stogucheme

Have trades- not transfers- public on scroll

Okay. Basically. You go to my scroll. You notice my Black egg. Next to the stage (in this case, the word 'egg') is a symbol. You click on it. You are brought to this page: http://dragcave.net/teleport/15e3929cf69b4...9f84b87e3ca0aa6

You can then make offers on my egg.

(This is optional- you'd be able to make trades private.)

Important note: this will NOT happen with transfers (one-way). Only with trades (two-way).

Yay or nay?

Edited by stogucheme

I think this would be nice. But what I would really like is an in-game searchable "marketplace" for eggs available for trade, which would be a lot more useful. But the ideas aren't mutually exclusive, so support.

Like I say with all this sort of stuff, as long as it's optional, I don't have a problem with the idea.

Some trades I make are only for my friends to offer on, or are only posted in certain places, etc, so I wouldn't want it automatically showing to the public. But yeah, if I could control it, sure!

At first I liked the idea, but then it occurred to me...

This would be a major p.i.t.a. in hatcheries. I like to actually click hatchery eggs, not just give them views. If an egg in a hatchery had a trade set up on it, chances are the hatchery wouldn't have any indication of the potential trade. So you'd click it, & instead of registering the click, it would end up going to the trade link. It would probably take too much coding & coordination on the part of hatchery owners to make it known that 'this egg is set up for a trade'.

Four or five of these & I'd quit wanting to click eggs.

At first I liked the idea, but then it occurred to me...

This would be a major p.i.t.a. in hatcheries. I like to actually click hatchery eggs, not just give them views. If an egg in a hatchery had a trade set up on it, chances are the hatchery wouldn't have any indication of the potential trade. So you'd click it, & instead of registering the click, it would end up going to the trade link. It would probably take too much coding & coordination on the part of hatchery owners to make it known that 'this egg is set up for a trade'.

Four or five of these & I'd quit wanting to click eggs.

maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're saying, but why would clicking on an egg in a hatchery behave any differently just because there's a trade link on the person's scroll? the way I interpreted the OP's suggestion, it wouldn't interfere with ordinary clicking on eggs, just add a small, unobtrusive link to the scroll indicating the trade. as far as indicating that an egg in a hatchery is set up for trade is concerned, I don't think it'd be strictly necessary, either.

personally, I think this is a neat idea, especially in conjunction with what Renorei said — a searchable marketplace would be ace.

the way I interpreted the OP's suggestion, it wouldn't interfere with ordinary clicking on eggs, just add a small, unobtrusive link to the scroll indicating the trade.

The way I'm reading it is you click the egg & it takes you to the trade link.

Maybe the OP could reiterate?

The way I'm reading it is you click the egg & it takes you to the trade link.

Maybe the OP could reiterate?

I think that stogucheme means there would be a symbol by the egg that you click to get to the trade link.

I think that this is a cool idea - I probably wouldn't use it that often, but I'm not against it.

Edited by Snow Plow

Okay, this is what you have on your scroll:

image...name...stage...v/uv/c

With my addition, it'd be:

image...name...stage(symbol)...v/uv/c

That's it.

I'm not sure how much use this would get (I'm not someone who browses people's scrolls regularly, and when I leave new eggs out of hatcheries overnight I can see by the views that not many people visit my scroll either) but I think it is a nice idea. Certainly if, for yourself, that little link would go to the page for that particular trade offer, so you can click to see what offers you got, instead of having to go to Account > Active Transfers > transfer x.

Though I agree that an in cave marketplace would be much more useful.

I like this idea. If a "marketplace" isn't codeable, this would be a decent alternative. If there was a marketplace, then it would be a bit redundant.

This + Marketplace would be pretty neat, if it wasn't insane to code.

My thoughts exactly! I would very muck love this feature, if it were ever implemented.

Yay. I think AND a marketplace would be nice, actually.

Okay, this is what you have on your scroll:

image...name...stage...v/uv/c

With my addition, it'd be:

image...name...stage(symbol)...v/uv/c

That's it.

If it's the symbol that's the link, then it would be fine. smile.gif

I wonder why this didn't come up before. (Or maybe it did and I overlooked, in which case I'm sorry and please freeze as duplicate)

So. You visit someone's scroll. You see they have an egg/hatchling you'd LOVE to get.

And maybe that someone is currently offering their egg/hatchling somewhere for trade? So here's the suggestion: if they have an open, two-way trade, there could be a link on their scroll, perhaps a magi icon with "XY's active teleports" as a description. You click it, and there - you can make your offer!

It would maybe be optional to let scroll visitors make trade offers, to avoid the trade started getting spammed with offers they don't want.

The visitor could not offer on an egg or hatchling that's not up for trading.

The scroll owner's magi dragon would be responsible for the security of the transfer.

What do you think?

Right now, I don't see a reason not to. Especially not if you can opt out. On the other hand, how many people actually visit other peoples's scrolls regularly?

Come to think of it, some trades are meant to be private, aren't they?

I would like this. As long as people have to choose to have a trade displayed publically, then there should be nothing to argue about--if you don't want to do it, don't. But it would nice for there to be a way for trading to finally, FINALLY exist without having to go off-site. Even if it wasn't used hardly at all, at least it's THERE.

I can't see how this would be very useful.

You can't see what the other person is wanting for the trade, so how do you know what to offer? Chances are, you aren't going to be offering the right thing.

And if the person is making a trade, they are most likely going to be posting it on the forums, so you can find it there (and what they're looking for). If they don't, the trade is probably private.

Edited by tikigurl91

I can't see how this would be very useful.

You can't see what the other person is wanting for the trade, so how do you know what to offer? Chances are, you aren't going to be offering the right thing.

And if the person is making a trade, they are most likely going to be posting it on the forums. If they don't, the trade is probably private.

If you have to choose to make a trade public, then people already know they're opening themselves up to offers from people who have no clue what they want--and they're ok with it.

Not everyone is allowed on the forums, as has been mentioned many a time before. Having a way for trading to exist actually on-site for once, even if it saw little use, would be nice.

Not everyone is allowed on the forums, as has been mentioned many a time before. Having a way for trading to exist actually on-site for once, even if it saw little use, would be nice.

I agree, but I would rather see an In-Cave Marketplace than this.

I'm not saying this is a terrible idea, just that it isn't too useful.

If you have to choose to make a trade public, then people already know they're opening themselves up to offers from people who have no clue what they want--and they're ok with it.

Frankly, I think the work of coding it far outweighs any benefits. If someone is not allowed on the forums, they would have no way to see a trade unless they clicked an egg and actually looked at it. Almost all hatcheries open clicks in an i-frame box and you don't even see most of the info unless you scroll down. If you are just doing one click after another, you will see nothing.

And how many clicks do most eggs get? I have a gold adult that got 12, and that was only because it was a metal. Everything else I had at the same time got less than 5, one of which was mine. Had any of them been up for trade, it would have gotten me nothing.

As far as scroll viewing, how often does that happen? Generally only if you post something interesting or a trade..on the forum. I dont think many people run around viewing scrolls at random, and if they did,k it would only be people with a link to click.

So, I don't see how this would be of much use, public or private trades notwithstanding.

Edited by ainisarie

This better be optional if it ever happened - I'd HATE it. I do NOT want other users to be able to contact me through my scroll in ANY way, no matter WHAT for. The trades I do I do through threads here. I do NOT want people I know nothing about trying to join in.

I agree that it should be optional, or else one valuable egg's trade would get a zillion of trade offers. If you don't want to get random offers, you don't make the trade public.

But for those who would like this option, I think it would be useful.

It would be nice to have a 'current trades' tab when looking at someone else' scroll.

Just because sometimes you are unable to find the thread they posted in, or you cannot tell what they are trading.

This is also good for the option of people who aren't on the forum.. if there was some way to tell at all.

Yes or no?