Fluttershy16

Bite Lineages (Vampires)

Yeah, having a prodogy of bittens would be cool too.

So right now we're 50/50 on this idea. But I really think hitting one button instead of clicking through all the linages would be easier. And like everyone is saying, if the data's lost it would give a message that displays the data is torn beyond repair or something like that.

Perhaps to show lineages on Vamps who are not CB, there is still the regular "view lineage" button, but below it is also a "Bite lineage" button.

Perhaps to show lineages on Vamps who are not CB, there is still the regular "view lineage" button, but below it is also a "Bite lineage" button.

I don't see the point of a "bite lineage" but what I would like (and there is a thread suggesting this) is a link like the "children" one, to show the complete list of who has been bitten - as things stand, the vampire's whole page could in the end be filled with names, otherwise.

That thread was how I got here, Fuzz.

There would only be one more- the vamp's biter.

The progeny would be the same, except they never get a list.

That thread was how I got here, Fuzz.

There would only be one more- the vamp's biter.

The progeny would be the same, except they never get a list.

You can already see who bit a vamp as long as it was within the last 18 months or so, I think it is - but that data wasn't recorded till relatively recently, so it could in any case only go so far. I can't see the point, I really can't

I'll go ahead and say that I don't really see the point in this...

Because vampire lore says you have to kill the master vampire to free his offspring, and who really wants to stake their way backwards one coffin at a time? biggrin.gif

Serious answer: it's easy to click back one by one, but the thought of having a simple direct list on one page is also appealing.

Edited by schmupti

it could always just be from impliment >> forward.

I mean, the old deceased dragons arent suddenly shown - even though we have that horrible new tombstone problem that affects my zombie lineages. (ANYWAY)

So even if it isnt retroactive, it might be nice. I was thinking about this myself.

It doesnt even really NEED images. It could just be a list, straight up. Sort of like the Progeny list when you click on children.

Maybe there could be a "lineage" for vampire dragons which shows which dragon was bitten by which. So, instead of having to click "this dragon was bitten by: this vampire dragon" there could just be a page to show you. It would look kinda like a lineage but just one straight line.

Edited by Tardigrade

Eh....maybe. I guess it could work? But the lineage has to be all vampires anyway, so it's really just gens and genders...

With something like the suggested "the records this far back are lost" type idea, I'd love this.

I mean, yes, we can all click links. But *my goodness* are there some things here that I wish we didn't have to click *so many* links for. None of them seem at all overwhelming to me individually but when you add them up it can be a lot of clicking, tab opening, etc. I have seen this come up sometimes as an issue before - a relatively minor one, but one where I think it's worth not looking at an idea to make data accessable in a better way, and dismissing it just because the data *is* accessable.

I actually haven't done a lot of exploring of the lineages of my vampire dragons, and having that data (even incomplete data) on one page would be fantastic, and I'd do a *ton* more with vampires than I do now. Yes, I can keep track of things myself, but I personally just don't have the energy for that right now, and that's why I think either a vampire lineage view or a lineage list would be fantastic.

edit for typo

Edited by diaveborn

I think that the idea of a Bite lineage is great. The best way to solve the whole CB problem is just to have the lineage display a note saying something like "Records from before this time are lost."

I'd love to see both a Bite 'lineage' (even if it didn't work out quite like the lineage as we're used to it) and a Bitten Progeny page. +1 support. smile.gif

I did not want to start a thread for this because it is related:

While I do think a "Bite" lineage would be awesome, I would find it better if one could use "Bite" on adults too.

I was thinking about my breeding plans this Halloween (creating any 3EG lineage, biting the 3rd-gen and killing the other 6 dragons to create Undeads) and then it came to me that it would be awesome to have Vampire parents in the lineage.

I mean, Vampires from the human fairy tales and movies create Vampires by biting their victims, no matter how old their victims are.

I do not know how the spriters think about changing their "Bite" concept, though. But I would definitely like it!

I'll go ahead and say that I don't really see the point in this, as it would really just be a straight line of who bit who, which you can easily find with a little clicking (a lot less clicking than lineages take). The data also isn't recovered for everything, so if we were to get this, I'd prefer only when/if that data could be retrieved. o3o

I was about to say basically this exact same thing.

Extremely interesting idea. I'd love to see a long line of vampires when clicking on "bitten by", instead of having to click onto every single vampire in the line to see who bit who.

That would be it though - a long line. It would be impossible to make interesting bite lineages like we can with normal lineages. So I don't really see the point. |:

While I do think a "Bite" lineage would be awesome, I would find it better if one could use "Bite" on adults too.

I was thinking about my breeding plans this Halloween (creating any 3EG lineage, biting the 3rd-gen and killing the other 6 dragons to create Undeads) and then it came to me that it would be awesome to have Vampire parents in the lineage.

I mean, Vampires from the human fairy tales and movies create Vampires by biting their victims, no matter how old their victims are.

I do not know how the spriters think about changing their "Bite" concept, though. But I would definitely like it!

Firstly, I think that would be up to the spriters. Secondly, I think bite is fine how it is now, so why change it? Although, think of the drama if you bit an adult with lots of offspring and 'ruined' everyone else's lineages...

Edited by TheGrox

I prefer the idea of a lineage view that shows all childer of a vampire dragon (within reason, of course). This would be super useful to track the expanse of extensive vampire families like the Capulets and Montagues and could easily get as complex as a dragon lineage now (moreso, since there's no limit to the amount of bites a sire vampire can do).

Tracing a vampire lineage back to the sire is indeed a bit unspectacular, but I would still appreciate that, too. At the moment I sometimes accidentally click on a childe when I want to click on a sire while going back through the line, and then it's easy to lose count what vampire generation one is in. Probably a firstworldproblem, but one I keep encountering in the context of the aforementioned vampire 'breeding' project and vampire dragons in general. smile.gif

I prefer the idea of a lineage view that shows all childer of a vampire dragon (within reason, of course). This would be super useful to track the expanse of extensive vampire families like the Capulets and Montagues and could easily get as complex as a dragon lineage now (moreso, since there's no limit to the amount of bites a sire vampire can do).

Tracing a vampire lineage back to the sire is indeed a bit unspectacular, but I would still appreciate that, too. At the moment I sometimes accidentally click on a childe when I want to click on a sire while going back through the line, and then it's easy to lose count what vampire generation one is in. Probably a firstworldproblem, but one I keep encountering in the context of the aforementioned vampire 'breeding' project and vampire dragons in general. smile.gif

I agree.

I think it would be sort of cool. smile.gif

Speaking as a fellow Montague keeper, it might be sort of cool to trace the vampie 'families'' too.

I think this is a great idea, and I think the "Bite Lineage" should be a separate lineage view from the "Lineage View" so that you can see one or the other easily.

I vote no, sorry. It's easy enough to go through the links.

Not after it gets past a few it isn't. This tells me you've never tried to do it with anything too high-gen! Seriously all of you saying this stuff must either have unusually high amounts of patience or you've never really done it.

I support this. Just because we can't get fancy with the shapes of vampire bite lines is not a good reason to not show them graphically. The whole point of the suggestion is to be able to get the information at a glance WITHOUT having to click back a bunch of times and keep count, not to add another way to make pretty chains of pictures.

Edited by Lurhstaap

I did not want to start a thread for this because it is related:

I thought about that too; thats one thing I would love to see. It would make the perfect "twilight" lineage! laugh.gif

I like the idea, even though it is relatively pointless - and you can't have any bearing on vampire lineages - a bite line. It would be interesting to see who the original vampire was that set off that lineage - providing it is in the records (there is a gap from when vampires started to bite, to when it registered who did the biting)

I would not want to lose the lineage, as it is important to me because some of my vampires are bitten from rares or very rare linages.

But a visual of who was in that line could be interesting.

Would it add value? No. But it would be fun for those of us who take vampire collecting seriously to be curious without the need to click through all the links - which is very time consuming.

I would not want to change how vampires bite. Vampires that are humans may need to bite any age, because, trying to stick ones head into a womb to bite a tiny egg may be a bit difficult.

But these are not vampire humans, they are vampire dragons. It could be they have needle sharp teeth that can punch a hole, inject the DNA altering (virus/venom/kumquat) and seals the holes with some calcifying slobber.

I could imagine the slag hitting the fan should a person vamp certain lineages. It's up to them in the end, but slag storms happen.