earthgirl

Progeny/Bitten link for Vampires

I've been wondering for a while how come we have a 'Children' link for all breedable dragons which links to all the progeny, but not one for vampires?

You see, I love vamps and even if they don't breed like normal dragons, they still reproduce their own kind and I'd love to see who their 'children' are, how many times they successfully bitten eggs, etc. I'd like to be able to keep track of things like this easier, like I keep track of all my dragon's babies.

What's going to happen if a dragon has 100 active successful bites? xd.png Will it clog the page with 100 codes/names?

All in all, what I'm suggesting here is a Bitten link just like the Progeny link. wink.gif

Anyone with me?

I just realized that while the list of children of a breedable dragon is cut at a certain length and linked to the progeny page instead, this does not seem to be true for the "bitten" list of a vampire (example - view link since these are allowed for adults). And my example has only created 20 vampires that are still alive, it must look much messier for vamps with more offspring.

So what I am suggesting is very simple: Biting eggs is the way how vampires create offspring, so treat the "bitten" list exactly like the "children" list of breedable dragons. Let them have a "progeny" page as well and put a "bitten" link instead of the whole list on the view page of the vampire "parent".

Alternative: Add a "bitten" page that works exactly like the progeny page, if there's a problem with calling it "progeny" of an unbreedable dragon.

Pro's:

- view page would look less messy

- progeny page has images of the children, it would be nice to have the same for vampires

Con's:

- ?

Edit: This suggestion is NOT about bite lineages. Ideas about bite lineages should go to this thread.

This thread is suggesting a progeny page for vampires (example of a progeny page).

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Okay. I did not remember seeing that. xd.png

A mod can merge the topics if must.

ETA: that suggestion is more a 'Bite lineage' suggestion than 'progeny link' suggestion.

It's a little different...i think? ^^;

Edited by earthgirl

Okay. I did not remember seeing that. xd.png

A mod can merge the topics if must.

ETA: that suggestion is more a 'Bite lineage' suggestion than 'progeny link' suggestion.

It's a little different...i think? ^^;

Yes - I'd agree with you. Some of my vamps already have FAR TOO MANY names on their page ! A single link to show the lot, as with lots of children, would be better.

I just realized that while the list of children of a breedable dragon is cut at a certain length and linked to the progeny page instead, this does not seem to be true for the "bitten" list of a vampire (example - view link since these are allowed for adults). And my example has only created 20 vampires that are still alive, it must look much messier for vamps with more offspring.

So what I am suggesting is very simple: Biting eggs is the way how vampires create offspring, so treat the "bitten" list exactly like the "children" list of breedable dragons. Let them have a "progeny" page as well and put a "bitten" link instead of the whole list on the view page of the vampire "parent".

Alternative: Add a "bitten" page that works exactly like the progeny page, if there's a problem with calling it "progeny" of an unbreedable dragon.

Pro's:

- progeny page has images of the children, it would be nice to have the same for vampires

Con's:

- ?

Edit: This suggestion is NOT about bite lineages. Ideas about bite lineages should go to this thread.

This thread is suggesting a progeny page for vampires (example of a progeny page).

Edited by Ha-Ki

Pro's:

Con's:

- ?

I support this idea.

I can't see where it would HURT anything... and as it is already set up for breedable dragons, surely it couldn't be THAT difficult to apply it to vampires.

Lineage

Bite Lineage

Children

Bitten

it can be organized like this.

Edited by Niyaka

Lineage

Bite Lineage

Children

Bitten

it can be organized like this.

The last two are the same, since vampires can't breed, so one of them is enough.

Bite lineage: sure, why not, but I think there's a different thread for that.

I'm not asking for reorganizing anything on the view page, actually. Only for making the word "Bitten" a link to a progeny page, like we already have it for the word "Children" on breedable dragons. Consistency smile.gif

The last two are the same, since vampires can't breed, so one of them is enough.

Bite lineage: sure, why not, but I think there's a different thread for that.

I'm not asking for reorganizing anything on the view page, actually. Only for making the word "Bitten" a link to a progeny page, like we already have it for the word "Children" on breedable dragons. Consistency smile.gif

AND vampies are turned as eggs, which means they NEVER are able to breed in the normal way.

I agree with this request. It wouldn't change how anything works, just how the information is displayed. I'm all for the information getting condensed and relocated to another page after X amount of vampiric offspring, to keep from cluttering up the main view page.

I support this idea too.

It is a fairly simple change and it dose make sense. Imagine how it would look if a vampire was a sucessful as some breeding pairs, that view-page would be very long xd.png

But actually the bitten by does not go back to the very first Vampires on DC.

I am so disappointed now. sad.gif

thumbs_up.png Yes, i would like to the a page were we can see the vampiress lineage of a dragon.

I really want to see to which Vampire generation my Vampires belongs to see how powerful they are among other Vampires.

Edited by Tigerkralle

Tigerkralle, you might want to check out this thread if you're interested in bite lineages smile.gif

Here I'm suggesting a progeny page for vampires. If you click on a dragon that has bred children, the word "children" is a link and leads you to a page with all children of the dragon. That's what I'd like to see for vampires as well, especially since the information is there, but only as a list on the view page.

I'm down for this. There seems to be no apparent harm in this and really it would make organizing so much easier. Plus as stated it would reduce the clutter on the dragon's view page.

And this progeny list for vampires is something that i also want to see. So you have my support.

But i just learned that it is not possible to see the very first vampire that is the origin of my vampires. dry.gif I really want to see from which vampire my vampires are the "children". As in which specific Vampire that was catched in the year 2008 has bitten the vampire anchestors of my vampires. But it does not go back to that... sad.gif

My Vampires are killers, so I don't use "bite" very often, but I can see the value of this for those who use it a lot. It would make for a much neater view page and since it can already be done for bred progeny I would think it wouldn't be too hard to code.

Support.

Support, pretty much for the reasons mentioned in the Bite lineage thread. (My suggestion there is about a lineage-style view of the same data (and for fairness sake, I'm not the first to mention it in that thread, as far as I'm aware), but I am absolutely in support of a progeny-style view, as well. happy.gif)

Full support. I love this idea.

It would make things less messy, and would let you see all the successful bites at once.

I have a ton of vampires on my scroll and I noticed one of my dragons has successfully bitten a total of 17 eggs and the newest egg I bit is lost in a sea of names and codes. So in order to keep up with the eggs and dragons you have bitten, I was wondering if we could do the same thing when viewing children of our normal dragons after a certain vampire successfully bites 10 eggs.

This is just a thought, it doesn't have to go anywhere. I just think it could help if you want to view a certain dragon bit by the vampire

I would love this, especially for my fake CB female. I've made a lot of vamps with her, and I would love to see them all laid out like in a progeny page.