The Evil Doer

IQ world map....

Why would I post something that costs money ?

They send you the results to your mail, nobody pays... I sure hope nobody didnt pay coz then I would be xd.png

And you should be able to say everything thats on your mind, thats what discussion is all about....

I realized that you didn't have to pay to get the score when I checked my email a few moments ago xd.png Faaail. I got a 126. Whoo!

Whatitsokayformetobeproudofmysomewhatlowscore.

Also, neeehhh....it wasn't a big deal, but I was a bit upset by the way the map portrayed the US -where I live- but then again, Americans are...yeah. Lol.

rolleyes.gif

I didn't take it, but I know my IQ is above 140. Not really sharing much past that point, honestly.

China/Japan - AKA the Asians - appear as having the highest average IQ. Are you sure this is accurate?

I don't have a brain, so my IQ is 0. xd.png

On a more serious note, I took an IQ test once for the lulz and I got 133.

I believe IQ varies from mood to mood though. If you're tired/strained, your IQ is lower. wink.gif If your mind state is clean, then you can do way much better. ^^ So I believe it's ...relative?

Also, wth is it with that map? o.o I render it a grey nonsense, because it insults Australians. Did I say grey? LOL!

It should be constant, really. xd.png People are the same everywhere.

Edited by earthgirl

It gave me a 124, but professional testing put me at 145. I think I'll go with the guys with degrees and the professional testing (though the chart is kind of interesting).

IQ tests are very overrated and have erroneously come to be synonymous with 'overall intelligence'. I don't really take anything boasting "IQ test results" seriously anymore.

I can believe that there are noticeable differences between countries, though not sure how accurate that chart is. For instance, I remember reading an article about how some indigenous tribes of Africa were unable to identify common animals in photographs (dogs, cow). It wasn't because they didn't know what the animals were, but because the ways they identified them were different than ours and the photos were little more than jumbles of colors. Something like that.

According to the IQ test, I got 93. Hooray! I'm apparently an idiot when it comes to silly math problems that have no practical purpose and questions focusing on the exact things my body has trouble answering! laugh.gif

VIVA LA LOWER IQs! \o/

Just you wait. When the oil runs out and you're all struggling to get around, I'll be the one - with my redneck IQ and life experiences - riding the horse and stealing your supplies, galloping off into the sunset as I continue to not give a censorkip.gif about IQs. Me and the Australians*. *salutes*

*and that one little country above South Africa, if that map is to be believed.

Well, by that site I have a 128... But sketchy website is sketchy. :3

What's the source on that map?

IQ tests aren't supposed to be about what you "know." IQ isn't how smart you are, either.

This.

IQ is related to how good you are at learning difficult concepts and solving mental tasks, not what you know, how many books you're read or anything like that.

That test gave me a result of 138, never been professionally tested, but I don't think that any of this matters because I'm a derp in real life situations anyway.

Normally 140 in professional tests, but have been known to get up to 160.

It feels like just looking at that map won't give us the full idea and background of it's usage.

This is the little I found from lazy-searching the web in an attempt to find the source of that map:

It appears that it was created by a guy named Richard Lynn, a Professor Emeritus of Psychology, who is apparantly known for how he views differences in race and ethnicity and has written several books on the subject. A political scientist named Tatu Vanhanen is also credited as a co-writer of the books.

Some claim that this map in particular can be used for evolutionary studies but is not very useful outside of that.

Additional notes:

The wikipedia pages on both the man Richard Lynn and the book in which that map is featured are marked under suspicion of presenting the info in a non-neutral view.

There also exist other maps on the internet claiming to be "IQ by region world maps", all of which look different from each other.

70? Humbug. ._. I'm quite sure I'm above that. Now, this just isn't fair. I doubt this man has even been to most of these countries.

Next, I dont even get how is racism card raised here when all that is stated here is facts and when its Australia thats in the last place and not Africa, last I checked at least half of Australia was white and they arent considered as someone phrased it "savages" so how can one claim racism and completely ignore the fact that Australia has the lowest IQ ?

The map is only factoring the IQ of the indigenous people.

I think it is sick, racist and highly unscientific.

I don't believe it, for a start - generalisations like that are invidious at the best of times - but it is rather typical of some of the kind of people who create this sort of site to try and suggest that the entire people of Africa have lower IQs than those in the States and Europe, for instance. It simply isn't true - any number of studies have shown this. It smacks of the "tame the noble savage" days of the worst kind of colonialism. ICK.

The IQ’s of undeveloped nations (in this case, indigenous population IQ is what is presented on the map) are significantly lower in part because of the Flynn effect.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flynn_effect

“If the Flynn effect has ended in developed nations, then this may possibly allow national differences in IQ scores to diminish if the Flynn effect continues in nations with lower average national IQs.”

However, it is not unscientific to say that these racial gaps have a genetic component. The 100% cultural-only explanation can’t explain all the evidence, including recent evidence using MRI’s. Many accept that the racial differences reflect aggregated individual differences.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mainstream_Sc...-intelligence-0

“It was drafted by professor of psychology Linda Gottfredson and signed by Gottfredson and 51 other university professors specializing in intelligence and related fields, including around one third of the editorial board of the journal Intelligence,”

“Most experts’ private opinions mirrored the conclusions of psychologist Arthur Jensen, whom the media have consistently painted as extreme and marginal for holding precisely those views.” -- Linda Gottfredson

http://www.udel.edu/educ/gottfredson/reprints/

WHAT IF THE HEREDITARIAN HYPOTHESIS IS TRUE?

“The g-based hereditarian theory connects g-related phenomena at the genetic, physiological, psychometric, and socioeconomic levels to form a coherent pattern that yields novel predictions subsequently confirmed; it is consilient. In contrast, culture-only theory has become increasingly tattered over time, patched over by disconnected ad hoc speculation.”

“In summary, Rushton and Jensen (2005) have presented a compelling case that their 50%–50% hereditarian hypothesis is more plausible than the culture only hypothesis. In fact, the evidence is so consistent and so quantitatively uniform that the truth may lie closer to 70%–80% genetic, which is the within race heritability for adults in the West. The case for culture-only theory is so weak by comparison—so degenerated—that the burden of proof now shifts to its proponents to identify and replicate even one substantial, demonstrably nongenetic influence on the Black–White mean difference in g. Any such demonstration must be with genetically sensitive research because most “environments” are” partly genetic in origin (different genotypes create and evoke different environments for themselves and their children; Scarr, 1997).”

This test isn't just racist, it's ableist too:

http://eateroftrees.wordpress.com/2011/08/...ason-you-think/

It’s not ableist to acknowledge that people have varying ability levels.  I mean obviously come on that’s like, one of the most basic points of disability theory.

Intelligence is ableist because it isn’t actually a thing.  It’s a bunch of things, and often they aren’t correlated at all (See for example specific learning disabilities; like I’m completely unable to remember things in the short term and get distracted all the time and forget what I was doing but as soon as something is in my long term memory it is staying there forever.)

I want to have the statistics of their study. Did they go out and test a proportionate sample for each country? Did they make sure to fairly test each individual? Did they make sure that certain individuals were getting proper nutrition before the test, so that hunger/thirst/etc. didn't affect their score? What about sleep? Stress? Sickness? Time? I could go on and on...

Anyway, I got a 132. But I was interrupted by someone who wouldn't get off the phone for 58 secs, so that probably affected it.

Edited by stogucheme

Got a 149. I can't help but feel lied to. And that map looks deceiving, too.

Just took that test and it scored me 138. Never been professionaly tested though, so I have no idea how accurate that figure might be. I have taken more of those online IQ tests though, and IIRC I usually do get around 140.

I took this test and got 136. However I've never been professionally tested, so I have nothing to compare this score to.

user posted image

Look at the USA and Australia go  blink.gif

Here you can take the test if you'd like to save face  wink.gif

http://www.iqtest.com/

Discuss.... Why, how, what do you think about it....

The picture in the OP is strictly in regards to the native people. The australian one is just aboriginals, the US is just native americans, etc etc etc.

(also its funny how whenever a post your IQ thing comes up online, almost everyone is always at genius level. heh)

Edited by grimace

Okay, so out of curiosity, I took the test and got similar results to many posted here. However, I’ve always viewed intelligence as simply the practical application of knowledge, and these tests seem to favor those who have a certain type of knowledge. Does that mean I’m more intelligent than someone who doesn’t have that knowledge? No, it does not; it just means that we were educated differently. If there was an IQ test using the type knowledge that one might get in a “native” education, I can about guarantee my score would be idiot level.

Technically a genius IQ is 140 or higher I think. It might be 130 but I'm almost certain it's 140. My sister and I were tested when we were younger, I got 138 and she got 150. I honestly don't trust any online IQ test, especially since the internet is so distracting I end up forgetting about it and running out of time. And I think the reason most people are posting higher IQs is because... basically... smart people do better on the computer than real life. Most of the intelligent people I know have some kind of mental issue, majority of them having anxiety and being incredible socially awkward. Not the "omg I'm so awkward and cute lol" kind of way. The "I'm about to have a heart attack because I just did something stupid and now everyone is judging me badly and I can't do anything right" kind of social awkwardness. The computer makes communicating and socializing so much less stressful. I myself have my share of mental problems. I have a form of high functioning autism, Asperger's Syndrome, and along with that I have generalized anxiety disorder and agoraphobia. I can't deal with the real world without freaking out. People with Asperger's are known to be very smart and creative.

The test scored me as 132. I've taken an IQ test before and I think I got somewhere closer to 150, so I dunno.

Where is that map even from? I really doubt the national average for Australia is 60.

And I really doubt all the people in this thread are gifted or geniuses, sorry.