Quhanta

Disney Pile-Up

((Thanks. Everyone is in approximately the same area, right? That's the only thing that's confusing me a bit. I know where one group of characters are [stitch and Maleficent] and I know where another group of characters are [Amelia and Beast], but I'm not sure how close together those groups are x.x

I too, have a really long intro~ Also, I'm bad at intros xd.png ))

Slowly, like a fog clearing, senses and feelings were returning to the large lioness that was laying, half submerged in the ocean, on the beach. The first thing she felt was the strange feeling of the waves lapping at her body. She couldn't fathom why she would be laying in water. Her thoughts were still fuzzy, but she could remember that only a moment ago -or what seemed like a moment- she had been hunting for her pride. Then, all of a sudden her hearing cleared and she was able to open her eyes.

What she saw startled and confused her; She was on a rock beach, with a jungle not too far off. How had she gotten here? Surely this was no where near the Pride Lands. Sure, there was a jungle not all too far away from her home, but there was no ocean anywhere near the Pride Lands. No, this was somewhere she had never been before.

The lioness shook her head and heaved herself up onto her paws. Her fur was heavy with water and caked in sand so she shook herself, hoping to get rid of it, and began walking up the beach towards the jungle. She stopped when she reached a large rock, and sat down on top of it to take in what scents she could. And what she smelled startled her; she could faintly smell the scent of something that was vaguely reminiscent of a lion's scent, though it was in fact very different from one's too. She could also smell many things that she didn't recognize, which did confuse her a bit, but more than anything, made her curious.

She decided then and there that she was going to find out what was giving off those strange scents, so she set off into the jungle. She traveled silently through the foliage until she could hear the sound of voices, then she stopped to listen. She could tell that there were at least two females, two males, and something she wasn't quite sure about, speaking not far ahead. She curled her lip in anticipation. There were many of them and only one of her. She had been in dangerous situations before, but never alone. She had always had her pride or Simba there by her side.

So, rather than barging into a potentially bad situation (which she had learned not to do from many cubhood experiences), she jumped up to the first branch of the neared tree and began clawing her way up to the top. When she reached a branch that she thought would provide a good vantage point, she looked around. It didn't take her long to spot two of the creatures that she had heard speaking. One looked like a strange human with horns and the other was some small blue-green thing rolling around on the ground.

Her first instinct was to crouch down into the stalking position. She hadn't eaten in quite some time, and the little creature looked like it could make easy prey. But she stopped herself before she could do anything else. There was a human very close to the little creature. There were never many humans in the Pride Lands at any time, but she had spotted them before, and they never seemed to be good news.

Soon she heard a new noise. She swiveled her ears in its direction. It sounded like something small walking through the jungle, making bird-like noises. She jumped down from her tree and crouched down in some covering foliage in the general area she thought the small thing would be headed too, based on the noise it was making walking. She figured, if she was going to hunt something it may as well be alone. She caught a glimpse of it through the foliage in the distance and noticed that it looked like a small human. Humans weren't that small though, so she must have been mistaken. She waited silently for the little thing to wander closer.

((Huzzah for long intros! They make the world go 'round, and then they go around it like the Great Text Wall of China. xd.png))

Mary walked through the jungle, doing her best to ignore her salt-encrusted clothes chafing against her skin. Before long, though, she didn't even have to try; her aches and discomforts faded from her mind as she stared at the world around her, brown eyes wide.

It wasn't like any part of the Monster World that she had ever seen; Monstropolis and the area around it were colorful and oddly-proportioned, as though some great being had created it in a fit of whimsy. This place was beautiful, too, but it was... different. Things weren't so odd-looking, but they still didn't look quite natural. She noticed a couple of trees here and there that didn't really look like they belonged in a jungle. And the air was fresh and warm and sweet, but once or twice she caught wind of something stale and unpleasant, like a closet that had been closed for a few months.

She stopped when she saw the glitter of eyes watching her in the undergrowth. She narrowed her eyes to look a bit more closely, and suddenly she realized that she was looking at a lion. Instead of the fear that an older person might have felt, she was quite happy. She had grown up visiting the Monster World, and despite her parents' frustrated efforts to teach her otherwise, she'd never been entirely convinced that animals in her world couldn't talk. She'd tried to get the lions and tigers at the zoo to talk to her a few times, but they'd just given her a lazy look and gone back to sleep.

She beamed and waved at the lion. "Hi! Do you live here?" she asked brightly, watching the lion half-hidden in the shadows. She remembered reading that lions that didn't have manes were girls, so it looked like this one was a lioness, not a lion.

Edited by Carnivorous M.

((Lol. D'oh. Kinda forgot to mention Nala's name in the intro. Eh, I'll just start using it now so I don't have to keep calling her 'the lioness'))

Just as Nala had suspected, the little thing had walked right into her range. She may not have caught anything in a while, but that didn't mean her hunting skills had diminished. The little creature truly was weird to Nala's eyes though. It really did look like a human, only smaller than any she had seen. Instead of pouncing on it right away, she took a moment to observe the oddity, and in that moment, it had seen her.

Nala flattened her ears against her head in anger, and unsheathed her claws, but before she could even move, the thing spoke to her. And she understood it. This was a strange day and place indeed. But there wasn't possibly anything it could do to hurt her, so she walked out of her hiding place and stood, with her claws still unsheathed, in front of the small human-thing.

"No, I do not." She sniffed at her and noted that she did, in fact, smell like a human. She soon realized that she must be face to face with a cub. She relaxed a bit at this realization. "Where is your human pride?"

Username:Shadow_claw

Disney Character: Kaira

Movie/Book: The lion King 2

Appearance: n/a

History: n/a

Photo: Kiara

ninja.gif

Edited by shadow_claw

Mary grinned so widely that her face looked like it was going to split in two. She knew animals could talk! She was too excited to be disappointed by the curtness in the lioness's tone, mainly thinking about the question. She tilted her head, confused. "A pride?"

Something clicked; she remembered that animals had all sorts of funny names for when they stayed together in groups. "Oh! I don't live in a pride. I live with Mommy and Dad in O-hi-o," she said matter-of-factly, drawing out the name of her home state the way Dad always did. "And I was with my friends out in the mountains, but I walked away and I think I fell asleep or something, and then I woke up here."

The little girl blinked owlishly at her new friend (or, at least, she thought the lioness was a friend). "Did you come here for a vacation? Whenever I go somewhere I don't live, I go on a vacation. That's what me and my friends were doing." She nodded, and then she remembered all the times that Mommy had told her that it was rude not to tell someone your name. "I'm--"

She paused. In the Monster World, everyone called her by her nickname. Mike and Sully and Celia knew her real name, but they never called her by it. Somehow, this place didn't feel like home, so maybe she should go by her other-world name here, too.

"I'm Boo," she said, seriously. She started to hold out her hand to shake, and then thought better of it. Animals didn't really shake paws; dogs did, but she didn't think they really did it to say hi. And when she tried to pet that one skinny cat that kept hanging around in her backyard, it always ran away, so maybe animals didn't like it when people stuck their hands out at them. "What's your name?"

((Boo's a little motor-mouth, ain't she? xd.png))

Edited by Carnivorous M.

((@shadow_claw: Just to let you know [forgot to mention this too x.x god, there's always something missing from my intros] Nala has been stolen from her universe at a time before she gave birth to Kiara and after Scar was killed, which is okay, since each character here was stolen from their own 'universe' in different times, I suppose [since I'm pretty sure one or two of the characters being played here are canonically dead -may be wrong though-] so if you're going to play Kiara, I guess you're going to remember Nala, but Nala is not going to know Kiara yet. I made it that way specifically in case someone wanted to play as Kiara, Kovu, Vitani, etc., because the whole experience of being on the island is supposed to be, I guess 'troubling' for each character in a different way. And for Nala, that way is going to be that she needs to get back to her pride. And if she already knows her pride is here... it kind of lessens the effect. It should be interesting though, her not knowing her own daughter.))

Nala relaxed even more as the young human spoke. She knew that it was no threat, especially if her mother and father weren't near-by. And, luckily for her, Nala decided that she wasn't going to eat her. "Well, I've never seen a human out alone, so I always assumed they lived in prides." She said, sounding less menacing now.

"I don't know where 'O-hi-o' is... And no, I'm not on any vacation. I don't know where I am, if I'm to be honest." She sat down, looking thoughtfully at the young human. Was the human's strange arrival a coincidence?

"My name is Nala, Boo." Perhaps Boo was a normal name for humans, but she had never heard of a lion, or any other animal for that matter, that had a name like that. "You know, I saw some other human-like creatures over that way," She nodded in the direction of where the others were, "Maybe you should go see them."

Edited by Elena

((Amelia and beast are not too far away from Delbet, stitch, and Maleficent. From my understanding Sher Kan is still in the clearing, Tru and Nita wandered away together to go find food, and I don't believe anyone else, Aside from the new comers, is still active in the RP))

Maleficent quirked an eyebrow at Stitch. "Silly Thing. You're getting dirtier." She chided him gently and in (uncharacteristically) good humor. She took the other shell and began to work on that one, Handing the other one off to Delbert so he could work on that. She didn't care a lick that Stitch didn't like Delbert, all that mattered to the fairy was that He seemed quite sweet on her. Truth be told, She found the little snarl cute, especially how he turned so sweet when he turned back to her.

She sighed deeply and leaned back for a second. She was doing fairly well for someone who recently sustained a nearly mortal wound but that didn't mean she was doing superbly. She closed her eyes for a second and stretched her torso gingerly. Yes, it still hurt like Hades, but it could hurt worse make no mistakes. when her eyes opened again she looked up to the canopy, the lush dense green gave little indication as to what time of day it was. That, was mildly annoying.

(Did you read the rules, Shadow_Claw?)

Delbert accepted the other cocoanut and started to make it into another canteen.

Stitch stopped rolling around as the fairy scolded him but it wasn't a harsh scolding like he would have gotten for, say, tracking mud into the house. Sitting upright, the alien grinned at her and began scratching at his ear, rather like a dog would if it had fleas. But if this island was infested with space fleas, nearly everyone would be dead. And he would have been incredibly itchy. Seriously, space fleas where ten times worse than regular fleas. Not that Stitch could be troubled by something as small as normal, Earth fleas.

Slowly moving closer to Maleficent, Stitch frowned as he sniffed the coconut she was holding. She was hollowing it out... but for what purpose? What requirements did hollowing out some fruit have? Hopefully it didn't involve him getting water. Of course, he would do it for her but he wouldn't like it very much. Although, it would give him a chance to activate the pod.

Boo nodded. "Ohhh... you know, I don't really know where Ohio is either. My teacher keeps telling me, but she says it so boring and it's hard to listen." She shook her head sadly, and then grinned again. "It's nice to meet you, Nala! I told Mommy lions could talk!"

Her eyes widened again. "There's other people here? I didn't know there were normal people in Other Worlds! There aren't in the Monster World, anyway. I wonder if they don't know where they are, either? Maybe I should go see them! But..." She bit her lip and rocked back and forth on her heels. "...are they close? I don't know where they are, and it's lonely here."

That was what bothered her about the place. Other than her new friend, Nala, she hadn't seen anybody else, and she didn't know how hard it would be to find the other people. Even at night, when she was all alone in her room, she knew she wasn't really alone, because her parents were just a couple of rooms away and her friends were just on the other side of the door. Here, though, she didn't know anyone, and suddenly the prospect of being alone any longer twisted her stomach.

Worried, she looked back up at the lioness. "Nala, will you come with me? I don't want to go all alone." She knew her friends at school would have called her a fraidy-cat, but at this point she didn't really care. Besides, now she knew a cat that was definitely not a fraidy-cat.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Panic watched nervously as the cat-lady and the shaggy, horned monster drew back a little to confer. His pointed ears twitched back and forth, trying to catch what they were saying; he could pick up general noises from quite a long distance, but when someone was deliberately trying not to be heard it was quite difficult to make it out. It was a bit frustrating, but it came of constant, darting energy.

He glanced at the trees from which he had come. Speaking of energy, his was starting to come back. His limbs still felt like rubber from the long run, and various aches and pains were starting to make themselves known, but he thought he could force himself to run a bit further if need be.

Fear started to niggle its way back into control. What were they talking about? Maybe the cat-lady had just been trying to make sure he wouldn't run away. Maybe they were about to pounce on him while he least expected it. He fidgeted more and more, until his lashing tail stirred up a cloud of dust and he coughed.

Edited by Carnivorous M.

((Sorry I'm just waiting for a place to post for Shere Khan. Don't know where Nita went))

((lol, just saw your edit on your older post, Carnivorous M. xd.png. Only a little bit. And, Sweet_Wyvern, I'm sure Nala would like to interact with Shere Khan. She's never seen a tiger before tongue.gif))

Nala was hesitant for a moment, then sighed, acknowledging to herself that Boo may be right; perhaps the others didn't know where they were either. Or maybe they did and they could explain the situation. Either way, going to see the others was probably the best idea.

"Alright, I'll go with you." Nala stood up once again and turned towards the direction they would be heading. She still wasn't entirely sure if the others were safe for her or not, but if Boo wanted to go see her own kind, she would be happy to lead her to them.

She set off at a slow pace so that Boo could keep up. "All lions talk in the Pride Lands." She said in response to Boo's previous comment about lions talking. "I've never heard any humans talk where I'm from though."

Edited by Elena

Kiara blinked and she was in a strange place. She was laying in the sun close to pride rock. Then she couldn't hear anything. Kiara closed her eyes and she was here. "Strange" she thought "Where is mother and Kovu?" Kiara was caked in sand and salt burned her eyes. "Mother?" "Kovu?" she called. Kiara called for them for a while and gave up. She began to wander the beach.

Edited by shadow_claw

Shere Khan toyed with a mouse idly, pretending not to watch as Delbert and Stitch fell prey to manipulation. Simple creatures were always easy to take advantage of. Lifting his paw, he allowed the terrified little mouse to scamper away. He rose then stretched leisurely, wiggling his clawed toes as he did so. Once he was done stretching he peered about, wondering what he could do to be productive. The green woman was already occupying the labor of Stitch and Delbert, which meant he would have to do work for himself. How dreadful. With a slightly dramatic sigh he moved to the edge of the clearing and began gnawing on a small tree. Within minutes it snapped off at the base, causing the tiger to spit splinters in disgust. Careful not to touch the splinters again, Shere Khan gripped the branch in his jaws and carried it back to the lean to. With some adjusting he replaced a smaller branch, making the structure slightly bigger. He then in turn moved the wall branches and twigs back to encompass the larger structure.

Kiara dashed into the jungle. Fear was making it hard to think straight. "Mother?" "Kovu?" she called. She ran, calling them untill her paws ached. Kiara found a puddle of rain water. She lapped it up thirstly, the salty taste leaving her mouth.

All worry disappeared almost instantly from Boo's face. "Really? Thank you so much!" She ran a short way to catch up with Nala, and then walked alongside her. "That's kind of weird; people don't think animals can talk, but I never thought about it being the other way around."

She stopped for a moment to pick up a pretty purple-green pebble, and hopped back up to walk next to the lioness. "I've never heard of the Pridelands. Are there any rocks like this one there?" She held the pebble up for Nala to look at, cheerfully oblivious to the loud rustle made by some small jungle creature as it darted past.

"I guess I can understand why that would happen. For the most part, different animals like to stick to their own kind." She knew from personal experience that there were exceptions to her statement, and as she thought about it, she was reminded of the pride and friends that must be missing her right now. She sighed and swished her tail, but gave no other indication of how she was feeling.

Nala glanced down at the pebble Boo was holding. "Well, not exactly like that... My pride and I live in a large rock formation called Pride Rock. It really is quite spectacular." By the time she had finished talking they had come very close to where the other were. She could hear the moving about.

"It should be just through here." Her fur began to stand on end when she again caught the scent that reminded her a bit of a lion's scent.

"Huh, I guess so," replied Boo thoughtfully. "Pride Rock sounds nice; the only rock formation we have where I live is that big pile of rocks out behind the school. I don't even know why it's there." She shrugged. "There's a lot more rocks in the Monster World; that's where I was camping with Celia and Mike and..." She trailed off, remembering her friends. Were they worried about her? Were they okay?

She fell silent, walking along in silence for a minute or two. She perked up, however, at the news that they were almost there. "Ooh! I wonder who's in there? I wonder what they're like?"

She glanced at Nala, worry starting to reassert itself when she saw the lioness's raised hackles and wariness. "What's the matter?" she asked, reaching around and tucking the pebble into one of her backpack's outer pockets.

((Gah, short post is short. I think I'm going to have to go for the night; my brain is totally fried. @~@))

Edited by Carnivorous M.

Kiara padded along in the jungle. "It is very moist here" she said to herself. The water had made her more thirsty, and hungry too. Her stomach snarled. Kiara went farther into the jungle to go hunt.

((ugggg... sick kid and husband today >.<))

When they were finally finished making the cups and canteens out of the coconuts Maleficent looked upon their work and nodded to herself.

"There, at least now we have means to carry water, if only a small amount." She looked between Delbert and Stitch, She had already seen that the pair didn't get along too well, but getting water would be difficult by yourself. "Now to benefit from our labors. We need a source of fresh water. If you'll help me up Delbert. We can begin looking for it." She certainly didn't relish the idea of trekking around but she was growing immensely thirsty, and the opportunity to get a drink was something she would not pass up. Now... if one or both insisted she need not come... She would stay put, but being injured and alone around such things as tigers did not bode well in her mind.

((Sorry to drone on about the water thing... Direction and all that... >.<))

((Sorry, I've had no internet at home and I've been popping on and off using school computers and the internet at the library but I haven't had adequate time to make a post. *cracks my knuckles* Let's see what I can do here...))

Watching them? Why would the man watch them if he felt they posed no threat to him? Shaking his head with an irritated snort, Beast would have made a grumbling response had he not been interrupted by the sudden appearance of a blue creature. At first, Beast had thought it was Stitch but no, there was something different. The creature looked completely wrong; more wiry and frail looking than the fluffy, healthy, appearance Stitch had.

Amelia went up to it, asking if it were alright. He huffed once, twice, sniffing the air and taking in the nervous creature's stench. Fear was heavy on its skin, filling his mouth like a thick fog and overwhelming the other scents of the forest. Contempt crawled into his flesh at the thing's fear. Bell had been frightened when she'd first met him but significantly less than the quavering bit of living flesh before him.

Should they believe him? About the possibly injured girl? Beast pondered about this, turning his head to look at the direction the blue thing gestured towards. "A girl?" He repeated slowly, shaking his head. "Fine. Where is she? You can lead us to her."

---

Nita nodded quickly when Tru asked if the fruit was edible. She'd seen it plenty back home and smiled widely, glade to know that not everything was foreign. As the tigress lowered the thin tree, she hurriedly gathered what she could reach and placed them in the hollow created from the bottom of her tunic. Placing what she could into her satchel, she smiled again. "Okay, that's all I can carry. We can take these back to the others and then search for a bit more. Unless you would like to wait awhile and snack on some of the fruit?"

((I will not have ANY Internet it would seem so this is probably my last post until next Monday))

Tru let her weight hold the small tree down while Nita collected the fruit, feeling rather helpful at the moment. When the girl had all she could carry the tigress slowly eased off the tree until it was back in a standing position. "I'm afraid not, fruits don't hold any taste or value for me. You're free to them though, I just wanted to be a bit more productive," she explained. Not only did fruit taste sour, but it never replaced the hunger for meat. It was just the nature of a tiger. Scenting to make sure they were headed in the right direction and not away from camp, Tru said, "Sure, if you're up to I bet there's plenty more fruit where that came from." She stood, waiting to make the walk back when the girl was ready.

Shere Khan stiffened and sniffed the air, his jaws parting to taste the smell. Something feline and feral was headed there way, but it wasn't a tiger. Intrigued, he turned away from the lean-to and faced the direction the smell was coming from.