The Evil Doer

IQ world map....

Well that test makes my IQ 120. Although I've had it professionaly tested as 136.

I got a 140. Never been professionally tested though. And that map makes me feel sad for my country.

I scored a 136, which is where I was tested at as a kid.

Mine was 117 but that was probably because I'm not a native English speaker. Never been professionally tested though.

user posted image

Look at the USA and Australia go  blink.gif

Here you can take the test if you'd like to save face  wink.gif

http://www.iqtest.com/

Discuss.... Why, how, what do you think about it....

I think it is sick, racist and highly unscientific.

Since you ask smile.gif

I am not paying for a result, but I have in my time tested out at 160.

OK - just came in by email at 124. I would rather trust the professionals who tested me, to be honest.

Edited by fuzzbucket

I don't believe it, for a start - generalisations like that are invidious at the best of times - but it is rather typical of some of the kind of people who create this sort of site to try and suggest that the entire people of Africa have lower IQs than those in the States and Europe, for instance. It simply isn't true - any number of studies have shown this. It smacks of the "tame the noble savage" days of the worst kind of colonialism. ICK.

I don't believe it, for a start - generalisations like that are invidious at the best of times - but it is rather typical of some of the kind of people who create this sort of site to try and suggest that the entire people of Africa have lower IQs than those in the States and Europe, for instance. It simply isn't true - any number of studies have shown this. It smacks of the "tame the noble savage" days of the worst kind of colonialism. ICK.

Actually, now that I've looked it up, this chart seems to be more about the IQ of the indigenous people than the entire country itself.

I'm not really sure how legit the chart is though, so I won't defend that, though there are general IQ differences that do have to do with this.

user posted image

Look at the USA and Australia go blink.gif

Here you can take the test if you'd like to save face wink.gif

http://www.iqtest.com/

Discuss.... Why, how, what do you think about it....

First off I find those IQ things are based on assuming you have nothing wrong with you, Not to mention the fact its (80% of the time I found when we had to take them in school) stuff the world wants you to think like, not what you know.

All in all as a few have said this is sad if not sick. Every humans got brains. We should leave it at that. (Yes I know some don't use them but still) people in Africa just have it harder off then we do, does not mean there dumber, I'll go as far to say there smarter then us really if I went on how we Vs them survive. they may not have to many computers, wheel chairs, doctors or anything, but there still there and surviving.

thats my 2 cents.

First off I find those IQ things are based on assuming you have nothing wrong with you, Not to mention the fact its (80% of the time I found when we had to take them in school) stuff the world wants you to think like, not what you know.

All in all as a few have said this is sad if not sick. Every humans got brains. We should leave it at that. (Yes I know some don't use them but still) people in Africa just have it harder off then we do, does not mean there dumber, I'll go as far to say there smarter then us really if I went on how we Vs them survive. they may not have to many computers, wheel chairs, doctors or anything, but there still there and surviving.

thats my 2 cents.

IQ tests aren't supposed to be about what you "know." IQ isn't how smart you are, either.

I don't have them on hand right now, but there have been studies done that show extreme poverty affects intelligence. IQ is allegedly about what is intrinsic to a person, what their natural intelligence is. However, if it is affected by living in a place that is very poor or has a wealth of very stupid people around them, then it's not really their intrinsic intelligence, is it?

That said, I don't think it's racist to test IQ and look at it based on population; if the data say there is a disparity, then wonder why, don't try to tell the data they are lying and fix it just to look politically correct. Definitely do not use the data as an excuse for racist actions. The data themselves are not racist, however.

Ha ? blink.gif

First of all, it doesnt take a rocket scientist to realize the simple logic of things which is - third world countries, regardless of the color its countrymen have, will indeed have a lower IQ than non-third world countries, reasoning is logical - LACK OF NURTURE !!!

Next, I dont even get how is racism card raised here when all that is stated here is facts and when its Australia thats in the last place and not Africa, last I checked at least half of Australia was white and they arent considered as someone phrased it "savages" so how can one claim racism and completely ignore the fact that Australia has the lowest IQ ?

Instead of racism the discussion should be the reasoning behind this table, why do you think it is that Australia and USA are so low ? Education ? Society ? After all those two are a part of the western world rolleyes.gif

Edited by The Evil Doer

why do you think it is that Australia and USA are so low ? Education ? Society ?  After all those two are a part of the western world  rolleyes.gif

Why point out a specific country in the Americas when most of the continent of Africa is significantly lower*?

* = based on the chart

Edited by CYDA LUVA83

Well I'm definitely not surrounded by intellectually gifted people or geniuses, so maybe it's not entirely inaccurate.

Why point out a specific country in the Americas when most of the continent of Africa is significantly lower*?

* = based on the chart

Well mainly becuase 5000 kids die every day in Africa (not going into the genocides in a few places) so when survival is at stake education isnt the most important thing I would assume, USA and Australia should be on top of their game yet Australia is below Africa, it surprised me blink.gif

I have to pay?

Crap. That was a waste of my time...my parents don't like me spending money on stuff without their approval, and they'd probably never let me do this. Ten bucks for my IQ....

I've taken a test like this before, and I'm sure the results weren't nearly as accurate, and my age might have skewed it as well, but I got something around 140.

I'd lower it, though, if I were to estimate my own IQ. 120, perhaps.

That map was quite surprising- almost insulting, but eh. I don't want to say anything about what I think of my fellow Americans and what I think about the rest of the map, for fear of offending someone without meaning to. :/

Why would I post something that costs money ?

They send you the results to your mail, nobody pays... I sure hope nobody didnt pay coz then I would be xd.png

And you should be able to say everything thats on your mind, thats what discussion is all about....

Edited by The Evil Doer

It did ask for money at the end, but that was for a more detailed profile apparently.

Got a 137. Don't know how accurate it is but I still feel good about it. :b

Well mainly becuase 5000 kids die every day in Africa (not going into the genocides in a few places) so when survival is at stake education isnt the most important thing I would assume, USA and Australia should be on top of their game yet Australia is below Africa, it surprised me blink.gif

IQ is not a matter of education.

I did say - later, in an edit - that the basic result came in my email. But when you are on the site, nothing comes up except a demand for money - there's no suggestion that the results will show up any other way.

I got a 134. I don't think that's a horribly accurate test though... I can imagine mine being below that or above it, idk. The test seems rather short and... not really comprehensive? I've never been professionally tested though, so I wouldn't know what mine actually is.

Edited by philpot123

IQ is not a matter of education.

I did say - later, in an edit - that the basic result came in my email. But when you are on the site, nothing comes up except a demand for money - there's no suggestion that the results will show up any other way.

Of course IQ is a matter of education... IQ = nature + nurture....

Of course IQ is a matter of education... IQ = nature + nurture....

I was under the impression that IQ was more of a measure of potential than actual intelligence. I know people with off the charts professionally tested IQs who are imbeciles.

I doubt it's racist (otherwise South America would be 'worse' and Australia would be 'better.') However, the map is obviously fake. The odds of every single country in Europe having the same average, and every single country in South America having the same average, are ridiculously miniscule. This map is the statistical equivalent of one of those really really bad Photoshops where the two people supposedly hugging each other have halo artefacts around them and light sources from two different directions. :-)