said as he poked his head out of the front doorway, chuckling silently as the spoiled brat beat her fists against the barrier.

With a small control in his thoughts, he comanded the barrier to send a large bolt of electricity up her arm the next time she hit the protective shell. He couldn't help but let out a laugh when the shock sent her flying backwards several feet. "Ah, sorry about that. Mom always said not to play with your food. But it's too much to resist sometimes."

~~~~~

Lydia cocked her head at Ashur's 'pyramid of evil contemplation'. She didn't like it... Not one bit. the white dragon tried to remember where she had seen it before but nothing came to mind. She sat down beside Ashur's cot and looked at him curiously. "Why do you like blowing things up, Ashur? What good does it do?"

'Wow... the way you depict them, they sound like the demigods of our kin. But to be gibbed by humans... what a way to go. -Raiden scratched his neck, uncertain what to make of this information. Were these humans really that powerful? Hard to believe. But then all Raiden had fought, as far as humans went, were lone travellers, small hunting parties and caravans. He'd never had the malchance of facing an entire armed to the teeth platoon.

'They make bad food though, too many guts, not enough meat. -he grimaced at the memory of trying to eat one. It tasted very bad, as if he'd swallowed a pile of roaches mixed in with warm slug slime.

'If she's right there, then why don't we just go and claw her face off? -he suggested, glaring at the little blonde. He'd never known her before but he already hated her from what Farengar'd told him.

================================

'It's not about doing good. It's about hurting them. And I wish to go on hurting them, and hurting them and then hurting them some more! That's all they ever did to me and my mate... Aster, gods bless her soul wherever she might be now. -Ashur sighed and looked away- My life was all about my family once, Lydia. Without them, I have no purpose. Bombing human towns is effective, albeit, dangerous. And it's fun, and it gives me a reason to exist. -the grey clutched both fists and clenched his jaws- Without a purpose in life, I may as well just drop dead. It'd make no difference.

'And what, am I supposed to wander the infinite spaces looking for them? We both know that's a retarded thing to do and a waste of assets. If ever there is a chance to see either of them again, it is here, in our home. So I might as well help bring it back up on its feet. My way of doing so, destroy the opposition. Piece. By. Piece. -Ashur sighed and looked back at Lydia- That's what she'd have me do.

Edited by Ælex

"Nah, that would be too merciful and quite un-fun. Let's let her starve a little bit before killing her. The blimp went down a mile in the direction she came from. She's not going anywhere anytim soon unless she wants to swim across a channel to Ullapool. Trust me, this bratty girl doesn't do things like that." Farengar yawned. "Alright, I'm slightly buzzed, extremely tired, and probably going against my better judgement here... Here's the key to the Storage room." He said, pulling a tarnished key from his cloak pocket. "You and Doom over there are each allowed one chunk of meat the size of your head. Don't go through those doors-" The magi pointed to the double doors that led into the Resting Area. "-unless you want a face full of fang. Now, I must bid you goodnight." He said tiredly as he climbed up the steps into the 2nd floor before collapsing on his cot.

~~~~~

Lydia sat down and shifted into her human form. She then climbed up onto the cot before sitting down on it across from Ashur. "If I wasn't a dragon, if this was my one, true form, and you met me out in the woods gathering plants or taking a bath in a pond. Would you kill me? If I had the same profession: Tending to the sick and wounded, yet lived in a human town; would you kill me?" Her intention wasn't to guilt trip Ashur, just to see what his reaction would be.

((Blegh... Short post.))

The grey paused for a moment, considering the wide variety of scenarios...

'I remember you, you were originally a human, no? Well I base my actions on necessity.

You are an asset to our survival and will be treated as such regardless of your species.

'So, let me ask you this, if a swarm of sentient parasitic insects cause you and everyone you love a great deal of grief and suffering, then given the opportunity, would you not willingly squash every one of their kin you come across without hesitation? -the grey arched an eyebrow- 'I'm a simple person Lydia. I have simple behavioural rules that worked for me since I was born. -the grey sat up and crossed his arms- 'If its hostile, deal with it one way or another.

'Namely, if it burns, incinerate it. -he lifted his index finger- If it shatters, smash it. -and his middle finger- 'If it bleeds, shred it. -and the ring finger- 'If its explosive, detonate it. -and his thumb- 'And if it's indestructible, flee. -he wiggled his pinkie and rolled his eyes. That was his least favourite option, after all.

'I don't know what convinced you to turn your back on your old kin, if you've done so at all. But standard rules apply. So long as they're a threat to me or the grounds, I'm not just gonna sit on my ass and let them freely cause more harm.

'So I stand by what I said. It's about hurting them. And I wish to go on hurting them, just as they've always wished to go on hurting us.

============================================

'Okay... -Raiden said when Farengar left. What was that? A metal pokery thingy? What was its purpose? Yes, Raiden had never seen or used a key before. Doors were simple enough to figure out, but a key? He tried prodding it, nothing happened. Maybe its eatible? *choke* *gag* *cough* *spit* Bad idea... Keys weren't eatible. How was he supposed to carry it anyway? Raiden didn't have any pockets, he didn't even know what pockets were... The neotropical spent the next several minutes just thinking of what to do with the key, then he simply placed it upon his finger like a ring, walked by the entrance and lied down, too frazzled to sleep.

Edited by Ælex

"Those insects would be called mosquitos, dear Ashur. Those I cannot say for them being sentient." She leaned back, crossing her legs and resting her upper body weight on her palms. "But what about Morgan? Did you think of what the explosion would do to him? He was just a blacksmith. Morgan was repairing Greilac, a magic automaton. Hardly any blacksmiths have invested in the knowledge of how to repair and create those creatures. And besides, we provide him with a lot of his business, something he needs to support his wife and children. And I'll have you know, sweet Ashur-" Lydia emphasized the last two words of her sentence, her voice like dripping acid. "That the reason we use him as our blacksmith is because he does not use dragon for his leather, he uses cows, horses, alligators, among others."

The woman stood up and paced nervously before sitting back down. She wasn't accustomed to arguing, it gave her a surge of adrenaline, causing her to have to move around or else be exremely fidgety. "What I'm trying to say isL Look before you leap. Gather info on the worst areas first. What you blew up was a resource town, or a market if you prefer. One we used to buy human food and materials. What you want to destroy are the hunting lodges and homes of the hunters, blimp suppliers, gun shops, warehouses. Things that supply the enemy, not the things that supply us." Lydia sighed and looked up at Ashur, comtemplating whether she should actually tell him what she was about to say.

"When you heal, and I'll let you know when you can go bomb happy again, gather up your bombs and explosives and I'll take you to the trouble spots."

'Morgan helped Lydia the human and Herpyderpy that I was pretending to be. He aided Greliac because he thought she was nothing more than a mechanical slave. -he covered his forehead with his palm and gave Lydia the exasperated glare. Did he seriously have to point these things out for her?

'I don't care if he's the holy grail of human beings, Lydia. My intention was not to wreck his shop, but to torch the town in Oh-point three seven four nine seconds judging by the combustibility of the contents of that... nevermind that. -he waved it off.

'Do you not see the irony here? We're paying them for food they are taking from the land. Food that would otherwise be ours... or are you referring to all that roasted'n'baked stuff they dish out to themselves? -he arched an eyebrow. Ashur was never one for fancy food. He liked his meals rare, raw even... perhaps, struggling.

'And we are totally the only patrons of that market town, aren't we? -he shot some sarcasm and gave the ceiling a glance before sighing and burying his face in his palms. How could he make her understand? She was such a pacifist! So much so it was infuriating!

'Tell me... how is it even possible, that there can exist a sentient being so utterly... -he clenched his jaws and put his hands on his knees- ...completely devoid of hate?! -he asked and pointed right at her.

Edited by Ælex

Lydia twitched. Devoid of hate? Devoid of HATE?! She got to her feet slowly, her nails steadily growing into claws as she half-morphed back into a dragon. A dragon's tail formed at the base of her spine and her horns poked through the skin above her ears. Lydia had half-shapeshifted until she represented what Christians would call a female version of the devil.

Lydia grabbed Ashur's shoulders and picked him up off of his lazy ass before turning one hundred and eighty degrees and throwing him back down on the cot with enough force to make him breathless for a few seconds. "Devoid of hate?" She snarled, her tounge long and forked. "I'll show you hate, you little ****er."

Lydia picked up Ashur again, this time by his throat. She hissed, tightening her grip.

"No. This is not combat. It is murder, disgrace to me! Put him down, now." A voice said, the sound of it heard only by Ashur and Lydia. Lydia looked up, as if something was going to fall from the sky. Lookin back down, she snarled at Ashur before dropping him back on the cot.

Edited by CYDA LUVA83

'What the !@#$?! -the grey snapped back and shifted to his true form in an instant. The injuries were greater for it but in between the confusion and panic he didn't really care about the pain.

'Maybe YOU're the one that needs to be locked up, not I! -he snarled viciously.

'Varaug we got a monstrous demon problem over here. One of our residents is compromised. I'm at the medical tent and I'm injured... Bottom line GET YOUR ASS OVER HERE AND HELP! -he telepathed to his friend.

=========================================

'W-what? You're joking, right? Tell me you're joking... -the magi replied, although he knew Ashur would not joke about such things, especially sound so convinving while doing so...

Oh s$%t Fk! We have a breach in the castle! -he told Fiyara and without hesitation snapped around and ran towards the medical tent.

=========================================

'Whatever you are... whoever you are, let go of Lydia and nobody gets hurt.

At that moment, Varaug ran into the room and locked eyes with Lydia. The second before the fires went, Ashur told him: 'Don't! That's Lydia! Something went terribly wrong with her!

The magi couldn't believe what he was hearing. Seriously, Lydia?

'How did this happen?!

'I dunno, we were having an argument, and I told her she's too passive and this s#$t happened!

'For goodness sakes man! -Varaug growled something in the arcane language, forming several bright blue semitransparent shackles around Lydia's feet, chains around her neck, and three wrapping all the way around her vertically, disabling her wings.

'Now, talk. -the magi told Lydia, still focused on an array of other spells in case whatever had possessed her was strong enough to break free.

Edited by Ælex

Lydia hissed at Varaug as the chains wrapped around her. "The hell are you doing, Varaug?!" She asked the magi, yelling. The woman struggled against the blue chains. She stopped struggling, healing magic was where her power was at, not the arcane. All of a sudden, Lydia lost her balance and the shackles prevented her from stretching her limbs to regain it. She fell to her knees and looked down, avoiding eye contact from Varaug and Ashur.

"I got frustrated, magi." Lydia said softly, looking to the side. "So utterly frustrated that some dragon could be so senseless about what it kills..." This time she looked up, glaring at Ashur. "This is going to sound really cliche but... I just got carried away with my anger. Okay?" She sighed and looked at the chains that bound her. "Any conversation we have is going to be awkward if you take my chains away now. So why don't you just do the storybook thing and put me in our temporary prison? I'm sure Ashur's neck will appreciate it."

~~~~~

"Troublesome girl..." The goddess of war and slaughter mumbled to herself. The white shapeshifter prayed her prayers of wishes for guidance and wisdom every Sunday like a good little follower, and Cydae gave her a nudge here and there where she needed it, but the message of the goddess' morals weren't getting across. "ALLEKS!" She called, needing someone to talk to.

Edited by CYDA LUVA83

'Hey I... 'Shut it! -Varaug snarled when Ashur spoke up.

'Frustration is one thing, what I'm seeing is something else. I want to know the truth Lydia or we might just go with the cliche. -the magi said, trying as best he could to keep calm and make sense out of all this commotion.

Troublesome, is one way of putting it Cydae. But this hardly demands my involvement.

Sometimes it's like watching a show. I just wish I had some popcorn and soda to go with it.

'Am I the only one hearing these voices?

'Unfortunately, no. I'll explain about them later. Right now, I want my answers. -the magi growled at Ashur without breaking eye contact with Lydia.

Edited by Ælex

"I wonder if I souuld copy and paste their entire discussion and just have Lydia say it. I mean, comon, I have it all written out right here." She pondered this for a moment. "I think I might, but with a few modifications... Alrighty, let'sa see heeyah..."

~~~~~

"You want answers, Varaug? Fine, I suppose repeating the conversation will do..." Lydia inhaled.

"'Why do you like blowing things up, Ashur? What good does it do?' Then he said that it's not about doing good, that it's about killing humans. 'And I wish to go on hurting them, and hurting them and then hurting them some more! That's all they ever did to me and my mate... Aster, gods bless her soul wherever she might be now.' After he said that I brought up the scenario of 'if you found me in the woods as a human and didn't know it was me, would you kill me on the spot?'

'I'm a simple person,' he said, 'I have simple instincts,' he said. 'If it's hostile, deal with it.' I then told him about how that town was useful to us and how he probably... Nay, did kill a lot of innocent people." She took another breath. "Tell me Varaug and tell me honestly; how is it even possible, that there can exist a sentient being so utterly... completely devoid of hate?!" Lydia looked up at Varaug, the small smile on her face terrifying, her eyes wild yet calm.

'Devoid of hate... -Varaug shot Ashur with a glare- 'You wanker! That's rubbish! -he looked back at Lydia- 'This whole thing is rubbish! I've got a psychotic bombhappy friend and am currently restraining someone that looks like she jumped right out of the void! -he tightened the chains a bit when the terrifying memory of what the void was like crossed his mind.

'I don't at all care about what you two got in an argument about, that doesn't matter! I want to know what drive you to an outright assault, and made you look... LIKE THAT! -he gestured to all of her.

Here we go...

Edited by Ælex

Lydia hissed at Varaug and tried to shapeshift further to break the chains, but all that accomplished was nearly cracking her bones in the unbreakable cuffs. She shifted back into what she appeared as when she attacked Ashur. "My look is caused by what happens when you incompletely shift into dragon form. Right now I'm half in half. You see my horns, wings, tail, tounge, and claws. My hearing is slightly better and my eyes can see farther. Yet I still have a human face, human limbs, a human body. I have my hair, skin, and about a foot taller than your average human. I started to shift into a dragon, but I stopped the process, resulting in this. It's good for inflicting terror, also gives you some good strength perks. What drove me to outright assault is bottling up my emotions for the past twenty years. Note for you, don't do it." She fought her bindings once again, getting a bit angry at still being tied up. "Get me out of these!"

~~~~~

"This would be a perfect romance/horror movie if everyone made up and a shipping pair was introduced."

'Hold... still. -the magi moved in, ran one hand over her as if he was scanning for something, then stepped back and sighed deeply. 'She's clean. No demons no spirits no nothing. -Varaug admitted and removed the shackles.

'You. -Varaug shot Ashur with a glare- 'You should consider getting off of this grudge you have against the human race. They may want us for pelts but we have bigger worries to attend to right now. Doom's father's coming, and I am pretty sure he's a lot more dangerous than a few platoons of hunters.

He then turned towards Lydia.

'I've known Ashur since I was a hatchling. I grew up, but he's still a hatchling on the inside. You cannot reason with him.

'Great, thanks a lot.

'I'm not the one with the self-inflicted post-explosion wounds 'ere. You are. You've always been like that. It's just after you met Aster she's been keeping you too busy for you to be your reckless idiotic self. Grow up, Ashur!

'Piss off.

'I think I will. Now, try... just try not to cause more commotion in here? -he gave them both a glance and walked out of the tent.

'Wanker... -Ashur growled at the door Varaug'd exited from.

Edited by Ælex

"He is rubber, you are glue, whatever insults you throw at him bounce back and stick to you." Lydia said as she shifted fully into her dragon form, ruffling her wings and sending a few feathers flying. "Now get back in bed, you may as nuts as I can be, but you're still wounded." She said as she tended to the unconcious Grublin.

~~~~~

"Well... That almost got good. Hey, Alleks. Make Varaug or Ashur do something funny, I'm bored."

((Ashur and Lydia had a fight.))

Edited by CYDA LUVA83

'Know what? I'm fine. -the grey stretched out a bit. He was nowhere near fine, but deep down in his mind, he didn't trust Lydia any more. What if she tried something while he was in bed? What if she tried to poison him or something? The grey gave his infected left claw a glance. He'd had that ever since destroying a particular nemesis of his repeatedly and it had not gone away yet. It was in some way associated with a kind of disease or poison, that much he was sure. He didn't want another one that could possibly kill him.

'Thank you for the aid. -he said and cripwalked outside.

The only bit of him that was completely uninjured were his wings, so he unfolded them and took off, flew towards the lake, before setting down gently by his favoured outdoors sleeping spot. That one particular tree near the lake's shore he'd been napping by since he was a hatchling. It was still there after all the grounds had endured.

He lied down, cracked his neck joints and rested his head on his paws.

...not a frikkin' hatchling. -he growled to himself and started to doze off.

((And it was FUNNY user posted image ))

====================================

'You know better than to mess with their free wills Cydae.

Besides, hilarity best comes unexpected.

Edited by Ælex

"Meh, you're no fun." The red dragon replied with a sly smile. She shook her firey-coloured mane aleaned over the Pool of Visions, dipping into the shimmering water with her claws. "Let's see what we can do here... What subplot should we go with for the white one? Romance or murderous? Or do you have something else in mind?" Cydae asked as she spun the webs of fate around the small pool, plucking out the ones she liked and leaving the rest to float back down to the bottom of the pool.

~~~~~

Lydia shook her head after Ashur had left, so confused, it felt as if her life was going the wrong way. Who had made the decision to react out of anger instead of thinking things through? Was it Cydae? She walked out of the tent, her head drooped. Looking up at the sky, the white dragon pondered if the goddess had been messing around with her will up until the point where she had spoken up. The red dragoness had been known to be merciful or merciless to anyone she touched with her power.

"What are you doing up there?!" She shouted, flaring her wings in anger.

Lydia shook her head again and tucked her wings to her sides, trying to calm herself, stay away from anger. The nurse paced around the small backyard, raking claw marks into the ground as she did so. She roared and rammed her head into the rock wall that encompassed the backyard, sending shockwaves down her spine and through her teeth. "Why did I attack him? It's not like me..." Lydia mumbled as she slumped to the ground, tired of her own fury.

Edited by CYDA LUVA83

Alone in the woods, having lost his target, Faelan was shivering lightly in the early morning forest chills.

'Where are you? -he looked up at the sky, eyes closed and focused on Raiden as he remembered him.

An image flashed before his eyes. A structure, old and decimated.

'Where are you? -Faelan asked again, this time out loud.

He didn't feel or see anything. Focusing even more, he took a deep breath and whispered into the wind

'Where are you, uncle Raiden?

...nothing.

'Just a sign... just one sign, where are yoou?! -he begged quietly.

This time, he caught something. It was strange, it was a kind of on-edge feeling. But it was not his own, it was someone else's. It seemed to be coming from due east of his location as well. It was so feint but it was the only thing he had to go on...

The little magi lowered its head and sniffed the air, hoping that there were some critters about for him to snatch up. He was very hungry and somewhat cold-stricken from the exposure to the cold night winds.

In his weakened state, Faelan had resorted to feeding on herbs and grass, some berries and roots too. Something a magi's stomach didn't really agree with.

Picking himself up, Faelan scampered off in the direction from which he'd sensed something. It lead him through a dense cluster of trees. He could hear noises from all around, but did his best to imagine it's just the wind or something similarly harmless.

As he went along, he came across a lengthy path of bent and ruined trees.

Something big had taken a big bump right there.

'The hungry ones. -Faelan whimpered. The things he'd seen and sensed in the darkest of the woods had driven him into a paranoid state of unease many a' times. He took a sharp turn to the right and re-entered the dense woods once more, feeling more secure in confined areas than in the open.

Gradually, he managed to traverse the forestlands, avoiding the open areas altogether while still following the direction of that one little trace of a feeling. It paid off... When he reached the end of the woods, he stood before the edge of the grounds, with the castle ruins visible plain as day in the distance.

Faelan sat down and breathed a long sigh of relief, before closing his eyes and focusing once more.

'Is this it? I need to know, is this it? -he begged for an answer from who-knows-where, but again felt nothing.

'Uncle Raiden?

=====================================

'WHO, Wha?! -Raiden stirred when a dim unfamiliar voice shattered the silence he'd just gotten used to.

'Dammit! Stop trolling me, brain! -he thought angrily and lied back down, covering his head and ears with both paws.

=====================================

'Uncle Raaaaideeen? -Faelan asked again and smiled a bit. He did feel something. Annoyance, anger... but that was a good sign and he knew it. A violent cough escaped the hatchling, but he blinked and sniffed a few times, shook his head and looked around. So much for his concentration.

'I found him! -he concluded happily and scampered his way into the grounds, unhindered by the barrier. Humming a tune to himself, Faelan stopped half-way to the door and gave the ruins a look-over. It looked like what he'd perceived some time ago...

'Something somewhere gave this place a hell of a treatment...

Edited by Ælex

Fiyara barely had the time to process the vision before all hell broke loose. They had a demon problem. Varaug's words echoed in her mind for a second, and it took her a moment to snap out from the horror. Demons, here! She scampered out after Varaug before skidding to a halt. There were too many dragons in the medic tent. It would be absolute mayhem if another went in there; everyone would be all squished and annoyed at her for barging in there. So she waited with semi palatable annoyance, hoping nothing was going on in there. Ohh, if anything happened while she was out here, the first person to leave the tent who wasn't Varaug would have a pissed off dragoness on their hands!

She saw a shadow move at the corner of her vision. Swirling, she snarled, raising a claw and starting an advance. A terrified shriek assaulted her ears, and she fastened her gaze upon the shadow. Oh. It was Dvaros, just slinking around as usual... She coughed uncertainly, lowering her paw and getting into a less aggressive stance. Dvaros cowered there, trembling in terror as he stared at her. She coughed awkwardly, shaking her head. "Sorry bout that. Meant nothing by it." She said apologetically, shaking her head. The scare about the demons had left her jumpier than usual, she reflected as Dvaros skittered back into the shadows once more. She looked up at Varaug as he left the tent, for a breif moment glancing into it to see what was going on. She didn't see much before the tent canvas flapped back into place, and decided to leave it at that.

The magi looked pissed, yet there was nothing to indicate whether or not the demon scare had passed or not. Since he wasn't actively rushing around and searching, she guessed not. She let out a relieved sigh, looking up at Varaug and deciding to get back on track with what he had just revealed; if it had a chance of bringing her friend back, she would chase that lead until the sun itself burnt out. That was a promise, to herself and to her old buddy.

"So... She lives." She muttered to herself, before shaking her head as if to clear it. In reality, they had no idea where she could be, nor did she have any idea how to find out. She was, effectively, stumped.

=======================

Jamie popped into existence omce again next to his favourite skylight. "Time to make my usual entrance." Jamie shattered the glass outward and jumped in, the glass resealing itself and him landing next to the pool. It looked like someone had played a movie scene in reverse. "Hey Cydae, hey Alleks, how we all doing today? You look positively dashing with that pie on your face, Cydae and you look amazing with the punch spilled all over you Alleks " Jamie said, having somehow splatted Cydae with cake and spilled punch over Alleks without anyone noticing. He smiled smugly, knowing that he could just poof away if he needed to.

------------------------

Doom had a piece of meat the size of his head. "Time to cook!" He exclaimed as he got to work. He started cooking the meat, tenderizing it, slapping it and rolling it.

Edited by Doomkaiser